Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading (35302 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Lagosians React To Plan By Ambode To Purchase Helicopters For Traffic | Tweets / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by born2boink(m): 1:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
ebamma: .see gbagaun, which new jersey u dey talk of, na dey one were dey for oshodi abi?
na new jersey wey dey for heaven maybe you think say yankee people no dey hang cloths outside, abi u blind when I mentioned video clips. Make una no dey bring trouble come if God no wan give you gbeke,everybody wey find palava go see palava. people like mobuch plenty for nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ever since the lagos state govt introduced this policy,my girl friend has been looking for her pant. The pant is a yellow G-string size 8 medium. Last seen on 27th july 2013

9 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Exodus2k(m): 1:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
LASG is confuse in there policy as a government, for crying out loud we are Africans. Mtcheeeeee
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Cutekid54: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
rali123: I really don't know what the problem is here, those condemning the act can't deny not seeing how untidy some places look like with clothes, those making a living out of it should simply spread cloth through another means, must it even be outside, don't they have 'backside' as well... I hope the Lagos state can do something about the way they spread cloth outside at the barracks as well because I have never seen any barraks that is not guilty.
Airforce barrack PAF in abuja is not guilty properly laid out buildings
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by skimarvel: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wots it bout lagosians nd non-lagosians..
Some people are just too dull to picture dat dey are used against environmental hazards
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Kei144(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
It is high time Nigerians started facing some responsibilities. You want to live in a megacity? You have to pay the price. Don't go to a megacity and live as if you are in a village.

Do you want to live in South Africa? Go there and urinate by the road side, even on a highway where there is no house nearby but only bushes, and see what the Police will do to you if they catch you.

5 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by tpia5: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
Exodus#2k:
LASG is confuse in there policy as a government, for crying out loud we are Africans. Mtcheeeeee

Who is the "we" and what do you mean?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by lomprico(m): 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2013
[quote author=justsayemma][/quote]
I don't see how washing clothes n spreading it to dry is a dirty act.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
CIVILIZATION IS WHAT FASHIOLA IS DOING...... I SUPPORT HIM 200%

GOOD TASTE & BAD TASTE

IF YOU CANT LIVE IN A "MEGA CITY", PLS RELOCATE TO YOUR VILLAGE OR NIGER REPUBLIC

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by owolabifunke14(f): 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
chidindufrank: Ever since the lagos state govt introduced this policy,my girl friend has been looking for her pant. The pant is a yellow G-string size 8 medium. Last seen on 27th july 2013
Lolss, am wearing a yellow pant now,please come and check whether is your girl friend's own.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by gratiaeo(m): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
For house wey them build or the 1 i build with my hard earn money?
Omo see foolishness in display here!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Spread your cloths inside your parlour things activited

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Rooneyboy(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
JudismphD: This practice is common in barracks, let the enforcement team go there to enforce their "civilian decree" now. Na kobolo go drop ontop their ears.

grin grin grin

Frankly, I think the present lagos state government has lost it; amongst many things confronting the state, hanging of clothes seems to be the most important to the government.

A big shame to fashola and his subordinates .

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
I SAID IT N ID SAY IT AGAIN
FASHOLA IS DOING NO ONE ANY FAVOURS
PIGS WANNA BE PIGS
LET THE PIG WALLOW IN ITS FILTH
FASHOLA THE RIGHT MAN IN THE WRONG PLACE

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Acidosis(m): 1:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
I don't understand..

Is it the house I built with my money, or the one Fashola built for me?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by rhames(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2013
direct more energy to development projects rather than beautifying the state.Where is the airport we were promised some years ago? Misplaced priorities.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by slimfit1(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
There is nothing wrong with the law let start obeying simple laws. We are complaining that our leaders are not obeying laws and we can't obey a simple one our selves.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Acidosis(m): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
Why make a policy that is not sustainable?

lols ... this policy will die with Fashola's tenure
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by bola4dprec(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
A man is born alone and dies alone and he experiences the good and bad consequences of his karma alone and
he goes alone to hell or the Supreme abode. Fashola your own is getting too much
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Midastouch1: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
How? grin grin grin

I thought you people all claim to live in VGC, Lekki and Ikoyi? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by gratiaeo(m): 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:
CIVILIZATION IS WHAT FASHIOLA IS DOING...... I SUPPORT HIM 200%

GOOD TASTE & BAD TASTE

IF YOU CANT LIVE IN A "MEGA CITY", PLS RELOCATE TO YOUR VILLAGE OR NIGER REPUBLIC
This kinda mega city abi?

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Granted that outlawing hanging of cloths outside the premises will help sanitize the environment and make every fence look clean, I think that this is yet another law targeting the poor. The rich can always hang their cloths in their fenced compounds or use their washing machines/dryers.

Fashola and indeed the APC should understand that the best way to prevent hanging of cloths is by encouraging the poor to become rich and stop living in barracks-like settlements and face-me-I-face-you setting.

The Okada man who was banned; The keke-napep guy who was stopped from plying commercial routes; The roadside recharge card seller has been stopped by KAI and the joblessman who was sacked by the banks has no place to live confidently anymore and they resort to live in poor settlements, now they cant hang their cloths outside but inside their stuffy little rooms. They can not afford washing machines and dryers like the rest of us. They need assistance to move up the ladder and live decent lives.

If only APC's Fashola can think of a positive way of making people's life improved instead of continuouse anti-poor policies then APC can be called Progressive, as it is, APC and its crusaders are Islamists, Anti-Poor and malevolent. The poor people have been chased out of the roads to their houses and now APC's Fashola is enforcing laws to seize their rags and clothings. This is a testimony that APC is NOT a party for the progress of the common man but an Assemblage of Pyrates & Cons.

As it is, I can only but say; When and if APC wins another election in Lagos, the poor man will have no place in cosmopolitan Lagos. Say No to APC, Say No to Fashola's Anti-Poor Commando Style Government.

Billyonaire - unapologetic in all my ways.

8 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by UyiIredia(m): 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
The Lagos state government must balance its aspiration for a modern city in touch which global standards with the immediate burdens of the people. I don't have the benefit of info the people in government have but I side with the populace because the tendency is for people in power to forget the discomforts they bore while less-privileged. That's why a Fashola who may have ridden bikes within Ikeja partially bans okada and a GEJ who told us he couldn't afford shoes impetuously increased fuel price.

4 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ZACHIE: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
born2fuck: I have seen a yankee clups where cloths are hangs outside in new jersey, some even hangs pant but the issue of fashola is getting too much. Deporting innocents igbo and the blood of the dead igbo will ask for him. What kind of policy is this. If you support him today, tommorow might fall on you.
ol boy! only you alone with a bagful of gbags!!! una dey try for that una New jersey. maybe, it is time to try Old Jersey

3 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by femlij: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hmmmm! Eko oni baje o!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Ninapha(f): 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
Fasho ngbodongbo, onye ochichi. Lagosians nkwa over to una. He needs ur support to actualize it. U go fear policies. The broom wey chase first wife commot dey up dey wait for second one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension / Twitter Removes Osinbajo's Verification Tag / Doyin Okupe: NIGERIA CAN'T AFFORD Brand New Trains, It Is Not America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.