Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional (20865 Views)

With This Kind Of Job Requirement; It Is Well! (pix Attached) / Access Bank And It's Outrageous Recruitment Requirement / Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by bishopjoe02(m): 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
jp philips:

you just spoke like a lazy uninformed youth wallowing in the gallows of ignorance, when you stop watching big brother and take a time off to research on real issues, when you spend weeks online researching global opportunities, then you may see a place or Window to catch in.
it is only an empty head that sees the challenges of life, the moment you pre occupy your head with real solutions, you will never have cause to complain.
how would you find a way outta Naija's problems when you spend 3months on BBA?
how will you know how many people that graduated early when you spend the better part of your life on kalo kalo?
look at the world top musicians, most of them start from their church choir as child choristers, our youths after wasting years of their lives on marijuana, dey dash off to the studio to make noise, tear their shirts and call themselves 'stars'.
is this life?

our youths finished themselves before the govt buried them.
Mr perfect, may i ask u d name of your company, and how many ppl u have in ur payroll. Wat are u doing in nairaland if u seems to ultilize ur time correctly, i just check ur profile, u r currently following more than 50 thread, u need to change ur ways first, before trying to change odas.
How old are u, i doubt if u have face life urself, u speaking like this because u are eating from dad's pot..
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by jpphilips(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
bishopjoe02:
Mr perfect, may i ask u d name of your company, and how many ppl u have in ur payroll. Wat are u doing in nairaland if u seems to ultilize ur time correctly, i just check ur profile, u r currently following more than 50 thread, u need to change ur ways first, before trying to change odas.
How old are u, i doubt if u have face life urself, u speaking like this because u are eating from dad's pot..

in life your personal opinion doesnt matter because everyone has got one.
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by obassey: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
jp philips:

stop talking nonsense you graduated when you did as a result of the decision you made and the opportunity you have, re you cursing people who are more privileged than you are? must you go to university to make it in life?
how many experts in Nigeria have a University degree?
did you see messi or samuel etoo in any university?

how can you throw away 26yrs of your life and want to be pitied for your error?
wen we left sec. my friend's dad told him that he is good at fixing things that he want him to learn automobile mechanic, he refused insisting on mechanical engineering, but when waec result came out, he narrowing passed maths.

father made it clear that he cannot waste his education trust fund on someone who wants to be an engineer with poor mathematics, den we were just 17.
his dad enrolled him with a 2yrs internship programme with denso in US, these guys are no close to be rich, they spent little for that 2yrs, accommodation provided by the aunt who lives there, tuition free but he cleans and arranges workshop and the company provides his food.

Denso at the time has a big contract with Toyota and other car companies so his training was intensive.

armed with an automobile competence certificate, he returned to Nigeria at 19yrs.
his father used his trust fund to hire his first workshop, by the time we were 25yrs this guy is already a multi millionaire, by the time we left the University he was already invested heavily in real estates, parts importation and auto sales.

by 29yrs when we met last he has 6 mechanical engineers on his payroll and an expert.

a lot of people have similar stories the problem with our youth is too much noise, ignorance and acute buffoonery.

you waste 30yrs of ur life trying jamb yet u blame govt, when will you give up and face your talent? when your sponsor retires and you sing to the world you have no privilege?

my first employer was a french guy with a competence certificate nothing more yet he paid my bills for years before I came to my senses.

blame blame blame! that's wot we are good at, no work at all, today is blaming employer s for their own jobs? gimme a break!.

this lousy mindset u have is the reason we have very high rate of unemployment.

turn on ur tv what do you see? our youths are watching big brother, maltina dance show, stuupid things, that contribute nada to their wellbeing, they are so poorly informed, once they open their mouths they ooze of emptiness.

Nairaland front page is not left out of this anomie im talking about, tonto today celebrity tomorrow.

How can you expect good decision from an empty head?
O shut the hell up. It's easy for u to say. How do u first of all, compare a developed economy to a developing economy. Dat's soooo absurd. In Nigeria, we do not have the enabling environment,by that I mean the basic ammentites to kick-start something. In most cases, u need to have money to make money. So don't come with ur one-sided opinion, talking about things u noe nothing about. How many people can afford private universites, when just one semester fee can cover ur four years in a Federal University. Yes!!! I blame blame blame the government. We aint asking for too much now, r we? It is tough out dere trust me, u just don't know.PS with some exceptions o,Without a certificate in Nigeria,you would almost not be regarded.
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by 1forall: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
But jp philips who are you to judge people on how they lived their lives? You need to quit talking down on people you don't even know. Your comments are rude and condescending.

It's what you've done in virtually all the 15+ comments you've made since the morning, and you've not even addressed the topic itself.

Share your opinion on the topic proper or just keep your discourteous words away please.

1 Like

Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by cynt22(f): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
Hmm, u guyz make it seem lyk its impossible 2 finish frm a state/federal uni + nysc b4 25. Until I read dis thread I was of d impression dat majority of fresh grads fall btw (21-26), probably because I knw a lot of job seekers within dat age range. As a matter of fact I did engineering, went 2 a fed uni and I'm 23, I wasn't even d youngest dat finished frm my set...my point is, dnt make it seem lyk its impossible. There is a significant fraction of fed uni graduates (cnt say 4 state unis) dat finish within dat age limit.
Regardless, I feel the age restriction practice is unfair...every grad dat meets up wit the specified academic/skill requirements shud b given a fair chance 2 partake in any recruitment process.
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by bishopjoe02(m): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
We all have a responsibility to say NO to this uncivilize act, we can start by Retweet, Rebroadcast and Share this post in all of our social network. Let spread d word...
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by jpphilips(m): 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
1forall: But jp philips who are you to judge people on how they lived their lives? You need to quit talking down on people you don't even know. Your comments are rude and condescending.

It's what you've done in virtually all the 15+ comments you've made since the morning, and you've not even addressed the topic itself.

Share your opinion on the topic proper or just keep your discourteous words away please.

bro, truth hurts

1 Like

Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by jpphilips(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
1forall: But jp philips who are you to judge people on how they lived their lives? You need to quit talking down on people you don't even know. Your comments are rude and condescending.

bro, truth hurts,
I will share my opinion on the subject when there is a subject worth discussing.
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by yame014: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
jp philips:

what kind of admission took you 2yrs to secure? do you realize those 2yrs of your life will never comeback?
what skill did you acquire within this 2yrs? or you went home to eat mama 'thank ma' in the name of 'waiting for jamb' after which you pounce your self inflicted frustration on PS3?

are you aware that some of your mates while waiting for jamb run Microsoft professional certifications where they cant afford it they go to local computer centers to learn basic computer appreciation?

how long do you think it takes to learn how to overhaul phones with competence certification?.this same skill your mates at alaba use it to feed their families.
how long does it take to be proficient in design? do you know the demand for such skills? even if you dont make money from it, your ability to design your own house will save you a lot of money and wahala in the future.

do you know that 60% of Nigerian graduates dont know how to use computers?
meanwhile this same people had years with ASUU strikes and jamb, today, they are blaming employers.

these designers that have made it big, are they not tailors? how long does it take to learn to make clothes? or you dont know the demand for such?

what about event planning? you think they are all big deals? because your ignorant mind spent two yrs at home playing ps3.
do you know the demand for making weaves and beads?
primivera, SAP are very lucrative applications one can learn in a short period. how many undergraduates are doing it?

come to the depot, some undergraduate s are there learning the trade some of them are even praying for ASUU to remain on strike. after now, they have a skill and they look for sponsors, while their mates are feeding fat at home watching pooorn on the internet.

why will someone sponsor an empty head without skill?

those are the real issues. our youths need to wake up real fast

If you had read between lines, you would have noticed me referring to a 3rd person. why use d 2nd person pronoun in ur quote?
Btw, who told you d person in question lack basic computer skills?
what made u think he never acquired any form of skills? (just to sponsor himself through sch)
where did you get ur statistics that "60% of Nigerian graduates don't know how to use computer?" -geez did they use typewriter for their projects?
What are you trying to insinuate?-that those that went to sch lately are dullards or they shudn't have gone to sch at all?
FYI this is Nigeria, where people discrimate once u r not educated...
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by yame014: 12:17am On Aug 11, 2013
cynt22: Hmm, u guyz make it seem lyk its impossible 2 finish frm a state/federal uni + nysc b4 25. Until I read dis thread I was of d impression dat majority of fresh grads fall btw (21-26), probably because I knw a lot of job seekers within dat age range. As a matter of fact I did engineering, went 2 a fed uni and I'm 23, I wasn't even d youngest dat finished frm my set...my point is, dnt make it seem lyk its impossible. There is a significant fraction of fed uni graduates (cnt say 4 state unis) dat finish within dat age limit.
Regardless, I feel the age restriction practice is unfair...every grad dat meets up wit the specified academic/skill requirements shud b given a fair chance 2 partake in any recruitment process.

Nobody is trying to debunk the fact that most federal university students can't graduate before 25yrs. The OP raised a vital observation that most enterprises now use the age barrier to screen candidates, knowing fully well that people don't have equal opportunities in life. Take for example, a person from a rural area will definitely start sch at an old age (say 15-because his parents r illiterates n peasant farmers who don't see any good thing in early education); by the time he's through with sch he his already 30. Are we going to deny this young man his own contribution to the economy just because he his too old? or should we tell him to start looking for sponsors for his ideas? or he should be self employed? If everybody is self employed, how will u get people to work for u? it is not everybody that can manage an estalishment. As an analogy with d human body, every part of the body has its function, we can not all be heads or eyes. Everybody has a purpose in life.
Some were able to secure admission at a very young age not that they r more sound academically, but because they r privileged to have rich or educated parents.
For the fact that some of us graduated at a younger age doesn't mean we should criticise those that didn't graduate @ a younger age.
As we all know that good education (theoritical + skill aquisition) is the bedrock of an economy. So why d discrimination on age? Once u're not educated people see u as a nobody (most especially in Nigeria).

NB: my opinion though...pls disregard all my questions...i jus read the concluding part of ur comment...thanks
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by jpphilips(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2013
yame014:

If you had read between lines, you would have noticed me referring to a 3rd person. why use d 2nd person pronoun in ur quote?
Btw, who told you d person in question lack basic computer skills?
what made u think he never acquired any form of skills? (just to sponsor himself through sch)
where did you get ur statistics that "60% of Nigerian graduates don't know how to use computer?" -geez did they use typewriter for their projects?
What are you trying to insinuate?-that those that went to sch lately are dullards or they shudn't have gone to sch at all?
FYI this is Nigeria, where people discrimate once u r not learned...

from what I gathered, most graduates pay buisness centers to type their projects, you need to meet with HROS to appreciate what im talking about
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by 1forall: 2:08am On Aug 11, 2013
jp philips:
I will share my opinion on the subject when there is a subject worth discussing.

Oh well since you don't consider this topic worth discussing what are you doing here? Or are you confused?

I suggest you get off this thread so as to satisfy your over-sized estimation of your self - it's not worth your effort anyway.

Thank you.
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by jpphilips(m): 2:52am On Aug 11, 2013
1forall:

Oh well since you don't consider this topic worth discussing what are you doing here? Or are you confused?

I suggest you get off this thread so as to satisfy your over-sized estimation of your self - it's not worth your effort anyway.

Thank you.

just to let you know, I share Tunde's sentiments as regards ur signature, keep it up!
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by ogaju007(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2013
I think we are missing the point here, "Discrimination" a fresh graduate could be 40 yr old. If applying for a fresher role, should he be discriminated against cause of his age?
Re: Age Requirement Is Unconstitutional by LondonCool(m): 10:37am On Aug 03, 2014
Bumped.

Say No to Age Discrimination in employment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job / The Biggest Mistakes 20-something Job Seekers Make - Forbes / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.