Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389244 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mftivi: What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must
you achieve to reach profitability?

how do you calculate this when you ain't selling a material product and what factors affects it. the capital you require to start, the salary you pay to your workers ?
what is the amount you will charge per customer and how many per day will be served-multiply the figures. Your figures are based on forecasts if it a new business.

You can't ask people to tell you how much capital you need. You should sort that on your own, list your equipments and total the figures to get fixed capital. Your daily, monthly, annual recurring expenditure make up working capital. Add the 2 to get needed capital.

The salary you pay your workers is at your discretion. You can add 5-6 months of salaries to your working capital, just make sure by the time you exhaust the grant money meant for salaries your business can sustain salary payment or that could be the end.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2013
Bigboyz32: I am experiencing a problem with the Youwin website. I find it difficult to login since it constantly tells me unauthorized user when I try logging in. If it eventually logs me in on multiple trials, if I click on "resume application", it logs me out again. Pls what could be the problem and solution? I am using glo modem to do it.
Thanks for your responses
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2013
I have an idea for an online retail store that will serve mostly people in the south and east. The store would be selling just cosmetics and beauty product. Please share your thoughts on this
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eluquenson(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=Bigboyz32][/quote]
I also had the same experience but later I was able to save the data, just keep trying it will go, I used airtel modem

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2013
9japipper: I have an idea for an online retail store that will serve mostly people in the south and east. The store would be selling just cosmetics and beauty product. Please share your thoughts on this

Oshare, this is a business competition and so if you are asking people for their thoughts on your business plan, 99% of them will give you a million and one reasons why it will not work and they will either mislead you or pull you down.

You better write your plan based on your own convictions. Do not let anyone do that for you. This is the best advice I can give you.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
ngezeck: pls help me with dis
what are your current and xpected sales within the next 12 month (units and income)? if there is any season pls explain.

what amount of sales in naira per month must you achieve to reach profitable

when do you expect to achive this(how many months after receiving your first grant pls contribute
what are your current and xpected sales within the next 12 month (units and income)? if there is any season pls explain.
You are going to base this on assumption but you need to be realistic. To really get it right, you need to look at existing companies and try and get some information on how much sales the make per month, you can ask suppliers or you just imagine if you have access to N5m and you start your business, how much sales can you make everyday and every month.

To also get this answer right, you need to do what I will call cash-flow and break-even analysis. Very important you do that because if you just enter value, youwin will know that you are clueless and that is very bad. In my YouWIN! 3 Success Guide, I have take time to explain this part and how you can answer it professionally You can get it here http://www.utibeetim.com/youwin. Infact there we are organizing a 2-day workshop on YouWIN business plan writing on 13-14 of Dec., 2013. You can come with your answers for professional review. To register for the workshop, visit http://www.utibeetim.com/youwin-business-plan-writing-workshop-2013/.

when do you expect to achive this(how many months after receiving your first grant pls contribute
Your break-even analysis will give you answer to this question.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Bigboyz32:
I just downloaded your YouWin3 sample business plan and I swear it is worth every dime. Armed with it, I am sure I am joining you in the millionaires club very soon.
Thanks again
Pat

Thanks so much for the feedback. It t hear that you find it worthy.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:30pm On Dec 11, 2013
blink182: I do not want to discourage you but you sound like you are not ready for this at all.

Let me tell you a little secret of mine, my first plan was an autocare shop. I've seen the market and know its huge. The shop will do wheel balancing, wheel alignment and others, these things I do not know how to do but I downloaded video manuals from youtube and if I describe to you how to do wheel balancing based on the videos, you will think I've been doing it practically for years.

If you love producing sausages and believe you can run the business then research your equipment, raw material, marketing channels and everything needed.

My current business plan doesn't exist in Nigeria yet despite how gravely Nigerians need it. I got friends in the USA to help me research the system over there and I refined it. If I describe the process for you, you will think I just copied an existing nigerian system.

Just believe in yourself and you will achieve much by the grace of God.

You are an entrepreneur and as an entrepreneur you don't have to have 10year experience to go into such business, what you need to do is to identify problem and find solution. You can always get the best hands to handle your idea.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ngezeck(m): 12:33pm On Dec 11, 2013
pls guys help me in this question...wat ar your current and expected sales within d nxt 12 month
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mftivi: What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must
you achieve to reach profitability?

how do you calculate this when you ain't selling a material product and what factors affects it. the capital you require to start, the salary you pay to your workers ?

You get this by adding all your total cost, determine your selling price, calculate your contribution, find your variable cost per unit and the calculate your break-even to get this answer.

Get my Youwin success guide. visit http://www.utibeetim.com/youwin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2013
9japipper: I have an idea for an online retail store that will serve mostly people in the south and east. The store would be selling just cosmetics and beauty product. Please share your thoughts on this

It is a nice idea. I am submitting idea on this but in a unique way. You need to be knowledgeable in this to convince them and I know those that have something to show for will make it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2013
utimatedes:

It is a nice idea. I am submitting idea on this but in a unique way. You need to be knowledgeable in this to convince them and I know those that have something to show for will make it.

I though you said you N5M won for the YouWin 1, why are you writing and submitting again. Why don't you allow people like us to win this year naw.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
favour ume:

I though you said you N5M won for the YouWin 1, why are you writing and submitting again. Why don't you allow people like us to win this year naw.

He must have been paid money to write for someone else. See?

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
ngezeck: pls guys help me in this question...wat ar your current and expected sales within d nxt 12 month
If you are already in business, you can sum up all your current sales, but if you are not, you do projected sales. You base this on assumptions but be realistic.
Just look at your capacity and see what you can sale every month if start production.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
favour ume:

Hahahahaa! As one of the pioneer awardees, I can't apply again because my biodata is with them, but that doesn't stop me from apply for my family and friends and those that need my services. Stagger is right.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
utimatedes:

Hahahahaa! As one of the pioneer awardees, I can't apply again because my biodata is with them, but that doesn't stop me from apply for my family and friends and those that need my services. Stagger is right.

What happens after one has submitted the online questions and when will the letter to the next stage be sent (is it when the first stage is closed, or can they send it even when the first stage is still on)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
favour ume:

What happens after one has submitted the online questions and when will the letter to the next stage be sent (is it when the first stage is closed, or can they send it even when the first stage is still on)

Marketing will start in January and quality assurance will be done by a foreign institution before the release of names. So fix your mind in February or March.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ngezeck(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2013
utimatedes:
If you are already in business, you can sum up all your current sales, but if you are not, you do projected sales. You base this on assumptions but be realistic.
Just look at your capacity and see what you can sale every month if start production.
do i write it in figures cos they wrote ( income and units)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Preciouskc: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2013
ngezeck: do i write it in figures cos they wrote ( income and units)
you write d unit of sales or service you render or sale in a day, then you write d amout. Eg you produce and sale 20 cartons of milk in a day @ #100 each. D unit is 20 and d income is #100 multiply by 20cartons = #2000.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 12, 2013
stagger:

Oshare, this is a business competition and so if you are asking people for their thoughts on your business plan, 99% of them will give you a million and one reasons why it will not work and they will either mislead you or pull you down.

You better write your plan based on your own convictions. Do not let anyone do that for you. This is the best advice I can give you.
Seriously, have you seen anyone here try intentionally to mislead another?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:31pm On Dec 12, 2013
blink182: Seriously, have you seen anyone here try intentionally to mislead another?

Mr man, face ya front!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 12, 2013
stagger:

Mr man, face ya front!
You behave like a kid excessively, can't you act right for once. I did not even say that with the wrong intentions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
blink182: You behave like a kid excessively, can't you act right for once. I did not even say that with the wrong intentions.

Your arrogance knows no bounds. Always taking panadol for another person's headache. Again, you were not the subject of my response but you had to stick your nose in my business. You should be praying for your proposal and not constituting a nuisance here.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
stagger:

Your arrogance knows no bounds. Always taking panadol for another person's headache. Again, you were not the subject of my response but you had to stick your nose in my business. You should be praying for your proposal and not constituting a nuisance here.

oga/madam stagger, lipsrsealed

I have noticed you alot in so many threads and you seems like someone with an aggresive behavoiur lipsrsealed. i beg you in Gods name no come spoil our YouWin mind for us.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2013
stagger:

You will be ignored, I'm tired of correcting a grown man.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
Hello Folks ...I have this little advice for us as we prepare and answer the Questions

Please and please - answer YouWin Questions with the mindset that you are borrowing the Funds and will pay back
It will help ur subconscious to guide your tots and answers

May God Help us all

4 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2013
stagger:

both of u should get a room....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Mftivi: 8:59pm On Dec 12, 2013
blink182: what is the amount you will charge per customer and how many per day will be served-multiply the figures. Your figures are based on forecasts if it a new business.

You can't ask people to tell you how much capital you need. You should sort that on your own, list your equipments and total the figures to get fixed capital. Your daily, monthly, annual recurring expenditure make up working capital. Add the 2 to get needed capital.

The salary you pay your workers is at your discretion. You can add 5-6 months of salaries to your working capital, just make sure by the time you exhaust the grant money meant for salaries your business can sustain salary payment or that could be the end.
THANK YOU
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ngezeck(m): 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2013
my own is 6.5m nd there ar question dat i dnt knw hw to answer
hw much hav u already spent on capital equipment
hw much moni do u require or xpected to need frm oda source(ie investor,bank,loan etc)
state d progress of any loan application
decribe any existing finance loan related to d business
how much moni will u nd ur family nd friend contribute to d business in d next 12 month
and mine is 6.5m hw do i answer dis question pls help me
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2013
ngezeck: my own is 6.5m nd there ar question dat i dnt knw hw to answer
hw much hav u already spent on capital equipment
hw much moni do u require or xpected to need frm oda source(ie investor,bank,loan etc)
state d progress of any loan application
decribe any existing finance loan related to d business
how much moni will u nd ur family nd friend contribute to d business in d next 12 month
and mine is 6.5m hw do i answer dis question pls help me
those questions are for existing businesses seeking to expand so most of your answers should be 0 and no loan application in progress.

Depends on what they are contributing if they really are else that should be 0 too.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 12:11am On Dec 13, 2013
favour ume:

oga/madam stagger, lipsrsealed

I have noticed you alot in so many threads and you seems like someone with an aggresive behavoiur lipsrsealed. i beg you in Gods name no come spoil our YouWin mind for us.

I have different personalities. I can be the nicest person, but I can be very aggressive and will not take nonsense from people like blink82 who make it a point of duty to keep sticking their nose where it does not belong. What can I say? If you are in the industry where I operate, aggression is what keeps you afloat or you will be sunk. That's just the way it is. I have my direct competitors sending spies to my premises all the time, and that is just a tip of the iceberg.

People like blink82 who cannot mind their business will simply end up putting their legs in a termite hill. He thinks he is smart, when in actual fact he is a knucklehead with nothing in his skull but arrogance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.