Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,237 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389265 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Agathabishen(f): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please house how will i answer this question? “how much sales do you need to make monthly before the business will reach profitability“. Thanks alot.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 8:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
mkmyers45: Describe the materials you will need to create your product or service. Are these materials readily available, at the right price and quantity, in your locality? If yes, please describe any relevant information

Explain?

Name the major things you need for the business like 5 of them(could be raw material, machines, office space, lands) and say how possible are they to be gotten from the country and if you know where you can get them
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by trillville(m): 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
My formula for calculating least cost per month was wrong. I just pray that no one has submitted using it. It seems like it is normal break-even point analysis. If I led you astray, I am deeply sorry. God will see all of us through.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
favour ume:

1. You were asked for AN equipment, which means one of the equipment needed, without which you cannot start your business. For example, if your business is about cutting of meat into cubes, one equipment that is needed is your meat shredder. So you will be explaining and giving the amount of the meat shredder

2. For money been given by your family, it states over a period of 12months. This money could be at the begining, middle or end of 12months, so if they are giving you land, then look for the monetary equivalent and add to wherever they would give you throughout one year.

Equipment is both singular and plural. So "equipment" means ALL the machinery needed, not one machine.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2013
stagger:

Equipment is both singular and plural. So "equipment" means ALL the machinery needed, not one machine.

Oga English language may not be my first, but the question is self explanatory and it says - "Describe this[i][/i] equipment" which means it is just ONE equipment you are require to describe.

Moreover, the question asked before this gives you an idea of what they want which is "What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand your business." meaning, just ONE equipment that means a lot to the commencement of your business.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 7:39am On Dec 17, 2013
favour ume:

Oga English language may not be my first, but the question is self explanatory and it says - "Describe this[i][/i] equipment" which means it is just ONE equipment you are require to describe.

Moreover, the question asked before this gives you an idea of what they want which is "What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand your business." meaning, just ONE equipment that means a lot to the commencement of your business.

Every answer I give here is stemmed from the proposal I wrote for my sister which won in YouWIN 2. I did not start speaking English until I was 4 yrs old from what my parents told me. So it is left for you to decide if the question is asking about ONE equipment, or SEVERAL equipment. There is no word in English like "equipments".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omode2(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2013
favour ume:

Madam take it cool av been followin this, guy is sayin d truth bt u r biased towards him. There no such word like equipments, i had to correct someone abt that. Just admit u were wrong nobody is perfect we learn everyday even d English man is still learnin d language.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 8:59am On Dec 17, 2013
stagger:

Every answer I give here is stemmed from the proposal I wrote for my sister which won in YouWIN 2. I did not start speaking English until I was 4 yrs old from what my parents told me. So it is left for you to decide if the question is asking about ONE equipment, or SEVERAL equipment. There is no word in English like "equipments".

They would have said These equipment. Even if you wrote for your sister, it does mean that what you wrote is right or wrong. My own is, if we wish to explain something to someone, let's be good enough to tell me the truth and make life easier for them.

"Equipment is what is called a mass noun, a collective noun, or a noncount noun. Collective nouns are nouns that refer to a group. Both a singular verb or a plural verb can be used after a mass noun. A singular verb is chosen if the writer thinks of the group as a single unit and a plural verb if the writer thinks of the group as a number of individuals."

Equipment isn't countable so there's no
plural. You can have 1 piece of equipment or you can have lots of equipment but you would never have equipments.

So, it is the words infront of the equipment that suggests if it is singluar or plural. And from here, they said 'this' equipment
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2013
favour ume:

They would have said These equipment. Even if you wrote for your sister, it does mean that what you wrote is right or wrong. My own is, if we wish to explain something to someone, let's be good enough to tell me the truth and make life easier for them.

"Equipment is what is called a mass noun, a collective noun, or a noncount noun. Collective nouns are nouns that refer to a group. Both a singular verb or a plural verb can be used after a mass noun. A singular verb is chosen if the writer thinks of the group as a single unit and a plural verb if the writer thinks of the group as a number of individuals."

Equipment isn't countable so there's no
plural. You can have 1 piece of equipment or you can have lots of equipment but you would never have equipments.

So, it is the words infront of the equipment that suggests if it is singluar or plural. And from here, they said 'this' equipment

I believe your judgement/explanation -
Another Example is STAFF ,there is nothing like staffs. , It can be used as singular and plural but what differentiates the meaning in a sentence is the word that comes before It

Example
I love THESE staff of yours ,they network very well

I love THIS staff of yours ,He is a team player

Please tell me about THESE staff
Please tell me about THIS Staff

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fflamingo(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Sorry for derailing
Please kinda advisse the moniker on the other thread on entrepreneurship.....

www.nairaland.com/1558621/such-dilemma-please-advice-observation

Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2013
omode2: Madam take it cool av been followin this, guy is sayin d truth bt u r biased towards him. There no such word like equipments, i had to correct someone abt that. Just admit u were wrong nobody is perfect we learn everyday even d English man is still learnin d language.

I think I now understand that people do need some specified glasses and thinking cap to be able to relate on soical media. I just wonder why I would be biased towards him. First na him they give me food to chop? Or they pay my bills?

I don't seee something that is blue and call is black because I want to please someone. I replied someone who asked a question and he was quoting me. You could as well say what you understand by the question. Moreover, did you read the question that is causing this controvesy which is 'Describe THIS equipment' they specified what they wanted a singular form of the equipment

Please I beg us all, tell people the truth, they trust us enough to depend on our answers and help. If you are born to win this Youwin, God will make it happen. I rest my case!!!!!!!!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 11:57am On Dec 17, 2013
fagin1982:

I believe your judgement/explanation -
Another Example is STAFF ,there is nothing like staffs. , It can be used as singular and plural but what differentiates the meaning in a sentence is the word that comes before It

Example
I love THESE staff of yours ,they network very well

I love THIS staff of yours ,He is a team player

Please tell me about THESE staff
Please tell me about THIS Staff

Thank you!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 12:03pm On Dec 17, 2013
Like I said, people should answer that particular question anyway they deem fit. I feel the mistake is from the YouWIN staff that structured the questions. Many of those questions are kind of vague and should have been structured better.

As for someone asking whether I dey give am food to chop, that is a sign of an inferiority complex and has completely nothing to do with the question being asked. With 10 days to go I would expect people to be more concerned with submissions now than engaging in a war of words here.

So final word: answer the question as the Spirit of God gives you understanding.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 12:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
stagger: Like I said, people should answer that particular question anyway they deem fit. I feel the mistake is from the YouWIN staff that structured the questions. Many of those questions are kind of vague and should have been structured better.

As for someone asking whether I dey give am food to chop, that is a sign of an inferiority complex and has completely nothing to do with the question being asked. With 10 days to go I would expect people to be more concerned with submissions now than engaging in a war of words here.

So final word: answer the question as the Spirit of God gives you understanding.

grin grin grin grin

You funny die, make you and your type no just they spoil Nairalanders happy mood. Abeg, i go throwaway salute now and come back when i don collect my money with presidential handshake to go with it cool cool

Merry Christmas and glorious new year ahead. grin 2014, Money Must Change Hands grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
favour ume:

grin grin grin grin

You funny die, make you and your type no just they spoil Nairalanders happy mood. Abeg, i go throwaway salute now and come back when i don collect my money with presidential handshake to go with it cool cool

Merry Christmas and glorious new year ahead. grin 2014, Money Must Change Hands grin

I hope say you go invite me to lunch at your business premises by June next year, courtesy of the proceeds of your YouWIN grant, and throw in a N3,000 recharge card to go with it. No dulling! cool cool cool
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fola89(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2013
WOW!!!!!Love the tread been following it since nov 25th learnt a lot dat will help me in the stage 2 of the program....even though I submited to early on thesame day sadWOW!!!!!Love the tread been following it since nov 25th learnt a lot dat will help me in the stage 2 of the program....even though I submited to early on thesame day.Didn't get the opportunity to make use of the vast knowledge put out in th thread.....but I know GoD's exceeding Grace is upon my application......u guys are the best
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by IfionuVal(m): 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please
I need assistance on this question 'WHAT AMOUNT OF SALES IN NAIRA PER
MONTH MUST YOU ACHIEVE TO REACH PROFITABILITY?' (Is break even analysis really needed here?) Please I'll appreciate
ur kind response ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Godspikin: 5:07am On Dec 18, 2013
Please house, i am having problems calculating the break even point for my business plan i am also having problems with the cash flow analysis, how do i go about this? Anyone who can help with relevant formulas and guideline? Got conflicting formulas for the break even point calculation.
Kindly help a brother out.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by nija50: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2013
frankphilips69@yahoo.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Duke007(m): 11:59am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=hipinnacle]To get tips, ideas and guide on answering the questions listed in the form; endeavor to checklist some answers to your own approach here; https://www.nairaland.com/1531444/do-it-yourself-youwin-3-business-proposal

it is a masterpiece and a guide. you can learn some business terms to use...Pls come and complete it.Your tips are time proven
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Godspikin: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2013
Godspikin: Please house, i am having problems calculating the break even point for my business plan i am also having problems with the cash flow analysis, how do i go about this? Anyone who can help with relevant formulas and guideline? Got conflicting formulas for the break even point calculation.
Kindly help a brother out.

Still awaiting ur responses and assistance...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by VICTOFX(m): 9:30am On Dec 19, 2013
please i am done feeling my form, and i think i am good to go with the submission, but please i need the experienced to help me with specific places i need to pay attentions to if there be any? urgent reply is needed please
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ndata(m): 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Folks i just submitted my application to YOUWIN but the application form is reading that the University i attended was Abubakar Tafawa Belewa University.But i never wrote that School as the University i attended.Please what do i do now.The website says it cannot be changed as i have submitted for the first stage.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
newacca: What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?

Does it mean break-even point per month?

My good friends ...I just discovered this this morning after long tots of trying to find the logic behind most of YouWin Questions under Profitability

Its unfortunate this particular Question might disqualify a lot of people ..

What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve Profitabilty -

It simply means what is your break-even Monthly

There's a Formula under accounting on How to Calculate this

Most People just subtracted Production cost from Sales revenue and got there answer
This is very wrong and will likely disqualify a lot of people
This YouWin Business Format is very tricky

Please If you are yet to submit - try to learn about Gross Profit Margin and How Break-even point is derived

There's an already made Formula for calculating Amount of Sales to Achieve profitability Monthly

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2013
newacca: What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?

Does it mean break-even point per month?

My good Friends I want to bring to your notice - A very tricky Question that might disqualify a lot of people from going into the 2nd Round - If you are yet to submit please take this serious

Under Financials and Profitabilty. - YouWin will throw away a lot of viable business just because of this little mistake - they will just take it u don't know what you are doing - This is a competition you know

The Question are What are your. Expected sales Yearly - Give ur ansas in Units and income

2nd - What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability? This is the killer Question

This Question simply means Break-even point and there's an already derived Formula for Calculating it

Most people just subtracted production expense from Sales revenue and got there answers

THIS WRONG

Please if you re yet to submit ,kindly lookup what Gross Profit Margin % is all about - It will give you a better understanding on how to go about answering the Question

YouWIn is only Interested in ur Financials and Profitabilty - These proves how viable ur biz is

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by afroxyz: 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
[/b]Is there an existing or expected lead time for manufacture, set-up, harvest or breeding? If yes, give estimated lead times for each product?

If you have an existing biz, how do you answer this?[b]
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by brighter: 10:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability?

Since the business will take about 3 months to be set up, register & employ, sales is expected to resume in d 4th month while some will resume in the 9th month owing to months of production. How do I answer this question, should I split d overall sales over a period of 12months or restrict it to 9months. Pls help is needed
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by brighter: 6:52am On Dec 20, 2013
fagin1982 pls what is the best method way to present the answer to this question because it is a partocular question delaying my submission which I must do today to avoid last-minute-rush. I seriously need help
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 8:56am On Dec 20, 2013
brighter: fagin1982 pls what is the best method way to present the answer to this question because it is a partocular question delaying my submission which I must do today to avoid last-minute-rush. I seriously need help

The Question says -What amount of sales, in Naira per month, must you achieve to reach profitability
And the second Question says In which month do you would you achieve this

First things first - U must have given them a figure for ur Yealy sales revenue
Showing you know how much products u ll sell in a 12 calender and the unit sales

From those same units generate a Gross Profit Margin % ..after then you can now be able forecast and say in the first , 2nd or 3rd month I ll break even which is the point of profitability

Profit Margin % is a factor that determines it u are loosing or making it
Moreover bear in mind you don't tell them Longer months whrby the business doesn't generate money to service both varibale and fixed expenses- this will mean biz is not viable.

I know there are bizness that takes upto 9months to before yielding like Farming -I guess the will consider theirs differently but in Manufacturing , Sales , services - they expect the business to alyst service its variable and fixed expenses until they breakeven ....

Just Google Profit Margin % and try to relate it this Question - I blv u ll understand better

Your profit can come in the 4month but be sure ur capital won't be affected

Pls don't mind my typing - am using a fone to type

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jtenna: 10:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Abeg which one be lead time? Q. Is there an existing or expected lead time for manufacture, setup... Smone pls helep me 2 answer this oh
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Lovechild: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2013
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.

pls send to gfpekakonsult@yahoo.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bman2003: 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2013
hello guys...pls i need an advice; in d Product question, d question: Name your 3 largest existing/expected competitors. Which if any, hv a localized presence or distributor netwrk. Dnt hv an idea on wat dey r asking.....I'm going into farming....i need answers, pls. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.