Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389270 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 8:00am On Dec 13, 2013
stagger:

I have different personalities. I can be the nicest person, but I can be very aggressive and will not take nonsense from people like blink82 who make it a point of duty to keep sticking their nose where it does not belong. What can I say? If you are in the industry where I operate, aggression is what keeps you afloat or you will be sunk. That's just the way it is. I have my direct competitors sending spies to my premises all the time, and that is just a tip of the iceberg.

People like blink82 who cannot mind their business will simply end up putting their legs in a termite hill. He thinks he is smart, when in actual fact he is a knucklehead with nothing in his skull but arrogance!
Sharaaaaaap man!
You are beginning to irritate me more with these your silly rants.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by VICTOFX(m): 10:06am On Dec 13, 2013
please are we expected to spill out the entire business plan while filling the form,
i mean like giving the name of what we want to do?
how we want to go about it and even the profit level?
and if yes what is the insurance covering our biz blans that it wont be stolen?
urgent responce needed please
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2013
VICTOFX: please are we expected to spill out the entire business plan while filling the form,
you are to tell them everything and there's no insurance against them stealing your plan.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2013
OCTAVO:
Sharaaaaaap man!
You are beginning to irritate me more with these your silly rants.

Go sit on your middle finger. Nonsense.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
stagger:

Go sit on your middle finger. Nonsense.
blink and stagger.....how old are u guys? Stagger I'm sorry to say this; your childishness takes the cake I swear. I mean, do you guys know each other outside nairaland? I will suggest one of u challenge the other to a gun duel. And finish each other instead of messing up a beautiful thread.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
Tayeni: blink and stagger.....how old are u guys? Stagger I'm sorry to say this; your childishness takes the cake I swear. I mean, do you guys know each other outside nairaland? I will suggest one of u challenge the other to a gun duel. And finish each other instead of messing up a beautiful thread.

The thread is on point. Take the fruits and leave the chaff. Simple.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mkmyers45(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
Anyway know whats going on with the youwin site....multiple errors since yesterday
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 6:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
stagger:

I have different personalities. I can be the nicest person, but I can be very aggressive and will not take nonsense from people like blink82 who make it a point of duty to keep sticking their nose where it does not belong. What can I say? If you are in the industry where I operate, aggression is what keeps you afloat or you will be sunk. That's just the way it is. I have my direct competitors sending spies to my premises all the time, and that is just a tip of the iceberg.

People like blink82 who cannot mind their business will simply end up putting their legs in a termite hill. He thinks he is smart, when in actual fact he is a knucklehead with nothing in his skull but arrogance!

Abeg which industry is dat?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 6:32pm On Dec 13, 2013
blink182: you are to tell them everything and there's no insurance against them stealing your plan.

Well if what they said in the YouWin website is true, they have signed an agreement not to expose any business idea.

Moreover, 50 words is too small for you to spill out all your business idea. Thats why they need you to say enough to convince them that you know what you are doing. It is at the second stage you will be asked to send in all your idea.

Hope i am right grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 6:34pm On Dec 13, 2013
VICTOFX: please are we expected to spill out the entire business plan while filling the form,

Well if what they said in the YouWin website is true, they have signed an agreement not to expose any business idea.

Moreover, 50 words is too small for you to spill out all your business idea. Thats why they need you to say enough to convince them that you know what you are doing. It is at the second stage you will be asked to send in all your idea.

Hope i am right grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 9:19pm On Dec 13, 2013
favour ume:

Hope i am right grin

You are not right - If. I were you I ll quit looking for which is truth ,right and wrong and get busy by filling your forms online

Abeg Which kain wonderful proposal u get under 10m way FG wan thief ....

People sef ...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 13, 2013
favour ume:

Abeg which industry is dat?
you should know that's a lie or maybe he's with NURTW at ojota.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2013
favour ume:

Hope i am right grin
babes I don't know, I'm a first timer but I guess that's what it should be.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
fagin1982:

You are not right - If. I were you I ll quit looking for which is truth ,right and wrong and get busy by filling your forms online

People sef ...
Lol, you are mean. The funny thing about people always wanting to hide idea is most times the idea turns out not to be so spectacular.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 10:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
fagin1982:

People sef ...
lol....don't say that. The lady has the right to be scared of idea thieves. The smallest element in ur proposal maybe the main thing. Remember, entries will be graded by humans and humans talk. If lecturers, government officials could dabble into businesses such as pure water biz...then I hv every reason to be careful how I share. Innovation is rare. That's why copy cats abound.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 10:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
@Tayeni. Bros for this Jungle way we dey , Poor man no get choice ...Life is full or risk....Gamblers ll tell u better...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 12:32am On Dec 14, 2013
Tayeni: lol....don't say that. The lady has the right to be scared of idea thieves. The smallest element in ur proposal maybe the main thing. Remember, entries will be graded by humans and humans talk. If lecturers, government officials could dabble into businesses such as pure water biz...then I hv every reason to be careful how I share. Innovation is rare. That's why copy cats abound.

The business plans are marked by a foreign consultancy firm and so are not under the control of any potential idea thieves as we see in the ministries and government parastatals. I think people should quit worrying about who will steal your idea. Pat Utomi said it is better to have 10% of something than to have 100% of nothing. YouWIN is an opportunity to own 100% of everything.

If you can't trust the process, is it Nigerian banks you will trust? Someone was here three or four years ago talking about a Nigerian bank that stole his idea after submitting proposal for counterpart financing (was it GTB? Can't recollect again..). So just do your proposal and submit. Besides there is hardly any idea out there that is new.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 3:00am On Dec 14, 2013
fagin1982:

People sef ...

Bros, na person I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ help explain something give. If Nigeria is frustrating you don't lay the frustration on me.

Do you just jump into every thing without first reading through it? For your information, I have submitted and when I have won, I will make such I come back to tell you.

Thanks to all who keep explaining and making others understand what they are doing. Kudos to u all
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 3:03am On Dec 14, 2013
blink182: you should know that's a lie or maybe he's with NURTW at ojota.

grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 7:29am On Dec 14, 2013
favour ume:

Bros, na person I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ help explain something give. If Nigeria is frustrating you don't lay the frustration on me.

Do you just jump into every thing without first reading through it? For your information, I have submitted and when I have won, I will make such I come back to tell you.

Thanks to all who keep explaining and making others understand what they are doing. Kudos to u all

@Favor Ume Hahahahaahaa - I ve no biz with frustration - I have conquered long ago ..Just that I hate cynics....If you don't trust FG or Prog ,gladly let us follow them foolishly

Incase you win - Congrats
That has always bin my prayer for everyone of us

All the best
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 14, 2013
One love I beg. I'll unfollow this thread for now and return when I receive a mail from youwin.

See you in the future and all the best.

God be with us all.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and youwin grant winning new year grin

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 14, 2013
fagin1982:

@Favor Ume Hahahahaahaa - I ve no biz with frustration - I have conquered long ago ..Just that I hate cynics....If you don't trust FG or Prog ,gladly let us follow them foolishly

Incase you win - Congrats
That has always bin my prayer for everyone of us

All the best
please read who favour quoted, she has no problem with idea theft and she's not a cynic.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 11:59am On Dec 14, 2013
blink182: please read who favour quoted, she has no problem with idea theft and she's not a cynic.

Thank u Õoooº°˚ ˚°º . I think say some people need specified glasses to be able to seee beyond Nairaland. As for me, this 2014, Money Must Change Hand grin grin grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ngezeck(m): 1:13pm On Dec 14, 2013
pls help me with dis last question.
describe any existing finance loan related to d business
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
ngezeck: pls help me with dis last question.

Simply put: do you have any unpaid loan you took for the business? Did you borrow money for the business which you are yet to pay back? You have to be very honest with this because when you are awarded the grant, your accounting and bookkeeping will be thoroughly examined by the YouWIN inspectors and the inspectors from SMEDAN. If it is discovered that there is money unaccounted for which you probably used to pay off an unpaid loan and in your initial application you failed to report this, you could be disqualified and asked to refund any grant money given to you. I am aware that this is being enforced strictly in YouWIN 2.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2013
ngezeck: pls help me with dis last question.

Is your business a new one? If yes then you may have not borrow any money from the Bank, or any finance house.

Money borrowed from family members may not be classified as Loan because it didn't go through the process of approval or proper documentations.

In other words, do you have any money borrowed from a bank, financial institutions that have proper documentations?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fola89(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2013
favour ume:

Is your business a new one? If yes then you may have not borrow any money from the Bank, or any finance house.

Money borrowed from family members may not be classified as Loan because it didn't go through the process of approval or proper documentations.

In other words, do you have any money borrowed from a bank, financial institutions that have proper documentations?
Well explained
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mkmyers45(m): 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2013
Describe the materials you will need to create your product or service. Are these materials readily available, at the right price and quantity, in your locality? If yes, please describe any relevant information

Explain?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by brighter: 4:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
Break this figure down into relevant categories. Note: a maximum 40% of the total award is usually alloted to capital equipment..........etc

operating expenses (e.g Wages, raw materials, stock). Please should I enter operating expenses for 12 months which will likely be above 10m or just maybe for the first few months e.g 3 months since planned money realised from sales will be ploughed back for bussiness continuation?

Secondly, is it capital expenses & other (pre-start, set-up, accreditation) expenses should be 40% or just capital since they stated d 'remaining 60% must be sufficient to fund operational expenses'?

Please I need direction on this & will appreciate any useful info
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by brighter: 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2013
What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand business?--Should this be only the capital equipment or is raw materials included since I am going into manufacturing?

Describe this equipments?-- should I allocate prices to the equpments? 30 words is too small for me to describe the uses of each eqipment

How do I explain that the money to be contributed by my family is just a land. I just added the monetary equivalent so it doesn't look as if my family is giving me any cash

PLEASE HELP
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 7:39pm On Dec 16, 2013
brighter: What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand business?--Should this be only the capital equipment or is raw materials included since I am going into manufacturing?

Describe this equipments?-- should I allocate prices to the equpments? 30 words is too small for me to describe the uses of each eqipment

How do I explain that the money to be contributed by my family is just a land. I just added the monetary equivalent so it doesn't look as if my family is giving me any cash

PLEASE HELP

1. You were asked for AN equipment, which means one of the equipment needed, without which you cannot start your business. For example, if your business is about cutting of meat into cubes, one equipment that is needed is your meat shredder. So you will be explaining and giving the amount of the meat shredder

2. For money been given by your family, it states over a period of 12months. This money could be at the begining, middle or end of 12months, so if they are giving you land, then look for the monetary equivalent and add to whatever they would give you throughout one year.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favourume(f): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2013
brighter: Break this figure down into relevant categories. Note: a maximum 40% of the total award is usually alloted to capital equipment..........etc

operating expenses (e.g Wages, raw materials, stock). Please should I enter operating expenses for 12 months which will likely be above 10m or just maybe for the first few months e.g 3 months since planned money realised from sales will be ploughed back for bussiness continuation?

Secondly, is it capital expenses & other (pre-start, set-up, accreditation) expenses should be 40% or just capital since they stated d 'remaining 60% must be sufficient to fund operational expenses'?

Please I need direction on this & will appreciate any useful info

I guess you have done your analysis on what the company will need. So I would advice that you add your operating expenses not for 12months but for the months when the business cannot support itself. Once the business breaks even, it means the business can support its self.

Only the capital expenses is 40% which I think was explained as Building, equipment etc. So the remaining goes for the other and operational expenses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.