Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389424 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2013
Bossforeva: if building a house will hinder U 4rm getting the loan, then tell them u'll rent a house and modify for nw.
I'm really not bothered about the house because it is a simple structure that will take a month to build or less. I'm good with even 100k for my first tranche by my second tranche, my business will be fully operational. The implementation schedule is clearly stated in my plan.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omode2(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2013
blink182: I'm really not bothered about the house because it is a simple structure that will take a month to build or less. I'm good with even 100k for my first tranche by my second tranche, my business will be fully operational. The implementation schedule is clearly stated in my plan.
have u started ds biz or u want to start?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2013
blink182: one stop auto care shop not a mechanic workshop. No major repairs just daily activities that ensure your car is safe to drive and appealing to the eyes.

Wheel balancing and alignment

Automated car wash

Engine steam wash

Gearbox and engine oil change

Tyre care and some others I can't remember now but basically as I said earlier, its a one stop car care shop.

Automated car wash costs way over 10million, unless urs is different.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2013
omode2: have u started ds biz or u want to start?
It is a new business but I have interacted with each business involved a lot. I can even perform all the task aside alignment, that is the one I really haven't learnt.

Promhize:

Automated car wash costs way over 10million, unless urs is different.
Mine is different, space saving, economical electricity consumption but it washes, waxes and dries the car.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 13, 2013
blink182: It is a new business but I have interacted with each business involved a lot. I can even perform all the task aside alignment, that is the one I really haven't learnt.

Mine is different, space saving, economical electricity consumption but it washes, waxes and dries the car.

Then you'd have to specify the method in ur plan, cos if they do a research on the internet themselves, the price they would see, they might not even look at the plan again.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 13, 2013
Promhize:

Then you'd have to specify the method in ur plan, cos if they do a research on the internet themselves, the price they would see, they might not even look at the plan again.
all that has been taken care of.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
blink182: I'm really not bothered about the house because it is a simple structure that will take a month to build or less. I'm good with even 100k for my first tranche by my second tranche, my business will be fully operational. The implementation schedule is clearly stated in my plan.
what do you mean by tranches, are they gonna pay the money in tranches or Sth?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
Bossforeva: what do you mean by tranches, are they gonna pay the money in tranches or Sth?
yes, 3 tranches.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
When do one need the National ID card, Drivers license exactly, isn't it after you've won?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by octofest: 4:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
Please does anyone in the house know if the same questions were used in d first phase and second phase
Of the competition.?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
octofest: Please does anyone in the house know if the same questions were used in d first phase and second phase
Of the competition.?

No. Stage one questions "na" play compared to stage two questions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
mneksummi:

No. Stage one questions "na" play compared to stage two questions.

Boss, when do one need the ID card
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omoola007(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
YOUWIN QUESTIONS

1. Describe your business

2. What benefits of the product or service enables your business to stand out from your competitors?

3. Does this meet a particular need or demand (your competitive advantages, if any)?

4. Name five of your existing or expected top customers.

5. How will you attract these customers to your point of sale?

6. How many new, full-time (or equivalent) staff will be employed in the business 12 months from receiving the first stage award?

7. Describe the benefit you and your proposed staff will bring to the business, including: expertise, track record in the industry and management experience.

8. Name your three largest existing/expected competitors.

9. Describe the materials you will need to create your product or service.

10. Are these materials readily available, at the right price and quantity, in your locality? If yes, please describe any relevant information.

11. Is there an existing or expected lead time for manufacture, set-up, harvest or breeding? If yes, give estimated lead times for each product.

12. What risks or challenges might affect the success of your business, including: licences and accreditation (what can stop you from making this business a success)?

13. How will you reduce or mitigate these risks?

14. What are your current and expected sales within the next 12 months (units and income)? If there is any seasonality, please explain. [maximum of 50 words is expected]
-

15. What amount of sales, in Naira, must you achieve to reach profitability? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

16. When do you expect to achieve this (how many months after receiving your first grant award)?

17. How much money (Naira) do you want from YouWIN? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

18. What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand your business?

19. Describe this equipment. [Maximum of 30 words].

20. How much money have you already spent on capital equipments? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]

21. How much money do you require or expect to need from other sources (i.e: investors, bank loans, etc)? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

22. State the progress of any loan application. [Maximum of 20 words] -

23. Describe any existing finance loans related to the business. [Maximum of 20 words]

24. How much money will you or your family and friends contribute to the business in the next 12 months? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
 -

25. How much money do you plan to take out of the business personally (average amount per month? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
omoola007: YOUWIN QUESTIONS

1. Describe your business

2. What benefits of the product or service enables your business to stand out from your competitors?

3. Does this meet a particular need or demand (your competitive advantages, if any)?

4. Name five of your existing or expected top customers.

5. How will you attract these customers to your point of sale?

6. How many new, full-time (or equivalent) staff will be employed in the business 12 months from receiving the first stage award?

7. Describe the benefit you and your proposed staff will bring to the business, including: expertise, track record in the industry and management experience.

8. Name your three largest existing/expected competitors.

9. Describe the materials you will need to create your product or service.

10. Are these materials readily available, at the right price and quantity, in your locality? If yes, please describe any relevant information.

11. Is there an existing or expected lead time for manufacture, set-up, harvest or breeding? If yes, give estimated lead times for each product.

12. What risks or challenges might affect the success of your business, including: licences and accreditation (what can stop you from making this business a success)?

13. How will you reduce or mitigate these risks?

14. What are your current and expected sales within the next 12 months (units and income)? If there is any seasonality, please explain. [maximum of 50 words is expected]
-

15. What amount of sales, in Naira, must you achieve to reach profitability? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

16. When do you expect to achieve this (how many months after receiving your first grant award)?

17. How much money (Naira) do you want from YouWIN? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

18. What is the minimum equipment cost that is necessary to commence trading or expand your business?

19. Describe this equipment. [Maximum of 30 words].

20. How much money have you already spent on capital equipments? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]

21. How much money do you require or expect to need from other sources (i.e: investors, bank loans, etc)? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
-

22. State the progress of any loan application. [Maximum of 20 words] -

23. Describe any existing finance loans related to the business. [Maximum of 20 words]

24. How much money will you or your family and friends contribute to the business in the next 12 months? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]
 -

25. How much money do you plan to take out of the business personally (average amount per month? [Amount in Naira. Enter numbers only: If none, enter 0]

By first grant award, are they referring to the first tranche payment?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
blink182: yes, 3 tranches.
plz bro, xplain hw the tranch payment is gonna look like, like how much per tranch or sth. Hw will it go?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
Bossforeva: plz bro, xplain hw the tranch payment is gonna look like, like how much per tranch or sth. Hw will it go?
first tranche is 10%, that's the much I know. I think you are busying with the wrong thing. Be a winner first before these other issues.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
utimatedes:

You are not going to be given everything at once. You would get 10% first. You are not expected to even open office with your first tranche, maybe you can use it to get license, fee and other expenses until when your 2nd tranche comes. You you are the one that would chose the interval or how the money should be disbursed, you can decide to ask for 7m in the 2nd tranche.

Don't give false info. It is the YouWIN committee that determines what percentage you are given as first tranche and what percentage is given in other tranches. The candidate does not determine this.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
stagger:

Don't give false info. It is the YouWIN committee that determines what percentage you are given as first tranche and what percentage is given in other tranches. The candidate does not determine this.

That guy knows what he's talking about, this I can assure you of.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 10:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
stagger:

Are you one of the awardees or have you written 2nd round plan in the last edition. In the cashflow template youwin said categorically that the first tranche is just 10% and is fix, and you should enter the 2nd and 3rd tranches in the month you want to receive. Therefore, you are the one that would tell youwin how much should be paid in 2nd and in 3rd and the month you want to be paid.

Your cashflow determines how much you would win. If you can't justify what you requested, you can't never get up to that amount. Therefore, it is very important you get your cashflow right. If you asked for 10m and in your cashflow it is obvious you need 5m can the marker knows that is what is obtainable in the sector, you will be given 5m. They can help you upgrade if you worth more.

I wrote many plans that won last year and I know what I am talking about. Is obvious you never involved in d 2nd edition or you have forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 15, 2013
utimatedes:

Are you one of the awardees or have you written 2nd round plan in the last edition. In the cashflow template youwin said categorically that the first tranche is just 10% and is fix, and you should enter the 2nd and 3rd tranches in the month you want to receive. Therefore, you are the one that would tell youwin how much should be paid in 2nd and in 3rd and the month you want to be paid.

Your cashflow determines how much you would win. If you can't justify what you requested, you can't never get up to that amount. Therefore, it is very important you get your cashflow right. If you asked for 10m and in your cashflow it is obvious you need 5m can the marker knows that is what is obtainable in the sector, you will be given 5m. They can help you upgrade if you worth more.

I wrote many plans that won last year and I know what I am talking about. Is obvious you never involved in d 2nd edition or you have forgotten.
stagger has always been ignorant in his comments. If you knew him from business section, you won't even bother to reply him.

That aside, I got uneasy with my plan and decided to dump it. Would have been requesting for 9.8 million that would have been barely enough to execute my plan. Also, my materials are not readily available as I have to import tons of equipment from china and other parts of the world. Recruiting experienced auto mechanics was another issue that always bothered me. Too many obstacles in the plan but that is not to say it is useless. Now I'm with a plan requesting for 2.8 million, an amazing turn over and I can even start my business with the first tranche payment.

Just finished writing and solving all the bep and pr maths, looks really good on paper. I leave the rest for God.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sholatech(m): 8:09am On Nov 15, 2013
While tranche disbursement is a function of your cash flow, successful youwin awardees DO NOT determine how much will be given as tranches. Also anticipate changes..in the first edition, our money was paid in 4 tranches with huge turnover targets determining payments of tranche 3 and tranche 4. However, in the 2nd edition for women, money is to be paid in 3 tranches and very low turnover Target before they can get the 3rd Tranche

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
blink182: stagger has always been ignorant in his comments. If you knew him from business section, you won't even bother to reply him.

That aside, I got uneasy with my plan and decided to dump it. Would have been requesting for 9.8 million that would have been barely enough to execute my plan. Also, my materials are not readily available as I have to import tons of equipment from china and other parts of the world. Recruiting experienced auto mechanics was another issue that always bothered me. Too many obstacles in the plan but that is not to say it is useless. Now I'm with a plan requesting for 2.8 million, an amazing turn over and I can even start my business with the first tranche payment.

Just finished writing and solving all the bep and pr maths, looks really good on paper. I leave the rest for God.

If you think I just come here to make noise, you are an idiot! My sister won more than N9m and two of my relations were awardees as well. You think I just do empty talk? I have no time for animals like you.

Awardees DO NOT determine how much they are given in tranches, and the first trench my sister got was 20%. I know because she showed me the contract, complete with the financial and employment milestones she needs to complete.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
stagger:

If you think I just come here to make noise, you are an idiot! My sister won more than N9m and two of my relations were awardees as well. You think I just do empty talk? I have no time for animals like you.

Awardees DO NOT determine how much they are given in tranches, and the first trench my sister got was 20%. I know because she showed me the contract, complete with the financial and employment milestones she needs to complete.
shut it and move on. A good plan is a good plan, it doesn't matter if the writer is looking for 1m or 10m.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
blink182: shut it and move on. A good plan is a good plan, it doesn't matter if the writer is looking for 1m or 10m.

Next time you be careful how you address people. I was merely correcting a wrong impression and you jumped in with a reckless statement when you were not the subject of the correction.

Drinking panadol on another person's headache.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2013
Promhize:

Boss, when do one need the ID card

Get your ID card ready before you're shortlisted for the second round. You'll need it to attend the training YouWIN! is going to give successful participants.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 16, 2013
stagger:

Next time you be careful how you address people. I was merely correcting a wrong impression and you jumped in with a reckless statement when you were not the subject of the correction.

Drinking panadol on another person's headache.
oya order your boys to shoot me general stagger because that's what you are good at.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fflamingo(m): 9:54am On Nov 17, 2013
mneksummi:

Get your ID card ready before you're shortlisted for the second round. You'll need it to attend the training YouWIN! is going to give successful participants.

Good day house,
Please which ID card does a 19 year old need
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2013
fflamingo:

Good day house,
Please which ID card does a 19 year old need
Please all, forget this id card issue for now. We should concentrate on winning first, if eventually you win and are invited for training, sourcing 20k to get your international passport shouldn't be a problem.

3 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 11:36am On Nov 17, 2013
blink182: Please all, forget this id card issue for now. We should concentrate on winning first, if eventually you win and are invited for training, sourcing 20k to get your international passport shouldn't be a problem.
First thing first na cheesy Let's work on winning first. You be Nigerian and getting means of identification won't be a problem jooor.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Sunglow: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2013
utimatedes:

Good morning pls I would need your help to help me review by Biz plan.Please!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2013
blink182: oya order your boys to shoot me general stagger because that's what you are good at.

Answering you is a waste of my time. I rest my case and you can have the last word if you like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.