Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,465 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

I Love My Nigerian Men! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Nigerian Men! (15070 Views)

I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Suntemi(m): 7:46pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

For richer for what?
If he's not rich, abeg, be ready to file my divorce grin grin

Where's my hubby sef?

ole, Another jamb question.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 31, 2008
sun_temi:

ole, Another jamb question.
sorry, am dealing with handsome men now, I'd like you to step aside smiley thanx
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by eldee(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2008
[size=14pt]HALT!!![/size]

Priest: for berra for worse,richer for poorer,in good times and bad times,sickness and in health,till death do u part
My very own Toyin won't agree to that

It has to be
For better for best
For richer for Bill Gates
In health, in Eldee-esque sexiness
Till divorce parts you guys

Deal or no deal?
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 31, 2008
eldee:

In health, in Eldee-esque sexiness
see how you dey bang your head on your keyboards again. . . tongue

[s]But I agree with everything else. . .you know me berra jare[/s]
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Suntemi(m): 7:54pm On May 31, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

Ole she too like money, no wonder she go dey look my profile.

.::suntemi::. fine guy + money no come jumb on me because no vacancy for now.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 31, 2008
warreva cool
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by eldee(m): 7:55pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

see how dem dey bang your head on your keyboards again. . . tongue

But I agree with everything . . .you know me berra jare
No mind dem jare
They want you to start using home-made manicure
Abeg. . .watch out for the pre-nups oh
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 31, 2008
Prenups no dey for my dictionary o cool grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by dutty(m): 8:12pm On May 31, 2008
wonderful thread! it spead like wide fire, but e don dey die tanx to the e-wedding, na so una poor reach no reception sef. tufiakwa!
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by NegroNtns(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2008
HRH,

You said a lot in your opening to the topic. I can see your frustration with the position and I thank you for letting out honestly on the way you believe things are. Not many people have the courage to bring such an issue to a public forum like this for discussion and I will tell you right now I am in that many number. The points you hit on are critical and I know without doubt that you are not the only here that is going through challenging relationship. Some of us have been there in the past and leanrt lessons from it, some of us are going through it now and some others, of us, are yet to encounter it.  In any case, life is about lessons and growth.  You can only grow when you apply the lessons learnt from a trouble to maneuver and manipulate your way toward future episodes.  There is nothing I can share with you in human interaction that you already have not tasted. Well, hold on, there is but huh let me skip forward for now :-)

There are pointers in a bad relationship that flash RED and give us warning to move the phuck on, but often enough we give in to sentiments. Gradually the problems add up and become so monumental that it can no longer hide behind sentiments. This is when we start to doubt and question the sustainability. For some it is not late and they can successfully break free, for others, so much has been invested in it that breaking away becomes intolerable for them so they dismiss their unhappiness to fate and just hang on for hope to rescue them.  

HRH, you had pointers and I wish you would have acted on them. You should never have had to ask your boyfriend to come and visit you. Intuitively, he should have acted on your feedback when you started saying that your time is highly demanding. If you had to ask him to come and spend time with you then it is likely that you will continue to propmt his senses in other areas of needs as well. A relationship is not a duty. It is a value. It is highly enriched when two people value each other equitably. Another thing, he complained that the distance was not convenient for him, that should let you know that he wasn't feeling you.  He likes you but he doesn't like you to the point he would sacrifice that much for you.  Now, to his defense, you also said that your time was so much occupied that there was no time left for you to spare for him. Lie! If that was someone you have a strong feeling for I bet you will find the time to make that trip.

To summarize, there is adequate signs, in RED, denoting that your interaction was more of a formality, there was no depth of feeling and definitely not enough strong spiritualy to move each of you into a devotion of generosity for each other.  

I agree with a previous respondent that said upbringing and exposure is a big factor in how a man interact with you and how he treats you in a relationship.  I must also comment on the difference between the British Nigerian and the local Nigerian. Even among the white race British men are considered snubs who go around with their nose in the air. We were colonized by them and our society is saturated from top to bottom with the legacies of their culture. When a Nigerian man go live in their midst, work with them, eat with them and speak like them, that air of aristocracy (arrogance) is reinforced.  Some of us leave home and when we touch down on the whiteman soil we shed all the humbleness and nobility of our own culture and custom and replace it with the shallow and brutal culture and custom of the whiteman just so we can exploit our brothers and sisters dismissively as low class and unworthy of our bearings. What a shame! I give credit and respect to those Nigerian men who in spite of living in Europe still humble their pride and conserve their sense of discipline and uphold the supplement of the values in which their upbringing was rooted. My hat off to you Brothers!

HRH, keep your faith and stay strong, the right Brother will be there for you when its time.  Take this episode as a lesson and grow with it, :-)

Negro.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by dutty(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2008
@negro
na u wan end this thread o, which kain narrative essay be this now? u wan outdo the owner of the thread?abeg o. not less than 1000words grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 31, 2008
just what I was thinking shocked
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Suntemi(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2008
Negro ur own sef too much. haba! na who demand for Story now?
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by eldee(m): 8:31pm On May 31, 2008
dutty:

@negro
na u wan end this thread o, which kain narrative essay be this now? u wan outdo the owner of the thread?abeg o. not less than 1000words grin
No be smal thing ooh. . .
This one pass essay, this one na research
Haba, I tot they finished WAEC since last week? cheesy
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 31, 2008
una too get bad mouth for dis nairaland sef angry angry grin grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by eldee(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

una too get bad mouth for this nairaland sef angry angry grin grin
Lol. . .don't mind them jare grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Suntemi(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2008
Eldee like say u no dey among abi?

@ 4 her

Asshole! see u later I wan go sleep.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 31, 2008
@ 4 her

y d insult naaa?wat is it for?all dis guys dat like calling women names sef.abeg cool down
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 8:55pm On May 31, 2008
Where is my wife sef angry Mo fe do bo grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by RThESlyR: 8:57pm On May 31, 2008
Uche2nna:

Where is my wife sef angry Mo fe do bo grin
Ma se e lese . . . angry
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 31, 2008
u this uche2nna how u go take leave your wife for church like that,if no be wey say make my driver drop her for house,na for church she for sleep.shagging another woman with scope is allowed,but for u to do am for your wife front na something else angry angry

sly.u again undecided
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by RThESlyR: 9:00pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

sly.u again undecided
Fimisile!. . . . cheesy
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 31, 2008
Uche2nna:

Where is my wife sef angry [b]Mo fe do bo [/b] grin
na thunder go fire your rusty @$$ angry
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:00pm On May 31, 2008
Is this sly becoming an epidemic or what  undecided  Pops up everwhere like a tick  grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:01pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

Men, I can't stop laffing  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In case no one has told U, that comes with the territory grin Jenny must have explained that part to U
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 31, 2008
sun_temi:

Eldee like say u no dey among abi?

@ 4 her

so the chic you wanted to post her pic on NL is not only one of your fantasy, but she's also an asshole! men, you berra not let that your GF read you calling her an asshole
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Uche2nna(m): 9:03pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

Uche2nna:

Mo fe do bo grin

That was the only yoruba I learnt in the NYSC camp grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 31, 2008
Jenny must have explained that part to You
ive explained everything to her,dont worry smiley
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 31, 2008
Uche2nna:

That was the only yoruba I learnt in the NYSC camp grin
eh en! You're one gross man. . .
but I can teach you more yoruba. . .like "mo fe fi $1m si account iyawo mi". . .go to the bank and tell them that kiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by RThESlyR: 9:08pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

eh en! You're one gross man. . .
but I can teach you more yoruba. . .like "mo fe fi $1m si account iyawo mi". . .go to the bank and tell them that kiss
$1m ko. . . .20naira ni. . . . . .
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 31, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

$1m ko. . . .$20m ni. . . . . .
yea, $20m USD will do too wink
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by sheniqua: 9:16pm On May 31, 2008
beautiful opening post.
have no patience to read though the other ones from responders.
Her royal higness,I loved it especially this part except the emboldened part.
Nigerian men are the best irrespevtive of all the things we've called at a tseveral times.

A typical Nigerian born man despite being domineering, over bearing, complete jerks, with egos the size of the entire planet and all the nasty things they've been called in this forum, know how to treat a woman they really like. they offer support and are always to hand when she needs help, she doesnt even have to ask. I remember my ex took it upon himself to make sure my car always had fuel and was in optimum condition, even though I managed ok befor he came along and was perfectly capable of doing those things. He was so sensitive to problems in my life and always tried his best to make things easier and more comfortable for me, he some how was able to allow me keep my individuality and my independence and yet, still feel loved and cherished.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

What Do You Do When You Love Someone Who Doesn't Love You? / For Having 'loud Sex', See What Neighbour Did To Man (photo) / Everyday Seeing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.