Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

I Love My Nigerian Men! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love My Nigerian Men! (15021 Views)

I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love My Nigerian Men! by HRhotness(f): 2:49pm On May 31, 2008
Its Saturday again and I'm at work definitely not working  grin

I've thot long and hard about this and I think its fair to say I prefer Nigerian men raised in Nigeria to those raised abroad. I usually don't generalise but there's a reason I have decided make such a general statement.

Dating a white guy was definitely a wonderful experience, I got to to try out new things, we travelled, we went to theatres and the whole relationship was basically a learning curve. the one thing that was truly unique was that he appreciated my individuality and my independence, on the down side this made him extremely insensitive to certain issues. I cldnt blame him tho, the culture thing was a barrier and I guess I'm too Nigerian to ever truly settle with a white man  sad
So what am I on about?

I recently met a guy, British born Nigerian who is supposedly falling for me, he lives somewhere in England and I'm in Wales. I currently work full time and still have to round up a masters degree,  I'm in the process of moving, in the process of looking for a new job,  basically at a cross roads in my life. we talk on the phone fairly regularly and he knows whats up with me. he has asked me countless times to come visit and my explanation that I don't have the time seem to fall on deaf ears. I don't drive so I can't just jump into a car and go, besides I'm working most weekends now,   I am not asking for his money,  don't need his money, I have even suggested he drives down for an over night visit but his excuse is that it would take him so many hrs to get here and he'd be tired, and for some weird reason I wont be tired if I do the same with public transport?  undecided the whole thing is really beginning to stress me and if it goes on any longer he;s going to hear what I really think of him. angry

I was complaining to a friend about how insensitive some men can be and I was glad that I wasnt the only one who thot so. British-Nigerian men are so afraid of getting duped that they place too much emphasis on money. (just so u guys know, I don't want your money, I've got my own. . .  )
I remember going on dates in Nigeria, the guys always felt insulted when I offer d to pay (even those I knew who cldnt really afford it). its always a fun outing with no sentiment attached to proper proceedure. where u are taken out on a meal its just that, a meal, not because they are trying to impress (ok maybe sometimes they are).
our British-Nigerian buys u a meal and thinks he has the right to get into your pants. they act like they've done u a favour  angry

A typical Nigerian born man despite being domineering, over bearing, complete jerks, with egos the size of the entire planet and all the nasty things they've been called in this forum, know how to treat a woman they really like. they offer support and are always to hand when she needs help, she doesnt even have to ask. I remember my ex took it upon himself to make sure my car always had fuel and was in optimum condition, even though I managed ok befor he came along and was perfectly capable of doing those things. He was so sensitive to problems in my life and always tried his best to make things easier and more comfortable for me, he some how was able to allow me keep my individuality and my independence and yet, still feel loved and cherished.

if brutish Nigerian men with all their flaws are able to do this why is it so hard for well westernised British born Nigerian men to d the same?

thus ends my rant

On second thoughts, I'm nowhere near done. . . .

The british-nigerian men strut around with stupid airs like they are the hottest thing on the planet, they are clueless and boring old farts with nothing to offer as far as I am concerned. then they ask stupid quetsions like what is your status?. . .  they jump into conclusions that u want to trap them in marriage, like every nigerian girl in this country is desperate for residency.  angry

ok so they can be charming and the accent is a total turn on but thats about it,
Just because they have so many girls on their case they think every girl is willing to give it away whe they have nothing to offer. some girls actually have taste and are searching for something more than a red passport and a warm body once in a while
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by onyinye2(f): 2:56pm On May 31, 2008
seriously, who doesn't love nigerian men. they just have that thing about them that separates them from the rest. and i truly respect that.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by zignor(m): 3:00pm On May 31, 2008
sigh sad sad

this is a long story sad angry
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 31, 2008
onyinye2:

seriously, who doesn't love nigerian men. they just have that thing about them that separates them from the rest. and i truly respect that.
Yea, but some of them just try too hard to be westernized. . .that's what pisses me off sometimes.
As arrogant, annoying egoistic (etc) as Nigerian men can be, I still appreciate them sha. undecided
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by LadyT(f): 3:02pm On May 31, 2008
ROTFLAMO!!!

I agree but then again I dont darling.  Whether born in Nigeria or born here they can all still be the same.
It depends how they have been brought up.  I do think some of the Nigerian guys born in nigeria have a hard time though. The girls there make the guys go a long way to get close to them. And it usually has to do with money.

It depends whether the guy has had a bad experience with some hussy that can determine his behaviour in another relationship.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 31, 2008
Yea, but some of them just try too hard to be westernized. . .that's what pisses me off sometimes.
As arrogant, annoying egoistic (etc) as Nigerian men can be, I still appreciate them sha. undecided

like stephen wink
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by LadyT(f): 3:05pm On May 31, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Jenny

Shes called 4her now dont you get it?

Sexual Chocolate AKA Stephenp was yerterday news.

Morenike shes a big player she changes them like she changes her undies.

I fear her O!
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 31, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@Jenny

Shes called 4her now don't you get it?

Sexual Chocolate AKA Stephenp was yerterday news.

Morenike shes a big player she changes them like she changes her undies.

I fear her O!

honestly dat cadet of a girl is something else,she rampantly changes men like anyhow
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by zignor(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

honestly that cadet of a girl is something else,she rampantly changes men like anyhow

you don't mean it shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 31, 2008
what are you ppl talking abt jo?
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Pennywise(m): 3:14pm On May 31, 2008
Hmmn. This is a tribute to all you thoroughbred Nigerian male coming from no less a person than H.R Hotness. You have been so thoroghly bashed and battered on this forum now we have someone prepared to tell the world about our good side.

Hopefully all our discerning and most pretty broods in the diaspora will be coming home for their husbands in the short term. That will create a new subset of enviable gene pool.The British Nigerians it seems will have to make do with what is left.
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 31, 2008
@4her

they are talking about one babe they call morenike abi cadet abi na tempestous,abi bunmi or rampantt,all of d above
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 31, 2008
jennykadry:

@4her

they are talking about one babe they call morenike abi cadet abi na tempestous,abi bunmi or rampantt,all of d above
ok o, you guys, take it easy on the babe sha. I heard she's a very nice, gentle Nler
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 31, 2008
ok o, you guys, take it easy on the babe sha. I heard she's a very nice, gentle Nler

yea shes a very nice babe,i wonder why seun had to ban her countless of times undecided
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 31, 2008
I dunno o. . . email seun and ask him na tongue
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by zignor(m): 3:20pm On May 31, 2008
@Jenny,
Radio without Battery grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 31, 2008
i will ask him o jare,dat girl must have been a nuisance on dis forum,and dats y he banned her tongue sad
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 31, 2008
@zignor

wetin concern u,if i be radio wtout battery,as if u no like d information wey i dey give una angry grin grin
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 31, 2008
ehrrrrrrrm

@topic
4Her:

grin grin grin grin grin

@H-R
like I said, as much as I can't tolerate them sometimes, I have to recognize the fact that I have to marry one, so I guess, I'll really need to change my mentality abt naija men just a lil bit
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 31, 2008

@H-R
like I said, as much as I can't tolerate them sometimes, I have to recognize the fact that I have to marry one, so I guess, I[b]'ll really need to change my mentality about naija men[/b] just a little bit

to give stephen a chance wink
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 31, 2008
*sigh*
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Easybaby(f): 3:43pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

*sigh*

hiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by amberella: 3:55pm On May 31, 2008
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 31, 2008
Easybaby:

hiss
you be snake?
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by welli(f): 3:58pm On May 31, 2008
zignor:

@Jenny,
Radio without Battery grin grin grin grin grin

lmao.na jenny be radio witout battery ?
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 31, 2008
Love them, especially their accents kiss kiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 31, 2008
ibkaye:

Love them, especially their accents kiss kiss

Some of them. . .
I've met some that makes my head hurt cry cry cry, and I've talked to some that makes me love his voice grin cheesy
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 31, 2008
4Her:

Some of them. . .
I've met some that makes my head hurt cry cry cry, and I've talked to some that makes me love his voice grin cheesy
abi ooo kiss kiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 31, 2008
who did u talk to 4her?stephen or david wink

ibkaye darling how have u been kiss kiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 31, 2008
@Jenny
F.I.M.I.S.I.L.E ha ha angry
You'll just have to keep guessing. . .and did I say a NLer? shocked shocked tongue
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 31, 2008
@jenny
am fine aunty, you nko, hope all is well smiley kiss kiss
Re: I Love My Nigerian Men! by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 31, 2008
all is well jare ibkaye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

MEN!! If You Will Ever Do This Shiit For S£X, Then You Are STUPIDD ASF!! (Photo) / Ladies....why Do You Think Men's Nuts Stank? / Sad Truth About Virginity And How It Affects Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.