Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,707 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

How God Delivered Me From Self-service - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How God Delivered Me From Self-service (29150 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by PezzoNovante(m): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
segzi cres: Looooooool. grin cheesy grin cheesy you nack babe na sin, you self service na sin.
I tire ooo
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by kkkap: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
God can deliver anyone.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Youngzedd(m): 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
SELF SERVICE shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by BCELLS(m): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
scientology: it will surely come back....the solution is for you to get married...
its crystal clear you had been through same sickening act,hope uv been delivered too?
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by bodee(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
This goes to some dudes making some errant posts that nothing is wrong in self-service,well you can prove yourself by self-servicing in the presence of your dad or any of your grown-up brothers.Masturvation is actually a work of darkness
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
Once a wan ker always a wan ker.

Deliverance no dey for this one.

smiley

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by tellwisdom: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
What is self service??...You dey serve yourself?? sad
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by bodee(m): 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
@ op/the experienced ones, you said you had been in this act ever since your sec sch till your NYSC
My question,what do you think could be the effect of masturbation on the body?
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
there's absolutely nothing wrong with self servicing however, he bible says you should be clean before worshiping GOD, In other words, you must not have any discharge on you. This is why muslims clean their john thomas before prayers..

Now on the flip side, masturbation weakens you health-wise, it shrinks your cognitive skills in the longrun, if you're tempted to masturbate, channel the energy to do something productive/creative, or rather get yourself a girlfriend(This works, tested and trusted) with time the urge will diminish.

And those of you that are saying masturbation is a sin, ori gbogbo yin ti daru angry

sheyie2007
CD, Phd, Msc, LED , USB

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Whatever you feed your mind, that is what comes out of it:
Prov4:23...
haven established that.
Thanks to the others who have made us understand that lusting after someone is as good as the sin itself.

Now, @OP,
I will like share an analogy with you, it may help you stay in the faith.

We have a glass of water, chaste, pure and without dirt. Then someone comes and pours a little amount of coca cola.
And another comes and adds fanta, and then another with probably A beer,
I guess we all knw that shud affect its purity. If this happens over time, it becomes the waters true color and characteristics and the water becomes unclean, unfit for drinking and mixed with different impurities as it was exposed to.

But do not fret, feeding your mind with the word of God, and praying for grace to overcome( Rom 5:20- where sin abounds, the grace to overcome abounds more)

Just in the same manner the water became polluted, so U cn keep feeding that unclean water with pure water (in this case The living water- Christ) till all imperfection is removed.

Mind You, there are traps:
U have to make every effort to keep away from X-rated stuffs. The social media, TV has nothing decent to offer these days, keep away from em. At least for a while cut off every communication that corrupts good manners.

These are no guarantee of success. Its only the grace that can keep you from falling.

Remember, where sin is, the grace to overcome it is greater, that is why it could only take Christs blood to redeem us from sin.
Feed ur mind with the word of God at all times, and over time you are renewed from inside out....Rom12:1-2

Finally brethren:
remember colossians 2:14
14 Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared[ a]completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.

Having died to sin, U owe sin no debt, U do not subscribe to its paybacks as you are born afresh, Your new master is Christ, you have to now learn Him through and through. U have new man, keep that man focus on Christ until U obtain the crown of a clean heart.

Praise JEhovah Jireh!

7 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by lawizle(m): 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
cry
edwardjr: I started masturbating from my school(boarding) when i didn't even know what it was til i went for nysc.

I saw a student who was older than us bet that he could bring out sperm and i was very interested to see it atleast for the first time...The rest are stories but right from then i masturbated often even when i had girlfriends it didnt stop this mess.

I even vowed atimes,stopped for awhile yet went back to my vomit. At some point the devil whispered to me that masturbation is not a sin after all the word is not in d bible. I still prayed until i heard a pastor on the radio confessing that he has been struggling with this habit even as he is married and he needs help.

Then it dawned on me that the earlier i stopped,the better for me! Another pastor referred to Romans 1 and God used that book to renew my mind forever and by God's grace i broke out from that chain and i detest it with passion.

Glory 2 God!

Thank God for yur life but is it FGC Ikirun you went to...cos I was there when one of my seniors was mocked dat he had not developed sperm and ds spurred him to masturbate in front of us all thus spewing out d foul-smelling akamu from his blokus... cry
edwardjr: I started masturbating from my school(boarding) when i didn't even know what it was til i went for nysc.

I saw a student who was older than us bet that he could bring out sperm and i was very interested to see it atleast for the first time...The rest are stories but right from then i masturbated often even when i had girlfriends it didnt stop this mess.

I even vowed atimes,stopped for awhile yet went back to my vomit. At some point the devil whispered to me that masturbation is not a sin after all the word is not in d bible. I still prayed until i heard a pastor on the radio confessing that he has been struggling with this habit even as he is married and he needs help.

Then it dawned on me that the earlier i stopped,the better for me! Another pastor referred to Romans 1 and God used that book to renew my mind forever and by God's grace i broke out from that chain and i detest it with passion.

Glory 2 God!

Thank God for yur life but is it FGC Ikirun you went to...cos I was there when one of my seniors was mocked dat he had not developed sperm and ds spurred him to masturbate in front of us all thus spewing out d foul-smelling akamu from his blokus...
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Bright2(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
Is this testimony or comfession? Anyway glory be to God!
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by jajad: 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
bodee: This goes to some dudes making some errant posts that nothing is wrong in self-service,well you can prove yourself by self-servicing in the presence of your dad or any of your grown-up brothers.Masturvation is actually a work of darkness

So stupid my head hurts.

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by enobong18: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Genesis 38 v 8 - 10

Don't say no body told you!
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by olivegirl(f): 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
My mind was on worshiping God at home, Pls call the real name next time. The act of doing it is self fish,. This act so wicked becos it will look at your wife face and said I can do without you. Very possessive . We are in charge of our self

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
I prefer National Youth Service to Self Service.

Thank God for you.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by CarCam: 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
SimonAndal:

I'm not gonna tell you mast*rbation is not a sin as sin is relative.

I mast*rbate, and I don't feel guilty, neither do I feel ashamed

@SimonAndal
Masturba.ting without lust however seems to be the biggest area of conflict for Christians most
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
SimonAndal:
I'm not gonna tell you mast*rbation is not a sin as sin is relative. I mast*rbate, and I don't feel guilty, neither do I feel ashamed.

I thought you said you were gay some days ago so why mustobate again. SMH. the devil has really sent his agents to deceive many to make us believe that doing the wrong thing is actually right. God help us all
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
joel lala:

I thought you said you were gay some days ago so why mustobate again. SMH. the devil has really sent his agents to deceive many to make us believe that doing the wrong thing is actually right. God help us all
_

So I can't mast*rbate again because I'm gay. Your logic is invalid.

CarCam:

@SimonAndal
Masturba.ting without lust however seems to be the biggest area of conflict for Christians
_

I'm Buddhist, bro. None of the Christian guilt.

2 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Abeg make person break dix self service wit pidgin 4 me so dat i go understand the meaning
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by tomzman: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thank God for your life OP. I admire your courage for posting this on NL.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by 0monnakoda: 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
bodee: This goes to some dudes making some errant posts that nothing is wrong in self-service,well you can prove yourself by self-servicing in the presence of your dad or any of your grown-up brothers.Masturvation is actually a work of darkness
Emotional words lacking logic or sense do any normal Nigerians perform ANY KIND of 5exual acts in front of their parents or vice versa? Do you defecate in front of your family Do parents perform in front of their kids or at the bus stop? Every normal married person does it in private Does that make it wrong? I am sure there are logical arguments against masturbtion(You cannot find any) just are there are for it. Arguig that not peerforming infront pf a family audience makes it wrong is just bizarre,try again.

3 Likes

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by jamngr84(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
How dose this statement help, so if i dont sleep with my wife in front of my my dad or grown up then its a work of darkness. Please if u must contribute, say something with meaning
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by ronalmagic10(m): 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Op, am happy dat God has delivered yu from the sin of ' self-service' and I'll lyk yu 2 share wit us wen He delivers yu from the sin of fornication. Its clearly stated in the bible that we shud not fornicate so dont start feeling lyk a saint cos i can imply 4rm ur post dat yu sleep around wit diff gals(GF). God bless us all
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by CarCam: 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
SimonAndal:

I'm Buddhist, bro. None of the Christian guilt.

@SimonAndal
OK noted then and post's edited however what does your "the awakened one" have to say about mastur.bation?
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Austeenxx: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
OP,

I'm so inspired.

I'm on my way to get a carton of vaseline. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by billyG(m): 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
but why do some so called burn again bro & sis who say self service is bad still fornicate
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by collynzo2(m): 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
bodee: @ op/the experienced ones, you said you had been in this act ever since your sec sch till your NYSC
My question,what do you think could be the effect of masturbation on the body?
Hairloss

1 Like

Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
mollytinrox: Great story.

Have you considered writing for Nollywood?

Must everything make the movie?

Thats Just the core reason we end up producing tons of Balderdash each year.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by sharonma: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its my prayer dat God will deliver those doing self-service. Even married pple r in d act of dis self service. Am tired of doing counseling cos d more I try d answer I get is (u don't understand). God wil help us cos HELL FIRE is real
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by dhammer(m): 7:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Religion corrupts everything.
Re: How God Delivered Me From Self-service by luluosas(m): 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2013

Glory 2 God!
My dear, I rejoiced with you for this great deliverance from this terrible sin. I mostly thank the Lord Jesus Christ that, you didn't fall to the hands of some fake pastors like Chris Oyakhilome, who preaches and teaches his members that masturbation is not sin. A look on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBi8l621wbQ will tell you who Chris really is.
May the Almighty God preserves you so that this testimony is not destroyed in Jesus name amen. God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bounties Of Jannat (paradise) / Christian Women Show Off Amazing Dance Steps While Dancing To 'Overdose' Song / 10 Categories Of People That Are Interested In The Downfall Of Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.