Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986460 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 3:53am On Feb 06, 2018
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/05/nigerian-govt-reveals-plan-persons-illegal-firearms/

"Dan-Ali also disclosed that the federal government had paid 496 million dollars to the United States for the supply of Super Ticano war jets to the Nigerian Air Force"

Guess baba wey dey upstairs no answer some of una prayers for this deal to be scuttled lol.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Sizzorkay:
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/05/nigerian-govt-reveals-plan-persons-illegal-firearms/

"Dan-Ali also disclosed that the federal government had paid 496 million dollars to the United States for the supply of Super Ticano war jets to the Nigerian Air Force"

Guess baba wey dey upstairs no answer some of una prayers for this deal to be scuttled lol.
ticano war jet?

I tire

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2018
giles14:
ticano war jet?

I tire

smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 7:24am On Feb 06, 2018
@Gottfried any back story on the "flight test centre Batajnica" patch your cousin is sporting?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:38am On Feb 06, 2018
ViceAdmirlAgain:
@Gottfried any back story on the "flight test centre Batajnica" patch your cousin is sporting?
Batajnica was where he learned how to fly the MiG-29(I mentioned this a while back)It is also where he met his “baby mama” cheesy Sorry if this information does not answer your question boss.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Some people just never learn grin grin grin.

Nine robbery suspects shot dead
Durban - Nine suspected robbers were left dead after two shootouts with police, who tracked them through the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands on Monday.

Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Thulani Zwane said officers from Crime Intelligence, the National Intervention Unit (NU) and the Special Task Force (STF) had been acting on information that the gang was planning a robbery in the Bulwer area.

He said the STF first swooped on two vehicles that were travelling together in the Mpophomeni area, near Howick.

“When they tried to stop the vehicles, the suspects opened fire on them. They retaliated, shooting and killing six of the suspects and injuring one,” Zwane said.

He said a number of rifles and handguns were recovered from that scene.

Zwane said later, another team of officers located a white Ford Ikon in the Bulwer area. They tailed the vehicle down the N3, towards Durban.

When they reached the Mariannhill Toll Plaza - and with the help of the Shongweni K9 unit - they attempted to pull the vehicle over. Another exchange of gunfire ensued.

Three more suspects were killed and one more, injured.

Zwane said more rifles and handguns were recovered from that scene.

“Cases of attempted murder and possession of unlicensed firearms and ammunition are being investigated,” Zwane said.
https://www.iol.co.za/mercury/news/nine-robbery-suspects-shot-dead-13116106

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 12:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
nemesis4u:

Ur asking about htt 40 I presume , it's still in development phase and they r looking to come up with a armed version but that will take time, about the Turkish one I have no idea.

If CAS is a requirement then one can go for SU25 .

Many years back there was a proposal to upgrade the jaguars by HAL but it was rejected becz it was deemed expensive.
If those jags were flying around now then there would have been no requirement for CAS aircrafts

Thanks,but I'm actually looking for an alternative to the Tuc for Naij. You've seen the US arm twist them on these pages-can you come up with a workable option?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
kikuyu1:

Thanks,but I'm actually looking for an alternative to the Tuc for Naij. You've seen the US arm twist them on these pages-can you come up with a workable option?

Me? undecided

if Nigeria is paying from freshly released funds than u might say the planes r arriving kind of late to tackle the present and immediate needs.

If Nigeria is paying for them via the laundered funds now with us banks then it's a kind of ok deal.
Getting laundered money back is a headache and takes ages, so if by baiting us with a arms deal u can get half a billion dollars worth of equipment and ammo , it's not that a bad deal , though pressure must be exerted to deliver the planes as quick as possible.

Meanwhile best option is investing in existing helicopters and new helicopters.

Having armed helicopters is not a zero sum game.
The sensor and weapon suite must be upgraded progressively by identifying the handicaps present in the existing systems and evolving threats. Plus investment must be made to close the bidirectional command and communication gap between air and ground elements so that they can operate seamlessly under intense battlefield condition.

If I were the Nigerian airforce chief my priority would be to extract the maximum from by current assets by going for optimised and revamped tactics and integrating more capable systems based on present and evolving threats.

Investing in more UAV for surveillance and strike is also a good idea. Priority should be on endurance.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
nemesis4u:

Me? undecided

if Nigeria is paying from freshly released funds than u might say the planes r arriving kind of late to tackle the present and immediate needs.

If Nigeria is paying for them via the laundered funds now with us banks then it's a kind of ok deal.
Getting laundered money back is a headache and takes ages, so if by baiting us with a arms deal u can get half a billion dollars worth of equipment and ammo , it's not that a bad deal , though pressure must be exerted to deliver the planes as quick as possible.

Meanwhile best option is investing in existing helicopters and new helicopters.

Having armed helicopters is not a zero sum game.
The sensor and weapon suite must be upgraded progressively by identifying the handicaps present in the existing systems and evolving threats. Plus investment must be made to close the bidirectional command and communication gap between air and ground elements so that they can operate seamlessly under intense battlefield condition.

If I were the Nigerian airforce chief my priority would be to extract the maximum from by current assets by going for optimised and revamped tactics and integrating more capable systems based on present and evolving threats.

Investing in more UAV for surveillance and strike is also a good idea. Priority should be on endurance.

Nigeria just made payment yesterday.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
frumentius:
Some people just never learn grin grin grin.

https://www.iol.co.za/mercury/news/nine-robbery-suspects-shot-dead-13116106

STF kills you and then prosecutes you for attempted murder and possession of illegal firearms grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 3:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
Botswana president was on a 2 day State visit to Namibia

Is this a newer version of the wolf MK11 shocked

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2018
patches689:

STF kills you and then prosecutes you for attempted murder and possession of illegal firearms grin grin grin

Well, you too can tap into your inner STF operator on Ghost Recon: Wildlands grin grin grin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whegDT6LElE&feature=youtu.be
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kenya has a private vehicle manufacture but for some reason the government prefers to buy vehicle from Europe and china rather than support it. I am sure if they get a RFP they can manufacture military vehicles.

https://mobiusmotors.com/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2018
Someone's going to have a hard time explaining why that chopper was left unattended. grin grin grin

Video here: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/960555744558026755

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
61mech, hrmnn, mikecza, kikuyu1 and others. Your thoughts on this freccia mech infantry orbat?

Apparently, they're still having a debate about the rightful place of the mortars.

PIC1: infantry company orbat;
PIC2: support company.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 12:59am On Feb 07, 2018
https://defensenigeria.com/2018/01/23/7977/
If this is true then the Armed Forces are going to be having a good year.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 1:35am On Feb 07, 2018
barineh:

No it is not
Sorry to pour cold water on this .
Army is leaning towards:
IFVs
APCs
Comms
Artillery
Drones.
Country of Interests
South Africa
China
UAE
UK* There is evidence to what I alluded to Two years ago about the UK supplying Nigeria with Small Arms (They include the L'Series Sniper Rifle)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2018
barineh:

It is true.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 4:46am On Feb 07, 2018
"Production line of 7.62mm amunitions, increasjbg the production from 2 milkion earlier "

That link is full or errors, Jeez, who wrote this, at least go over your work before publishing it, hard to take this seriously, looks as if something was translated from Swahili to English lol

barineh:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 6:05am On Feb 07, 2018
Sizzorkay:
"Production line of 7.62mm amunitions, increasjbg the production from 2 milkion earlier "

That link is full or errors, Jeez, who wrote this, at least go over your work before publishing it, hard to take this seriously, looks as if something was translated from Swahili to English lol

Just because of two alphabetical errors you castigate the whole work. Please don't read.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 6:07am On Feb 07, 2018
LTGEN:

No it is not
Sorry to pour cold water on this .
Army is leaning towards:
IFVs
APCs
Comms
Artillery
Drones.
Country of Interests
South Africa
China
UAE
UK* There is evidence to what I alluded to Two years ago about the UK supplying Nigeria with Small Arms (They include the L'Series Sniper Rifle)

I don't understand
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 6:10am On Feb 07, 2018
SSGN:

It is true.

Oga MI. I've been disappointed too much my our military it's practically in the 70's we need a modernization plan. BTW why I no fit comment for your blog without WordPress account.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:19am On Feb 07, 2018
ViceAdmirlAgain:
Botswana president was on a 2 day State visit to Namibia

Is this a newer version of the wolf MK11 shocked
Peep the MK3 in the back

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:36am On Feb 07, 2018
frumentius:
61mech, hrmnn, mikecza, kikuyu1 and others. Your thoughts on this freccia mech infantry orbat?

Apparently, they're still having a debate about the rightful place of the mortars.

PIC1: infantry company orbat;
PIC2: support company.

Thanks! I can't expand the pic and see the diagrams clearly. Imo,I'd have one 60 mm mandatory at the section level giving us 3 for the whole platoon and 12 for the entire coy (btw,the 6 km ER versions). For the support coy I'd have 2 self loading 120 mm vehicles like this with at least a .5 BMG for self defense and/or offense. You'd need one medium tactical truck with the support coy for reloading.
Patches689,is that enough dakka for you? 61mech,hrmnn and mikecza waiting for your own comments.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Up, up and away!!!

UAE orders seekers from Denel

The United Arab Emirates has ordered R180 million worth of Seeker unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) from Denel.

The deal was revealed at the Dubai Airshow last year, but further details have not been forthcoming.

On 15 November last year, Staff Pilot Air-Vice Marshal Abdulla Al Sayed Al Hashemi, official spokesman of the Dubai Airshow, announced that the UAE Armed Forces had signed an AED48.1 million (R182 million) deal with Denel Dynamics “to procure Seeker aircraft”, according to the Emirates News Agency.

The UAE is an existing customer for the Seeker, and received five Seeker IIs in 2002/2003 and another two in 2009/10. These were deployed to Afghanistan in 2009 and have also been flown over Yemen – one was shot down in July 2015.

In 2010/11 Denel Dynamics began development of the larger Seeker 400, which was completed in 2016. It can be used for a wide range of military and civilian missions, including maritime surveillance and disaster reconnaissance. It has up to 16 hours endurance at altitudes up to 18 000 feet. At typical operating altitudes of between 4 500 and 9 000 feet, it is not visible from the ground by the human eye and is effectively inaudible. The UAV's line-of-sight range is 250 km from its ground station, but this can be doubled by using a forward ground station with deployed forces. It can carry two sensor payloads (weighing a combined 100 kg) at the same time, such as an optronic sensor turret and a synthetic aperture radar, and can be armed with Impi-S missiles manufactured by Denel Dynamics.

Source: DefenceWeb

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 07, 2018
Up, up and away, again!!!

PARAMOUNT GROUP’S AHRLAC/MWARI NEARING SERIAL PRODUCTION

The private South African conglomerate Paramount Group has announced that its production factory for the AHRLAC (Advanced High Performance and Reconnaissance Light Aircraft) system is ‘fully operational’ as it embarks on serial-production for several undisclosed launch customers.

Paramount Group also demonstrated the AHRLAC Production Development Model (PDM), a substantially improved version equipped with ejection seats, on-board oxygen-generation system (OBOGS), retractable landing-gear, a modern integrated avionics suite, lighter airframe and quieter propeller and exhaust.

The AHRLAC production line is located at the Wonderboom International Airport Complex. Construction of the 15,000 m2 facility began in 2016. It is to have the capacity to roll-out 24 aircraft per year.

Source: https://quwa.org/2018/02/07/paramount-groups-ahrlac-mwari-nearing-serial-production/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 07, 2018
On and on it goes!!!

Paramount highlights FLASH helicopter weapons kit; upgrades

Paramount Advanced Technologies (PAT) has fitted its FLASH (Flexible Light Armaments System for Helicopters) weapon and sensor kit onto an AS550 helicopter in order to demonstrate the system, and is also promoting its other aircraft upgrade options.

“More than ten companies have already partnered with us on the campaign.”

The AS550 demonstrator is fitted with a helmet-mounted display, electro-optical turret, mission display, GPS receiver, air data, attitude and heading reference system (ADAHRS), mission computer, computers and weapons, including 12.7 mm gun pods and 70 mm unguided rockets. Various armament options are available such as FN RMP gun pod; 12 tube rocket launchers; 20 mm cannon pods; FZ unguided rockets; 68 mm guided missiles and Mokopa and Ingwe anti-tank missiles.

PAT says FLASH provides a low cost and modular alternative to expensive attack helicopters and while designed for light utility helicopters, it can be fitted to other rotorcraft like the Mi-17 and fixed wing aircraft. Some of its key attributes are that it is ITAR-free, scalable and expandable.

PAT envisions a FLASH-equipped helicopter being able to carry out a wide array of roles, such as armed reconnaissance; fire support; observation and surveillance; airborne command and control; maritime patrol; counter insurgency; training; border surveillance and anti-poaching.

FLASH has been installed on six EC635s for a Middle East Client.

FLASH was preceded by the Stand Alone Weapon System (SAWS) weapons kit, which was jointly designed, developed, manufactured and supported by Eurocopter (now Airbus Helicopters) and Advanced Technologies and Engineering (ATE – now Paramount Advanced Technologies). The package featured a Belgian FN Herstal HMP–400 12.7 mm machine gun, a French Nexter NC-621 20mm cannon, FZ-233 70 mm rockets and Denel’s Ingwe anti-tank missile.

SAWS was installed on 26 EC635 helicopters in partnership with Airbus Helicopters for a Middle East Client, whose upgraded EC635s are able to fire machineguns, cannons, rockets and Ingwe missiles.

PAT has upgraded 44 Super Hind Mk 3s for a North African client and ten Super Hind Mk 4s for another client. It has also conducted a proof-of-concept upgrade on an Mi-17 for a North African client. Mi-17/24 upgrades can include composite rotor blades, anti-tank missiles, cannon, a sighting system, helmet system and cockpit/avionics upgrades.

Source: http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50612&catid=74&Itemid=30

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 07, 2018
kikuyu1:

Thanks! I can't expand the pic and see the diagrams clearly. Imo,I'd have one 60 mm mandatory at the section level giving us 3 for the whole platoon and 12 for the entire coy (btw,the 6 km ER versions). For the support coy I'd have 2 self loading 120 mm vehicles like this with at least a .5 BMG for self defense and/or offense. You'd need one medium tactical truck with the support coy for reloading.
Patches689,is that enough dakka for you? 61mech,hrmnn and mikecza waiting for your own comments.

Hopefully these links will let you see it clearly:
http://3.bp..com/-IR3hAOalfPU/TjUkjWYKZNI/AAAAAAAAAck/JzWUk4Sehec/s1600/Compagnia_fucilieri_Fanteria_Media.png

Hope I don't fall foul of the pestilential bot: http://1.bp..com/-vejXl1tClqg/TjUkkspP8HI/AAAAAAAAAco/KBBzGG4ugmY/s1600/Compagnia_supporto_alla_manovra_Fanteria_Media.png

I'm biased here but I prefer this automatic self-loading 120mm, which Denel has supplied to the UAE.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 10:41am On Feb 07, 2018
Sizzorkay:

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
I'm not castigating anything, two errors? You wrote it? lol, there are tons of errors on there, not just two lol.
Hey, I'm not taking it personal, it's just not a good look when people write up stuff for public consumption and they can't do a simple spell check.
yawn. Moving on
barineh:

Just because of two alphabetical errors you castigate the whole work. Please don't read.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
barineh:

Oga MI. I've been disappointed too much my our military it's practically in the 70's we need a modernization plan. BTW why I no fit comment for your blog without WordPress account.

Rectified.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
barineh:

FIXED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.