Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992469 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ibrahimanis:

Nope, like I said "free of charge" not loan

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/254418-china-agrees-pay-550-million-nigerian-satellites-minister.html/amp&ved=2ahUKEwiHw4i0toLZAhXCzKQKHbmMCFQQFjAEegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3Uqf-wqbIZJucHh6m5V3Vd&ampcf=1

Though someone said Nigeria will give up a stake in nigcomsat, but it's just a "rumour" for now. So we go with the official story of "free of charge".

Free or paid, it doesn't stop them from spying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:57am On Feb 01, 2018
Pictures from inside Sambisa Forest yesterday.We recaptured our main battle tank from the insurgents

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:58am On Feb 01, 2018
More

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 9:17am On Feb 01, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4322859/nia-dg-ahmed-rufai-misfit
When I said this guy was a security risk someone attacked me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 9:28am On Feb 01, 2018
The current nigerian government is an unadulterated embarrassment, imagine BIR troops coming in the first time and still attacking again.

Where is a blessed wall when you need it

Jeez

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2018
The best special forces unit south of the Limpopo river.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
saengine:
The best special forces unit south of the Limpopo river.
Better than 4?......mmmmm??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
Fantasy. Some guy from Stanford has spoken, now it's the word of God.
Smh, police brutality, militarized police force, seizure of assets without court order etc.
Is that what makes America a full democracy? Because you have elections? lol. Please, reality on the ground will tell you that American is as Authoritarian as it gets. I know, live here over 15yrs and i see the madness everyday.
We gotta stop listening to these fools. Same reason why they tell you non-whites are more violent in America, while whites continue to commit the most sickening crimes here, but you can't exactly be racist towards your own kind right? It's easier to just point at others, and since you control the narrative, morons fall for the stereotype .
Democracy to me is irrelevant, what i consider scared is how well the masses are treated. If the masses are not being treated well, democracy or not, i call it a flawed system.
Moving on. This is a military thread anyways.

frumentius:
Democracy continues its disturbing retreat

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2018/01/daily-chart-21?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
frumentius:
Democracy continues its disturbing retreat

https://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2018/01/daily-chart-21?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/
Does full democracy actually mean full democracy? Because actual full democracy is a bad idea.

I'm too lazy to read the article grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 01, 2018
jln115:

Better than 4?......mmmmm??

Based on the pics, no way of knowing if it's 4 or 5. wink

Seriously though, apart from the friendly banter between the 2 regiments, there is a mutual respect as they understand they fulfill different yet sometimes overlapping strategic tasks.

With the increase in water-borne attacks by both Mai-Mai Yakutumba and the ADF, there's a rumour 4 Recce and MRS may start regular deployments into the DRC. MRS in a tactical role to counter riverine attacks, and 4 in a strategic role to tackle cross-border weapons smuggling across the lakes.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
Engineers at work. A pictorial essay.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:09pm On Feb 01, 2018
Someone is paying $99m for 6 Tucanos. 12 will be $198m.

https://quwa.org/2017/11/30/philippines-orders-six-29-super-tucano-embraer/

How much are we paying again?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Feb 02, 2018
tdayof:

Exactly what I said on bidexiii's thread. And where did they buy them? Armed exactly like Nigeria's - which some people keep saying it's not corrupt inflated prices - with integration by Israel's Elbit Systems.

The only 2 countries who bought their Tucanos from the Florida plant were Afghanistan and Lebanon. Both paid close to what Nigeria will pay if the deal goes ahead. The US govt paid for Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia paid for Lebanon.
If not for corrupt backhanders, why is Nigeria not going directly to Brazil?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by golfsierra: 1:00am On Feb 02, 2018
Anti-riot police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 5:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
Promotions in the Namibian Defence Force

Chief of JOps is sporting a Commando dagger

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
Sizzorkay:
Fantasy. Some guy from Stanford has spoken, now it's the word of God.
Smh, police brutality, militarized police force, seizure of assets without court order etc.
Is that what makes America a full democracy? Because you have elections? lol. Please, reality on the ground will tell you that American is as Authoritarian as it gets. I know, live here over 15yrs and i see the madness everyday.
We gotta stop listening to these fools. Same reason why they tell you non-whites are more violent in America, while whites continue to commit the most sickening crimes here, but you can't exactly be racist towards your own kind right? It's easier to just point at others, and since you control the narrative, morons fall for the stereotype .
Democracy to me is irrelevant, what i consider scared is how well the masses are treated. If the masses are not being treated well, democracy or not, i call it a flawed system.
Moving on. This is a military thread anyways.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2018
This is what Frumentius spits out on an African thread and when I go after him , for what he really is people say I don't like him
they are WRONG I do not like what he spews or what he stands for
FRUMENTIUS is a left wing self serving AMMNESTY mole who believes everything black is bad and everything white is good I will go after him
FRUMENTIUS found it convienient to quote an article that has Nigeria as a HYBRID democracy ( WTF) that means, this is a country that
has had a peaceful election 2 years ago , whereby the Incumbent President called the opposition party leader before the votes were finished counting to concede and handed over.
Nigeria has also been instrumental in witnessing democracy in The GAMBIA, LIBERIA AND S/LEONE
South Africa on the other hand has not witnessed a change of power from the ruling party to the opposition since the ANC came power and yet it is painted in full green like it is a full fledged democracy, the PRESIDENT who is neck deep in corruption has been since day one unable to launch anything coherent in terms of policy except to say " i am not corrupt"
FRUM when are you going to strart highlighting South Africa's problems, or Ammnesty INTERNATIONAL forbids you from doing that?
In Nigeria cops that kill civillians ,get life imprisonment or even the death penalty does AI give South Africa a pass? oh i forgot they are not on the frigging leahy paper my bad! angry angry
I know and understand what type of individual you are.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2018
tdayof:

Who else remembered this my old post?? I remember how I was insulted for it... someone even called me a double-agent because of it.

Nairaland....

lionel4power:
$600 million USD for 12 propeller driven aircraft

D.A.M.N.A.T.I.O.N.

What are they offering for goodness sake to warrant such daylight robbery

Are they going to build new hangers?
Are they going to give us production license?
Are they going to supply us 1000 PGMs?
Are they going to base their technical staff here in Nigeria?
how many tonnage of spares would twelve aircraft need In its whole operational life cycle?
or what capabilities does the Tucano have that other aircraft doesn't have?
what sophisticated gadgetry does it bring?
or what sleek aerial maneover does it do that other aircraft cant?

With that amount alone any country can design and build COIN aircraft from scratch, Nigeria included.

For that amount we'll require electronic and visual stealth capabilities while being able to launch ten ballistic nuclear cruise missiles plus it must be hypersonic and should be able to tranverse space and bend time. Since we are the first country to buy turboprop aircraft.

R.U.B.B.I.S.H.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
lionel4power:

Who else remembered this my old post?? I remember how I was insulted for it... someone even called me a double-agent because of it.

Nairaland....

I remember your post. Some of us echoed what you said and were given a lecture on the alleged shortcomings of the Mokopa ATGM.
The Nigerian skeptics suffered from low self-esteem, of course. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
frumentius:

I remember your post. Some of us echoed what you said and were given a lecture on the alleged shortcomings of the Mokopa ATGM.
I criticized you frumetius and I have yet to hear you man up and post a rejoinder.
Nigeria already has Drones and PGM
Missiles we don't need a replica from South Africa.
I am critical of your posts because they are self serving.Answer the question are you from Ammnesty International
Why did you see fit to put a map out that showed Nigeria as a hybrid democracy.
What was the purpose.
When will tou see fit to criticize South Africa?
South Africans who don't want to see Nigeria succeed suffer from a gross case of inferiority complex.
The planes including the JF 17 are going to be bought if you dont like it go and hug a transformer.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
Paramount's Mbombe, named Barys in Kazakhstan service.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 10:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

*yawns* fck around get smoked , we will take over Abuja and Lagos in less than 2 months . You are a clown if you believe that your obsolete army the boy-scouts fighting over fish heads who are members of that army can beat us . Nigeria will be outflanked and sent back to the Stone Age. You are n match for us an the records show it . Now go play with your rusty Ak-47

Hehehehehe!!! Nice joke. Just because your BIR own a few Tavors you now think you're special? Your country's not even in the same league with some of our states! Guy, You DO NOT have the manpower or firepower to take on any of our nearest border communities, talkless of capitals of border states. Nigeria on the other hand has manpower, airpower, and firepower (and every other power) to tear your beloved Cameroon a new a$#hole and make you our bitch. Hell, we'll leave you to our NSCDC as using the military and police force will simply be overkill. maybe you want to see the Nigerian flag raised in Younde and Douala.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
frumentius:

I believe 'we' Nigerians are now getting wiser. The self esteemed rhetoric has died down a bit.

Realities are now dawning.

I believe it's due to the self-esteemed self-acclaimed leader being on self-imposed exile. smiley smiley

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:42am On Feb 03, 2018
frumentius:
Paramount's Mbombe, named Barys in Kazakhstan service.

fvck me, that is one good looking IFV
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:07am On Feb 03, 2018
patches689:

fvck me, that is one good looking IFV
but you choose to go for d badger ifv
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 6:22am On Feb 03, 2018
LTGEN:

I criticized you frumetius and I have yet to hear you man up and post a rejoinder.
I am critical of your posts because they are self serving.Answer the question are you from Ammnesty International
What was the purpose.
South Africans who don't want to see Nigeria succeed suffer from a gross case of inferiority complex.
The planes including the JF 17 are going to be bought if you dont like it go and hug a transformer.

We produce precision guided weapon?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:09am On Feb 03, 2018
LTGEN:

What was the purpose.

Hate to be the one to tell you this.

But we honestly dont care about Nigeria. Rise or fall, it has no affect on our lives.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2018
giles14:
but you choose to go for d badger ifv

Aesthetic =/= Good

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Watch Nigerian Air Force helicopter provide CAS for ground troops.

Beauty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrbdVs3lOvE

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
I think I should start crediting this site, since I steal their pics so often. sa special forces insta

SA special forces candidates

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
patches689:

Hate to be the one to tell you this.

But we honestly dont care about Nigeria. Rise or fall, it has no affect on our lives.
Not again angry
Is he talking to u ?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1591) (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.