Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,017 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1741) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951797 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 19, 2018
Frumentum:

Henry, if you're going to extract photos and stories from Dean's and Darren's feeds, please do the honourable thing and credit them.
They don't charge for their content but they don't - and neither does anybody - look kindly upon piracy.

On South African defence fora we call this sort of thing stealing.
Do the needful lest I brand you the other "t" word as well.
I won't do that. No offence intended.

When South-African sources pick content from Nigerian defence topics, i don't see them crediting their source(s).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2018
jteku:

Chairman this your attack on me is becoming much, it doesn't matter if the guy is Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa, a scammer is a scammer, he re badge cars for God sake, I posted with good faith, stop making as if I did a personal attack.

And why asking what I have done for this country, you don't know me and what I have done, but what I know is I don't re badge other peoples product
Wouldn't call it a scam.
I think it's known already known they're rebadged. Done all over the world. He's got licensing agreements with the OEM. I'd always wish for a Japanese rebadge though as they have more motoring pedigree. Probably costs more.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Paramount’s FLASH helicopter weapons kit.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2018
Nigeria's Proforce Defence interview with Forbes magazine (photos).

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2018
Paramount group FLASH

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2018
SAAF JAS-39 Gripen

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2018
AAD2018

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 8:03am On Sep 19, 2018
Henry240:

When South-African sources pick content from Nigerian defence topics, i don't see them crediting their source(s).

Does not make it right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2018
barineh:

Does not make it right
what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jelal07: 11:09am On Sep 19, 2018
[
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jelal07: 11:10am On Sep 19, 2018
rugged7:
From your mother's hole modafyqqer. grin
Just in and out of your mother's hole.

u've often displayed how extremely stup1d u can be. You start a quarrel alone and end it by yourself. Whoever raised u didn't do a good job. Senseless megalomaniac.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jelal07: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2018
rugged7:
From my mother's hole modafyqqer. grin Just in and out of my mother's hole.

see how dumb you are? Maniac
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
jelal07:
u've often displayed how extremely stup1d u can be. You start a quarrel alone and end it by yourself. Whoever raised u didn't do a good job. Senseless megalomaniac.
so e pain you.

but na you first start the thing.
jelal07:
which hole did this animal crawl out of? Were 7 born to be silly or something? Are u normal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
foxtrot101:
was it what the movie "Siege at jadotville" trying to depict?

Yeah the movie is based on the battle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Your mother is the maniac grin grin

jelal07:
see how dumb you are? Maniac
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jelal07: 2:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
rugged7:
my mother and father are the megalomaniac.

I'm just busy screwing my sister. Omo ale. grin

[ quote author=jelal07 post=71331155]u've often displayed how extremely stup1d u can be. You start a quarrel alone and end it by yourself. Whoever raised u didn't do a good job. Senseless megalomaniac.
come and carry this mad man oo.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
Henry240:

I actually agree with Henry. Both photos came from a official news site. Do you credit every photo you get from say SABC or CNN or the SANDF them self.

Not like he removed watermarks

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
Frumentum:
I think our fellow contributor on this thread "Greenandgold" is owed a few ZAR (only tradable African currency still worth something against USD$ grin grin grin) for his/her suggestions on an amourmoured vehicle here.

Same thing against the Milkor 4x4, privately this time?

PICS: Greenandgold's improvements on the ARA.

I still owe you an elongated version of that vehicle which can't be mentioned cheesy... I take payments in ice-cream, Nelspruit is blistering hot right now

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
AAD2018 is upon us people and so is the excitement of new product launchs, military demos and more.

Let's seat back and relax

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
Looks pretty comfy.
Does anyone have pics of the Badger turret interior ?
I'm curious as to the layout of the gun and ammo feed system. The Ratel turret had all the ammo "below decks" in bins while the LCT turret has the feed inside. Some people have criticized the small 1st. line ammo capacity, but I think its a huge advantage to be able to top-up on the fly from your hull ammo supply. With the Ratel you had to stop and reload sections of belt, link then together and then it took forever to load into the gun through the dual feed system.

It also looks like a much bigger gun than the 20mm. The big advantage of the 30mm cam gun is that it's so much more reliable due to the externally driven linkless feed system. Doing away with de-linking and gas operation would solve 99% of the issues. The US bushmaster and Denels 30mm actually has a little round colour coded dial in the back telling you what stage of the gun operation you are in. A full rotation means a full firing cycle has occurred. If you have a malfunction , the dial will stop at that firing stage giving you a clue as to wear the problem lies. Quite clever.

Dealing with gun breakdowns with the old 20 was a nightmare in the cramped turret, because the problem was usually caused or fixed from the bottom feed selector. The damn links would also go everywhere on the floor. It wasn't unusual for 1 or 2 guns to go down in a platoon during an attack. Most gunners would tell you that the towing is the Ratel towbar's secondary function!

Frumentum:
61mech
not the cramped interior of a Ratel no?

PIC: Badger 1:1 simulator currently in use with the SA Army Armour Formation. Formation? Can't wait till we go back to proper military terms like divisions, corps etc.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
A product launch by a less known company - SVI

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
AAD2018

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
Appreciate the AAD 2018 pics guys!
Keep it coming.
Always hard to find extensive image coverage of that show.

GreenandGold:
A product launch by a less known company - SVI

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
AAD 2018

Zimbabwe Air Force

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Henry240:
AAD2018
sexy MRAP.
is it also a milkor product
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2018
Sudan made Safat Aircraft

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2018
grin grin grin

Rock scissor paper

I get the lady grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Official vehicle of the Nigerian President

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=Henry240 post=71342004]Official vehicle of the Nigerian President[/quote
Those guys are cool especially the youngest. He Sabi wear suit FBI grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2018
giles14:
sexy MRAP.

is it also a milkor product
yeah that's the problem....... Very beautiful to look at, but doubt it has the off road capabilities to take on the southern African bush.

Nothing more than a show pony!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1738) (1739) (1740) (1741) (1742) (1743) (1744) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.