Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,392 members, 7,861,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029653 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
jln115:

Well going by what you said 0 African countries will survive such an attack.

France has Reunion, they can stage attacks from there. What France lacks is good logistics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2019
darkwan:

this is what happened to gadaffi....

gadaffis libya was not that weak....look how quick they took him out....
i was surprised how quick it went....

libya under gadaffi was not that weak....
but again....i didnt knew how sophisticated all this gadgets have become back then....

you are right....

Dont forget that for gadaffi the NATO use the same old receipe like irak the embargo , libya havnt bought any new weapon during embargo from 1992 to 2003 and even after until 2011 . and khadafi was stupid to not make any big contracts after the embargo was opened directly and was occupied by false diplomatic promise and signed deals with western countries . his equipment was old and many with no maintenance . in 2011 according to source libya had only two operationnal Mirages F1 and mig 21 , mig 23 and oldies . same for its old fixed air defense systems . they received nothing new .

So a receipe used often by NATO for big countries like irak , libya .. They put you under embargo for 20 years and when your weapons are obsolete and you can no longer maintain them . they launch a large coalition attack

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darkwan: 7:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Algerian2:

Dont forget that for gadaffi the NATO use the same old receipe like irak the embargo , libya havnt bought any new weapon during embargo from 1992 to 2003 and even after until 2011 . and khadafi was stupid to not make any big contracts after the embargo was opened directly and was occupied by false diplomatic promise and signed deals with western countries . his equipment was old and many with no maintenance . in 2011 according to source libya had only two operationnal Mirages F1 and mig 21 , mig 23 and oldies . same for its old fixed air defense systems . they received nothing new .

So a receipe used often by NATO for big countries like irak , libya .. They put you under embargo for 20 years and when your weapons are obsolete and you can no longer maintain them . they launch a large coalition attack

this is what africans dont understand....europe can plan something against you for 20 years....
they are very patient....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by VoltageDivida(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Xbee007:

Don't take any psychoactive drug.
There are no ATM machines within the camp.
Go with mosquito net.
The remaining info is on their website.

Okay
Thanks a lot, I appreciate

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2019
Gendarmery show during a french delegation visit , Algeria

Start the videi at 05:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Als9JFOVa0k
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

heroine class subs have an endurance of over 50 days

50 days endurance for convention subs ?

Nuclear subs have 60 days endurance ( food reserves , crew fatigue etc )
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

50 days endurance for convention subs ?

Nuclear subs have 60 days endurance ( food reserves , crew fatigue etc )
Exactly wink

Only difference is Diesel subs need to surface to charge their batteries where as nuclear subs don't need to surface.... But in terms of endurance they are pretty much the same!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2019
Baliv254:
KDF in somalia..
Is that a minigun on the first pic or am i seeing stuff ?

https://twitter.com/kdfinfo/status/1208697889402347522?s=20

Yes. It looks like a 7.62 NATO from what I can see of the barrel in the pic. I thought they had the heavier .50 BMG , though but google shows the KDF is a user.
https://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=243

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
SANDF SOF. Left R-5, front right AK-47 with M-203 grenade launcher, middle R1/FN-FAL, back SS-77 GPMG

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:
Exactly wink

Only difference is Diesel subs need to surface to charge their batteries where as nuclear subs don't need to surface.... But in terms of endurance they are pretty much the same!
you don't know what u are talking about .....it takes 20 years+ to refuel nuclear submarine, while the it takes 2weeks to refuel a diesel submarine (maximum
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 24, 2019
PrinxArthur1:
you don't know what u are talking about .....it takes 20 years+ to refuel nuclear submarine, while the it takes 2weeks to refuel a diesel submarine (maximum
SMH....... Go do some research and come back wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

SMH....... Go do some research and come back wink

you are the one that is suppose to do the research......u know nothing.....imagine having a diesel engine to charge a battery,the diesel runs out,but when it comes to nuclear reactor,the fuel will last in accordance with the life expectancy of the submarine! The only thing that will make a nuclear submarine dock is food supply,ship clinic equipment etc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
PrinxArthur1:
you are the one that is suppose to do the research......u know nothing.....imagine having a diesel engine to charge a battery,the diesel runs out,but when it comes to nuclear reactor,the fuel will last in accordance with the life expectancy of the submarine! The only thing that will make a nuclear submarine dock is food supply,ship clinic equipment etc
And? Did I say Diesel subs don't need to be refuelled?

Now let me educate you, as I said before South African Heroine class sub has an edurance of 50 days.... Meaning it only has to refuel and replenish after 50 days, however what I also said is that after a couple of weeks it has to surface to charge its batteries, that doesn't mean it has to go back to base and refuel, batteries need oxygen to recharge hence the need to surface!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:06pm On Dec 24, 2019
Praise be to God!!!!

After much pressure from Nigerians and the US government, the junta led by the regime of Buhari has released Sowore from an illegal detention.

We must fight for a better Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:19pm On Dec 24, 2019
kabe1:
Praise be to God!!!!

After much pressure from Nigerians and the US government, the junta led by the regime of Buhari has released Sowore from an illegal detention.

We must fight for a better Nigeria.

Femi Adesina is a toothless bulldog

Wawa....

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:
But in terms of endurance they are pretty much the same!

Let's agree to disagree bro

Maybe someday we will discuss if so.

Info

SN heroine class type 209/1400
IN Shishumar class type 209/1500
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Let's agree to disagree bro

Maybe someday we will discuss if so.

let me just post this and move on wink

It's seems people have difficulty understanding the difference between endurance and the need to surface to charge batteries cool

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/resources/fact-files/fact-file-heroine-class-diesel-electric-submarine/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:
let me just post this and move on wink

It's seems people have difficulty understanding the difference between endurance and the need to surface to charge batteries cool

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/resources/fact-files/fact-file-heroine-class-diesel-electric-submarine/

Lets move on

Just for the sake of info
I would be interested if u could find a official source for the same. (50 days store)

Ie not a defence website as source
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Lets move on

But that's a website source

Just for the sake of info
I would be interested if u could find a official source for the same. (50 days store)

Yeah it's not like I have books on type 209 subs so yeah it's a website source wink

Defenceweb not official enough?

Any here is another source on the Shishumar class

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

Yeah it's not like I have books on type 209 subs so yeah it's a website source wink

Defenceweb not official enough?

Any here is another source on the Shishumar class

Same as previously, i highly doubt it

Anyways you guys looking to buy / build more submarines ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 24, 2019
Let me share something which is not know except by submariners .

A new torpedo fresh from factory is rarely loaded / fired from a submarine .

Most will disbelief it .

The new factory fresh torpedo warhead section is replaced with exercise / telemetry section and fired atleast 2 times from surface or sub surface launchers before the torpedo is allowed to be loaded into a submarine for active duty

Even though modern torpedoes are safe , this is a safety precaution to judge it's safety by actually firing it more than once

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Same as previously, i highly doubt it

Anyways you guys looking to buy / build more submarines ?

Not to be rude bro, but if you doubt accredited defence websites like Defenceweb then you should at least have irrefutable facts that at least support why you highly doubt those numbers.

And nope we are stuck with the 3 we got for the foreseeable future!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

Not to be rude bro, but if you doubt accredited defence websites like Defenceweb then you should at least have irrefutable facts that at least support why you highly doubt those numbers.

And nope we are stuck with the 3 we got for the foreseeable future!!

Just expressing my opinion , i could be right / i could be wrong.

Never implied defence web is wrong , said i doubt it .

Anyways happy new year to all
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Just expressing my opinion , i could be right / i could be wrong.

Never implied defence web is wrong , said i doubt it .

Anyways happy new year to all

just wrong in this case bro... And I say this with respect wink

And happy new year to you to my brother wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

Ok i am wrong grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Ok i am wrong grin

Is is cold or hot since SA is in Southern hemisphere ?
it hot..... Summer time!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2019
nemesis8u:

Ok i am wrong grin

I know you are just being diplomatic as not to cause a fracas grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:
I know you are just being diplomatic as not to cause a fracas grin grin grin

No I am being pragmatic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darkwan: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
jln115:

thunda fire you....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2019
I could use some thunda fire grin
Damn freezing cold

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 25, 2019
nemesis8u:

No I am being pragmatic

aggg same thing grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 10:13am On Dec 25, 2019
nemesis8u:
I could use some thunda fire grin
Damn freezing cold
lol, this comment got me laughing. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1984) (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1, Baller254 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.