Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1988) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029429 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darkwan: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2019
jln115:
aggg same thing grin grin

your own na double thunda firing....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2019
darkwan:

your own na double thunda firing....
I don't understand what you're mate..... Sorry grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
Man, is there anything wrong with you, or you're trying to pick up a fight?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
jln115:
still don't understand cool
man, it's best you ignore him
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2019
lebuhsi:
man, it's best you ignore him
chill bro I'm just trolling him wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darkwan: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
jln115:

you do know what is a troll,right....??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darkwan: 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
lebuhsi:
Man, is there anything wrong with you, or you're trying to pick up a fight?

wetin consighn you....??
shey na your fight....??

he is not conplainin....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
jln115:

Back to the topic.. hope you know that "endurance" doesn't literally mean total possible time at sea.

A lot of factors contribute to this 50 days "endurance" including multiple Replenishment At Sea (RAS) runs.

If I was an enemy say France, if I destroy your fleet replenishment vessel before its reaches out to an empty diesel/electric submarine.

How long would your submarine "endure" before it needs to snorkel?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 25, 2019
So like 2018 I'm still lazy grin grin however since this is my 6th Christmas on nairaland I decided to just repost all of my previous Xmas wishes from 2014 till present :

jln115:
So in my laziness, decided to just repost last years X-mas message......

jln115:
Merry Christmas to all my Nairaland A-holes..... Even the Atheists A-holes...... Yeah Frumentius/Frumentum and Algerian1 I'm talking to you!!

Anyway to the rest of the gang hope you have an awesome Christmas with your families.

MiddleDimension
Cannonleo
Patches689
Henry240
newafricaken254
tdayof
MikeCZA
ssaengine
Lionel4power
Activatekruger
Adminisher
andrewza
Iblawi
Fidha254
Bidexiii
Nemesis4u
kikuyu1
Covert1/Supremecourt/sandamingosan/Agaugust/Augustine
Odunayaw
Jteku
Xbee007
Ibrahimanees
QuietMynd
CaptainStephen
LTGEN
Josfactz
Jkay187
centrifude
Evarn
DictatorZAR1
jakeporeshenko
gottfried21
GreenandGold
Jayceon
giles14
M14A1
Sizzorkay
Litmus
Stephandeswardt
rugged7
ViceAdmirlAgain

Sorry if I forgot someone!!!

Didn't really have Xmas in 2016...... Was fighting fires today 3 years ago
jln115:
.... After 3 days we are still battling, probably going to have a very busy X-mas.

@nemesis2u we had to convert the Mahindra into a small fire engine due to the Water shortages the fire fighters have been facing..... Pulling a 3 ton un-braked trailer up and down a burning montain.... After 6 years this overlooked India SUV still amazes me!!!

jln115:
Merry Christmas everybody!!....well to some us anyway!! And merry Christmas in one hour to you Nigerian fvckers as well......hehehe just kidding, you guys aren't that bad, hope you guys have a wonderful Xmas with friends and family and thanks for making this thread worth while, I seriously enjoy my spare time on NL talking kak with all of you, including @Lezz and @Agaugust!!

jln115:

Merry x-mas to you and your family @Henry,may you have a wonderful and blessed day!! Will happily be back debating with you from Next year, but its time for the beach from now till then!

And MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my South African matjies on this thread, mag julle almal en jul families n baie geseende dag he,
And MERRY CHRITMAS to my Nigerian friends as well, and yes....a merry x-mas to you to @Auagust..

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
lionel4power:

Back to the topic.. 1. hope you know that "endurance" doesn't literally mean total possible time at sea.

A lot of factors contribute to this 50 days "endurance"2. including multiple Replenishment At Sea (RAS) runs.

If I was an enemy say France,3.if I destroy your fleet replenishment vessel before its reaches out to an empty diesel/electric submarine.

4.How long would your submarine "endure" before it needs to snorkel?
1. Uhm...... it literally means how long before it has to be replenished be it at sea or land

2. If you read my source it says stores for 50 days hence it would not need replenishment at sea/land for at least 50 days.

3. We are not going to France, they are coming to us, thus we can rotate our subs to ensure there is at least 2 antagonising the French fleet while one is replenished back at base.

4. Not sure, can't get an official figure from San but according to Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft it's 2 weeks for the 209/1400mod fitted with aip..... However I'm not sure if ours are though!

P. S its good to have you back on the thread wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lebuhsi(m): 5:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
darkwan:

wetin consighn you....??
shey na your fight....??

he is not conplainin....
Man, do your thing, all love!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 26, 2019
Koni II frigate

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2019
China launches a record 9 Destroyers in 1 year.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2019
Russian private military contractors in Libya.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Donian007: 2:03pm On Dec 26, 2019
jln115:
So like 2018 I'm still lazy grin grin however since this is my 6th Christmas on nairaland I decided to just repost all of my previous Xmas wishes from 2014 till present :

Didn't really have Xmas in 2016...... Was fighting fires today 3 years ago

How could you have forgotten me, make una ask question o.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 26, 2019
nemesis8u:
Let me share something which is not know except by submariners .

A new torpedo fresh from factory is rarely loaded / fired from a submarine .

Most will disbelief it .

The new factory fresh torpedo warhead section is replaced with exercise / telemetry section and fired atleast 2 times from surface or sub surface launchers before the torpedo is allowed to be loaded into a submarine for active duty

Even though modern torpedoes are safe , this is a safety precaution to judge it's safety by actually firing it more than once

Very true! That's why buying/building/operating the Torpedo Recovery Vessel is part of a sub operating cost.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2019
Donian007:
How could you have forgotten me, make una ask question o.
Sorry bro but you barely posted in the last 5 years.... Thus I don't really know who you are!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Arashizou: 7:07am On Dec 27, 2019
Old photo of the Moroccan army in Kosovo-Serbia war east Europe. Morocco has 70,000 troops deployed in war zones around the world.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 27, 2019
New version of the Nimr II , locally built in algeria . the ajban 440a with little mofication in front like the ajban 447a

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 27, 2019
Also a new variant is produced loccaly the ajban SOV 4*4

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 27, 2019
a unit of VIP protection service from the gendarmery algeria , with egyptian delegation

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2019
Two LST/Logistic Ships moroccan navy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 27, 2019
M109 A5 and AIFV B25/50 , morocco

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:23am On Dec 27, 2019
Algerian2:
New version of the Nimr II , locally built in algeria . the ajban 440a with little mofication in front like the ajban 447a
Are these vehicles License produced or Designed in Algeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 27, 2019
Toju200:
Are these vehicles License produced or Designed in Algeria

Its a license from Emirates Defence Industries Company that designed and produce a lot of different versions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 27, 2019
AK's produced loccaly algeria .

There is the algiers national production expo this days

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hailstorm45(m): 7:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
A boxer poster from rheinmetall algeria

Algeria plans to start producing 500 Boxer Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV) under license by the end of 2020.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1985) (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: mupper2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.