Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,266 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986725 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
kabe1:

You're a hopeless son of a dog.

haha shocked shocked shocked
Weytin happen?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mekussa(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
Iblawi1:
haha shocked shocked shocked
Weytin happen?

His drugs have finished.... Hope he doesn't bite anyone close to him at the moment.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2020
kabe1:

Go back to begging for pictures.
Yeah to improve my page at least I'm being polite.I also do post.....
Abeg who get pics make I go update my page

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
Toju200:
bro we have only two camo.
Kabe1 be careful with the way you speak to others you're just too abusive. If I were admin I would have banned u a long time for months can't u oppose someone without insulting.
edit: sorry didn't read your post properly.

But I must say even if officially there are only 2 camo patterns, recent pics of Nigerian soldiers on the front line suggests the old patterns haven't been phased out completely as of yet

P. S this isn't a jib at anybody... Have great respect and admiration for your boys on the front line
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
kabe1:

The purpose for that post was driven by ill-intent. Stop playing the victim.

I saw through it, and responded appropriately.
How?? What of my post had ill intent? I infact agreed with you and also like the camo of the Nigerian army, all I said was imo I would like to see a more standardised approach wrt camo patterns
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:46pm On Feb 26, 2020
jln115:
There is at least 3 or 4 worn by your regular soldiers!
How recent is this picture. You're not new to this thread, you know we standardized on 2!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
grin my comment on that brat hadn't made it past 24hrs before he showed again his psychological challenge.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 6:55pm On Feb 26, 2020
i think all of you involved in are too sensitive grin grin, jeez, wetin concern an innocent father and a dog in this matter grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2020
If you absolutely must make do with a technical, do ensure it's a Super Technical!

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
Streamlined logistics is still something a lot of militaries on our continent can't or won't get right,
for various reasons.
The elegant simplicity of standardising on 1 truck to perform multiple functions has so many innumerable benefits, it's a no brainer.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2020
...more...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
...last.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2020
Salute to the last of the Old Guards keeping this thread alive.

Jln115
nemesis8u
odunayaw
sizzokay

especially jln15 coping with some of this new id1ots.

The old days were better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
lionel4power:

Jln115
nemesis8u
odunayaw
sizzokay

Hear! Hear!
I've lurked here for a very, very long time. I despair for the depths to which this thread has sunk. Hell, the high esteem nincompoops had their occasional intelligent contribution.

Honestly don't understand why teh afore-mentioned old guard persist.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
well, for me, i work from home grin grin, like 3hrs total , a week , so got too much time on my hands grin,
besides i still have a lot to learn from Major General Toju cool grin
Lurker4Long:

Hear! Hear!
I've lurked here for a very, very long time. I despair for the depths to which this thread has sunk. Hell, the high esteem nincompoops had their occasional intelligent contribution.

Honestly don't understand why teh afore-mentioned old guard persist.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 27, 2020
Odunayaw:
How recent is this picture. You're not new to this thread, you know we standardized on 2!

pretty recent and no i was not aware the Nigerian defence force was standardised to two camo patterns.

Would be great if it was indeed so!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 10:02am On Feb 27, 2020
can we talk about intelligence capabilities?
we have talked so much about hard wares

but looking at what is obtainable in other parts of the world, one is tempted to think that the likes of DSS we have in Nigeria are just plain ineffective and incompetent. what could be the reason?why is it that other countries have better intel about our country than we do? is it just about technology?

the world of intelligence is what i know very little about and if you guys can add a bit of that to this beautiful thread, it will be much appreciated. i hope i am not derailing the thread as this still has to do with security too although less or no pictures, i suppose

@jln115

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 3:29pm On Feb 27, 2020
They should have kept low rate production of the Samil series going 2 keep the factory line open. A civilian version, (properly) marketed to Africa would have been enough to at least break even. A Samil could be made for at least half of the cost of a new Merc Zetros.
Unfortunately SAMAG (civvie version) and the ADE diesel plant was never supported by the ANC gov. and was left to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYy8BHYcEqg

Lurker4Long:
Streamlined logistics is still something a lot of militaries on our continent can't or won't get right,
for various reasons.
The elegant simplicity of standardising on 1 truck to perform multiple functions has so many innumerable benefits, it's a no brainer.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 5:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
Off topic

Just wanted to know how many of us think US just threw a biological weapon in Iran?

Just thinking out loud sha
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2020
Iblawi1:
Off topic

Just wanted to know how many of us think US just threw a biological weapon in Iran?

covid 19 grin pls o don't start WW4 here o grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
Iblawi1:
Off topic

so you tryna say they threw same on china
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Toju200:
covid 19 grin pls o don't start WW4 here o grin

There is something unique about that of Iran. Targeted at ruling class. Vice president, ministers,etc and even the rate at which it is spreading is high.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2020
lionel4power:

Jln115
nemesis8u
odunayaw
sizzokay

these are not the old guards, the old guards are those who saw the days of Sirius black, those who observed the fall of the old thread, and those who celebrated the death of courageous Hedima, those were the days to comment on the Nigerian military not today when the war against terror is beginning to look like a war against nothing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:27pm On Feb 27, 2020
grin grin its not a competition , heck i was here then still grin grin
Salatavor:
these are not the old guards, the old guards are those who saw the days of Sirius black, those who observed the fall of the old thread, and those who celebrated the death of courageous Hedima, those were the days to comment on the Nigerian military not today when the war against terror is beginning to look like a war against nothing.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2020
They replaced the Mepro M21 sight with a superior EOTech on this NNSBS Tavor. It is rugged an reliable but some users claim that the Mepro M21 is not performing good in certain light conditions, eg when shooting from a shaded or darker area and your target is in lit area.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2020
Salatavor:
we were there bro.... Well me and odunayaw at least wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Iblawi1:

There is something unique about that of Iran. Targeted at ruling class. Vice president, ministers,etc and even the rate at which it is spreading is high.
yeah I get but don't put the blame on the US.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Salatavor: 9:05pm On Feb 27, 2020
jln115:

you are a comrade.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 9:53pm On Feb 27, 2020
jln115:

you do not want to talk about intelligence?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Breaking News

At least 34 Turkish soldiers killed in air strike in Syria's Idlib, watchdog says

At least 34 Turkish soldiers were killed in air strikes in Syria's Idlib on Thursday, the Syrian Observatory, a war monitor, reported.

An earlier account by the local governor in the southeastern province of Hatay, Rahmi Dogan, said nine soldiers died in the bombardment. Dogan said the wounded soldiers were brought to hospitals in Turkey.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
MiddleDimension:

you do not want to talk about intelligence?
who's intelligence?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
RFS 494 'Admiral Grigorovich' and RFS 499 ‘Admiral Makarov' , a Admiral Grigorovich Class frigates of project 11356 leaving #Sevastopol harbor, right now,on 27 February 2020.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2026) (2027) (2028) (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.