Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,285 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59987 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Stegeson(m): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
Comrade Stan,08037841032 imo, owerri. Lets start now.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by enerah: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thats
a good idea am jude 08068394342 we can share emails and meet ourself am deltan but live in lagos so i represent l
agos/delta state email chikekk2004@yahoo.com

Mekus68: If u do this who will listen to u when the government are not even listening to those already in existence such as ASUU

Thats
a good idea am jude 08068394342 we can share emails and meet ourself am deltan but live in lagos so i represent l
agos/delta state email chikekk2004@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by SIRKOL(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Finally our youth are beginning to think about the challenges facing the country. If this can continue then we d youth we surely bcom the leaders of tomorrow!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by enerah: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Fully supported am jude 08068394342 i represent lagos and delta state one love broda let join hand and fight this fight.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
countryfirst: sound like a nice idea, lets have it registered as a
political party, insistently All of our members are yought and
graduate. lets make Nigeria work for once

And why do you think it shld be only youths and graduates? What happens to others e.g. non-graduates? Are they not Nigerians? Dont they deserve jobs in thier own little ways?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by enerah: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
Fully supported am jude 08068394342 i represent lagos and delta state one love broda let join hand and fight this fight.

23086bdc pin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Lawunmze: 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
I totally support the notion but I don't like the name. I think we should not only form a group to chat and protest. Let's find a means to generate revenue through agriculture or any business that requires little or no capital to establish in different geo-political zones. Let the agriculturist rise and give us clues. Southwest:08062322012
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
ifyegede:
True talk Ehixking. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well as you said. While I commend your idea and initiative, I've read quite a number of similar clarion calls on this forum and nothing much appeared to have been achieved prolly because their initators did not get their home work right. First things first, we need to come up with a blueprint for this new
association: one that details its aims & objectives, membership and how we hope to achieve our goals. How do we intend to engage the govt and private sector? These and more are some burning issues to address?
Next is to create awareness about the association. Thanks to
technology, its a whole lot easier to achieve that. Website/blog/forum
with steady updates, facebook page, BBM group and a dedicated whatsapp number are some ways to achieve that. We can then think of setting up state excos which would subsequently
be broken down to smaller sub-divisions with time. Members would then be grouped into their states of residence and contacts exchanged. That way it will be easier to share info and get mobilised. If all these and more were achieved, you'll see that more people (even the employed) would be willing to identify with the association. So while we wait for more people to indicate interest, let's get our acts
right else we would be confined to the dustbin of history once again. Just my 2 cents sha.

You've said it all! Thanks bruv. Very sensible contribution.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by pryzlez: 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
Another online noise making... Not until Nigerians take to the street in protest will any reasonable change be achieved.
How i wish Nigerians can act like the Egyptians even if its just for a week...
My candid advice, channel your energy into doing something productive...Not everybody is cut out for white collar jobs.

Oju lasan ko se shey were mehn... Serius ALUTA is the solution...but, who wan lead
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 8:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Una just dey post phone number and email addresses? No action? Expect nothing to happen if all of una sit down for una papa parlour dey watch season film!
Street protest is the answer! Not some Internet thing!
Set up a physical meeting with every member. I mean at the zonal levels.
Pushing your phone and laptop keypads ain't the needed kind of ALUTA.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Raymysterio(m): 8:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
kinnad: I've actually thought of a similar thing brother,but not an association of unemployed graduates. what happens when u later get gainfully employed,will u quit d association or become a senior member? I think we should just form a group of few individuals with the aim of finding ways to reduce unemployment among nigerian graduates. It will be people oriented that even after we have gotten good jobs,the group still functions. we can work together if you are ready,with few other people that are interested
to me...instead wasting resources on a senseless and meanless show like Big Brother Africa,why can't an Organisation bring about unemployed graduates...put them in a room like the so called big brother show...share this graduates into groups and make them brainstorm and come up with either a workable business plan,invent sumthing useful or even find out ways of solving a particular societal problems. Any solution that is worthwhile and that proves workable,can be adopted and implemented.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Riel99: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
I don join d group 4rm kano zone b dat.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Jhappy(f): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
This is great, bros u are wonderful! Am from south-south 08066941487 (edo) khadijat.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Its obvious a formidable movement is springing up here however if care isn't taken the spirit is gonna down down soon.
There's quick need for a website were we can start registering and chat together online. I foresee not just an unemployed graduate movement but youth movement to revolutionalise the nation in every sector. They've always been saying we're d leaders of tomorrow but every new day has a new tomorrow so when exactly is the tomorrow if not now.
If we've a website where we're all registered there will be more spirit of commitment and from there we can be talking of physical meetings more likely in zones first.
I'm very busy for now but if i see no one coming up with the site soonest. I'll quickly design one that will still enable us to register and chat enabled.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by vivienobidike(f): 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
am in
Obidike vivien S/W . can be reached on obidike_vivien@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
kinnad: Please more people should identify,we need few more hands. It doesn't matter if u're already employed,u can still be a part of this development. It will benefit u directly or indirectly. Thanks for your concern
Count me in on this. Though i'm gainfully employed, i love the initiative!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sammied(m): 10:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
I am Sammy... U can reach me on gtalk at Sammydamilola@gmail.com. Enugu.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Chillisauce: Nice one!

I wish I could help from my end!

Keep this thread alive , you never know.

Btw, Airforce1 won't see this type of thread to help him undecided
He doesn't have an SSCE-
grin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by flolancracker: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
spongeback:
He doesn't have an ssce :-
got a crush on him, huh? sad
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
I hope the thread OP is recording the contacts, views and opinions already listed out by fellow concerned NL's. The next step should be the publishing of this names, links and contacts and d creation of a common network interface for easy communication. Besides, a day should be fixed for brainstorming on the likely steps to take. And this should be in any of the online chat platforms.
Meanwhile my email is sunnycliff87@gmail.com, I represent Imo, SE. 08064572551
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by shepherdO: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote author=vivien_obidike]am in
Obidike vivien S/W. r U d Vivian 4rm OgijO.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Stino247: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Good idea, atleast two representative from each state. 08032625333 Rivers state
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 80obinna: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
Association Of Unemployed
Nigerian Graduates
my fellow brothers and sisters,
we thank God Almighty who has
given us to see the end of another
week on the face of the planet
called earth.on behalf of all naira
landers,i say a very big thank you
father.
I just thought about something
very very important that can
change our destines.have you
thought about the great
opportunites that we have as being
jobless?this might actually be a
blessing in disguise for us if we can
reason together for a purpose.i'm
suggesting that we should be
having a forum where we can see
what we can do with our lives if
these organizations, there is a
saying that two heads are better
than one.we guys are all made up
of potentials and stuff.do i hear
you saying that it is not possible or
achievable?,bro & sis., we do not
know what we can do in life until
we try or give it a trial.let us see
what we can do at each various
states of the federation.please and
please, i believe we can do
something tangible with very small
begining.we may not be realizing
as much as those of our fellows in
banks and oil company for
now,but with time we will arrive at
a location of fulfilment and
greatness.these jobs we are
looking for is but for a period and
they will ask us one day to quit or,
please let us reason together and
see how we can help those behind
us by not subjecting them to the
same thing we are passing
through now.i truly love people
behind to see us as people of
concern and change as those
ahead of us have failed.we can not
change them but we can change
the destiny of this nation call
nigeria.let us be part of
change.God bless us all and fulfil
all our desires in Jesus
Name.Amen
Do you know that there millions of
unemployed graduate in Nigeria ?
Do you know there is power in
numbers?
Do you together we can advocate for
jobs ,good government that sees to
our need .
Remember election is round the
coner together we can vote in good
government that will listen to our
needs .
government that will provide jobs for
the unemployed Nigerian graduates.
We can start by getting a forum like
this and uploading our details ,then
we can know our numbers .
Remember there is power in
numbers
God bless you all
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
For the first time ever I'm seeing Nigerian youth's showing great interest in what will benefit this present generation and the coming ones.... May thiz spirit neva DIE
ALUTA CONTINUA, VICTORIA ASCERTA

Yusuff presently in Abj but from Ibadan
successfulyusuff@yahoo.com....
2336734A

Waiting anxiously for your updates.....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 80obinna: 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
and change as those
ahead of us have failed.we can not
change them but we can change
the destiny of this nation call
nigeria.let us be part of
change.God bless us all and fulfil
all our desires in Jesus
Name.Amen
Do you know that there millions of
unemployed graduate in Nigeria ?
Do you know there is power in
numbers?
Do you together we can advocate for
jobs ,good government that sees to
our need .
Remember election is round the
coner together we can vote in good
government that will listen to our
needs .
government that will provide jobs for
the unemployed Nigerian graduates.
We can start by getting a forum like
this and uploading our details ,then
we can know our numbers .
Remember there is power in
numbers
God bless you all
this means that is if we are know our number and we have a say in who wil lead us in this country .
And I bet you the politian will come running after us for our votes.
The we all tell them wot we want
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by zelexotunla(m): 11:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Great move but not in dis way we can achieve this. First and foremost "the Op" must be updating let say every 15minutes to keep d spirit alive. He must come up with facebook account as exactly the name given here, so that we will be liking it, and if drafting aims and objectives a stage protest to be on october 1 at designated place. Let us all start building up towards dis protest. Long live #TeamNAUG#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by okeyley: 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
@OP this association need to be defined. nigerian youths are waiting
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Stino247: 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Moderator, just take down contacts of interested persons lets move on
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by leramoh(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
This a good Idea, pls let us make happen and stand up for our right ..... Am fully in support of dis . Am Gbenga presently in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
greggng: I must thank the originator of this idea. The moment we set up this, then we will be incharge of receiving any fund meant for youth skill acquisitions. Organise work shops and seminars and ensure all menbers re registered and properly documented in our data base.we will elect executives that will run the affairs of this association. If even someone gets a job!he can become an alumna of the associate . The aims and objective of this association is to draw govt attention to our plight. When we start and we re organise some good spirited individuals and companies my come to our aid as a way of coporate social responsibility
Wagbayi bro.... You've spoken well
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by koblo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Our future lies in our hands,..ehix wa gbayii,..Jah bless ..av signed up biggerly....komije,s/w(ibadan)

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Easy1401(m): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Am 100% support it. This will indicate that nigeria youth/graduate we are not lazy govt should come to our aides.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.