Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59963 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Easy1401(m): 11:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
My number is 08182424747, my email babatundeoyeleke@gmail.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by osy4u: 12:00am On Aug 20, 2013
how do we start u can update me via email.prof_osy@yahoo.co.uk i be waitin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Chrichigo(m): 1:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Interested....Good thought you got there,...I really thank God that most of our youth's brain are not asleep...
It will be a privileged to contribute to the success of this association..
My contacts are.
Gozy6960@yahoo.com
Sw..anambra...
Alert me for BBM contact..
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by thbsturvs: 3:15am On Aug 20, 2013
@NaijaUnemployed @NaijaUnemployed

A twitter account has been created for the sole purpose of hearing out and voicing out the concerns of the Unemployed Nigerians as it relates to this noble cause.

WHATEVER YOU TWEET WILL BE POSTED as long as it is in line with the cause we are all fighting for, which is to for the Nigerian government to provide competitive jobs for the unemployed and as well enabling environment for our graduate who choose to go the way of entrepreneur-ship.

This is my contribution through social media outlet to this noble cause in letting our voice be heard.

I am Michael. I stand with NAUG.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by moss123: 4:10am On Aug 20, 2013
adeaugustus: We the youths of this country should come together to achieve this goal of ours. The level of Unemployment is high and it is a due time for Us to unite as one, with one ideology and move this country forward.I am in support of this. I am from Imo State: Contact me: Moses,08063900942.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 20, 2013
In my own contribution,

1) I think discarding 'NIGERIA' in d association's name is somtng 2 b re-considerd. Let 'NIGERIA' b boldly included in dat name such dat once anybdy sees/hears it,he/she wld b able 2 know wher it's frm directly. For e.g: ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES OF NIGERIA (AUGN).

2) This assoc. shd be fully regstd.,publicised & has state branches nationwide with excos & members.

3) The management of Nairaland shld pls contribute thier own quota more by running d thread on front page 4 @least a week.

4) One strong thought evry member of d assoc. shld have is that, a lot can be achieved thru this medium if it goes beyond internet and into d street, but NOTHING, and i repeat, NOTHING 'll be achieved if all grievances are displayed here and left @ d end of d day.

It's a long over due move dat shld've taken place long b4 now. Let this start so 2 put correction in our system if not, our younger ones & children shall also b victims of this same circumstances. God forbid! BENSON (akwa ibom)
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by osenidvdg(m): 7:43am On Aug 20, 2013
oseni david no 08056753914 (south west/ondo)

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by papi365: 7:49am On Aug 20, 2013
coolestboy:
No, am an educationist interested in d teaching field nt engineering. Wil u let me knw wen the time comes?
DNT WORI,WHEN THERE IS VACANCY IN BORNO I SHALL LET U KNW. MTCHEEW
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Deshalom:

Age limit and high year of experience shud be among d problem we are facing u will see a company advertising for a position for sum1 nt more
dan 25 with 5 years experience.

Am all in. Solomon , Ibadan, 08034031010

That's true! Infact, i suggest this association shld make a fight against all those frivolous job requirements e.g. age limit, yrs of experience etc as one of thier paramounts. Age limit is one of the reasons many are unemployed. I believe as long as one is less than 40yrs, he shld be given an opportunity to work in his environs mindless of his exact age. Op, pls take note on this! Include it as one of the fights in the aims.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by lasunray(m): 8:02am On Aug 20, 2013
I really love this initiative. I believe it is going to be a giant stride towards gainful employment.
contact
name: Kanmi
email: Dynamixconsult@gmail.com number: 08034894469
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 8:09am On Aug 20, 2013
RedBenson: In my own contribution,

1) I think discarding 'NIGERIA' in d association's name is somtng 2 b re-considerd. Let 'NIGERIA' b boldly included in dat name such dat once anybdy sees/hears it,he/she wld b able 2 know wher it's frm directly. For e.g: ASSOCIATION OF UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES OF NIGERIA (AUGN).

2) This assoc. shd be fully regstd.,publicised & has state branches nationwide with excos & members.

3) The management of Nairaland shld pls contribute thier own quota more by running d thread on front page 4 @least a week.

4) One strong thought evry member of d assoc. shld have is that, a lot can be achieved thru this medium if it goes beyond internet and into d street, but NOTHING, and i repeat, NOTHING 'll be achieved if all grievances are displayed here and left @ d end of d day.

It's a long over due move dat shld've taken place long b4 now. Let this start so 2 put correction in our system if not, our younger ones & children shall also b victims of this same circumstances. God forbid! BENSON (akwa ibom)

Thanks so much benson...and please note all those sending me text messages sould always include their names and locations and calls are welcomed too
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2013
Everybody shud get a twitter account and follow @NaijaUnemployed this way we can hav an original data base of members. Then we can continue to interact, and make plans. I'm in on this one.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by riodray: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2013
Just too funny;While the OLD cameout in pretest,the YOUNG where sleeping.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ikanason(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Am in
judeumeakuana@yahoo.com
south east
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ginababy(f): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2013
Regina S/S (Cross River)0819718338
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 20, 2013
mko abiola: Hope no arrest will b made by ds greedy gvt,jus lik d Bayelsa gvt dd to unemployed graduatesduring deir protest.

This is one problem that kills Nigeria and Nigerians and put them in thier present place of dismay. FEAR! FEAR!! FEAR!!! Always afraid of something. U want a good life but yet you cant stand for it. Those protesters, do u know where they are now? Also, how come politicians and the elites dont have unemployed youths in thier families? Is this not enough to show u that u've been brain-washed over the yrs? What is wrong if u get arrested which in turn will make ur voice heard? Why cant u die first for ur sake and the sake of others? Take a look at Egyptians, am sure fear would have made u desist from being part of the protest.

AT TIMES IN LIFE, YOU DONT WAIT FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN. YOU MAKE THINGS HAPPEN EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR OWN LIFE! Take note of that!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by sunvick(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2013
""[b]National Directorate of Employment (NDE) yesterday said it has registered over 3.3 million unemployed persons in various parts of the country even as it called for extension of the period of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme by one year.

Director-General of NDE, Engr. Samuel Adelodun while addressing the Nigerian News world Leadership Forum in Abuja, stated that the figure was arrived at after a nationwide survey it conducted in July, this year.

In the figure released at the Forum, Adelodun stated that Kano state topped the list of states with 11. 07 per cent of unemployed persons indicating a total of 369, 139, followed by Lagos (353, 097); Bauchi (221, 166); Katsina (137, 365); Ebonyi (120, 072) and Jigawa (106, 049).

He added that the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has the least number of unemployed persons as it was discovered that registered unemployed persons were only 34, 638 or 1.04 per cent of the cumulative national figure.

On sex distribution of the unemployment index, he stated that males were discovered to be twice more unemployed than the females, but attributed this to cultural, religious and other factors, "which might prevent some people from coming up to register themselves as unemployed".

Grouping the data on geo-political zone basis, Adelodun explained that the North West was highest with 846, 872 (24.4 per cent), followed by the South-West 718, 789 (21.56 per cent), North East 547, 759 (16.49 per cent), South East 430, 845 (12.97 per cent); South South 401, 234 (12.03 per cent) and North Central with 386, 590 (11.60 per cent) of the unemployed.

Adelodun noted that 74 per cent of the registered unemployed persons fall within the age bracket of 15 to 34 years, adding that 65 percent of the total unemployed persons are either primary or secondary school leavers, while 18b per cent of the total had no formal education.

He listed a critical factor which inhibited the credibility of NDE studies to include inability of some people to ascertain their employment status, cultural and religious barriers, while lack of information formed another stumbling block.

The NDE boss explained that in its desire to find solutions to increasing unemployment situation in the country, it designed a lot of programmes, but lamented that neither the states nor local government councils indicated further interests after they had been exposed to such programmes through workshops.

For instance, he explained how he had conceptualized and exposed states and local government officials to methods of reducing unemployment through the designing of various skill acquisition programmes, road building and maintenance programmes, stressing that "they sooner abandoned these laudable programmes and never asker further questions about these programmes after the seminar".

He lamented the deployment of the youth to thuggery and other negative vices by politicians, stressing that "it is unfortunate that politicians use the youths in politics but abandon them when it comes to the issue of securing employment or matters that will help them in life".

On the call for two years NYSC for tertiary institutions leavers, he pointed out that the second year would enable those who had no discernible means of the preferred wage employment to be exposed to various skills that would enable them provide for themselves.

He cited the successes achieved in the Graduate Assistant Programme (GAP) scheme of NDE as one instance success which helped the organization provide skills and employment for 3,000 graduates who graduated more than three years ago.[/b]""
Can someone imagine d kind of lies we hav in our ministries. How was dis statistics deduced? When was the counting done? Was there ever an adevrt? Who can attest of been employed? When was Kano recuitment done pls? sombdy frm Kano pls confirm, cos i stand to be corrected. i just hope MAY THE SPIRIT OF THE NIGERIAN YOUTH NOT WEATHER OUT IN THE ACTUALIZATION OF THE SOLEMN GOAL OF REVOLUTIONIZING THE ECONOMIC SECTOR. I BELIEVE A THOUSAND MILE STARTS WITH A STEP. SO I PLEA TO U TODAY MY FELLOW YOUTHS JOIN HANDS TOGEDER AS WE WORK RELENTLESSLY ON ONE COURSE. LONG LIVE NAUG! GOD BLESS NIGERIAN YOUTHS!! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2013
RedBenson:

This is one problem that kills Nigeria and Nigerians and put them in thier present place of dismay. FEAR! FEAR!! FEAR!!! Always afraid of something. U want a good life but yet you cant stand for it. Those protesters, do u know where they are now? Also, how come politicians and the elites dont have unemployed youths in thier families? Is this not enough to show u that u've been brain-washed over the yrs? What is wrong if u get arrested which in turn will make ur voice heard? Why cant u die first for ur sake and the sake of others? Take a look at Egyptians, am sure fear would have made u desist from being part of the protest.

AT TIMES IN LIFE, YOU DONT WAIT FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN. YOU MAKE THINGS HAPPEN EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF YOUR OWN LIFE! Take note of that!

Nice one bruv!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Excellentmove: 9:39am On Aug 20, 2013
osenidvd@g:
oseni david no 08056753914 (south west/ondo)
da, abadie? Pls contact me, lets how we can organise Akwa/Cross zone, i'm in Calabar. emmbasseyresources@gmail.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Excellentmove: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2013
RedBenson: In my own contribution,

da, abadie? Pls contact me, lets see how we can organise Akwa/Cross zone, i'm in Calabar. emmbasseyresources@gmail.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2013
I'm just wondering if we can use the name Nigerian Union of Unemployed and Employed Graduates. This way every elite youth can be carried along. What do you think?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by mamalolu: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2013
Lets move forward,lolu frm lagos 08064845717 email eppelomo2001@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Excellent move: da, abadie? Pls contact me, lets see how we can
organise Akwa/Cross zone, i'm in Calabar.
emmbasseyresources@gmail.com

My nos. are on the page. U can contact me though i will still send u a mail. Nice one!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Donlexino(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2013
Am in,richy south south zone(delta) 08071557783
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 20, 2013
spongeback:
He doesn't have an SSCE-
grin

grin you might be right
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Juenwume: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2013
Kel plz may i ve ur number plz so i could call u on one
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2013
@oliseh:

to be frank, d nigerian youth av had it to d full, to d extent dat tempers are boiling and they are lookin for som sort of ways to pour out deir heart and make demselves heard....haba, for a fairly long time d youth of dis country av been sidelined,.. it is tym to take d bull by d horn...i for one dnt care about d name, its d objectives dat we aim to achieve in dis forum dat count nt d name, for me d name is attractive and explanatory at first glance, and which i tink is gud for a newly conceived forum.... and i am re-itterating here dat am in full support of dis movement..
and also, dere are som educated illiterate who feel dey av a job and so its non of ur business,..well we all knw dat in nigeria, job security is neva guaranteed,..dere is high probability dat if u loose a job today, u can remain jobless for d rest of ur life due to fewer job opportunities,..so it shuldnt jux be for unemployed only, but for all nigerian who crave for a better life 4 demselves, loved ones and most importantly deir future generatns unborn.....GOD.bless nigeria
thank you jare .you have spoken well! they are enemy of progress . even the Bible said we should work out our salvation with fear and trembling. I.e heaven help those who help themselves.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by thbsturvs: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2013
[b][/b]
@NaijaUnemployed @NaijaUnemployed
A twitter account has been created for the sole
purpose of hearing out and voicing out the
concerns of the Unemployed Nigerians as it
relates to this noble cause.
WHATEVER YOU TWEET WILL BE POSTED as long
as it is in line with the cause we are all fighting for,
which is to for the Nigerian government to
provide competitive jobs for the unemployed
and as well enabling environment for our
graduate who choose to go the way of
entrepreneur-ship.
This is my contribution through social media
outlet to this noble cause in letting our voice be
heard.
I am Michael. I stand with NAUG.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2013
infobiz9ja: Here's my contribution to the topic www.nairaland.com/1379452/premium-vacancies-nairaland-job-seekers
your ignorance is impressive! com"n carry this ya connection decorated job vacancies commot from here.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by PStacks(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Govt is supposed to be paying every Un-employed graduate _n-employment Benefits, that way govt would wake up to her responsibility of creating jobs when they see how much they pay un-employed graduates..

You can't go and Serve NYSC, earn 19k5 per month during service from FG and when you are done serving you don't get a Job and fall on zero from 19k5.. That is wicked of the Govt..

Un-employment benefits must be employed for the govt to wake up.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kellyohhh2010y: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
I like this idears but do u know y? Untill youth rise up and say no to unimplyment I mean let their be war against this evil leaders,finally we have to adopt ghana patern period

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Brila FM Sacks Murphy Ijemba (radio Paparazi), Sean Amadi Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.