Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? (3238 Views)

Lagos Girl Adds Boyfriend’s Wife On Bb,tells Her I Will Deal With You(live Chat) / When You Offend Your Mother Inlaw Before Going To Work -pics / how would you address your mother-inlaw if she is younger than you? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
It was kinda funny how my mum popped that question....
I happened to be in the kitchen this evening, trying to make up something for dinner, when my mum walked in and was like: 'eh nne, mgbo, can you live-in with your mother-inlaw for 2 years?
To be frank, I was so confused, and the expression on my face made her laugh so hard...and even increased when I answered,'doesnt she have a house..?'. We didnt really discuss such this evening, so I wondered where she could have gotten her 'jamb' qquestion from.
'Well, I heard it over the radio, so I thought I should ask to know your own view'...that was her answer to my wonderment.

So now, I am asking you (guys and ladies), whats your own view on that...?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
I reject it for even my enemy. For a guy, it is totally emasculating n evil. If it is a comfortable single room we can afford, then so be it.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
I actually meant, she, the mother-inlaw, coming to live with you and your husband or wife in your own house...even if its a one-room apartment.....?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I actually meant, she, the mother-inlaw, coming to live with you and your husband or wife in your own house...even if its a one-room apartment.....?

I dont mind so far the house is big enough...but there must be a time limit. same for all family members.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
mitwitdot: I reject it for even my enemy. For a guy, it is totally emasculating n evil. If it is a comfortable single room we can afford, then so be it.
na wa o..

Is this marriage thing really worth it..¿

Never knew in-laws are synonymous to evil spirits.
smh..
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Daresh(f): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
Men I love my mother in law o, but I cannot live with her for even 2 months.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Daresh: Men I love my mother in law o, but I cannot live with her for even 2 months.

My God...
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
I can, if she is not like Patience Ozokwor gringrin
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Tolexander: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
It was kinda funny how my mum popped that question....
I happened to be in the kitchen this evening, trying to make up something for dinner, when my mum walked in and was like: 'eh nne, mgbo, can you live-in with your mother-inlaw for 2 years?
To be frank, I was so confused, and the expression on my face made her laugh so hard...and even increased when I answered,'doesnt she have a house..?'. We didnt really discuss such this evening, so I wondered where she could have gotten her 'jamb' qquestion from.
'Well, I heard it over the radio, so I thought I should ask to know your own view'...that was her answer to my wonderment.

So now, I am asking you (guys and ladies), whats your own view on that...?
i don't really understand your question.
Do you mean living in the mother inlaw's house or the mother inlaw coming to live with us?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Daresh(f): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
acidosis™:

My God...

Which one is My God ? When you live with someone, see finish always sets in and insults come in.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
acidosis™:

na wa o..

Is this marriage thing really worth it..¿

Never knew in-laws are synonymous to evil spirits.
smh..

never said in-laws r evil. Living with extended family for prolong period is just too much headache.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Kosigift(f): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
There should be a gud reason why my MIL will leave her house and job to come stay @ my place for 2yrs! shocked
If she has some health related issues then I won't mind at all, abi she go just come our house sidon dey look like say she no get work abi wetin??
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Daresh:

Which one is My God ? When you live with someone, see finish always sets in and insults come in.

Yes, but thats not enough reason for one to isolate himself/herself from relatives (in-laws or not).

I know most Nigerian ladies specifically dislike their mother in-laws..
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
mitwitdot:

never said in-laws r evil. Living with extended family for prolong period is just too much headache.

Hmn.. for a young couple, I'll try to agree with you..

But I'm sure you'll change your mindset when you clock 40,50..

For instance, my cousins are as free as birds in my family house.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2013
Tolexander: i don't really understand your question.
Do you mean living in the mother inlaw's house or the mother inlaw coming to live with us?
Actually, it was already stated (3rd post) but it seems you didnt read through..... I will repeat nonetheless.
Can you live-in with your mother-inlaw, in your house, for 2 years?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
acidosis™:

Hmn.. for a young couple, I'll try to agree with you..

But I'm sure you'll change your mindset when you clock 40,50..

For instance, my cousins are as free as birds in my family house.

One of the problems, is "FREEDOM". It can be abused n misused. Since you av state its your Family house, I think every member has a right to live in the house.

@maria-Gorietti, no attempt to derail your thread
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
mitwitdot:

One of the problems, is "FREEDOM". It can be abused n misused. Since you av state its your Family house, I think every member has a right to live in the house.

@maria-Gorietti, no attempt to derail your thread
no problems, hon, as far its a fact concerning the topic.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Tolexander: 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
Actually, it was already stated (3rd post) but it seems you didnt read through..... I will repeat nonetheless.
Can you live-in with your mother-inlaw, in your house, for 2 years?
i can live with her for as many as possible depending on the type of woman she is(not mama G type) though i don't think and pray to have a wicked and wack mother inlaw cos the family of my bride is one of my criteria.

It will be better having an elder if possible, mother inlaw to be in ones home to help in supervising our children most especially, parents that are occupationally occupied rather than looking for an house maid.

This is african for goodness sake.

Moreover, she isn't coming to be a rival to her daughter or son.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by callola: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
U guys are funny, i lived wit my mil for a yr b4 staying wit my dh, right now she is wit us. She pamper me wella and even treat me better than her kids. It depends on d type of mil u have. Besides, one day u wil b in her position
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
Tolexander: i can live with her for as many as possible depending on the type of woman she is(not mama G type) though i don't think and pray to have a wicked and wack mother inlaw cos the family of my bride is one of my criteria.

It will be better having an elder if possible, mother inlaw to be in ones home to help in supervising our children most especially, parents that are occupationally occupied rather than looking for an house maid.

This is african for goodness sake.

Moreover, she isn't coming to be a rival to her daughter or son.
'moreover she isnt coming coming to be a rival to her daughter or son'... I sort of agree but how are you sure she wont be a rival to her son's wife or daughter's husband...?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2013
If my mother in law would treat me the same way my mum treats my sister in law, I don't mind staying forever and ever
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Tolexander: 7:02am On Aug 11, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
'moreover she isnt coming coming to be a rival to her daughter or son'... I sort of agree but how are you sure she wont be a rival to her son's wife or daughter's husband...?
my maternal grandma came to stay with us and she was never a rival to my dad till she died in our house. Likewise many of my family friends.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Daresh(f): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
acidosis™:

Yes, but thats not enough reason for one to isolate himself/herself from relatives (in-laws or not).

I know most Nigerian ladies specifically dislike their mother in-laws..

Please do you know "most" Nigerian ladies? I see my mother in law almost everyday and I enjoy her company. I cannot isolate myself from her and I love her, but, I cannot live with her. I don't want her to live with me because I don't want our close relationship to end.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by xynerise: 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
Why would your mother-inlaw live with you for 2years? She no get husband? You want conji to kill ur father-inlaw?

1 Like

Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
xynerise: Why would your mother-inlaw live with you for 2years? She no get husband? You want conji to kill ur father-inlaw?

hahahahaha....good point.
What if the father-inlaw is dead already?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by xynerise: 1:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
hahahahaha....good point.
What if the father-inlaw is dead already?
Your father-inlaw should have an apartment before he died, so she should be there. If she is too old or feeling lonely, then employ a maid to take care of her. You can show some care by visiting her every weekend and buying her gifts.

What happens if you stay in a room apartment? She go begin dey hear when u and ur husband dey do night exercise abi?

1 Like

Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
xynerise:
Your father-inlaw should have an apartment before he died, so she should be there. If she is too old or feeling lonely, then employ a maid to take care of her. You can show some care by visiting her every weekend and buying her gifts.

What happens if you stay in a room apartment? She go begin dey hear when u and ur husband dey do night exercise abi?
hahahaha....you know, my mum laughed out loud at that comment of yours.
So, honey, your view is a no no, right?
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by xynerise: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
hahahaha....you know, my mum laughed out loud at that comment of yours.
So, honey, your view is a no no, right?
Obviously grin.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
Frankly, i dont know why people make stuff like this such an issue. I told my hubby that i want his family to consider our home as their home if they ever need to. I wouldnt bat an eyelid at his mum coming to stay if she had to. It wont be a walk in the park but then when was family ever totally easy? we'd fight, laugh, love ,live and make up and i can only see it making the bond stronger, even if my MIL was the devil herself. Its all about the mind
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
Except on the grounds of ill health,why will she leave her home to stay with me?I won't even want my own mother staying with me,people should remain in their own homes.life is less complicated that way.

1 Like

Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
'ITS ALL ABOUT THE MIND'...... I love that.
Re: Can You Live-in With Your Mother-inlaw For 2 Years...? by MariaGoretti: 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bludeville: Frankly, i dont know why people make stuff like this such an issue. I told my hubby that i want his family to consider our home as their home if they ever need to. I wouldnt bat an eyelid at his mum coming to stay if she had to. It wont be a walk in the park but then when was family ever totally easy? we'd fight, laugh, love ,live and make up and i can only see it making the bond stronger, even if my MIL was the devil herself. Its all about the mind
Even if its a one-room apartment?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Got Stabbed By A Friend. Please Advice. / 10 Things Guys Do During Heartbreaks / My Girlfriend’s Mother Is Pregnant For Me; But It’s Not My Fault!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.