Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,243 members, 7,957,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:18 PM

Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls (16138 Views)

US VP Calls Jonathan, Backs Use Of Card Reader - Thecable / Home | News | Jonathan Backs Push For New Revenue Formula..... / President Jonathan Backs Out Of Presidential Debate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by kosire(m): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2013
soludo all the way. Gej knws too well that he had to make the right choice, and the right choice he did make. Ngige n andy, u ar history .in anambra state politics.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by juju2008(f): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2013
Soludo could still go back to PDP afterwards and that will be a heavy blow on APGA. All the same I think Anambra people are more interested in voting a genuine person as opposed to Party favourites.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2013
Soludo Kai ga so, APGA 2014.

Gej 2015, PDP 2015.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Onlytruth(m): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2013
alpha conde: I hope the legislators contesting will resign before the polls. Someone please clarify this.

I hope so too, though I doubt it. They are elected for their tenure. They only resign if they win another position.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by kenbee(f): 9:29am On Aug 13, 2013
I can see everything turning around in my beloved Anambra State for our good.
What a perfect combination
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by nwabumalyahoo: 9:29am On Aug 13, 2013
if soludo contest under APGA i will definitly give him my vote
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by nerodenero: 9:30am On Aug 13, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Can someone tell me why GEJ should not be suspended by PDP for anti-party activities?

A PDP president supporting a governor of another party against the candidate of his own party. Or is PDP not contesting the same election? GEJ is too desperate for 2015 and will sacrifice anything for it.
This is just mere speculations. Until the president is found guilty of the above, he hasn't done anything wrong.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:36am On Aug 13, 2013
Soludo is definately flying high with the highest approval of the land.

See support, guess one good turn deserves another.

Soludo carry go, u are already the governor.

APGA AND PDP alliance is something of envy.

The east can have APGA Govs and PDP Reps and Senators.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Ndata(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2013
Jonatnan is pitching his tent with the winning team in Anambra.Nice move Presido! As long as PDP in Anambra is being run and manipulated by charlatans like the Uba brothers then he did the right thing party affiliations notwithstanding.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 13, 2013
President Jonathan supports the Best among all. Party sentiments apart.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by nduchucks: 9:39am On Aug 13, 2013
Onlytruth: It is only smart that GEJ supports APGA and supports Soludo to win Anambra.
It is in HIS interest to do so.

(1)This support for Soludo proves conclusively that GEJ is an unprincipled politician who puts his personal interests above that of his own part and who has no issue whatsoever with prostitution.

(2)This is a also an admission by the President that in Nigeria, you cannot win a statewide election without the support of the Governor of the state in question.

(3)Onlytruth remains politically unsophisticated just like his leaders in the East. dolos

For now, the only certainty is that GEJ will lose in 2015 if he does not make peace with Amaechi and the Governors who support Amaechi.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Delafruita(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2013
Eze Promoe: Soludo, Soludo k'anyi g'eso
M'o n'eje eje
M'o n'ala ala
Soludo k'anyi g'eso

Ebe k'anyi ga ebinye aka
Ebe eselu okuko
Ebe k'anyi ga ebinye aka
Ebe edelu APGA

APC ko ife ana akpo ya jenu Maiduguri. Ala Igbo juru unu aju tongue
english please
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Marotzke(m): 9:44am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111: I tire o.
The way some of these so-called opposition reason is baffling.
If GEJ wanted to guarantee his 2015 political victory,he would have gone for a PDP candidate.
The PDP candidate most probably will be Andy Uba.he controls the party machinery in Anambra. So that during inauguration, OBJ will be chanting Winner ooo Winner to the chagrin of Anambra people. Mbanu.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2013
If OPC, oh sorry APC, can't win East or Presidential election, the southwest will reject dem and return to PDP. Mark these words.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Onlytruth(m): 9:48am On Aug 13, 2013
ndu_chucks:

(1)This support for Soludo proves conclusively that GEJ is an unprincipled politician who puts his personal interests above that of his own part and who has no issue whatsoever with prostitution.

(2)This is a also an admission by the President that in Nigeria, you cannot win a statewide election without the support of the Governor of the state in question.

(3)Onlytruth remains politically unsophisticated just like his leaders in the East. dolos

For now, the only certainty is that GEJ will lose in 2015 if he does not make peace with Amaechi and the Governors who support Amaechi.

I correctly predicted nearly ALL political outcomes in Nigeria for years now. I can see political trajectories and curvatures very clearly. I even foresaw this Soludo move even before he actually made the move.
I believe that I am one of the reasons Soludo is very popular in Nairaland. Go back to the last Anambra guber elections here in Nairaland and see my posts then. I believe in the man and have constantly made his case here.

As for GEJ losing in 2015, all I can say is DREAM ON BRO.
As long as Anthony Anenih is the PDP BOT chair, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. All things being equal. cool
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by solomon111(m): 9:51am On Aug 13, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Soludo is definately flying high with the highest approval of the land.

See support, guess one good turn deserves another.

Soludo carry go, u are already the governor.

APGA AND PDP alliance is something of envy.

The east can have APGA Govs and PDP Reps and Senators.
True.
It's becoming an alliance.
APGA should spread their tentacles and capture all the SE states and maybe project power to SS.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111: True.
It's becoming an alliance.
APGA should spread their tentacles and capture all the SE states and maybe project power to SS.

No the South South belongs to PDP.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Kulas: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
I have said it severally in this forum that now Soludo has a brighter chances of becoming the next governor of Anambra state if:1.Anambrarians failed to zone it to Anambra North. 2.Ngige failed to decamp from Alhaji Peoples Congress(APC).3.Uba brothers(electoral riggers)did not find opportunity to rig.I am not from Anambra but i know Anambra politics more than my own state.I mentioned also that Soludo has read the hand writing on the wall on PDP and decamped to APGA.Ifeanyi Uba is money bag politician and a learner.For Ngige,I was once pro Ngige and has advised that he left APC,having been the only strong contender(threat)to other parties,but he paid deaf ear and stick to APC,he will surely regret his action,because for all i know APC,we igbos(more than 85%) dont want to hear the name APC let alone voting for them.Believe it or not!.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Can someone tell me why GEJ should not be suspended by PDP for anti-party activities?

A PDP president supporting a governor of another party against the candidate of his own party. Or is PDP not contesting the same election? GEJ is too desperate for 2015 and will sacrifice anything for it.

What do you expect from a Kindergarten president? He ran to the enemy camp for milk instead of taking them as meat. Such a lazy and clueless president.

He did the same thing in Ondo state by supporting Mimiko during the guber race.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by solomon111(m): 9:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

No the South South belongs to PDP. Nigeria is a T
I know.
But you know the SS is politically unpredictable especially at the state level.
Even APC has a SS state just because of oshiomhole.
APGA just needs to woo pat utomi and they may win delta state.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2013
Soludo the solution all the way. Up soludo, up ndi anambra, up the light of the nation. The home of illustrous sons and daughters. Ndi eji eje mba. Proudly Aguata.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by solomon111(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What do you expect from a Kindergarten president? He ran to the enemy camp for milk instead of taking them as meat. Such a lazy and clueless president.

He did the same thing in Ondo state by supporting Mimiko during the guber race.
mimiko is probably the best governor in the SW,all things being equal.
Which is why he won a land-slide victory in ondo.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by emmddy: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2013
that is anti- party, he need to be suspended like Amechi................................ embarassed embarassed undecided undecided[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:06am On Aug 13, 2013
solomon111: I know.
But you know the SS is politically unpredictable especially at the state level.
Even APC has a SS state just because of oshiomhole.
APGA just needs to woo pat utomi and they may win delta state.

Are u sure Pat Utomi can win Delta State?

What is his Ideology?

I know he is currently on a charm offensive with the westerners.

Well, don't know wat he has to offer, he is not looking my way. cheesy

Nway, PDP is strong in the south south becos of the ethnic diversity of the region and Northern misrule, they will prefer the middle way.

Edo like Imo are swingers. Nywhere bele face.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Ogojohn(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2013
Onlytruth:

It is not about what Soludo may do (or not do) to support Jonathan in 2015. It is rather what ANAMBRA VOTERS will do in 2015.
APGA is silently GEJ leaning.
That will continue to be so if GEJ supports the best in APGA to emerge and win.
PDP is not popular or organized well at the local level in Anambra state. If GEJ supports an unpopular candidate, that candidate will lose, and drag Jonathan along in his loss. Not smart politics.

So, either way, once GEJ supports Soludo (a clearly credible candidate), Anambra voters will remember that in 2015.
BTW I don't believe that Soludo will turn against GEJ (his chief supporter). Nigerian presidents are too powerful to fall victim of such scams. Ask Amaechi.
And who told you that S0LUDO will be the candidate of choice in APGA albeit ANAMBRA state.. It is too early to make that conclusion. stop being selfish.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by jfxt: 10:13am On Aug 13, 2013
Party or no Party, CC deserve the seat
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by gentlegg(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2013
Unfortunately most people chanting Soludo's name are not resident in Anambra state. GEJ can support whoever he cares to but nominating a particular candidate is not the issue, but will he win? No Anambrarian, i repeat no Anambrarian will win Chris Ngige in any election in Anambra state. The only person that could have really challenge Ngige is Peter Obi and fortunately he ain't contesting again. Though am not an Aanmbrarian but resides therein, Ngige is the best thing that have ever happened in Anambra politics and still the best thing that could happen to Anambra in the next gubernatorial election. So GEJ can contest with Soludo for all I care, if the masses vote are to count, Ngige have won already.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Bobby4090: 10:19am On Aug 13, 2013
OsunOriginal:

And can someone also tell me why Tinubu and his Chief Deportation Officer Fashola should not have been suspended by ACN or APC for secretly supporting GEJ to sweep the South West in the last presidential election thereby betraying Ribadu who is their party presidential candidate.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by Onlytruth(m): 10:19am On Aug 13, 2013
Ogojohn: And who told you that S0LUDO will be the candidate of choice in APGA albeit ANAMBRA state.. It is too early to make that conclusion. stop being selfish.

We are all prognosticating here, thats all. And in that line of thought, I know that Anambra State citizens HATE zoning with a passion. We don't like it because it will bring MEDIOCRITY to our beloved state. We want the best, and only the best.
It is a popular opinion in Nigeria, Igboland, SE, and Anambra that Soludo is a very formidable candidate and a great leadership material for Anambra state at this time, to continue the "all-sector development" that Peter Obi instituted through ANIDS.
If I were to take a selfish position, I would support Ifeanyi Uba my townsman.
So let us stop strange clannish tendencies because it is alien to Anambra and will not serve us well.

Vote for CC Soludo, the Solution! cool
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by victorD3: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2013
OsunOriginal:

The sooner you stop believing everything a hungry journalist scrables down the better for you.
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by dandollaz: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2013
Soludo oyaooo since ngige don Sell ndigbo to fashola apc
Re: Jonathan Backs Soludo For Anambra Guber Polls by EPOMA(m): 10:29am On Aug 13, 2013
Youngzedd: Oga GEJ knows better person.
I like his reaction in this case.

Soludo all the way.....
If it Ameachi now , una go suspend am for anti party activities . sick people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanitation Violation: 170 Caged In Enugu (Photos, Video) / Imoh Williams, LGA Chairman Suspended Over Assault On Man Who Called Him Out / Dangote Refinery Ranked Above 10 Biggest European Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.