Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia (14135 Views)

Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Rotary International To Support Humanity (photos) / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty Internationa / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by malc619(m): 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
FP things....

Mukina I love you...

grin grin

Eko Oni baje oooo!!

cool
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Omexonomy: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
Those people that owns the land where people who were resettle their from their original settlement to to give way for the building of national theatre, marine bridge, and the almighty and expensive apapa GRA. The documents sign betw them with the govt are their with the oba of ojora land yet fashole ignored it.
iresearcher: This is my argument.
I have a land somewhere in a city.I leave it unused for some time
You go to the land and erect shanties,slums etc.I come back several years after
and I ask you to leave because I now need my land to do something meaningful then you start
crying blue murder.
The truth be told, provided you did not buy the land and it is not your inheritance, you
do not have any claim to it whatsoever.
It amazes me how some organisations make noise out of nothing. Even outside of the country,
despite the fact that the land is yours or your inheritance, you are still told what and how to build
on it because there is a master plan. If you left your village without penny, what do you expect
in the city,inherit someones land or property?

Please lets use our brains before we make comments abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by mencade5(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
*keke, I want drop for here*

in D'banj's voice: driver abeg give me my ten naira change.

Back to topic: No comment
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
moodswing(m): 12:31pm
I hear something like this in Fashola's mind..

I hereby move that poor people should not be part of our decent society.

If they can't afford to pay toll, buy/rent a decent house, pay ridiculous taxes and STFU, then they are not qualified to be part of our great Lagos state and should give up the ghost or hug the transformer.

NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Pro-Aggressive o'ni baje oooo

Afro connect: 12:35pm
Fashola build mass housing estates for the youths in Lekki,Ikeja and mainland areas of the state.accommodation is so expensive.if the youths can get nice miniflats in Lekki axis for 200thousand naira a year I think it will help and as well compete with the Landlords.pls build storey buildings for upcoming youths-these landlords are ripping us or you want us to live with our parents forever.
The only buildings I see are for the rich or those with rich parents or girls hussling rich old corrupt politicians.

Fascistshola u again, u be serial offender...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Youngzedd(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
dasparrow:

Please don't make this a tribe issue. Are the beggars, the poor and the destitute living in Lagos all from other parts of Nigeria ONLY? I am getting tired of all this unnecessary tribalism you people display here on Nairaland but when Nigerians get treated like crap overseas, you people will want to complain. I am sure you have poor people who are Lagos indigenes living in those slums too or are Lagos indigines all rich? I know Gov Fashola means well but he should have temporarily moved the people somewhere more habitable until the flats are completed.

Na your papa born you.

+100

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Delafruita(m): 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Youngzedd: Building the flat isn't the problem, but the rate those that will occupy it will pay.
thats a different ballgame.the government has a duty to encourage the influx of mortgage firms to allow people buy such homes and spread payment over a couple of years.the state government cannot do that,thats up to the FG through its different organizations.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by malc619(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
deeptesting:

Young man nobody is laying claim to the purported land and nobody is saying slums should not be developed, what we are saying is government responsibility towards its poor citizens who lives in slums...keep your bigotry at home and don't bring it to a public forum, you think everyone in the slums of Lagos are non-indigenes? We also have Lagosians living in slums...drop your myopic view of issues and embrace looking at matters from a wholistic perspective as it affects Nigerians.

LASG isn't "father-Christmas". Don't come to Lagos from your village hoping for Fashola to build a house for you and your children...

How many free houses has your Kindergarten President built for the poor in Bayelsa state??

cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by naijaswag1: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
They said he is the most admired governor, they all believed.
With a single action, he pulled the rug off his feet to reveal the dirt hidden in the rug.
He is being heckled from all sides. Not only his countrymen but the international community have reminded him of what a Holy Man said some 2000 years ago that "you will always have the poor among you"
He did it to himself, it was not an anti-party gang up. The spiral effect of his singular action has destroyed some people's political ambition somewhere in the SE. He cannot even venture that zone because he will be deported on arrival, maybe he will never campaign there when he hopes to run for presidency.
He forgot the fundamentals of being a public figure.
The over 90% of poor people in this country now regard him as their enemy because he will not fail to displace them if he has his way in other to build mega cities.
If he becomes president, he will banish everyone who does not have a job, everyone who is poor to the countryside so he could build mega cities.
In Fact he hates national integration.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by colombiana: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
All I can say is fashola is not loved ny the poor but respected by the rich, time for election u wud see the same poor ple runnin the streets for fashola and his kind for peanuts let the rich and their children do that and the poor shud stop complaining, someone who gives u a tent only to go back and take ur homes, when the wind of wealth and greed comes blowin ur tent is taken and u start complainin. Mtcheww. Don't forget its the same man who bought helmet for okada riders only for him to ban and seize and even demolish the okadas. Hmmmmmn very funny indeed

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
soloafe: this APC Are would have send all the poor from nigeria had they been in the federal government Nigerians shine ur eye. come 2015. and vote wisely

Pathetic response from you no doubt!

What do most of us take Govt for? Father Christmas? We have carried on with this terrible attitude for donkey years not caring a hoot in d world about the socioeconomic effects of our actions

Any time the govt takes a corrective action on a wrong situation ab initio,most of us will be shouting relocation,compensation,marginalisation and all sort

Some people took laws into their hands and turned a refuse dump into a home committing all manner of illegal and shady activities,prostitution,armed robbery,drug abuse etc is not tenable in a sane country

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Delafruita(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
dasparrow:

Please don't make this a tribe issue. Are the beggars, the poor and the destitute living in Lagos all from other parts of Nigeria ONLY? I am getting tired of all this unnecessary tribalism you people display here on Nairaland but when Nigerians get treated like crap overseas, you people will want to complain. I am sure you have poor people who are Lagos indigenes living in those slums too or are Lagos indigines all rich? I know Gov Fashola means well but he should have temporarily moved the people somewhere more habitable until the flats are completed.
your first mistake was to assume those people had a right to be there in the first place.if you didnt assume that,then you would opine that he should have relocated them temporarily.
your second mistake was to assume that there should be a temporary relocation.that will be under the assumption that the flats been constructed will be handed over to them upon completion as their permanent abode.am certain you are aware this is government of lagos and not prophet TB joshua.
your third mistake was to assume that government will take up the duty of relocating that number of people to a place "more habitable".you seem to forget that these people turned government's land to a slum.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by naijaswag1: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
With a single action, he pulled the rug off his feet to reveal the dirt hidden in the rug.
He is being heckled from all sides. Not only his countrymen but the international community have reminded him of what a Holy Man said some 2000 years ago that "you will always have the poor among you"
He did it to himself, it was not an anti-party gang up. The spiral effect of his singular action has destroyed some people's political ambition somewhere in the SE. He cannot even venture that zone because he will be deported on arrival, maybe he will never campaign there when he hopes to run for presidency.
The over 90% of poor people in this country now regard him as their enemy because he will not fail to displace them if he has his way in other to build mega cities.
If he becomes president, he will banish everyone who does not have a job, everyone who is poor to the countryside so he could build mega cities.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Donmichaelz(m): 12:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
How to explain dis story to ur Kids

Fashola is dead and gone to his grave ummmm ha gone to his grave dey planted an akpu tree over his head ummmm ha over his head there came d Militant to pick dem all up ummmm ha pick em all up Fashola got up and gave dem a knock....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Donmichaelz(m): 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Abeg like these post,d highest like I ever had was 2 and it was my other two account

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
homesteady:

The way some people spew trash amazes me!!
Then where should the poor lagosians go to?
Or is it non-indigenes that make up the most percentage of the poor people in lagos?

When will Nigerians stop equating poverty with lawlessness and filth? Being poor is no excuse to constitute a nuisance to society by constructing sketchy eye-sores in random places in the name of accommodation.

The governor of Lagos state is battling lawlessness, not poor people. This is what governors in normal countries do. But because the majority of Nigerians are so used to a lawless existence, they equate his actions with oppression. Nigerian people are Nigeria's problem.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Omexonomy: 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
Most of the landlord their are originally lagosians from ojora family.
dasparrow:

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by moodswing(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2013
and I ask you to leave because I now need my land to do something meaningful then you start
crying blue murder.
The truth be told, provided you did not buy the land and it is not your inheritance, you
It amazes me how some organisations make noise out of nothing. Even outside of the country,
despite the fact that the land is yours or your inheritance, you are still told what and how to build
on it because there is a master plan. If you left your village without penny, what do you expect

Wise man make I tell you...

The government has a binding social contract with it's citizens. This contract contains certain duties and responsibilities of the government. And one of the duties of the government is to "provide" for it's citizens. Both the rich an the poor.

The govement builds infrastructures like hospitals, roads, schools etc. and majority of these infrastructures are cited in the urban areas. Now how does a poor man who resides in the rural area with no access to these roads, schools and hospitals benefit from the government which he also has as much tights to as those living in the cities?

In a democracy, the government derives it's powers from the citizens, which invariably means that the citizens are sovereign.

It's is a breach of this social contract for the government to render it's citizens homeless instead of doing otherwise.

Lagosians are not only those who can afford houses but also those who can't and the government have a moral obligation to satisfy these people in different social statuses.

So you're argument is weak and of no substance.

Only an irresponsible government t renders it's citizens homeless in the name of development.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by naijaswag1: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
jesuslovesme123:

When will Nigerians stop equating poverty with lawlessness and filth? Being poor is no excuse to constitute a nuisance to society by constructing sketchy eye-sores in random places in the name of accommodation.

The governor of Lagos state is battling lawlessness, not poor people. This is what governors in normal countries do. But because the majority of Nigerians are so used to a lawless existence, they equate his actions with oppression. Nigerian people are Nigeria's problem.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by malc619(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
moodswing:

Wise man make I tell you...

The government has a binding social contract with it's citizens. This contract contains certain duties and responsibilities of the government. And one of the duties of the government is to "provide" for it's citizens. Both the rich an the poor.

The govement builds infrastructures like hospitals, roads, schools etc. and majority of these infrastructures are cited in the urban areas. Now how does a poor man who resides in the rural area with no access to these roads, schools and hospitals benefit from the government which he also has as much tights to as those living in the cities?

In a democracy, the government derives it's powers from the citizens, which invariably means that the citizens are sovereign.

It's is a breach of this social contract for the government to render it's citizens homeless instead of doing otherwise.

Lagosians are not only those who can afford houses but also those who can't and the government have a moral obligation to satisfy these people in different social statuses.

So you're argument is weak and of no substance.

Only an irresponsible government t renders it's citizens homeless in the name of development.

Poverty isn't an excuse for lawlessness. Being poor doesn't give you the right to live under Oshodi bridge, shyte in the gutter and procreate in bus-stops!!

If Lagos is too hard for you to survive move back to your village!!

Abi dem bury their placenta for Lagos

Why do people prefer to live like pigs and goats in Lagos when they can afford a decent living in their villages??

cool

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by deeptesting(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Delafruita:
government definitely has a responsibility to the poor but that responsibility does not include relinquishing its land to them to create slums of.it doesnt matter if they are indigenes or not

Yes and that government responsibility you mentioned is to bulldoze the houses of the poor dwellers, throw them to the streets and when they become artificial destitute as created by the government they arrest them and deport them to their home state...my friend if the LASG is responsible they will take head counts of these slum dwellers,set up a committee to assess the impact of the demolition on the lives of these people and proffer solutions before brining in the bulldozers..the fact is destroying theses slums without adequate compensation or relocation as stated by amnesty does not solve the problem because having destroyed their homes they will find another conducive environment to start another slum and the government will not notice it until when they start looking for a parcel of land to fulfill their respective objectives of self enrichment. Now answer these question: having demolished the slums in Ijora Badia can you tell me where the dwellers reside at the moment? Have they all gone back to their villages?
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by abacus(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2013
anonimi:

I wonder how this your argument will stand in the eyes of the relevant Nigerian laws on landed property.
How do you think those who FIRST claimed a particular piece of land did so?
For how many years can you continuously occupy land WITHOUT anyone challenging your OCCUPANCY for you to claim it as yours?

Maybe property lawyers can help out.
Gentleman, come I'll take you to the said land. I know most people here don't know where Badiya is. AI knows this people don't have case against Mr. Fashola. When time comes it's our noisy emotional tenants, who first go after the property just like what they did to lands in Abuja. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Amanwulu1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
crying blue murder.

they make noise out of notin, eh!! U wnt us to use our brain right bt U're free to reason wt ur anus wen d same organisatn indicts pdp led fg. We knw u all haters of nig. Progress.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by GboyegaD(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
Emmyk: to government house? cheesy

He could have built an apt complex on virgin lands around Iba etc where there are lands and then relocate them. The idea of displacing them without providing an alternative is mean.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Kslib(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
Must everything be tribalistic? The same people who cant state their views without bringing tribe into the equation are still those same people that will one day rule Nigeria or hold a position that its decision has an effect on the masses and the country in general!!
Foolish leaders are not just born out of the blue,the were once youths who matured into people capable of leading age-wise.. I just hope those tribalistic goats like the one's on this thread are not the majority spread across this country cos if so,then we will have to deal with alot of problems in the future..
It baffles me how an issue as sensitive as this which is currently affecting some poor Nigerians who do not have a decent home to live in can be turned into a tribe thing...
The funny thing is that some of these morons spewing this tribe nonsense might have relatives who have been affected.. Yea,its a small world!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by deeptesting(m): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
malc619:

LASG isn't "father-Christmas". Don't come to Lagos from your village hoping for Fashola to build a house for you and your children...

How many free houses has your Kindergarten President built for the poor in Bayelsa state??

cool

At least the president of Nigeria did not go about demolition the abode of the poor and as far as I know Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, he would take adequate step to ensure he does not impoverished the people more than he found them that is what government is all about and democracy.....It is the government of the people, by the people and for the people and not for the rich.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by GboyegaD(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
malc619:

Being poor isn't an excuse to constitute a nuisance to the environment of Lagos.

When did you start caring about poor Lagosians??

Just come get your destitute brothers and sisters off the streets of Lagos and let Lagos indigenes worry about their people..

grin grin

Funny how you reason all because you want to support Fashola in this instance.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by naptu2: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS).

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Omexonomy: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
If It will take N30MILIION to acquire a plot of land N5million for the C of O? How much your folks will collect as OMO ONILE. How many poor people can afford it.
jesuslovesme123:

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ochukoccna: 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
I've always known from my teenage years that any Governor who'd fix Lagos would be castigated and crucified for soe decisions he'd take
Fashola is no saint but so too are many of his critics
Which Nigerian party or governor has an active currently implemented policy toward the poor?
Even from those people castigating him, how many show kindness to the poor?
How many from those do not look down at them? sad sad

It is not that I support Fashola's action toward the vulnerable even as he is implementing the law but many of us do worse even in our private actions and endeavours when we encounter the have nots
Yet poverty and impoverishment is what many a politician have bequeathed to this nation since 1999
And so many of us, regardless of our duplicitous rage against Fashola truly don't give a phuck, that is just the truth

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by iresearcher(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
deeptesting:

Young man nobody is laying claim to the purported land and nobody is saying slums should not be developed, what we are saying is government responsibility towards its poor citizens who lives in slums...keep your bigotry at home and don't bring it to a public forum, you think everyone in the slums of Lagos are non-indigenes? We also have Lagosians living in slums...drop your myopic view of issues and embrace looking at matters from a wholistic perspective as it affects Nigerians.

I wonder who has added bigotry to this debate. Nothing in my statement has any tribal coloration. Does this not tell you what your own intentions are.The tribal cards some of us try to play in Nigeria would so much backfire someday, it has its limits. If they say some people own the slums and they have their documents, common sense says you go to court and get a stay of action. In as much as I agree there would always be poor people, but you wont take what is not yours. We are this way in Africa because of this entitlement mentality. "its not mine but dont you know I am poor".

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Akanbiedu(m): 1:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Returning sanity to Lagos is a task that must be done. Kudos to Fashola for not yielding to blackmail.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by iresearcher(m): 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
deeptesting:

At least the president of Nigeria did not go about demolition the abode of the poor and as far as I know Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, he would take adequate step to ensure he does not impoverished the people more than he found them that is what government is all about and democracy.....It is the government of the people, by the people and for the people and not for the rich.

I really wish you could just argue without politics, religion or ethnicity, I am out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Delivers An Address At Mandela Peace Summit / TCN Workers Resist Fashola's Removal Of MD, Abubakar Atiku / Ndi Igbo May Regret Constant Attack On Yoruba - Their Only Reliable Supporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.