Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia (14133 Views)

Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah Joins Rotary International To Support Humanity (photos) / Human Rights Abuse: Ihejirika Replies Amnesty Internationa / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by GboyegaD(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
malc619:

So Fashola should start giving them free accommodation as a reward for illegal occupation of land that isn't theirs abi??

Nice reward for illegality because they're poor....

Some of them have appropriate title document and besides, it was a relocation by the government. So it isn't everybody living there that are illegal occupant.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Melancholy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
That the govt said that they are living in refuse heap is not an understatement but the fact.Am very sure that they would have be noticed so why all this shouting coming from amnesty international?For people like us born in the island we know how disgusting ijora-ibadia is.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Gorrbachev: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
deeptesting:

Young man nobody is laying claim to the purported land and nobody is saying slums should not be developed, what we are saying is government responsibility towards its poor citizens who lives in slums...keep your bigotry at home and don't bring it to a public forum, you think everyone in the slums of Lagos are non-indigenes? We also have Lagosians living in slums...drop your myopic view of issues and embrace looking at matters from a wholistic perspective as it affects Nigerians.

I do not remember when Lagos state became the federal government of Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by yoged(m): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
John Frankling: ok, he should build the flats first
wia e wan build am without demolishing the building first
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Pattey(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
iresearcher:

Do you know what 9,000 is? You guys just brandish figure to generate pity.
BTW, I have not in anyway supported anybody but only asked questions.
Some of these places, even you cannot enter or go look for someone.
Stop claiming one activist that you are not

Clap for ya sef! I dint kno presenting an argument now equates 'claiming to be an activist'. . . Why can't U start by faulting the 9000 figure & we'll take it from there. Need I also remind U that injustice to even 'ONE' is injustice to all?

But of course I'll be wasting my time trying to convince many of y'all wit oppression running all up in ur blood streams. . . If U tink U can supports harsh policies; you'll be amazed the kind of extreme stuffs I can support BUT NOT WITHOUT giving it a human face!
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by deeptesting(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Gorrbachev:

I do not remember when Lagos state became the federal government of Nigeria.

Hey read to comprehend.....Nigerians living in Lagos State
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by skibochi(m): 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
Some people fail to realise that we are living in a capitalist system and all these noise about poor people being homeless will not work.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by roxell120(m): 3:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
there wont be any space or place for the poor under acn/apc

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by emmaelectelect(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
iresearcher: This is my argument.
I have a land somewhere in a city.I leave it unused for some time
You go to the land and erect shanties,slums etc.I come back several years after
and I ask you to leave because I now need my land to do something meaningful then you start
crying blue murder.
The truth be told, provided you did not buy the land and it is not your inheritance, you
do not have any claim to it whatsoever.
It amazes me how some organisations make noise out of nothing. Even outside of the country,
despite the fact that the land is yours or your inheritance, you are still told what and how to build
on it because there is a master plan. If you left your village without penny, what do you expect
in the city,inherit someones land or property?

Please lets use our brains before we make comments abeg.

Ur argument implies that the FG should have removed all the Bridges it built in Lagos when it was moving to Abuja
This guys Govt. depicts elitism which Average Nigerian that don't steal cannot afford
For Example I dont know how a truthful Civil servant in Lagos State Ministry with Min wage of 18000 will afford LASU with school fees of 250K while in this same contry a state that has less its potential gives Free Education
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by olatiler(m): 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
naija_swag:

I didn't post it for a low life like you or anyone to quote. I see you are very vexed about it. You can jump into the lagoon. This is reality. You shoot yourself in the foot and you bear the pains.

U are a "Nyeusi Mbuzi" just like ppl from East Africa normaly called fool ppl like u
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by justhelp(m): 4:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
Yorubest: It's Don Fashy again

When you hear the kick

Enemies can hate but we don't have time for emotions and frivolities

We are born to industrialize our region

We are born to develop our land

We are born to build and build we will until every slum created by invaders become model cities for Yorubas and developed humans world over to inhabit and work
guy I will produce this hit track,and will make money from it.lol Yoruba Nation for Life

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Egbagirl(f): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
I just wish we could have discussions/arguments without adding sentiments and all this emotional, tribalistic, and religious nonsense. Enough of these silly arguments that focus on the poster and the points he/she raised. Na wa o. Smh

Thank you Naptu2 for your input o jare. Instead of some people to read and understand better...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by naptu2: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
Egba girl: I just wish we could have discussions/arguments without adding sentiments and all this emotional, tribalistic, and religious nonsense. Enough of these silly arguments that focus on the poster and the points he/she raised. Na wa o. Smh

Thank you Naptu2 for your input o jare. Instead of some people to read and understand better...

My pleasure smiley
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ollyboi123(m): 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
We want better naija but u all can't stand the hardship that comes with it ... We all need to Change for Naija to change well done Gov F .. Demolish all the ghetto if possible ...Lagos is not meant for everyone ... Go back Home
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ollyboi123(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
We want better Nigeria but u all can't stand the hardship that comes with it ... We all need to Change for Nigeria to change well done Gov F .. Demolish all the ghetto if possible ...Lagos is not meant for everyone ... Go back Home
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by PointB: 4:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
This Fashola is a smart guy. Here is his modus operandi

- identify the poor guy

- render him homeless

- arrest him

- detain him in camp for a long time

- dump him by some road side in another state

- call him destitute

Lo, people, another evil genus is born. His name - Fashola!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ba7man(m): 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
If you can't afford to live in Lagos, move elsewhere. Its not by force.

So the whole Nigeria should remain one big ghetto because of the poor??

Don't feel confused when some posts screaming "Anti poor" get lots of "likes"....there are more people that lack common sense in Nigeria and the world than the few that do.

There has to be sacrifices for progress to be made. This is one of it.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ba7man(m): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Why don't the anti-poor activists online take their cries to the FG on why 75percent of Nigerians are poor and stop ranting that Fashola should provide housing for the dwellers of one of the largest slum collections in the World.

Is he Jesus?....or the United Nations??....or world Bank??....or even the Federal Government??

He's just a Governor in one of the 36 states in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by anonimi: 5:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
ba7man: If you can't afford to live in Lagos, move elsewhere. Its not by force.

So the whole Nigeria should remain one big ghetto because of the poor??

Don't feel confused when some posts screaming "Anti poor" get lots of "likes"....there are more people that lack common sense in Nigeria and the world than the few that do.

There has to be sacrifices for progress to be made. This is one of it.

I wonder why the governor ( I believe it is Mobolaji Johnson) who relocated people (from Isale Eko?) to Onile Gogoro flats on Alhaji Masha Road in Surulere did not follow Fashola modus operandi as stated below, which you have tacitly endorsed with your above post

PointB: This Fashola is a smart guy. Here is his modus operandi

- identify the poor guy

- render him homeless

- arrest him

- detain him in camp for a long time

- dump him by some road side in another state

- call him destitute

Lo, people, another evil genus is born. His name - Fashola!
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by anonimi: 5:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
ba7man: Why don't the anti-poor activists online take their cries to the FG on why 75percent of Nigerians are poor and stop ranting that Fashola should provide housing for the dwellers of one of the largest slum collections in the World.

Is he Jesus?....or the United Nations??....or world Bank??....or even the Federal Government??

He's just a Governor in one of the 36 states in Nigeria.

The FG is not the only arm of government, please.
How much of the services to be provided by the states and LGAs are being provided despite collecting monthly allocation from the federal government i.e. Niger Delta oil revenue

Providing such services would employ MANY people and give them the minimum salary rather than just siphoning money away under different guises and even taking loans!!!
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by MSEdLAW(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
anonimi:

I wonder how this your argument will stand in the eyes of the relevant Nigerian laws on landed property.
How do you think those who FIRST claimed a particular piece of land did so?
For how many years can you continuously occupy land WITHOUT anyone challenging your OCCUPANCY for you to claim it as yours?

Maybe property lawyers can help out.
Section 5 and 6 of the Land Use Decree 1979 now (Act) LFN 2004 puts all land in an urban area under the control of the state government, and all rural land in control of local govt authority where such land is situate... Moreso possession is 9/10th of d law in proving ownership to a land however the remaining 1/10th which is proof of title.. Where an aggrieved persons fails to prove his or her title.. D law is clear such a person right of oCcupancy is highly questionable and his title is defective.. The land use act is clear and only d aboriginal families can cry foul when not adequately compensated not mindless squatters! Eko oo oni baje oooo!!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by neutralist: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
malc619: LASG isn't father Christmas. Why do people expect LASG to take care of miscreants and destitutes from the far-flung corners of Nigeria??

If Lagos life is too hard for you, go back to your village, start farming and start living like a human being.

Most of these people prefer to live like animals in Lagos than to live like a human in their states. Very pathetic..

cool

This confirms true effect of the recent age survey. angry
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by tarzaansin(m): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=naija_swag]They said he is the most admired governor, they all believed. With a single action, he pulled the rug off his feet to reveal the dirt hidden in the rug. He is being heckled from all sides. No only his countrymen but the international community have reminded him of what a Holy man said some 2000 years ago that "you will always have the poor among you" He did it to himself, it was not an anti-party gang up. The spiral effect of his singular action has destroyed some people's political ambition somewhere in the SE. He cannot even venture that zone because he will be deported on arrival, maybe he will never campaign there when he hopes to run for presidency. He forgot the fundamentals of being a public figure. The over 90% of poor people in this country now regard him as their enemy because he will not fail to displace them if he has his way in other to build mega cities. If he becomes president, he will banish everyone who does not have a job, everyone who is poor to the co
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Afroconnect: 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
First all of you non Lagosians I think you should first go and criticize your Governors and laugh at your states before you interfere in a state that yours can not be like even in the next ten years.
Governor Fashola that Amnesty boy is just doing his work,if he no make noise no money for am.
Pls sir concentrate on the good people of Lagos-who acknowledge your works,ignore the detractors.
God bless you Sir Fashola
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Afroconnect: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
GboyegaD:

Some of them have appropriate title document and besides, it was a relocation by the government. So it isn't everybody living there that are illegal occupant.
Guy you are funny-anyone can show a piece of paper-the question is...is it the right document?
Only the C of O along with Consent is valid for legitimate land ownership and you must ensure you are holding the legitimate documents from the legitimate authority.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by roxell120(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
ollyboi123: We want better Nigeria but u all can't stand the hardship that comes with it ... We all need to Change for Nigeria to change well done Gov F .. Demolish all the ghetto if possible ...Lagos is not meant for everyone ... Go back Home
maybe he has not remembered the bridge u re squatting under it.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by roxell120(m): 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
ollyboi123: We want better Nigeria but u all can't stand the hardship that comes with it ... We all need to Change for Nigeria to change well done Gov F .. Demolish all the ghetto if possible ...Lagos is not meant for everyone ... Go back Home
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by Nebeuwa(m): 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
Fashola is a sinking ship.

He has been unmasked.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by sirocisca: 1:40am On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=malc619]

Being poor isn't an excuse to constitute a nuisance to the environment of Lagos.

When did you start caring about poor Lagosians??

Just come get your destitute brothers and sisters off the streets of Lagos and let Lagos indigenes worry about their people..

grin grin[/quote tribalistic fool!..
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by hush007: 2:46am On Aug 14, 2013
This issue is a two way thing. In as much as I don't like people displaced and homes destroyed, there is a price for progress and that is change. Change is always at a cost. To those who can afford it, its good. To those who can't, BAD!

With that on the side, I strongly feel government should be more subtle in their approach. Carts are never before the horses. Provisions shud be made before displacement. Its got a name and I beleived its called consideration. Lagos may seem small in geographical size but it still got lots of space that can be allocated. Allocate spaces that can owned at ridiculously affordable amount so everyone has equal opportunity to own a home.

Government should review their policies in that direction to accomodate the less priviledge. Displacing them and leaving to nothing isn't governmental. Its called oppression. My ever amiable governor, you better than that.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by infolekan(m): 6:17am On Aug 14, 2013
emmaelectelect:

Ur argument implies that the FG should have removed all the Bridges it built in Lagos when it was moving to Abuja
This guys Govt. depicts elitism which Average Nigerian that don't steal cannot afford
For Example I dont know how a truthful Civil servant in Lagos State Ministry with Min wage of 18000 will afford LASU with school fees of 250K while in this same contry a state that has less its potential gives Free Education

Young man....education is as costly as building a rocket and the need to subsidise is a prerogative if the government and not a binding law.
Universities expenses vary with states and regions even in the most developed world's so your reasoning isn't fathomable. The price of a school in West London is fat different from one in East London and the standard of living in Lagos is far higher than that in Ebonyi so you'll pay more for most services there. Don't know why people just think all services should come free. They'd rather prefer a government that does nothing and just sits and steals than someone's that's ready to work.
That badia wouldn't be the same way it is again in the next 10 years and posterity and our children would thank us for it.
The cry of the poor has overtaken the need to do the needful and the lawful by 'Internet ' social crusaders and activists who have done nothing to fight corruption at the highest level but only try to hold down the wheels of progress.
Re: Fashola Replies Amnesty International, To Build 1,008 Flats In Badia by ba7man(m): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2013
anonimi:

The FG is not the only arm of government, please.
How much of the services to be provided by the states and LGAs are being provided despite collecting monthly allocation from the federal allocation i.e. Niger Delta oil revenue

Providing such services would employ MANY people and give them the minimum salary rather than just siphoning money away under different guises and even taking loans!!!
There is no other State in Nigeria developing as fast as Lagos right now. Its sad, it hurts me when i see people displaced but logically, I have come to terms with it that its the price that must be paid for that development.

A couple of people will bear the brunt of it but 10yrs down the line, more will benefit from it. Imagine the Facility managing companies that will provide employment to service these estates.

The whole of Nigeria can't be left looking like one great big ghetto. We want our environment to improve without paying the price.

Fashola relocating them all is another issue, their population runs into the millions. Providing housing for that number, would it be free?? Can the State even afford it?? Money should be specially allocated for this purpose from the FG if Fashola's to include housing one of the largest number of slum dwellers in the World in his responsibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sen. Dino To Bello: Stop The Plans To Sell Kogi Properties Or Face Legal Actions / Ekiti State Government Sacks Perm Sec Over ‘fraudulent’ Employment / Just In: Atiku, PDP File Appeal Against Tribunal Judgement At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.