Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24820 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Flygerian1(m): 2:28am On Aug 24, 2013
leggo:
you were making sense, then you said sarkodie
Ya, he's right. Just that for me, i think Sakordie would pass as 2nd while M.I is the 1st and best rapper in Africa.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Flygerian1(m): 2:45am On Aug 24, 2013
Listenin to "Bad Guy Baller" DJ Vinnie ft Modo and Idris Abdukareeem. Modo killed it with lines like "BadGuyBaller the power forward, I stand tall to shortcaller doubleback and block all you hand fallers" and "Modo kill em with 1bar them morocco back breaker disfigure your ***bar" (couldnt figure out what he said there exactly). Mode9 might not be plying the commercial route but in terms of hardcore no one dare compare Modo with any other musician in Africa as a whole.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by decepticos(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Flygerian.:

Ya, he's right. Just that for me, i think Sakordie would pass as 2nd while M.I is the 1st and best rapper in Africa.
sakordie wont make my top 20 african rappers, M.I may make the top 5, number 1 is still a thing to debate.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by mindtricks: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Flygerian.:
Listenin to "Bad Guy Baller" DJ Vinnie ft Modo and Idris Abdukareeem. Modo killed it with lines like "BadGuyBaller the power forward, I stand tall to shortcaller doubleback and block all you hand fallers" and "Modo kill em with 1bar them morocco back breaker disfigure your ***bar" (couldnt figure out what he said there exactly). Mode9 might not be plying the commercial route but in terms of hardcore no one dare compare Modo with any other musician in Africa as a whole.
Modo is good agreed. Yet he still needs to break forth and gain much wider acceptance/good commercial success.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by mindtricks: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
12 inches!:
Modenine doesn't really knw sh*t. Every rapper wants to dig dip down to rap. But as a rapper, to be successful, u have to be both commercial and inspirational. It's like that all over the world.
Let us analyze the hardcore rappers we have. 2 pac.... For every "I aint mad atcha" we have a "California Love". Nas.. For every "N.I.G.G.E.R" we have "Hero ft keri hilson." Modenine should learn to be both commercial and inspirational in the same album or he will go hungry. It is human nature. We don't want to dance everytime. We also don't want to think too deep everytime. Life is a balance. On to the pple calling one music Real hip hop and another kind "unreal hip hop" they shud take a hike. Music is an art that is meant to be appreciated and once your audience are not feeling you whether you're doing "real" hiphop or not then you music is a waste.
No b lie sha.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by NaijaPress: 2:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Its as simple as Mode9 should make songs every dick and harry can relate to, Mode9 songs are not even played on Radio stations. http://www.naijapress.com.ng/nigerian-artistes-ripe-illuminati-modenine/

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Incoming" — P-Square To Release First Song In Five Years (Photo) / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.