Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24848 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by papi365: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
tjskii: Abeggy mak I hear,na creativity we wan chop,all we need is music to shake our bumbumz to in da club,mode9 had better conform or starve grin
DAT IS Y U HAV GOT TO VISIT A CLINIC COS UR MEDULA IS DAMAGED
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by babadem2much(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
mode 9, mode 9, hw many tymz i call u? am a fan of urs but only play ur music when driving but @ home no way oh n party plays ur hip hop tinz

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

mode-9 went where in the UK? which concert did he pull? where did he pull it? keep lying to yourself. mode-9 is simply not good enough for the type of rap he does. i can name 5 members of this forum that would destroy mode-9 lyrically and they don't even rap for a living.......

nigerians have been listening to rap long before you were conceived. are you kidding me? the days when boys go to studio with their maxwell tapes or chrome tapes to record music from top DJs nko? this was long before CD players became popular in nigeria - late 80s/early 90s....

How many Nigerians know Rakim, Premo, Eric B and the likes? How many hip-hop heads are there in dis country? If no be for Mp3 devices, iPods, etc.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by azpekuliar: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
How many Nigerians know Rakim, Premo, Eric B and the likes? How many hip-hop heads are there in dis country? If no be for Mp3 devices, iPods, etc.

Niqqua you sure you've seen an Audio Cassette Tape before? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

its seems you are one of those wackster the modo dazed at the last bet cypher. Damn modo isnt good save me that crap somebody that make sense rap music from numerous subjects e.g super eagles, arsenal f.c,periodic table and airline technologies. Dude save your shyte face for your couple of low lifers. If modo ain't doing it right that why he is broke fola of nigeria info brings in couple of make sense musician on her friday open mic. All of em same story line nigerians dont give a fvck about good music. Modo isnt good the only rapper talib gave a kudos when he came to nigeria was modo. Quit the goat shyte you sniffing mate.

Mode will be deceiving himself listening to Talib. Talib ain't a multi-platinum selling artist. cheesy
He should water down his lyrics on computer parts and galaxy travel. Still maintain his rap stuff but softer like, "everybody red eye, ain't nobody humble". Feature some artist from other genres like Wande. Make a hit single.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Arcard(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
i prefer phynos street musik maka na oka cha ele, guys or if e no sel mee ya ga obago dn u do dm 30-40 nwanne ghostmode dy no dy c me,fo me i prefer naija rap nt western style rap.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Baddestguyp(m): 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

you are definitely all this lil wayne and the fat head ross wannabes. Go ask why underground american rappers aint doing well commercially too even tho all your commercial boiz cant do a one on one battle with em. Common,talib kweli, rakim et al.
wait a minute. Even if u talking bout underground rappers in naija. Talk bout Boogey, maytronomy and co. They r tight buh mode is just wack. Let him die of hunger screaming his "hiphop is dead" crap! grin
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
azpekuliar:

Niqqua you sure you've seen an Audio Cassette Tape before? cheesy
No. I saw one at a museum. undecided
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Tee99(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
My favourite quote wil always b " wat sells is gud". e.g cry by mode9. I will always be a mode9 fan bt if he's seekin commercial attention he shud go 4 it rather dan blaming it on d general consumers.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ddippset(m): 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Modenine might be broke and financially unsuccessful NOT because of his kind of rap music but for the Nigerian system. Even in the american rap system a rapper don't have to sell 5 million units to be rich. You could be independent and make good bucks selling 100,000 copies only. Everyone cannot be eminem and jigga. You could be a rakim or a kurupt, drive any kind of car you want and live in a big house. Let's stop piracy and see that modenine has enough fan boys to earn him some good cash. It is relative, modenine is definitely to naija what krs one or canibus is to america. Modenine does have a good number of fans. I do love his music.

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:

everybody i grew up with in lagos knew these cats. why are you talking as if nigerians don't watch music channels. i grew up watching Yo MTV raps - similar to many boys in my school and environment. the percentage of nigerians who know these people must be more than 1% and that's still a big market to explore....

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

no, this is the eggheaders gat couple of alternative handles. Since the new personal vendatta against yoruba posters on the politics section.

Mi vs modo sis, you dont wanna go there modo is way ahead but the jos boy dey try sha compared to the rest noise makers. You can check on phewroious, terry d rapman, overdose and six feet plus after this guy na only some other underground guys they keep am real. The rest of the bullocks are just waste of space.

Why is mode complaining? He should keep it real and remain underground/unheard. Please underground means you can't sell records. Drake sells out more sits than a medical symposium.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by OAM4JisGay: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2013
The game does hard core rap, Eminem, Kendric etc all do the same, these guys have a sizeable Nigerian fan base, why is mode 9's own different? He's just not good enough. The fact that we get entertainment from rappers like Ice prince and MI doesn't mean that they are not inspirational. Heck! MI spits more inspirational lyrics than mode 9 and he's still entertaining.
Enjoy this track from Ice Prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWeVu8FNyk
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

everybody i grew up with in lagos knew these cats. why are you talking as if nigerians don't watch music channels. i grew up watching Yo MTV raps - similar to many boys in my school and environment. the percentage of nigerians who know these people must be more than 1% and that's still a big market to explore....
Smh..Like seriously, I laff at your comments. If u'd said 1% of lagosians, no issues, But Nigeria in general? Bro, better be honest with yourself.
By the way, to release 6 albums and several mixtapes without compromise no be beans., Even M.I mentioned he wanted to emulate Modenine in terms of album release.(seems he can't keep up).
I don't see the need for Modo to complain cos he is well respected in the game even among his peers.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

mode-9 went where in the UK? which concert did he pull? where did he pull it? keep lying to yourself. mode-9 is simply not good enough for the type of rap he does. i can name 5 members of this forum that would destroy mode-9 lyrically and they don't even rap for a living.......

nigerians have been listening to rap long before you were conceived. are you kidding me? the days when boys go to studio with their maxwell tapes or chrome tapes to record music from top DJs nko? this was long before CD players became popular in nigeria - late 80s/early 90s....

you need to go get a copy of the nine's bios ands get to know this dude. All your rants is bulls mehn am very sure you know nothing about the mod how many nigerian musician can do anything near elbow room in hiphop. Go get a session listening to black rap messiah or a copy of the e'plurubus unum album. Yoiu and many of your low lifers cant decode line like ''atomic number 47 am ag figure that out if you able while be breaking breath around the periodic table''
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
Yet the best hits of The Roots was released frokm 2002, when Black thought softened his flows. One of the best is Break you off ft. Musiq. Musiq singing sold the track. Mode should learn to make hits. Look at Kini Big Deal by Naeto C. See 10/10.
azpekuliar: *Enters thread and shakes head*... *scrolls through '90s Hiphop/Rap playlist*... *selects The Root's '96 track, "What they Do"*.....

Lost generation, fast paced nation
World population confront they frustration The principles of true hip-hop have been forsaken
It's all contractual and about money makin Pretend-to-be cats don't seem to know they limitation
Exact replication and false representation You wanna be a man, then stand your own To MC requires skills, I demand some shown
I let the frauds keep frontin And roam like a celluar phone far from home Givin crowds what they wantin
Offical hip-hop consumption, the 5th thumpin
Keepin ya party jumpin with an original somethin
Yo, I dedicate this to the one dimension-al No imagination, excuse for perpetration My man came over and said,
"Yo we thought we heard you" Joke's on you;
you heard a bitin-ass crew but um..

*listens till fade...*
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

this is a big lie.....
fact is, mode-9 is not even good at what he does. i can humbly say there are about 5 million fans of hardcore rap in nigeria and if 10% of that figure buys mode-9's albums, he should be fine.

however, mode-9 cannot make good music. his lyrics are confusing. he makes a lot of errors. that he's the only one in nigeria driving underground rap does not mean he's excellent at it. most nigerians would rather buy nas albums than mode-9's albums.
Right thurr! too deep for you, fckin up ur mind like coitus interruptus.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by papi365: 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
Arcard: i prefer phynos street musik maka na oka cha ele, guys or if e no sel mee ya ga obago dn u do dm 30-40 nwanne ghostmode dy no dy c me,fo me i prefer naija rap nt western style rap.
U RE JUST A CRAK,WHEN WE RE TALKIN ABOUT RAP KINGS WHO IS PHYNO? WHAT DOES IT RAP? AFTER SMOKING WEED HE WIL JUMP ON MIC RAP GHOST MODE,WAT MSG DO U GET 4RM DAT CRAK DUDE LIKE U? NAIJA RAPPER SUCKS . I DISLIKE DAT PHYNO WIT PASSION,MAKE E GO SELL SPARE PART FOR ALABA COS E NO GO LAST.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by TCUBE(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
AND YOU WONDER WHY SAUCEKID(SINZU) RUN COMOT NAIJA?....FROM YO YO! TO YOU DEY MAD?...THE BOY PICK RACE QUICK BEFORE DEM TURN CALI HIP HOP RAPPER TO AGBERO FROM YABA...
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Harrycherichy: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mode, you's a good rapper. keep keeping it real bro. I love your drops, I got a collection of your albums. Unfortunately, Naija isnlt down with real game rap. I'd advise you change your beats, feature some popular Naija artists dats making waves. So that your songs can at least be danceable. [quote
author=Glamourogo]Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘Type Of Rap’.
Babatunde Olusegun a.k.a mode 9 went all emotional on hotfm’s breakfast
radio show with TuTu Adeoba and Cheezy Charles on his type of
non-commercial rap, he re-affirms that he can never change his type of
rap to suit an audience and decries neglect on his type of rap’

‘I put out a whole album nobody cared’
‘A whole 20 track album ‘alphabetical order’ nobody gave a f**k’
‘You see how the industry is’ how do you expect me to feel?
‘Nigerians don’t like hip hop they only follow the hype, they don’t
even know what it is’
I only cater for my real fans; I don’t really care about the fair
weather, band wagon jumpers
‘I cater for my fans and they are feeling it’ i have put up too much
effort in promotion of my materials’
‘It’s just some certain people in their minds feeling that am not
doing well’

Who then are these few people Mode 9 is referring to?

http://glamourogo..com/2013/08/mode9-cries-out-on-neglect-of-his-type.html[/quote]
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:

you are definitely all this lil wayne and the fat head ross wannabes. Go ask why underground american rappers aint doing well commercially too even tho all your commercial boiz cant do a one on one battle with em. Common,talib kweli, rakim et al.

Making hits is an art. It takes skill to deliver. Battling makes you a good rapper, not a good artist.

Why do you think Common's success came after working with Kanye West. Same with Twista.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Why is mode complaining? He should keep it real and remain underground/unheard. Please underground means you can't sell records. Drake sells out more sits than a medical symposium.

he is doing an interview and spewing his minds on ish. To y'all modo isnt broke he drives a decent car and domicile in an highbrow in lagos. If his nokia deal no beans, he just did an advert for guiness of late, how many of your wacksters gat all this.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by FreeGlobe(f): 8:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Rap music should be banned in Nigeria. Nigerians lack the intellectual capacity to understand real rap nay music generally. We don't have musicians in Nigeria. We just have beats. How many Nigerians can quote the lyrics to their favorite songs? The poverty level is affecting the intellectual capacity, everybody is dancing. Tomorrow Nigerian artists will go abroad to get record deal and they will thrash them. Mode9 too and co are not innovative, its not like they the best at rapping. They all need to improve their craft. Nigerian music generally is rated thrash

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by saheedbadmus(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dis mode9 of a guy is a fool and 2 proud of him self..even edris abdulkareem wey b ur senior for rap self had to come down to peoples choice..if Ʊ fink Ʊ ar to big to come down to consumers taste am sure say na only ur family go buy ur music cos I see no reason 4 Ʊ 2complain..oboy na shole we one hear no b big grammar..abeg go meet olamide for lesson..
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ddippset(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: The game does hard core rap, Eminem, Kendric etc all do the same, these guys have a sizeable Nigerian fan base, why is mode 9's own different? He's just not good enough. The fact that we get entertainment from rappers like Ice prince and MI doesn't mean that they are not inspirational. Heck! MI spits more inspirational lyrics than mode 9 and he's still entertaining.
Enjoy this track from Ice Prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwWeVu8FNyk
the game , eminem, kendric are not the ones to relate this to. It should be the likes of krs one, rakim, common, mc shan, marley marl, canibus, raekwon, beanie sigel, crooked I, az and others. These guys go hardcore. Modenine doesn't have to sell albums like tuface or olumide or wizkid. No he doesn't. He doesn't even need too many fans and high heeled fans as well. Big boss jigga man @ onitsha and aba should just let him be.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by papi365: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe: Rap music should be banned in Nigeria. Nigerians lack the intellectual capacity to understand real rap nay music generally. We don't have musicians in Nigeria. We just have beats. How many Nigerians can quote the lyrics to their favorite songs? The poverty level is affecting the intellectual capacity, everybody is dancing. Tomorrow Nigerian artists will go abroad to get record deal and they will thrash them. Mode9 too and co are not innovative, its not like they the best at rapping. They all need to improve their craft. Nigerian music generally is rated thrash
U RE 100% RIGHT.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dopestfiend:
you need to go get a copy of the nine's bios ands get to know this dude. All your rants is bulls mehn am very sure you know nothing about the mod how many nigerian musician can do anything near elbow room in hiphop. Go get a session listening to black rap messiah or a copy of the e'plurubus unum album. Yoiu and many of your low lifers cant decode line like ''atomic number 47 am ag figure that out if you able while be breaking breath around the periodic table''

your intelligence quotient is inversely proportional to your age. the older you grow, the dumber you become - you want to lecture me about mode-9 when i have every single album he's made on my i-pod? let me have what you are smoking....atomic number 47, i am ag? how's modenine equating himself to silver becomes a punchline?

you are as stüpid as modenine himself....

timecop28: Right thurr! too deep for you, fckin up ur mind like coitus interruptus.

modenine is shallow - intellectually deficient. i don't rap for a living but if i get a period of one month to write, i would murder modenine in a rap battle. what's deep about modenine that told us jupiter is bigger than a star?
modenine spits nonsense and then twists it that he's spitting what makes sense. don't be fooled, MI is a more balanced rapper than modenine.......MI might be weak at freestyling but his writing ability surpasses modenine!

3 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
FreeGlobe: Rap music should be banned in Nigeria. Nigerians lack the intellectual capacity to understand real rap nay music generally. We don't have musicians in Nigeria. We just have beats. How many Nigerians can quote the lyrics to their favorite songs? The poverty level is affecting the intellectual capacity, everybody is dancing. Tomorrow Nigerian artists will go abroad to get record deal and they will thrash them. Mode9 too and co are not innovative, its not like they the best at rapping. They all need to improve their craft. Nigerian music generally is rated thrash

first time me and you are on the same page on ish, it seem that politics section is messing up our head. Your nightmare the eggheaders.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2013

and yet nigerians listen to eminem, immortal technique, big L, kurupt, canibus, etc. let me have what you are smoking, mate. the nigerians with the mental capacity to decipher hardcore raps don't think mode9 is good enough to even pioneer such art in nigeria.

modenine lacks substance!

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

your intelligence quotient is inversely proportional to your age. the older you grow, the dumber you become - you want to lecture me about mode-9 when i have every single album he's made on my i-pod? let me have what you are smoking....atomic number 47, i am ag? how's modenine equating himself to silver becomes a punchline?

you are as stüpid as modenine himself....

modenine is shallow - intellectually deficient. i don't rap for a living but if i get a period of one month to write, i would murder modenine in a rap battle. what's deep about modenine that told us jupiter is bigger than a star?
modenine spits nonsense and then twists it that he's spitting what makes sense. don't be fooled, MI is a more balanced rapper than modenine.......MI might be weak at freestyling but his writing ability surpasses modenine!

you need a lobotomy asap to cure your re.tardness from infancy. You gat all modo works and you still goof on a modo one liner.

Go sell your hateriod lines to your fellow ninnies.
Dont just mention intellect modo is way off any rapper in black africa. Since you are not well schooled i dont expect you to decode lines talking about academic subject matter. Its like explaining rocket science to a bus conductor.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Arcard(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
papi365: U RE JUST A CRAK,WHEN WE RE TALKIN ABOUT RAP KINGS WHO IS PHYNO? WHAT DOES IT RAP? AFTER SMOKING WEED HE WIL JUMP ON MIC RAP GHOST MODE,WAT MSG DO U GET 4RM DAT CRAK DUDE LIKE U? NAIJA RAPPER SUCKS . I DISLIKE DAT PHYNO WIT PASSION,MAKE E GO SELL SPARE PART FOR ALABA COS E NO GO LAST.
olodo weda u like am or nt ur mod 0 wont pul crowd mo dan him

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
pro01:

As defined by who? These things are all subjective. Haba. Depth, substance, meaning, etc. are all subjective and mean different things to different people. In any case, music serves different purposes to different people. Not everyone wants to 'learn' or be 'inspired' by music. Some simply want to be entertained, and you can't define entertainment by your own standards, neither can you force your own idea of 'meaning' on someone else. It's a free-market economy out there, and people would patronise what appeals to them. Simple.

There is no need for Mode9 to whine about the failure of his kind of rap in the Nigerian market, he can't blame the market for that. He can keep making music for his 'niche' audience, or find a way of extending his appeal to the larger market. The ball is in his court.
I totally agree with you. If any one is into music as a form of business then they'd need to give 'the people' what they want/need(whatever). But if they're singers/musicians because they love music then they don't need to whine/cry because majority of people aren't listening to their kind of music. They'd jes keep doing what they love and know how to do. Sure enough there would be people who love their kind of music.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album. / Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.