Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24821 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Could you point the lines you feel that pack a punch. I don't see nothing special here. Like Enzymes, like a pig ticket. Stars align that is divine, four horsemen apocalypse, take a water walked on, bless it and drink..
Guess u did nt see this

"Niggas tryna be brave got less than one sixth of a minute to pray,
Am like a ref in this Naughty Lady see I'm not in it to play"
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 19, 2013
M.I
Yo, I am Saro-Wiwa as a young guy
Deeper than can be noticed with ones eye
A man of peace but never gun shy
Plus I got a sick flow , i speak fungi
My wealth is my knowledge
So when my funds dry
My head above water, soaring the**sun**sky
See even when I dumb down
I am shampooed over the rest
Head and Shoulder never tongue tied
Make music for me
I never comply
To industry rules
The way that some try
[size=15pt]And niggas gon buy what they gon buy
Few will remain when nothing’s gone by[/size]
There’s an ego
Man of the people
I stay transparent but never see through
Icon, turn lights on
A soldier for the streets, fight on
Revolution, it’s a new day
That is surely the new way
Do me, truly
Said I am super human (truly)
No matter who we be
You can do you.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by elrony(m): 1:36am On Aug 19, 2013
Aww...poor modo undecided (tot u were ..."a bigger planet than Jupiter "wink

Just like a calendar "wackness" has got all modo's date..lol

In other news ; am in "ghost mode"....takin d Cani-bus to "channel zero"!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 19, 2013
MI
Yo Mehn Maytronomy is all about economy
Cos i levitate the numbers and the girls do their one on me
Whatever I ask for
Ask your girl she’s pass for the type that get hype when the cash more
See not that I am implying she’s a razz LovePeddler
I’m just saying not every minister is a pastor
I’m just saying money and power always a factor
What do you think i rap for?
To push a effin Rav4
Plus I know that if I stay stunting
Girls start warming up
They’re ready to run things
And boy, I know you wanna bang like you drumming
But you got to pay to lay thatpipe, reverse plumbing (reverse plumbing )
Yo see the irony
I found me a good girl
Somebody who desire me
Plus her cush Behind like coush,she get me high
But I still gotta ask her nice toget a try, you know why
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by taiocol: 1:44am On Aug 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: So couldcyou show what caught your attention about this verse?

Pissed off,
Cause Biggie and 'Pac just missed all this,
Watchin all these cheap imitations get rich off 'em,
And get dollars that shoulda been their's,
Like they switched wallets...Eminem.

dats the type of rap u ar calling mode9 2 do
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 19, 2013
X.O Senavoe Lyrics - Illegal Music 2 (M.I)
M.I just killed it, but I rap in the after-life
Mummy-wrap these rappers, embalming fluid’ly grab a mic
Turn ‘er like Ike, then tell Baba Suwe to grab a bite
Imprison him for one year, he might drop some sh*t as dope asmine!
I’m lying! No one as dope or doper
My pops passed, I’m in his Stead,man – where is my Oprah?
In one year, I studied the culture, and did it so kosher
So now that I’m the rap Okocha,I could coach ya!
'Xtra-Ordinary Senavoe – check!
IM2 is now ready cos X.O is on deck!
Xpoint0 coming soon, I promise, Massa – no vex!
I’m bald (I ball), I win – Alec (Alek) – Wek!
Lyrical fiend and phenom, rap’s phenomenal phenomenon
Them faeces wanna see me, tell ‘em the beat is what my feet are on
Frank Sinatra, I see the pussies and Rats in a Pack
The backstabbers are back, but dawg, I’ll murk any cat on a track
Never brag, just stating the facts,I made em a pact:
SANKOFA - ‘taking this back’, noConfederate Flag
I mean – u wanna go to College – sit for SAT!
Or u could etch me on your chest – call it a ‘tit for tat’!’
Get immortalized along the line, Igotta lotta lines
I got em mortified, I’m more defined with more lines than them longs and lats
Longitudes, latitudes – my attitude is
Dudes is auto-tuning they voice when their rhymes are really outof tune!
Call me Julius!
The crown was roaming (Roman)– Nemo
I ceased her (Caesar) – so now X.O is the hero??
Got Green – so thinking of changing my name to Ceelo
Heavy bars – so thinking of changing my name to Kilos
The rap game is the matrix?? I’m sorry dawg, I’m Neo
And before I came in I put a hat on: Ne-Yo!
You sick? You mean like cancer? My weakest flow is chemo
You got it hotter than Senavoe? Never da’t (Nevada) – Reno!
Sinner! Aren’t y’all?
Well take my scrotum when I dieso you can have a ball
Na eff it, they can have em both – they need some balls
They may take that literally so help me hit that “pause” - pause, pause, pause ... (Got it!)
Ha! A lot these rappers are – liketwitter avatars
They far from good, but look good from far
And you comparing me to who C’mon dawg!
My flow is so Calabar – what is acommon dog
I come in peace, wanna beef? Bemy guest
King Kong? Never! (See) I don’t need to beat my chest
Rewind this verse? Yeah, I would too – rappers shaking like Tourette’s
X.O’s on IM2 – I put this crazy beat to rest
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by elrony(m): 1:47am On Aug 19, 2013
Runzlord stop derailing wink

*grabs fone,taps on music,goes to albums ,taps on 'talk about it' ,plugs earphones*

[size=4pt]*feelin it* cool[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2013
runzlord:
Guess u did nt see this

"Niggas tryna be brave got less than one sixth of a minute to pray,
Am like a ref in this Naughty Lady see I'm not in it to play"

If you post the lines, it is easier to analyse

First the two lines don't conect. Secondly the people trying to be brave when they are about to die wont hit me as a punch line.

I'm like a ref, I ma not in this to play. Is just twisted words. Meaning he is not in this to play.

You can look at this Jay's line.

Me and money are like I'm cold defenders, we stick together
. My favorite line.

Meaning when he is hustling for cash, it is like he is fighting a tough battle for money. When he hustles with that passion, money comes as if it is hustling for him. Too sick.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:51am On Aug 19, 2013
elrony: Aww...poor modo undecided (tot u were ..."a bigger planet than Jupiter "wink

Just like a calendar "wackness" has got all modo's date..lol

In other news ; am in "ghost mode"....takin d Cani-bus to "channel zero"!! tongue

Creative.. cheesy
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:57am On Aug 19, 2013
taiocol: dats the type of rap u ar calling mode9 2 do

Coogar was talking about the lyrical skills of Emnem and how Mode isn't in that level as his fans makes him. I just pointed out some of his punchlines.

Lil Wayne's punchlines were because many people feel he is wack, but he isn't.

My point about how Mode should go is already on the front page.
In one line,
He should study,"Aye Po Gon". By Ill Bliss.

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by elrony(m): 1:57am On Aug 19, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Creative.. cheesy

Thanks bro!!....lol I used to be,buh I can't really find myself in dat mirror anymore!

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by smudge2079(m): 4:13am On Aug 19, 2013
Modo no mind dem, most 9igerians are on low RAM
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ogonogo: 4:27am On Aug 19, 2013
Basically, Mode9 is complaining about the same thing most conscience American rappers are complaining about. The game has changed and lyrics no longer matter. People want a catchy beat and a catchy hook, something that can be played in a club for dancing. American hip hop, once dominated by New York rappers and a few West Coast acts like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube etc, now see its industry dominated by mostly Southern rappers who for the most part just find a loud bass beat and a catchy chorus and its a hit. Old school artists either conform to the change or remain with their old style and hope they have enough fans to continue to support them.

You cant tell people what they should or shouldn't like. When rap first started, they ruined the careers of a lot of r&b singers and instrument players. I mean these are people who actually went to school to study how to sing or how to play the piano etc. All of the sudden, somebody chanting rhymes on a microphone to a beat on a record player is now a BIG SUPERSTAR artist and the music is called rap. People change as time changes. Na so life be.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Swiftboy(m): 4:44am On Aug 19, 2013
I have just one point here! The industry's crazy! We want to explore other genres of music. We want something new...go out there on the street , ask around,let them criticise the industry! We're going too commercial that nothing make sense again! If all of a sudden people start singing raggae and thats all we hear on the radio,which style of music will people like most? Now back to my point,we already have the so called 'commercial music' and truth of the matter is we need other genres of music too to make it interesting.Trust me its not sustainable if we stick to Wizkid's pop alone or D'banj's talking music! I bet what happen to Awilo will follow suits.IN my own opinion, mode 9's hip-hop is not promoted enough thats the problem. M.I broke into limelight with his debut single 'Be yourself' which is a pure hard core rap! Modern music does not promote one type of music;Adele sang someone like you and it was a big hit.I love to dance but wont reject a nice cool music which is not available on the most radio all I hear's wizkid on repeat.tell me why wont I like Wizzy cos one funny thing about music is you'll definately like a song hot on playlist. Its not only about dancing, I also want some music to make me feel good.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by beebwai: 4:46am On Aug 19, 2013
Nuzo':
I love and patronize your music. However, most Nigerians don't always have the energy to be listening to songs with big grammar...and when they garner the energy, they go for Talib, common, Mos Def and even Nas.
So, instead of the big grammar thing...they deecided to pitch tent with the likes of Phyno the Fino, Olamide, Raw, Ajasa and co. These guys rap about almost everything you rap about. Difference is they do it with understandable languages.

And sir, if you are too proud to go a bit commercial....at least do more of that kind of 'CRY' song. It worked!
that@s just a load of crap you typed
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ehixking(m): 5:04am On Aug 19, 2013
Airforce1: I'm not a fan of rap music..

so nothing concern even if he cry from now till tomorow

Typical nigerian....
When things go bad and we are not affected..e no concern me
Boko haram.......well na north e no reach my place
Even if u don listen to rap/hiphop is there any excuse of being wack like most of ur mumu shake bodi arstistes like dammy kran and the likes
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Swiftboy(m): 5:11am On Aug 19, 2013
beebwai: that@s just a load of crap you typed
you can say that again! How dare anyone say we're too dumb to listen to lyrics cos some poor artists sing rubbish? Bone people love good lyrics and crave meaningful music! Not everybody goes to club;so its not good enough to sing trash and say naija likes rubbish.We need ballance;we need creativity too! Why do you think some criticise Terry G for his speaking in tongues? Truth be told in the long run, the songs that'll remain evergreen are the ones with message. Artists should sing lyrics too before even the street get tired of dance-hall like they got tired of Awilo!
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by ehixking(m): 5:25am On Aug 19, 2013
ogonogo: Basically, Mode9 is complaining about the same thing most conscience American rappers are complaining about. The game has changed and lyrics no longer matter. People want a catchy beat and a catchy hook, something that can be played in a club for dancing. American hip hop, once dominated by New York rappers and a few West Coast acts like Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube etc, now see its industry dominated by mostly Southern rappers who for the most part just find a loud bass beat and a catchy chorus and its a hit. Old school artists either conform to the change or remain with their old style and hope they have enough fans to continue to support them.

You cant tell people what they should or shouldn't like. When rap first started, they ruined the careers of a lot of r&b singers and instrument players. I mean these are people who actually went to school to study how to sing or how to play the piano etc. All of the sudden, somebody chanting rhymes on a microphone to a beat on a record player is now a BIG SUPERSTAR artist and the music is called rap. People change as time changes. Na so life be.

@ogonogo
I respect your opinion- I want to believe you understand music..even the bible says there is time for everything!!yeah..wiz kid, davido well cool for the clubs at night! How about in the morning before going to work or in the evening when d brain is hmmm..and needs inspiration. The problem we have in nigeria music industry us the media promoting wack songs and stupid nude videos
No good music anymore its a shame. If fela sang rubbish we won't be celebrating him today
Obey,Evi Edna Ogholi,bob marley,tupac... To mention just a few..the problem is once d media start promoting wack songs...u listen today tomorrow and always it sticks in the head!!
If MI could come out like that let the trend continue
All thhese guys are just noise makes and passing fads anyway!! I would rather listen to old school than listen to dammy krane or k switch
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Eleazarrh(m): 5:29am On Aug 19, 2013
Naija is a country where commercial music sells more. MI also startes with harcore like u, so did Ruggedman, but when it wasn't bringing food on dia table, they switched to commercial. They still rap. Urs isn't 4 naija. May be u shld move to america whr hardcore lyrics still sell. A word is enuff 4 d wise broda.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by dBard: 5:37am On Aug 19, 2013
Sam xiu lee: you just hit the nail on the head,I was wondering what he meant by the fact that we can't understand his lyrics,as much as I love him,I would advice he understudy the likes of eminem,jay_z,a perfect understudy will be kanye his lyrics are sometimes deep,conscious and he knows how to turn them to songs,he shouldn't be too rigid like nas,even Olamide lyrics are good he knows how to make them funny and turn them to a good song.be doesn't need to change his lyrics he should work on his deliveries,this is 2013 not 1988.

please ..Nas shouldnt b compared t Modo. Naa still sells. His last album as well aa his combo wit Damian Marley were DOPE.
Mode 9 is lyrically v.good but his albums r boring..truth.
Its difficult t listen t dem top t bottom witout tuning out..
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by badmeat(m): 5:37am On Aug 19, 2013
Please mode 9!stop raping like Jay z,be original bro!look for a unique style n be uniquegrin
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by badmeat(m): 5:41am On Aug 19, 2013
Whatwho come change ra**ping to molesting for my postif my name na Di*ck una go change am to joystick
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Swiftboy(m): 5:50am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking:

@ogonogo
I respect your opinion- I want to believe you understand music..even the bible says there is time for everything!!yeah..wiz kid, davido well cool for the clubs at night! How about in the morning before going to work or in the evening when d brain is hmmm..and needs inspiration. The problem we have in nigeria music industry us the media promoting wack songs and stupid nude videos
No good music anymore its a shame. If fela sang rubbish we won't be celebrating him today
Obey,Evi Edna Ogholi,bob marley,tupac... To mention just a few..the problem is once d media start promoting wack songs...u listen today tomorrow and always it sticks in the head!!
If MI could come out like that let the trend continue
All thhese guys are just noise makes and passing fads anyway!! I would rather listen to old school than listen to dammy krane or k switch

This is what most Nigerians actually want.Am totally with you on this! I have a pal who owns a record store; you'll be suprised his response when I asked him how in the world does he still have Fella's record on display...I was shocked when he said over time people ask for those oldies for the content that its lacking in the so called jamz we have now.In said Obey,Sunny Ade,Osadebe,Onka Onwelu may stay months without a buyer but it'll still sell in years and years to come! Where as our yours truely counter parts are not getting buyers as such cos people prefare D.j mix! Am not saying record sales even amount to success cos am not sure these legends are getting anything, but onething can be sure, people even unborn Children will still remember them. Where's Danfo driver today? Look song that are lyrically sound like that of Asa's will always be on record sale...I will buy your album if you have all the content that makes a good album not just dance,dance and dance with poor content.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by vipers: 6:14am On Aug 19, 2013
abeg make made 9 sorry mode9 go pack one place, hes old fashioned
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 6:15am On Aug 19, 2013
Mode9 chorus na usually F9... his rap's not that bad though.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by bizmogul(m): 6:40am On Aug 19, 2013
It's simple, people won't buy what they don't like. This is simple marketing understanding, doing a 12 track album wouldn't make people buy when your music doesn't relate with them. Have you ever asked yourself ' Why do companies rebrand?' If you want a change, you have got to change. That's mmy 2cents.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Awesomeking: 7:22am On Aug 19, 2013
**enters with a pack of tissues**
Ah mode9 *crying*,where u they since,with ur unpronouncable album names.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by crisycent: 7:30am On Aug 19, 2013
I remember the first time i heard "Lagos State of Mind" on radio, i parked my car, rushed to the nearest music shop to buy his album. It was something really new in Nigeria, i loved the song so much it was on repeat for a couple of days. Although mode9 stole or copied a lot of lyrics from NaS and Fat Joe on that album, it was still good.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 19, 2013
ehixking:

Typical nigerian....
When things go bad and we are not affected..e no concern me
Boko haram.......well na north e no reach my place
Even if u don listen to rap/hiphop is there any excuse of being wack like most of ur mumu shake bodi arstistes like dammy kran and the likes
Dat dammy crane, im still looking 4 the talent in him undecided
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Lepatohset(f): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
I like the dude.

you like am nd u no go by the original album o. Pata pata u go go Alaba buy am for 50naira. Imagine dis rubbish what's the need of calling him ace when he ain't getting any money.
Some of this people that are saying the like him don't even understand his bars. They just say it so you would think their head carry grammar.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2013
dBard:

please ..Nas shouldnt b compared t Modo. Naa still sells. His last album as well aa his combo wit Damian Marley were DOPE.
Mode 9 is lyrically v.good but his albums r boring..truth.
Its difficult t listen t dem top t bottom witout tuning out..
Dats the point

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Incoming" — P-Square To Release First Song In Five Years (Photo) / Why Does It Not Matter When It’s Davido? / Burna Boy Bags Grammy Award Nomination For Best Album.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.