Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (97237 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by omotayo9177: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Incredible.me:
There is a std computer ownership scheem goin on nw. Its available to all students in nigerian versities. I think u shuld get 1.
hw cn i go abt it?
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by omotayo9177: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Incredible.me:
There is a std computer ownership scheem goin on nw. Its available to all students in nigerian versities. I think u shuld get 1.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
4kizo: #Lafin in korea# 'koikoikoikoikoikoikoikoikoi', christar u 2much, i dy feel ur tori.
chang rew #thank u in korea# grin
Babie Ghagha: chistar,y u lyk to deh put person on suspense.anyway notin do u.kip d gud work coming
lol, suspense is good for your health na, thanks
Danpersie31: Chistar,i pray make she tell u say,u are jst number 98,i need 2more guys 2 complete d number of house helps i need.Bt anyway nice 1 chistar,u beta update lyk d way i shark my garri.I pray make money enta my hand xo i can fly u2 syria and somalia.Bt we ll first go 2 ombatse village den maiduguri#winks#
lol.. You eh.
kingphilip: Oga chistar na the rehearsal wey u wan do for segun u do for spring up side ba?because i sure say spring up own go be play for segun side
lol..tah! Na today?
saintbeejay: 9ice one. More update pls
more in a bit
Daniel2802: Maybe u r just a frnd 2 her.cheesy
just?
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
**Continuation**

At times in life, we ask do things we wouldn't do on a normal day or ask questions we don't really want to know the answer to, I was in such a time in my life.

I stood still, right at the front of the girl of my dream, so to say literally, and I puffed my chest up courageously as I waited for a response to the question I had just asked. Truth be told, I wasn't quite sure if I had made a huge mistake by asking that question but they say 'words spoken can't be taken back' so I had no other option than hope for the best possible reply.

After what felt like centuries to me, Jane finally blinked her eyes, swallowed a reasonable large amount of saliva to wet her dry throat and then cleared same throat before saying;

'Michael...'

'Yes Jane' I replied impatiently.

'I don't really understand your question' she replied and maintaining a straight face she continued 'how can you be asking me such a question? We are friends na' she finally replied.

I felt my eyes get moist from the tears that I was fighting to hold back and I let down my chest that was puffed up before asking; 'are we JUST friends?' I asked, purposely emphasizing on the 'Just'.

'Hmmm, I know what you mean Michael and am sorry but we are friends, I won't exactly call us 'Just' as I've already told you stuffs I've told no one but we can't be more than that' she replied.

'Why?' I reluctantly asked, at least if I couldn't get her, I needed to know what I did wrong.

'Nothing really, just that am already with someone else' she replied coldly.

'Anyone I know?' I asked.

She just turned to look at Segun who was already getting red in anger because of what I did and probably planning on how he would catch me in hostel and remove my index finger after giving me a 'Go to hell' punch. I wasn't really bothered about the look he had on, but the fact that Jane stare at him answered my question, but just to be sure...;

'Him?!' I asked surprised.

She just nodded and looked away from my intimidating look.
I had heard enough already and couldn't take anymore so without saying any word to her, I turned looked at Segun and said; 'Guy no vex jhur, just needed to clarify some things with her' he didn't respond nor acted like I had just talked to him, I knew he might pay me a visit hostel but what could he possible do to me that could be worse than dating Jane... My own personal Jane?.

I walked back to my class and after thinking much about it I made a mental note not to think much about it anymore and then focused on the class that was already in progress.

'It's a beautiful night/ we're looking for something dumb to do/ hey baby! I think I wanna marry you!/ is it the look in your eyes/ or is it the dancing juice?/ who cares, baby/ I think I wanna marry you'

I think that's the lyrics of 'Marry you - Brunomars' that blared from my ear piece which was plugged into my ears as well as the MP3 player which for some strange reasons hadn't been seized like Dolls own or spoilt like, well, Dolls own too (it's quite complicated to explain how that's possible though).

It was a Wednesday, an ideal day for farming as the sun seemed to had hidden behind the heavy dark clouds and the skies were about to start crying. Back then as a kid, I used to think that whenever it rained, it was because the angels in heaven were doing their laundry and the rain was the water they disposed by pouring it out of the skies, stupi'd right? Don't blame me jhur, I was only a kid with a wide imagination and frankly speaking, I still have that wide imagination (you don't want to know what's going through my head at the moment *Winks*).

Anyway, it had been about three months or so after the Jane incident and although it took a lot of effort from both Dolls and Efe, I had fully moved on, or so I thought.
It was also the second term of SS1 and exams as usual were already few weeks ahead, I wore my long sleeve cardigan, which was green and white in colour (mostly green), along side my green trousers which weren't so straight as I got the opportunity to iron it only once a week (on saturdays), so with the green cardigan and the green trousers, I looked like a proud green Heteropogon contortus (I would have simply said 'Spear grass' but I think the botanical name makes it sound my serious and at the same time funny).

I was in biology class, how I was listening to music while the lecture was going on is a trick I'll teach you all some other time, but at this point, I think what's more important and you need to know is that the biology class was famous for one thing, it was probably the driest and boringest (pardon my grammar) class of all the 9 subject I offered. I was an art student because of my flare for law and I knew that biology was a course I'll never get to use in the later future so why bother myself over it? I thought.

Anyway, my eyes weakly roamed round the class looking for something interesting to stare at because staring at the biology teacher who looked like a clown with here heavy make up in the wrong places was already boring to me. As I roamed from the extreme right corner of the class which was adjacent to where I sat I slowly looked at all the pupils in the class and as usual with other Biology class, there were unusual faces as it was a combined class (SS1 F and SS1 D).

My eyes caught a glimpse of someone and passed on to the next person but for the first time, I had to rewind my stare to the person I had just passed. It was a 'she' and she was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen after Jane (or was she more beautiful that Jane self?). I stared and stared until I could stare no more, I needed to know who this damsel that God had sent to grace my eyes was so I tuned on my radio to 'Akproko FM', I turned towards 'MR know it all' or simply known as Dolapo aka Dolls and asked;

'Guy, who be that babe na?'

'Which babe?' He asked.

'That one na' I replied and stylishly pointed at the girl.

'Oh! That one?' Just as if I knew he would know who exactly she was, he replied 'Na Soul-E babe be that'

Soul-E in this context isn't the name of that musician who sang on song, 'Sotay', blew and after his few months of fame disappeared from the lime light ever since then but the nick name of one of our guys, frankly speaking, I've never known his real name so let's just stick to Soul-E.

'Shey the girl no get name?' I asked.

'Na Ife be her name, asin Ifelola' he replied.

'Hmmm, nice name for a cute face, maybe I'll just go and introduce myself to he after the class' I thought. I looked towards Dolls and asked; 'shey una two dey talk?'

'No oh, shey you wan follow the girl rub mind abi you wan reason am something?' He asked.

'Yea I for like am but Soul-E na our guy na, we no fit do am that kind strong thing?' I replied in pity.

'Tah! I just dey play jhur, Soul-E na just hin friend, or that's what they claim to be. If you wan enter the chick I get one idea o' He replied.

I just smile and nodded in response as we anxiously waited for the class to end and the clown ... Sorry, I mean biology teacher to walk out and free us from her boring bondage.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 3:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmm, Michael! You and babes shaaa! Shey na babes dem send you go read for school Na only God fit save you ooo...cheesylipsrsealedcheesy
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by BabieGhagha(f): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
pele ehn...sori.jane don do her own.u don get idea nw o cos u don try ur skill for jane parol.so dnt fall my hand again for ife parol
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2013
U wan catch fresh fish na.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Destiny4fame(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Man miko.........U too much......dis one must not slip away ooooooo
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Bulcqlay(m): 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
pls update nw....say biology teachee never go ni
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by 4kizo(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Confirm u
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by dryakson(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'm still following oo
I no want carry last
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by ninja4life(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2013
Lol dats how student fail exam u dey eye girl for class wow.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
#in twist voice# i want some more
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Incredibleme: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
omotayo9177: hw cn i go abt it?
i think u shuld go to uniport website to chek, i've forgoten the website
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Gifteey100: 1:03am On Sep 22, 2013
Chaiiii...Michael nawa 4 yew oo.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chistar.....well done buh can u try to describe ur characters more... ife 4 exmple..u cn describe her phisically so we can av a mental description of her....thnks....ur story keeps gettin interestin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by micholalo(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Na when this guy go post nah.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Winnie1950(f): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chistar come and update nah abi the biology teacher never comot from your class Chistar come and update nah abi the biology teacher never comot from your class
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2013
Come and update na.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by ZeusAlmighty(m): 7:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Winnie1950: Chistar come and update nah abi the biology teacher never comot from your class Chistar come and update nah abi the biology teacher never comot from your class
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by ZeusAlmighty(m): 7:43pm On Sep 22, 2013
Winnie, I prefer he takes his time else......U get half-baked quality upd8
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by immortalvoices(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Clear throat erm erm *in the rock voice* FINALLY!!! Immortalvoices has finished the 21st page of chirstar school life...

Guy I am short for words hmmm u r a gift to nairaland!!! This is my first time commenting on a piece in this section!!!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Deiok(m): 8:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chistar i dey feel you, carry on.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2013
@immortalvoices, deiok, babie gah, 4kizo, sanguine, incredible me,drykason, zeus, daniel, pweedylips, burclay, naij4life, winnie etc... Thanks guys for the love and comments, they help ignite my flame, you guys are the best.

About not updating this weekend... Err, saturday was hectic as usual so couldn't update, while I typed something to update today but unknowing didn't save it properly so I lost it and that was very discouraging, I guess that's what comes with the job, nevertheless you guys comments have boosted my morale and am gonna continue updating tomorrow. Thanks once again.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 1:34am On Sep 23, 2013
Uwc we de seriously wait o today don reach....oya come type

i don loose my manners finish o

goodmorning chistar
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 8:16am On Sep 23, 2013
2moro yaf reach oh oya kum nd update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2013
kingphilip: Uwc we de seriously wait o today don reach....oya come type

i don loose my manners finish o

goodmorning chistar
lol, good morning sir, don't worry, you won't wait 2 long. Infact expect a very long update
Eni~girl:
2moro yaf reach oh oya kum nd update
lol, I like yu. grin , nothing personal oh, just reader writer like, you know the right things to say to ginger me...
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: lol, good morning sir, don't worry, you won't wait 2 long. Infact expect a very long update
k make i gym small de wait for da mouth watery update jare
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2013
chistar01: lol, good morning sir, don't worry, you won't wait 2 long. Infact expect a very long updatelol, I like yu. grin , nothing personal oh, just reader writer like, you know the right things to say to ginger me...
lol i knt wait to read d vewi lonq update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2013
Ahn ahn, wey this guy na?! Come back here nau oo before ah troway this eba for ya head!! undecided grin tongue.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Winnie1950(f): 9:05am On Sep 23, 2013
angryOga chistar good morning o . Abeg we fit get update today ? I dey beg u now next time na cane i go carry take flog that your small yansh
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kingphilip(m): 9:23am On Sep 23, 2013
Winnie1950: angryOga chistar good morning o . Abeg we fit get update today ? I dey beg u now next time na cane i go carry take flog that your small yansh
see style wey u wan take tell us say u de always go bathroom go peep am wen him de baff....hw else u take knw say him get small yansh

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (30) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.