Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! (11301 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
Goshen360:

You & this tithe sha, ONLY God will help you o. cheesy

Goshen, you and your friends are derailing this thread O; you wan make I ban una grin grin grin

*feeling like a mod'* wink
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
lol

@ Bidam,

It's not a camp thing at all. Firstly, you can't please everybody. Secondly, it will be a delight to see these people come on board in the future. I personally would love to see Pastor OluT on board later on.

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by FortresOfChrist(f): 2:00am On Aug 23, 2013
Great initiative, great topics, great speakers, great organizers,great grace and great power. I look forward to participate. LORD our fortress give more Grace

5 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: No prob sir..Only Jesus knows the heart of men,but we thank God for the grace of perception.

Thanks for the thread on tithes,it was INSIGHTFUL.

Can I have a link to the thread plz? I checked his profile but couldn't find it.

Thanks
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Can I have a link to the thread plz? I checked his profile but couldn't find it.

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/72266/essence-paying-tithe
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 23, 2013
This is a great move by the organizers.

Disagreements do occur, even in the midst of brothers. What is important is how these disagreements are resolved. Goshen and Enigma your input in quelling this misunderstanding did not go unnoticed and I am glad you guys are part of this.

I will suggest that, in order to avoid future 'conflicts', the organizers give room for some kind of feedback on the event, from participants. This I think would help guide the planning of future events and hopefully resolve any conflict.

For now, I will suggest that everyone relegate this so called 'division' to the background and look forward to a rewarding convention.

5 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:19am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi: This is a great move by the organizers.

Disagreements do occur, even in the midst of brothers. What is important is how these disagreements are resolved. Goshen and Enigma your input in quelling this misunderstanding did not go unnoticed and I am glad you guys are part of this.

I will suggest that, in order to avoid future 'conflicts', the organizers give room for some kind of feedback on the event, from participants. This I think would help guide the planning of future events and hopefully resolve any conflict.

For now, I will suggest that everyone relegate this so called 'division' to the background and look forward to a rewarding convention.

The above suggestion will be heeded.

Coming soon...

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2013
striktlymi: This is a great move by the organizers.

Thanks so much.

@ Bidam, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy:

The above suggestion will be heeded.

Coming soon...

Tgirl4real:

Thanks so much.

@ Bidam, Thanks.

Thank you too and great job guys.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Mintayo(m): 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam:
https://www.nairaland.com/72266/essence-paying-tithe

hello...any info abt pigrim1?
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 23, 2013
This post has been modified. I understand it will not help the discuss to the convention.

Thank U.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Alwaystrue(f): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: When the program starts, links to the following papers shall be provided
Please confirm: are you saying the papers will not be on this thread but on other sites? If it is other sites which site will it be. Thanks.

Edited to save the day.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Please confirm: are you saying the papers will not be on this thread but on other sites? If it is other sites which site will it be

It's here on NL, but on a different thread. Links will also be provided here for easy navigation.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: ...This is the position of Bidam and Ihedinobi; and this is the reason why they could not be invited to share in this program...

The above is all the reason I bothered at all to comment on this thread. Truth be told, I've got too much on my mind to be of great use on any Christian convention of any sort, although I'd probably still try to contribute as the Lord enables. But here is as deliberate an attempt as possible to rip up the Body. "We'll call our own little conference of like minds. If they want a conference let them call theirs."

I have thrust from me people who have held opposing views but not in everything. For me, the only person I will not eat or fellowship with is anybody that claims Christ while denying Him in behavior or who teaches that the Lord Christ was not God come in the flesh. That's less a matter of doctrinal difference than a matter of spiritual difference. Doctrine is a questiob of mental perspective. Our mental grasp of the Gospel changes everyday as we grow in experience but a spiritual position is the root of life or death.

To tithe or not to tithe... Each one is advised to be true to the light that they have. As we obey our greatest understanding of God in the matter, we will be blessed with more accurate and clearer understanding in the issue. This is true in all doctrinal matters. Christians allow each other room to grow in understanding and help each other along. They build each other up and build their House stronger, they don't breeak up and away.

The real issue to be uncompromising about is what a man makes of Christ. That is what says that He either is of one stock with us or not.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: ...This is the position of Bidam and Ihedinobi; and this is the reason why they could not be invited to share in this program...

The above is all the reason I bothered at all to comment on this thread. Truth be told, I've got too much on my mind to be of great use on any Christian convention of any sort, although I'd probably still try to contribute as the Lord enables. But here is as deliberate an attempt as possible to rip up the Body. "We'll call our own little conference of like minds. If they want a conference let them call theirs."

I have thrust from me people who have held opposing views but not in everything. For me, the only person I will not eat or fellowship with is anybody that claims Christ while denying Him in behavior or who teaches that the Lord Christ was not God come in the flesh. That's less a matter of doctrinal difference than a matter of spiritual difference. Doctrine is a questiob of mental perspective. Our mental grasp of the Gospel changes everyday as we grow in experience but a spiritual position is the root of life or death.

To tithe or not to tithe... Each one is advised to be true to the light that they have. As we obey our greatest understanding of God in the matter, we will be blessed with more accurate and clearer understanding in the issue. This is true in all doctrinal matters. Christians allow each other room to grow in understanding and help each other along. They build each other up and build their House stronger, they don't breeak up and away.

The real issue to be uncompromising about is what a man makes of Christ. That is what says that He either is of one stock with us or not.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Alwaystrue(f): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
^^^^^
Oh oh! Too late.

Tgirl4real:

It's here on NL, but on a different thread. Links will also be provided here for easy navigation.
Thanks dear.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Please confirm: are you saying the papers will not be on this thread but on other sites? If it is other sites which site will it be. Thanks.

Edited to save the day.
DrummaBoy: This post has been modified. I understand it will not help the discuss to the convention.

Thank U.

Sorry, guys. Some things are not better deleted. smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alwaystrue: ^^^^^
Oh oh! Too late.

Lol. Yeah. I didn't care until he started answering Bidam at the beginning. I don't think putting a lid on such sentiments and attitudes as his is gonna help anyone at all.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by PastorKun(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I don't know what you guys are ranting about but I am sure if Joagbaje, image123 and bidam decide to hold a conference on the 'benefits' of tithing, Goshen, frosbel, myself and other known anti tithers would definitely NOT be invited as speakers as they know we our position would expose the fallacies they are trying to promote.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Alwaystrue(f): 8:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
@Ihedinobi,
Seeing the post was edited, I thought of what use it would be if you guys see this esp. @Bidam, so I decided to as well delete where I quoted him. I was thinking more of the effect but oh well, guess it was meant to be seen afterall.

What is on your mind o? I hope it is whatsoever things are true, honest, lovely and of a good report you are thinking of. You have been 'non-commenting' for a while now, hope you are well. You mentioned quite a lot of valid points up which I trust we will all take learnings from. The seeming hatred emanating from some posts are quite shocking, however. I guess one thing to note is that the conference is for a selected audience.
I pray we develop and mature continually more and more in Christ Jesus.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 8:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
Letz take things easy guys. There is no hatred here.

Ihenidiobi has succintly put it. Letz move past this level and allow God take preminence.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Well, i saw it but i wasn't bothered one bit. I guess the race gets tougher as we mature in Christ.

The flesh has proven time and time again to be an enemy of God.

God bless everyone.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Candour(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Ihedinobi,
Seeing the post was edited, I thought of what use it would be if you guys see this esp. @Bidam, so I decided to as well delete where I quoted him. I was thinking more of the effect but oh well, guess it was meant to be seen afterall.

What is on your mind o? I hope it is whatsoever things are true, honest, lovely and of a good report you are thinking of. You have been 'non-commenting' for a while now, hope you are well. You mentioned quite a lot of valid points up which I trust we will all take learnings from. The seeming hatred emanating from some posts are quite shocking, however. I guess one thing to note is that the conference is for a selected audience.

Dear sister,thanks for your interest and understanding.

While we try to point out errors in DrummaBoy's approach or the selection, let each of us try to put ourselves in his shoes and plan a programme like this in our minds. How will our choices go? I personally didn't know a thing like this was in the offing as i had gotten tired of this type of quarrels on NL religion forum and had limited my appearance here until i stumbled on a thread where they were trying to get my contact details.I will be a participant just like you.

Goshen, Drummaboy and Tgirl4real have an idea of the kind of programme they want to organize, Pls let us allow them. I say this not because i'm speaking(honestly i couldn't care less) but because i am always happy at any opportunity for bible study.I have disagreed with Bidam, Image, Joagbaje on some threads as i have also disagreed with Goshen, Frosbel and Christemmbassey.I always plead for us to remember Eph 4:3 in our engagements and i plead same here.

We can't all agree on everything but malice should never come into play whatever we say or do.I hope you, Bidam or Ihedonobi organize another beneficial programme and i'll willingly participate as long as i'm not barred.

Pls let us bury the hachet

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Candour(m): 8:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Lol. Yeah. I didn't care until he started answering Bidam at the beginning. I don't think putting a lid on such sentiments and attitudes as his is gonna help anyone at all.

yeah my bro, you're right.This is why we cannot do without the GRACE of God.It will always be better than our self efforts.

Pls let us bury the hachet.I'm not sure it benefits anyone

God bless you
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Ihedinobi,

Darling sis, it's just the breaking of the dawn of a full-grown man's life o!

It is expected that we not all see the same thing in our walk with the Lord but while we would be understanding when blind men insist that each is wrong about what an elephant is because they experienced different parts of it, we'd consider them fools for coming to blows over it. We would think it more normal for them to consider that maybe together they had one coherent picture of what an element is like.

The same way, when we take a breath and think just a little we soon realize that we all have some aspect of the picture that helps us better grasp the whole. And it is clear that we aren't all developing at the same rate in everything. In some things some of us attain.maturity faster than others. The mark of maturity in dealing with dispute and disagreement is ever the ability to accommodate an opposing view and take every small suggestion of agreement to build toward a commom understanding.

Anyhow, God's Grace remains with all His Children. We will all meet one day and be with Christ forever with no bickering.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
Thanks for the contribution Candour.

@ all,

Letz move on pls and look for a common ground.

@ Alwaystrue,

everyone is invited plz.

Soon, both of us will org our own "Woman thou hath loose" grin

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2013
Okay, @ All,

This is not a programme for dividing the brethren. I will never do that even though we can disagree. I don't want to dwell on this matter as such, I just have to explain few things. The whole issue is all about Bidam. The OP explained my initiative and the purpose of the programme - it is part of my 'thank you' contribution to the great people of this section. Bidam came and twisted the whole concept and then, 'in hastiness of words', DrummaBoy responded 'perhaps' in anger because him and Bidam had their intense on going argument that I suppose was carried over to this thread - such should not be of Bidam in the first place.

Like Tgirl said, we had people like Pastor Olu T, Pastor AIO and Ihedinobi as selected BUT we had to 'decide' the days of event and when we came up it was going to be 3 days, then we had to 'prayerfully' select the teachers, only one person was voted. Like I said, we cannot accommodate everyone in this first edition and that doesn't mean we divide the house. I will say, the statement of DrummaBoy is not his true intent but he might have spoken out of on-going argument between him and Bidam especially when Bidam came to corrupt the true intent of the programme and made big issues of out it that some people were not invited. Bidam wasn't there with the organizers, how could he conclude it was because of our differences that made us kicked some people out? Enigma came and straightened that up to clear that from his mind that he also disagree with one or two of the speakers on trinity with explanation that our differences could not have been the reason why some people are left out at this first edition. If we had selected more people, some people will still say why are so and so not selected - that's childishness.

Let us allow peace reign among the brethren. The truth is, after this convention, does that make our differences suddenly or immediately disappear? I don't also agree with some of the teachers on some issues like Candour said. It's not about our disagreement, we just cannot bring everybody together at this time. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag for now, I have more things in mind before the end of this year and we still cannot bring everyone together then to teach, we will have another set of teachers.

Grace and truth be multiplied to you all. Let the spirit of the Lord settle this in our heart! Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Soon, both of us will org our own "Woman thou hath loose" grin

Why are you letting the cat out of the bag? Ki lo ma n seyin gan na? grin
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360: Okay, @ All,

This is not a programme for dividing the brethren. I will never do that even though we can disagree. I don't want to dwell on this matter as such, I just have to explain few things. The whole issue is all about Bidam. The OP explained my initiative and the purpose of the programme - it is part of my 'thank you' contribution to the great people of this section. Bidam came and twisted the whole concept and then, 'in hastiness of words', DrummaBoy responded 'perhaps' in anger because him and Bidam had their intense on going argument that I suppose was carried over to this thread - such should not be of Bidam in the first place.

Like Tgirl said, we had people like Pastor Olu T, Pastor AIO and Ihedinobi as selected BUT we had to 'decide' the days of event and when we came up it was going to be 3 days, then we had to 'prayerfully' select the teachers, only one person was voted. Like I said, we cannot accommodate everyone in this first edition and that doesn't mean we divide the house. I will say, the statement of DrummaBoy is not his true intent but he might have spoken out of on-going argument between him and Bidam especially when Bidam came to corrupt the true intent of the programme and made big issues of out it that some people were not invited. Bidam wasn't there with the organizers, how could he conclude it was because of our differences that made us kicked some people out? Enigma came and straightened that up to clear that from his mind that he also disagree with one or two of the speakers on trinity with explanation that our differences could not have been the reason why some people are left out at this first edition. If we had selected more people, some people will still say why are so and so not selected - this is childishness.

Let us allow peace reign among the brethren. The truth is, after this convention, does that make our differences suddenly or immediately disappear? I don't also agree with some of the teachers on some issues like Candour said. It's not about our disagreement, we just cannot bring everybody together at this time. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag for now, I have more things in mind before the end of this year and we still cannot bring everyone together then to teach, we will have another set of teachers.

Grace and truth be multiplied to you all. Let the spirit of the Lord settle this in our heart! Thank you all.
Just like Adam, you would look for someone to blame,if you weren't so blind and ignorant you would've seen where i did post about making the mistake of commenting in the first place hence my apologies.
Every one is trying to resolve issues here only for you to come up with this inexcusable stupidity of yours?

I guess am done with you guys here.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Just like Adam, you would look for someone to blame,if you weren't so blind and ignorant you would've seen where i did post about making the mistake of commenting in the first place hence my apologies.
Every one is trying to resolve issues here only for you to come up with this inexcusable stupidity of yours?

I guess am done with you guys here.

Dont worry. I read where you admitted you shouldn't have jumped into the thread but you shouldn't have twisted the whole concept in the first place after the OP explained the initiative and the true intent. It is because of what you said that generated this argument. Let peace reign!
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
I made the modification to my last post bc I understand that for this thread and that of the convention, I will not be speaking as Drummaboy but as one of the planners and my words can be miscontrued to represent theirs. In a sense it does as we plan to speak with one voice.

Thanks U Alwaystrue for covering my tracks back there and the little statement that slipped out, represents my views and not that of the organizers or teachers.

Hopefully by the end of the convention much of what is left for me to say on NL would have been said. All that will be left will be to make referral to the convention thread and the bible, and make small remarks like my egbon Kun the Pastor.

Thank U Goshen, too, for the support.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ejo o...make we make peace abeg. Make una no throw me in d middle of the ocean o.

Make all of una smile for a group pix. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? / My Experience With Eckankar Religion / What is the Title Of Sunday Service Message In Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.