Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! (11300 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Dont worry. I read where you admitted you shouldn't have jumped into the thread but you shouldn't have twisted the whole concept in the first place after the OP explained the initiative and the true intent. It is because of what you said that generated this argument. Let peace reign!

It's this sort of thing that makes me very angry. Bidam may have had all kinds of reasons for laying a complaint here, but he had a right to lay one. If he had assumed wrongly that speakers were chosen and rejected on the basis of their position on tithing, it was up to the organizers to correct him.

I would not have even seen this thread if someone I was following didn't comment on it. I wouldn't have been troubled even by Bidam's complaint if DrummaBoy did not respond in the manner that he did. It matters nothing what you say this convention is meant for when one of its conveners speaks such bitterness. And quit presuming to know his heart.

Goshen, be careful whom you blame. If you want, you can turn this mild reproach into a full war. It won't do anybody much good and it may spoil the convention you're trying to do. If you cannot tolerate Bidam's concerns, ignore them. If you attack or blame him again, I really will take issue with you. I hope you understand me, bro. It is not a fight that anyone wishes for. It is communion.

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Alwaystrue(f): 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
@Candour, long time. I have missed those your lovely pieces. Let us get more of such. It is not about organising or not organising. When I saw this convention and the speakers, what came to mind is Goshen and co are doing their thing. What @Bidam raised though he had no proof then showed up eventually as the intent for the choices but I really see no big deal in who will be speaking or not. However, I guess there were some undercurrents I missed before now.

@Tgirl4real, Ok no hatred, accepted. No vex. grin grin grin. "women thou at loosed" has been copyrighted o by TD Jakes! grin
Anyway, I prefer to give my contributions/posts as succintly as possible more of the word, without stories as all these plenary sessions dey tire person sometimes jare. I will view anyways.

@Ihedinobi, your statements are apt. Different people have different interpretations to the same verse and as such points of view will always vary but maturity is seen in how we handle this just as you said. Thanks to God for His grace.

@Goshen, you no try at all. Why you dey fuel fire na. You dey feel like organiser o. I wish you the best anyway but no one is to blame. @Bidam raised his view and this was confirmed by what transpired, even though it was initially denied....whichever way you look at it.

@Bidam, no vex, no one is st.upid. You do not need to allow anyone make you leave like that. Everyone's input/even viewing will be of use. You never can say what you will get to gain. We learn everyday even if it is to strengthen what we already believe in. I learn from your posts just and there as some scriptures you post that I go back to read as if I am seeing them for the first time. So let those who want to talk talk, but for my sake as I humbly request, please pop in.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Dont worry. I read where you admitted you shouldn't have jumped into the thread but you shouldn't have twisted the whole concept in the first place after the OP explained the initiative and the true intent. It is because of what you said that generated this argument. Let peace reign!
And what was the twist in what i said? Do you think i am like you who sees black and call it white?

Enough of your hypocritical views abeg, i no get power.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2013
HOLY, HOLY, HOLY...

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord
And my spirit exults in God my Savior
For He has looked with mercy on my loneliness
And His name will be forever exalted

For my mighty God has done great things for me
And His mercies will reach from age to age
Holy, Holy, Holy is His name

(Trumpet interlude)

Repeat

Holy, Holy, Holy is His name

- Phil Driscoll, from the Mary's song of Luke 1: 46-49.

For a musical interlude.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: And what was the twist in what i said? Do you think i am like you who sees black and call it white?

Bidam , you started this squabble without asking why you were not initially included, we should learn as Christians to speak only after we have understood a matter.

comment edited out.

This is me being black and white.

smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
DrummaBoy: I made the modification to my last post bc I understand that for this thread and that of the convention, I will not be speaking as Drummaboy but as one of the planners and my words can be miscontrued to represent theirs. In a sense it does as we plan to speak with one voice.

Thanks U Alwaystrue for covering my tracks back there and the little statement that slipped out, represents my views and not that of the organizers or teachers.

Hopefully by the end of the convention much of what is left for me to say on NL would have been said. All that will be left will be to make referral to the convention thread and the bible, and make small remarks like my egbon Kun the Pastor.

Thank U Goshen, too, for the support.

Good voice!

Tgirl4real: Ejo o...make we make peace abeg. Make una no throw me in d middle of the ocean o.

Make all of una smile for a group pix. grin

I don open teeth for foto naw. grin grin grin
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: And what was the twist in what i said? Do you think i am like you who sees black and call it white?

Relax jooor. We're snapping pix now. Open your teeth for camera joor. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Can't you all just learn to get along Is the focus not supposed to be Christ

Allow this convention hold in one piece without much fuss...any complaint can be addressed later.

...and Drummaboy your post did not help matters.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

It's this sort of thing that makes me very angry. Bidam may have had all kinds of reasons for laying a complaint here, but he had a right to lay one. If he had assumed wrongly that speakers were chosen and rejected on the basis of their position on tithing, it was up to the organizers to correct him.

I would not have even seen this thread if someone I was following didn't comment on it. I wouldn't have been troubled even by Bidam's complaint if DrummaBoy did not respond in the manner that he did. It matters nothing what you say this convention is meant for when one of its conveners speaks such bitterness. And quit presuming to know his heart.

Goshen, be careful whom you blame. If you want, you can turn this mild reproach into a full war. It won't do anybody much good and it may spoil the convention you're trying to do. If you cannot tolerate Bidam's concerns, ignore them. If you attack or blame him again, I really will take issue with you. I hope you understand me, bro. It is not a fight that anyone wishes for. It is communion.
And that's what they were bro..My innocent concern borne out of a pure motive. Once again i apologize for the intrusion, i thought this is a gathering where believers can air their views with honesty and sincerity.Lesson learnt:in future i know which threads to comment.Shalom.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
#Unfollows
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Enigma(m): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
@ All

My plea is this:

Let us all completely forget who started the "trouble", who fanned it and who added to it etc.

Let us all learn from it and try to be more sensitive in situations like this*.

In this situation*, let us be temperate in pointing out shortcomings. And let those who are reproached (especially the organisers) show greater understanding of the reproaching viewpoints, humility to consider if things could have been done/said better.

Let us try and work together to make the best of this occasion and together to make future similar initiatives better and friction-free.

*I am ephasizing "this situation" because my view is that in the regular rumble of normal forum activities forcefulness and stridency is often required especially in the face of dishonest smears and/or potential spiritual endangerment.

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Enigma: @ All

My plea is this:

Let us all completely forget who started the "trouble", who fanned it and who added to it etc.

In this situation*, let us be temperate in pointing out shortcomings. And let those who are reproached (especially the organisers) show greater understanding of the reproaching viewpoints, humility to consider if things could have been done/said better.

Let us try and work together to make the best of this occasion and together to make future similar initiatives better and friction-free.

*I am ephasizing "this situation" because my view is that in the regular rumble of normal forum activities forcefulness and stridency is often required especially in the face of dishonest smears and/or potential spiritual endangerment.

Reading you, I had to withdraw my comments to Ihedinobi - he was using a threatening language at me and I don't appreciate that. Better ignore it. Anyway, we let peace reign!

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
frosbel:

Bidam , you started this squabble without asking why you were not initially included, we should learn as Christians to speak only after we have understood a matter.

comment edited out.

This is me being black and white.

smiley
Chei,i don relax finish na you come carry your wahala come again? anyway go through my post i never said i wanted to be included.Asper falsehoods,na Baba God know who be false and who be true. cheesy
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Reading you, I had to withdraw my comments to Ihedinobi - he was using a threatening language at me and I don't appreciate that. Better ignore it. Anyway, we let peace reign!

not a surprise, many Christians will insult, bully and condescend to anyone who does not share their views , yet still tagging themselves with the name of Christ who was gentle, humble and tolerant of ALL.

smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Bidam: Chei,i don relax finish na you come carry your wahala come again? anyway go through my post i never said i wanted to be included.Asper falsehoods,na Baba God know who be false and who be true. cheesy

You just dey open mouth for foto, na teeth we wan see joor. grin grin grin Leaf frosbel alone, face camera. grin grin grin
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360:

Perhaps I should also tell you that I'm ignoring your accusation that I threatened you because of that same post of Enigma's.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Perhaps I should also tell you that I'm ignoring your accusation that I threatened you because of that same post of Enigma's.

E-handshake and hug! cool

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Goshen360:

E-handshake and hug! cool

smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Enigma: @ All

My plea is this:

See...grammatically composed comment. grin

That's why I admire this guy I tell you. grin

Where's Debosky BTW? tongue
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 12:33am On Aug 24, 2013
^ Na egbon Enigma and Debosky be grammatical giants naw. You go fear fear. grin grin grin. Pray make that Grammar Police no come dey catch grammar here o. grin grin grin
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 8:34am On Aug 24, 2013
... And everyone lives happily ever after...

oh, I love nairaland!
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
Come and learn all you want on the subject of grace...

COME ONE, COME ALL!

IT'S GOING TO BE POWERFUL!!

BE THERE!!!

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by PastorKun(m): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Really looking forward to this convention, it is going to be the start of new and greater things that would emerge from NL religion section and through it by the grace of God a new revival would start in the Nigerian christian community and our christian brethen would come to appreciate the saving grace of our lord Jesus christ better thereby being set free of the burden fellow men placed on them in the name of religion whilst still being responsible God fearing christians.

I feel privileged and give glory to God that I have been opportuned to be a part of this revival and I pray that God directs me and all other presenters as we share his truth and bring others to a better understanding of the true gospel of our lord Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
# Appetizer mode activated #

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pastor Kun: Really looking forward to this convention, it is going to be the start of new and greater things that would emerge from NL religion section and through it by the grace of God a new revival would start in the Nigerian christian community and our christian brethen would come to appreciate the saving grace of our lord Jesus christ better thereby being set free of the burden fellow men placed on them in the name of religion whilst still being responsible God fearing christians.

I feel privileged and give glory to God that I have been opportuned to be a part of this revival and I pray that God directs me and all other presenters as we share his truth and bring others to a better understanding of the true gospel of our lord Jesus Christ.

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Ajibam: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
Looking forward to this..may the lord enrich and bless the heart of The speakers...

God bless The Organisers For this great Vision that will call us back to the grace He willingly gave Us
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Appetizer #1

Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. John 1:17. Noah found Grace in the eyes of the Lord, Genesis 6:8. How can Noah find Grace when Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ? God foreshadowed His Grace and revealed it to Noah, he didn't work for it but found it as a gift. The Grace that came by Jesus Christ came with truth as a fulfillment to the foreshadow because men are already in bondage and only the truth can set them free while the Grace empower them to live according to how they set free. Grace is the true mind of God in every generation (beginning from genesis) where sin and iniquity abound, Romans 5:20.

The purpose of this Grace enforced by the truth (that set men free) and its fullness that dwell in Christ, teaching all those who have come to receive Christ and also receive the fullness of what is in Christ; teaching them live godly and say no to iniquities (titus 2:11-13). These two divine power (Grace and truth) shall be radically explore by the anointed teachings of the guest speakers and shall minister to the hearers. Chains shall be broken, captives shall be set free and the Spirit of truth shall release Grace to carry on until the appearing of our Lord.

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
Ajibam: Looking forward to this..may the lord enrich and bless the heart of The speakers...

God bless The Organisers For this great Vision that will call us back to the grace He willingly gave Us

Thank you moderator. A big amen to the prayer above. We shall be looking fwd to your contribution to the success of the program.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
*just watching the Elders talk*
#who am i to even interfer in the discussion and clash of the mighty#
but i love this E-convention
YOU PEOPLE JUST BUILT SOMETHINGS IN ME THAT I WILL START WORKING ON****++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++***********++++++++++++++++**********++++++++++++++++++********+++++++++++++++++++++****+++++++++++++++++++++++**+++++++++++++++++++++++++*+++++++++++++++

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by haibe(m): 5:03am On Aug 25, 2013
Nice initiative by whosoever brought the idea of this e-convention, i must say i am really glad to be a partaker of this, i hope we end up learning and being blessed at the end of the convention.

Irrespective of the speakers stand in other doctrines, i think we should just see this as a means to learn more and increase our knowledge on the word of God, the speakers are okay by me and we shouldn't be arguing on who should be a speaker or who should not as everyone cannot be a speaker in a convention, if there is need to organize other conventions, then we can have other speakers.

I hope we start preparing to receive something from this convention and ask questions on issues we may find confusing or in which we need clearifications without any attempt to ridicule the speakers.

And just like drummaboy has started, i think we should post hymns and spiritual songs that can be associated with this convention's topic or simply about 'the grace of God', we should stop all arguments now unless we might still find ourselves arguing when the convention proper has started.

Thanks to you for organizing such an event and i pray the lord will use the speakers to touch lives.

PS: I know some of us may definitely not like some of the doctrinal beliefs of the speakers but i must say this: Let's put every personal bias away unless we might end up not gaining at all from the convention due to internal contention against the speakers, let's act like christians(one denomination;nairaland) for the first time, i mean let's not see ourselves as different denominations for the sake of this convention, thanks to you all as we comply, God bless us all and God bless the event.

2 Likes

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 5:16am On Aug 25, 2013
SHOW ME THY WAY

Show me thy way
Teach me the path
Free me from all of my fears
Trusting in you is so easy to do Lord
When I see you as you really are

As You really are, Lord and King
As You really are, Lord of everything
As You really are, help me to see you as you really are

- by Unknown song writer

This song above was taught to me as I concluded a Children Evangelism Ministry (CEM) course 8 yrs ago. Since then its been my way of praying to God to know more of Him.

When dimensions of His grace began to be unveiled to me, I saw it as an answer to the above prayer.

I call upon as many that will partake of this convention to come with a heart to know God, to find grace to help in time of need.

I wish everyone a GRACE filled convention.

God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Will Never Be Ungrateful To You Lord / My Experience With Eckankar Religion / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.