Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,543 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! (11303 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / E-Grace Convention 20-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2013
TESTIMONIES

We would be looking forward to testimonies from people who will come on the convention thread telling of the working of the grace of God in their lives. The leading testimony will be to hear from people who, prior to the time of the convention, were not professing Christians but decided to follow the Lord as they read the various thoughts on the workings of God's grace to sinful humanity: saying they are born again. We look forward to people who will tell us of how they have found renewed strength to serve God with grace in their hearts. These are the aims of this convention.

It was 2005,I had just recovered from a long illness following a mild surgery. I was home and recuperating, reading a great deal of scriptures and simply waiting on the Lord for direction in life. Those were very uncertain days, being two years old from NYSC and still there was no job and here was I becoming somewhat of a burden to my parents. I had taken to Children Evangelism to occupy my time but save for that, most of the week day was spent alone with God. But God was with me in those days. He began to reveal elements of His grace to me.

One February morning, I heard the scripture clear in my spirit: "the path of the just is like a shining light, shining ever brightly unto a perfect day". I didn't even know it was in the bible. I would later find it in the book of proverbs. God will bless the righteous - whose righteousness is from His Son, Jesus Christ, by His grace and not as a result of what the righteous could ever do or achieve. I remember that the meat of that truth was driven home not by a NT scripture but one from the OT:

Deuteronomy 2:1 Then we turned, and took our journey into the wilderness by the way of the Red sea, as the LORD spake unto me: and we compassed mount Seir many days. 2 And the LORD spake unto me, saying, 3 Ye have compassed this mountain long enough: turn you northward. 4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye are to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore: 5 Meddle not with them; for I will not give you of their land, no, not so much as a foot breadth; because I have given mount Seir unto Esau for a possession. 6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat; and ye shall also buy water of them for money, that ye may drink. 7 For the LORD thy God hath blessed thee in all the works of thy hand: he knoweth thy walking through this great wilderness: these forty years the LORD thy God hath been with thee; thou hast lacked nothing.

In the bolded emphasis we see God say he will not give Israel the land he gave Edom; why? He has given the land of Seir to the children of Esau. Note the word give [/i]and [i]given in those scriptures: that is the nature of God; he is one that gives. He is a God of grace. Now, what blew my mind then was Edom was not necessarily a nation worshiping Jehovah God. They had Abraham as their ancestor and for this they still enjoyed some level of grace from God. How much more God's children?

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

It is this God of grace we would be discussing about in Grace 2013 and we really hope that you will encounter him, receive a word from Him and go off to enjoy His grace in full. Whatever you do from now on, may it be out of response to the immeasurable grace God has bestowed on you and not just because you are trying to keep some laws or trying to please anyone.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
Hello Brethren.

Titus 2:11-14
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
I retweet...

Tgirl: Hello Brethren.

Titus 2:11-14
English Standard Version (ESV)
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, 12 training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, 13 waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works.

1 Like

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Alwaystrue(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2013
^^^^^Perfect description of grace and the work it does.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
DrummaBoy: [size=16pt]

Be Still...[/size]

Be still my soul, be still my soul
Cease from the labor and the toil
Refreshing springs of peace awaits
To troubled minds and hearts that ache

Be still my soul, God knows your ways
And He will guide for His Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of His grace
Rest in the arms of His embrace

Be still my soul, be still my soul
Though troubles round you rage and row
One thing you need and nothing more
To hear the whisper of His voice

[size=16pt]Be still my child, I know your ways
And I will guide for my Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of my grace
Rest in the arms of my embrace
[/size]
Be still my soul, God knows your ways
And He will guide for his Name sake
Plunge in the rivers of His grace
Rest in the arms of His embrace

- Don Moen

In this season of testimonies especially about what the grace of God has done in our lives. I wish to relate how the reality of the words in the above song by Don Moen came to me. I had been a few months old in the Lord and was basking in this wonderful grace of a life God had given me. This evening I came under a strong temptation. It is what some will call a little sin but it was real all the same. I fell to it; I sinned. Afterwards, I did some soul searching and I realized I had wronged God. So I asked God for forgiveness. But the guilt would not go.

There was I reeling under the weight of this guilt... and then somehow, someone had been playing the music of Don Moen and the above song was the last track on the tape. I think God was just merciful to me and made me to hear the words of the song. I listened, especially to the part enlarged above

Be still my child, I know your ways

I understood I had been forgiven. I understood that I will sin again but that His blood will speak yet again. I understood that though I could be a recalcitrant child, I remain His child all the same. I understood the grace of God beyond what words can describe here. Maybe that is why I am so passionate about the gospel of grace. Every man that I know that is also, had had a similar brush with sin. Luther's discovery of Justification by Faith stemmed from his own struggle against sin. He told his no. 1 assistant Phillip Melachtony "sin lustly, that grace might abound". He was saying in effect until you know the feeling of having done wrong and finding God accept you in spite of, you will not be enjoying the abundance of the grace He has made available against sin. That is why also, I am very careful when preaching the sanctification message: we must never give the impression that godliness is something that comes from sheer will and effort - it is the outworking of the Spirit of grace in us.

God dealt a lasting blow to guilt in my life that night and so now I know what it is to approach the throne of grace to find help and mercy in times when I need it. I trust that this convention shall espouse more on doctrines like this one.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
DrummaBoy: ...COMING SOON

GRACE CONVENTION 2013

THEME: GREAT GRACE, GREAT POWER!!!

Come and Partake of the first e-convention on Nairaland.com

COMING SOON…

Flyer designed by cuddlemie

Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
[size=14pt]Amazing Grace[/size]

Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch; like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

The Lord hath promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun.

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn.php/h/313#ixzz2dIXBSbI6
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Image123(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
My chains are gone, i've been set free,
My God my Saviour has ransomed me,
And like a flood, His mercy reigns,
Unending love, Amazing grace. (C Tomlin)
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by PastorKun(m): 6:30am On Aug 29, 2013
Image123: My chains are gone, i've been set free,

Really nice to see a positive contribution for once from Image123 smiley
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 29, 2013
DRUMMERBOY THE IDEA IS BORN..A SISTER CONVENTION ON FACEBOOK
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by alexleo(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2013
DrummaBoy:

In this season of testimonies especially about what the grace of God has done in our lives. I wish to relate how the reality of the words in the above song by Don Moen came to me. I had been a few months old in the Lord and was basking in this wonderful grace of a life God had given me. This evening I came under a strong temptation. It is what some will call a little sin but it was real all the same. I fell to it; I sinned. Afterwards, I did some soul searching and I realized I had wronged God. So I asked God for forgiveness. But the guilt would not go.

There was I reeling under the weight of this guilt... and then somehow, someone had been playing the music of Don Moen and the above song was the last track on the tape. I think God was just merciful to me and made me to hear the words of the song. I listened, especially to the part enlarged above

Be still my child, I know your ways

I understood I had been forgiven. I understood that I will sin again but that His blood will speak yet again. I understood that though I could be a recalcitrant child, I remain His child all the same. I understood the grace of God beyond what words can describe here. Maybe that is why I am so passionate about the gospel of grace. Every man that I know that is also, had had a similar brush with sin. Luther's discovery of Justification by Faith stemmed from his own struggle against sin. He told his no. 1 assistant Phillip Melachtony "sin lustly, that grace might abound". He was saying in effect until you know the feeling of having done wrong and finding God accept you in spite of, you will not be enjoying the abundance of the grace He has made available against sin. That is why also, I am very careful when preaching the sanctification message: we must never give the impression that godliness is something that comes from sheer will and effort - it is the outworking of the Spirit of grace in us.

God dealt a lasting blow to guilt in my life that night and so now I know what it is to approach the throne of grace to find help and mercy in times when I need it. I trust that this convention shall espouse more on doctrines like this one.

Thanks bros. If this is your own understanding of grace then God bless you. That is also my own understanding of grace and my approach to it. I thought your take on it is that once we are saved, then it doesn't matter if we sin again. But the point you made about approaching the throne of grace when we go wrong is the clincher. Many years ago I had the same experience like you then later on I understood that the Lord who told Peter to forgive seventy times seven(keep forgiving) will forgive unlimited provided we approach the throne of mercy. Yet not a licence for us to sin anyhow. We received salvation by grace, not works. We will also make heaven by grace. That's my believe.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by UyiIredia(m): 10:28am On Aug 29, 2013
Waiting for the convention. Make una organize sharpaly. Make the thread, put it on FP and start rallying Nairalanders ASAP.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 11:13am On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Waiting for the convention. Make una organize sharpaly. Make the thread, put it on FP and start rallying Nairalanders ASAP.

In another few minutes Goshen 360 shall be declaring GRACE 2013 opened on a new thread!

[size=32pt]Staty tuned...[/size]
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Candour(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2013
Image123: My chains are gone, i've been set free,

Say it on brother

Amen
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Ajibam: 11:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Let just pray they Grant It fp
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 11:31am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
To be candid, I and Christians dulled in promoting this convention. That should be a take-home lesson. It will be intersting if the attendance is high, at most, I expect it to be average.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Tgirl4real(f): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ajibam: Let just pray they Grant It fp

We wanted fp initially for Sunday to avoid derailment, but it wont be a bad idea if we have it today cos of people that may have questions.

You could help us emphasis the need for it to reach home page.
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Bella3(f): 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
This is really a great initiative. Weldone!
I'll find time to read everything. wink
Re: First Ever E-Convention, Grace 2013, has begun!!! by Goshen360(m): 12:15am On Aug 30, 2013
^ The convention started already here: https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013 Please join us tomorrow for the day 2. You're blessed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What is the Title Of Sunday Service Message In Your Church? / I Will Never Be Ungrateful To You Lord / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.