Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (23163 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by israel007: 5:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
You see. So how can we complain when their embassy treats us badly.

Nigerians sef.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by armyofone(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2013
Prof Corruption: NY office is a fraud too. Atlanta? Don't even go there! They are all the same.

NY is horrible. I went with my sis who wanted to renew her passport and I was like what? Sigh grin A city office? shocked A large room at the back is empty, while their main office is tight. With all the atrocious fee, why not hire more staff?
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by delors(m): 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
A-town:

I think the main issue is why do we Nigerians expect excellent service when we know we don't deserve it.
Our orientation is the problem. We do not like to do things the right way, yet we expect that when other Nigerians are in "positions of trust" that they will suddenly "forget" they are Nigerians and start behaving well.

Until we change our attitude nothing will change. If you as a Nigerian keep giving bribe, there will always be "bribe giver and takers"
If as a Nigerian, you keep rewarding incompetence, you will keep receiving incompetent service
Do you really expect people who don't give a damn about their duties to suddenly "change" because they are in another country? Especially when they have to render service to the same type of Nigerians who do the exact same thing they do?

If they would do the same thing in Nigeria, then you expecting them to change in another country is wishful thinking.
If we want anything to change, it has to start from Nigeria. If people are treated the same way in Nigeria, why do you expect it to change. Because they are in Canada?
in other words, the decadence is a welcome act that should be condoned and wholeheartedly embraced? I dont seem to follow your point. So, the best way to solve the problem is to continue with this non-challant attitude or go to nursery school to start teaching the kids moral studies? Change starts from you and me, true, and it starts now. Its a mental corruption. More is expected from people in positions of trust, thats why they are there. What exactly would it have cost who ever is in charge of public relations to post a single line on the website that the embassy would be closed for the following days? What? It is a case of unprofessionalism, mental poverty, mental corruption and the Nigerian-factor. Ordinarily, you try that as a canadian ministry, you pay millions in damages in lawsuit. But who is gonna sue who in this case? SMH Even the crying girl who just lost her $300 has no one to run to...its a shame. A big one.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
delors:
in other words, the decadence is a welcome act that should be condoned and wholeheartedly embraced? I dont seem to follow your point. So, the best way to solve the problem is to continue with this non-challant attitude or go to nursery school to start teaching the kids moral studies? Change starts from you and me, true, and it starts now. Its a mental corruption. More is expected from people in positions of trust, thats why they are there. What exactly would it have cost who ever is in charge of public relations to post a single line on the website that the embassy would be closed for the following days? What? It is a case of unprofessionalism, mental poverty, mental corruption and the Nigerian-factor. Ordinarily, you try that as a canadian ministry, you pay millions in damages in lawsuit. But who is gonna sue who in this case? SMH Even the crying girl who just lost her $300 has no one to run to...its a shame. A big one.

I merely indicated that we shouldn't act "surprised" or expect them to be "better" when we as Nigerians do the same thing.
If we as Nigerians don't change our attitude, then don't expect them to change as well. They are doing what "we" do as Nigerians. That's my point.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
payless: Sad indeed! I have seen it all in the U.S too. They behave like animals when you go to Nigerian embassies in the U.S and Canada. My sister in Canada went from Ontario to Ottawa four times before she got her passport renewed.

My friend went for appointment in Atlanta, Georgia for an appointment but when he got there there was no one to attend to him. He met Nigerians at the embassy drinking beer like it is beer parlor. [size=20pt]They also invited him to join them. [/size]

There was also a case of a Nigerian in Washington D.C who sent his passport for renewal but when they sent a passport back, it was someone else American passport that was snet to him with Nigerian visa on it.

Nigeria is a mess from top to the bottom. The country needs a shake down, home and abroad.

Cool guys cheesy
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by levos2007(m): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
Siga: This is so embarrassing and sad.... When will things change?

i paid 41pounds to NHC in london to renew my passport , and on their website its says 20pounds, so i rang up, the guy that answered the phone was so unprofessional; the conservation went like these
N.H.C STAFF --- yes
Myself: im calling because i think i have paid wrong fees in renew my passport
N.H.C STAFF : Oga na the same fee, just bring your old passport,
Myself:its says 20pound on N.H.C website.
N.H.C STAFF, Oga i dey tell you, na the same thing.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2402356609/
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
pDude: Watching this, tears welled in my eyes. cry

Nigeria is really cursed, within and without.

Like I said, as soon as I can I am burning that green passport as soon as I am able to.

Forget. You be naija for life. Only exception is if you were born elsewhere. Burn it 1000 times over, your new passport go still show place of birth as NIGERIA. Naija until you die juh

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by drake2005: 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
St$upid Nigerian Embassy officials. Atlanta is the worse. Next time I go there, I 'm taking a koboko whipping lash, long curve type used by the fulanis along with me. I whip any RUDE Nigerian official that gets on my sight. You don't treat animals nicely; you whip them when need be since they don't appreciate mutual respect and understanding.

Interpersonal skills ought to be incorporated in Nigerian educational system...it's lacking zero%. Typically Nigerians who studied abroad or have lived there for years; tend to learn how to do away with ingrained Nigerian rudeness, impatience and folly. FYI 99.99999999% of Embassy Nigerian officials are Nigerian-educated; like they shipped all of them straight out of Nigeria yesterday...I have no problem with this but at least train them on interpersonal relations. If they were educated there( US, Canada) trust me, you will see a difference in their demeanor and attitude. You won't understand the enormity of this until you visit a location...these are mad people, male and female, on so kind of potent drugs.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by MitchDLeo(m): 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Come and Try the One in Dublin, Ireland you'll even prefer that one in Canada. We Nigerians Hate ourselves lets be Realistic undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Lol that's why I preferred getting Nigerian visa until I finally got the passport in 2010.

One time I sent my passport to Nigerian embassy in DC to get a visa, jokingly those educated illiterates stamped arrival stamp on my passport lol he almost lost his job for that.

The funniest part is when you call the embassy sometimes a thick accents with sleepy voice will be like "hawlo des is nijaria ambassy" lol I call sometimes for laugh but one day I decided to say Shiit to them /)
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by lekkie073(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
Story story? Story...... cry undecided angry
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by lanresz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/08/22/ottawa-nigerian-high-commission-passports-visas-closed-angry-embassy-rcmp.html

Is this not interesting? "The high commission staff explained that they don't know how to operate the computer that makes passports and visas". I wonder how they still have a job.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Cuddlemii: 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hmmm, the lady with glasses was in tears, that was touching.

But what I don't get is the part where the interviewer asked for their full names. I mean is it compulsory to have their identity known to the general public?
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2013
The Nigerian embassy in Canada is rubbish.

For them to attend to you, you will have to worship them, praise them, salute them, pray for them, and ''sir'' and ''ma'' them.

The embassy feels like its a bunch of monkeys working there.

My friend has been expecting her Nigerian passport to be given back to her after she went to renew it and for YEARS she has not be given....I think they've misplaced it.

While most of them will have to go back to whatever city/province in Canada they came from to go back to the Nigerian embassy in Canada, my friend will be going back to Nigeria in December to get a new passport. grin... cry cry

Aal izz well. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by emmabest2000(m): 6:40pm On Aug 23, 2013
payless: Sad indeed! I have seen it all in the U.S too. They behave like animals when you go to Nigerian embassies in the U.S and Canada. My sister in Canada went from Ontario to Ottawa four times before she got her passport renewed.

My friend went for appointment in Atlanta, Georgia for an appointment but when he got there there was no one to attend to him. He met Nigerians at the embassy drinking beer like it is beer parlor. They also invited him to join them.

There was also a case of a Nigerian in Washington D.C who sent his passport for renewal but when they sent a passport back, it was someone else American passport that was snet to him with Nigerian visa on it.

Nigeria is a mess from top to the bottom. The country needs a shake down, home and abroad.
No picture no source . Fake news grin
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by karfe(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
What is the official recruitment process for the Nigerian foreign service?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Siga: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
lanresz: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2013/08/22/ottawa-nigerian-high-commission-passports-visas-closed-angry-embassy-rcmp.html

Is this not interesting? "The high commission staff explained that they don't know how to operate the computer that makes passports and visas". I wonder how they still have a job.
..... Imagine...
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by gtrust: 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2013
I no fit cry!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 23, 2013

My friend went for appointment in Atlanta, Georgia for an appointment but when he got there there was no one to attend to him. He met Nigerians at the embassy drinking beer like it is beer parlor. They also invited him to join them.

I was shocked when i got to the embassy in DC about two years ago to renew my passport, and guess what....no Electricity....I thought this was some April fool in the month of July.... To add insult upon injury, My name of the passport was misspelt and was told to come back in two months time, because the so-called machine used to print the name was in a different state...I just gave up and decided as adviced to make changes to it when next I'm in Nigeria. This crap still happens in the U.S....What a shame.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by IYANGBALI: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
No blame dem,ise ile lo ba won de ita. Bunch of lazy heediots
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ronnietilo: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Best thing is to fly to Nigeria if you can to sort things out. Nigerian Embassy in Canada is a shame

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Siga: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2013
ronnietilo: Best thing is to fly to Nigeria if you can to sort things out. Nigerian Embassy in Canada is a shame
....but some people no get choice as their passport don already expire and dem need it to travel at least....imagine the guy that called the embassy... dem tell am to come in... the guy fly for $1000 con reach ottawa to hit Embassy closed.... o ga gan ni ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by pappykay360: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
And who is the right person among them? undecided. Only God intervention can make things right in this country....
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Venchy: 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Na today ?, e don tay ooo.
Nigerians frustrated abroad is still bearable compare to frustration back in Naija gan gan na die.

It's sad but make we forget story, leave wetin dem write for Molue body, just jump inside.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
I ave heard that it's also difficult to get a Nigerian visa cos they expect applicants to bribe them.
Getting the passport is easier in Nigeria, just part with 18k and your passport is ready in three days!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Siga: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
saxywale: I ave heard that it's also difficult to get a Nigerian visa cos they expect applicants to bribe them.
Getting the passport is easier in Nigeria, just part with 18k and your passport is ready in three days!
..... 10k one day for Egba....
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by gtrust: 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
Last time I had to get a visa from a Nigerian embassy to travel to Nigeria.
Reason: Visa to 'foreigners' visiting Nigeria takes 1hour.
Nigeria Passport renewal takes unknown to forever to minimum of 2 weeks and 2 trips to the embassy!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Fhemmmy: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2013
saxywale: I ave heard that it's also difficult to get a Nigerian visa cos they expect applicants to bribe them.

If na joke, i beg - Stop am oh!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by jumobi1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2013
Local Staff are relatives of current/former diplomats. They don't hire professionals and they don't pay very well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by SANdos: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Where u expecting anything better? that's 'Nigeria' in Canada.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
emma_best2000: No picture no source . Fake news grin

Stewpid Olodo! Did I tell you I read the information somewhere? These were information I got from my sister and friends who had bad experiences in the hands of Nigerian embassies in U.S and Canada.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
papi365: WHO IS D RIGHT PERSON?

Nobody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) / A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today / Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.