Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,703 members, 7,813,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (23161 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Lucasbalo(m): 5:51am On Aug 24, 2013
I only use my nigerian passport to visit Nigeria. My other travels, i don't . So, what i do is renew d passport in lagos when i visit. This get me away from dealing with the embassy staff in U S.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by picklejuice(m): 6:02am On Aug 24, 2013
lepasharon:

Oga o! sad

Madam o!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Roforofo(m): 6:45am On Aug 24, 2013
So sad but good that the internet is exposing the abject failure and unseriousness of most of our embassies. There is a video on youtube of Nigerians attacking the Nigerian embassy in Senegal after being frustrated by the embassy staff. I NEVER fly with my Nigerian passport unless I am going to Nigeria. Not worth the hassle.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 7:30am On Aug 24, 2013
99cent:

dumb post.
The OP is complaining about incompetent igbo embassy workers. u r typing rubbish. read before typing.
igbos make up the highest number of federal govt employees in nigeria afterall. the incompetency is glaring.

tomorrow u will be saying u refuse to pay tax in lagos becuase you are in federal govt terrotory.
one day federal govt is your best friend, next day it's your enemy. u r very confused and irresponsible.

wonder why u can't make a post without inserting the word "lagos" in it. when the thread is about canada. grin

You are a fool. I didn't post this for you fool. Get lost.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2013
carmenblandish: WETIN ALL OF UNA DEY FIND FOR ABROAD SEF?.....COME RENEW FOR ABUJA OR PH OR ABA...NOTHING DEY HAPPUN
Ummm... u do know passports are for travelling outside ur country, right, not within it?!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by juman(m): 12:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
President Jonathan is failing woefully.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2402356609/
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by juman(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
I think the best thing is that we let another person lead the country as president and let see how he does his things differently.

This government is not very good.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
I have said this before and will say it again, despite the ever increasing amount of remittances flowing from Nigerians abroad, this group is nevertherless disparaged, maligned and denigrated with alarming frequency by embassy officials charged with its welfare. That such unpalatable experiences serve as a recurring decimal is, of course, testament to the discord, disunity and disorganisation which exists within the diasporan-based communities themselves.

It is no use crying of spilt milk folks! There is a stark choice between getting organised in our local towns/cities and demanding greater accountability from these embassies on the one hand, and agonising incessantly on the other.

Nigeria e-Passport Chaos in Manchester UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3itM8t_L_o

Drama at the Nigeria High Commission London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyiXKbf8hM

Nigerian Embassy Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLdeCUSVKc

Nigerian Embassy Senegal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aeFhF1s8RM

Nigerian Embassy London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNjf9AzDNo
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ogaju007(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Senegal video show there are more animalistic nigerians than human but can you blame them?
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by lekkie073(m): 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
So , u all abroad are waiting for we at home to clean up Nigeria for u to come back and enjoy. .........thunder fire una angry there
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ogaju007(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
lekkie073: So , u all abroad are waiting for we at home to clean up Nigeria for u to come back and enjoy. .........thunder fire una angry there

If u like clean am, if u like, no clean am.. na una wahala be dat...
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Limaoscar: 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Well, I listened to my Cousin and Her husband in Toronto lament about the Embassy in Ottawa where they spent 3 days waiting to get their passports renewed and a very Nasty Lady at the Embassy who gets so easily upset and even when you say "please don't be angry my sister"....it's like fuelling the embers of her anger....cos she will take it to another level.

Anyway, they left and returned to Toronto to wait for about 2-3 weeks before the passports will be mailed to them.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 25, 2013
No comment
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Horus(m): 12:32pm On Aug 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

RAW Frustration at Nigerian High Commission
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by santafe(m): 2:27am On Aug 28, 2013
livin:

If you can go to NY, do. I went there from Calgary and I got my passport renewed , hassle free, in 3 hours
pls. Is that possible with a US visit visa. I am on PR in
Canada.if I get a visit visa to US,will I get attention at the NY consular office. also can I renew on behalf of my wife and daughter.thanks
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Mrsfad2014: 10:32pm On May 24, 2015
Sad indeed! I have seen it all in the U.S too. They behave like animals when you go to Nigerian embassies in the U.S and Canada. My sister in Canada went from Ontario to Ottawa four times before she got her passport renewed.

My friend went for appointment in Atlanta, Georgia for an appointment but when he got there there was no one to attend to him. He met Nigerians at the embassy drinking beer like it is beer parlor. They also invited him to join them.

There was also a case of a Nigerian in Washington D.C who sent his passport for renewal but when they sent a passport back, it was someone else American passport that was snet to him with Nigerian visa on it.

Nigeria is a mess from top to the bottom. The country needs a shake down, home and abroad.

Hello everyone, pls I need help here. 2 years ago my family was given American visa and now we want to renew the visa through drop box but I read from the eligibility page that you are not eligible if you are upto 14 years old after your last application. One of my sons clocked 14 in April. Should we do drop box together or we apply without him and latter do appearance application him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Things To Check In Your Car Before A Long Drive - FRSC / Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) / A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.