Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,740 members, 7,813,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada (23162 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by IYANGBALI: 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
Artless360: Hmm naija same evrywer
we are like empty n{mtn}anywhere we go
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
payless:

Stewpid Olodo! Did I tell you I read the information somewhere? These were information I got from my sister and friends who had bad experiences in the hands of Nigerian embassies in U.S and Canada.

Seems i may know your sister and friends because i "personally" know of that situation where a nigerian passport was sent for renewal and an american passport was returned. small world.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 23, 2013
glitest:

I was shocked when i got to the embassy in DC about two years ago to renew my passport, and guess what....no Electricity....I thought this was some April fool in the month of July.... To add insult upon injury, My name of the passport was misspelt and was told to come back in two months time, because the so-called machine used to print the name was in a different state...I just gave up and decided as adviced to make changes to it when next I'm in Nigeria. This crap still happens in the U.S....What a shame.

The only shame is expecting world class service simply because "it" is in the US. Why were you surprised? Is the nigerian embassy staffed by americans? Why do we like deceiving ourselves. Simply because the embassy is in the US, you expect magic. THe nigerian embassy represents NIGERIA in the US. If the current situation in NIGERIA is the way it is, please tell me why you are expecting MIRACLES from the embassy. Would i be wrong if i said they are actually PERFORMING WELL.. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2013
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
To my Fellow Igbos..
My brothers and sisters in the house. You can see that the Government don't give a damn about you if you are in a foreign land. The best thing is for us to abandon the useless Nigeria and support Biafra. Nigeria is a curse and is destined to be destroyed. If you keep on staying with the wild forest (Nigeria), the animals (Nigerians) will continue to treat you anyhow just like they are doing in the Yoruba Lagos. Now that an International Airport is at Enugu, we should stop going to that dirty airport in that dirty Lagos to travel outside the wild forest. Akanu Ibiam International Airport is nearer to your home and the transportation fare to the airport is cheaper. Please think what I have said. "One Nigeria" is not in existence. Biafra is the way.

Chukwu gozie Ndi Igbo!!!!!!
Chukwu gozie Biafra!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2013
You guys are not telling the whole truth.
i have transacted two processes with this same Nigerian high commission at ottawa canada.
i renewed my passport and authenticated my driver's license on different dates this year 2013. They are fairly efficient as my passport was renewed same day but they delayed a bit in posting it. Those who waited for theirs got it same day but i had to travel back on time because of certain assignments. As for the authentication , it was ready and dispatched earlier than my expectation. Please bear with them, they are not machines.

they have improved tremendously with the exception of answering phone calls , please check on them this 2013.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Siga: 10:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
dafnna: You guys are not telling the whole truth.
i have transacted two processes with this same Nigerian high commission at ottawa canada.
i renewed my passport and authenticated my driver's license on different dates this year 2013. They are fairly efficient as my passport was renewed same day but they delayed a bit in posting it. Those who waited for theirs got it same day but i had to travel back on time because of certain assignments. As for the authentication , it was ready and dispatched earlier than my expectation. Please bear with them, they are not machines.

they have improved tremendously with the exception of answering phone calls , please check on them this 2013.
.... Can u say this to those that are in that video undecided ... I am even thinkin what u would have to say if U happen to be the guy that flew all the way from Calgary, after been told to come... then got to the gate to see notice that the embassy is closed... with no mention of such on their website.... how efficient is that ?
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by 99cent: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
Uncanny Genius: To my Fellow Igbos..
My brothers and sisters in the house. You can see that the Government don't give a damn about you if you are in a foreign land. The best thing is for us to abandon the useless Nigeria and support Biafra. Nigeria is a curse and is destined to be destroyed. If you keep on staying with the wild forest (Nigeria), the animals (Nigerians) will continue to treat you anyhow just like they are doing in the Yoruba Lagos. Now that an International Airport is at Enugu, we should stop going to that dirty airport in that dirty Lagos to travel outside the wild forest. Akanu Ibiam International Airport is nearer to your home and the transportation fare to the airport is cheaper. Please think what I have said. "One Nigeria" is not in existence. Biafra is the way.

Chukwu gozie Ndi Igbo!!!!!!
Chukwu gozie Biafra!!!!!!

dumb post.
The OP is complaining about incompetent igbo embassy workers. u r typing rubbish. read before typing.
igbos make up the highest number of federal govt employees in nigeria afterall. the incompetency is glaring.

tomorrow u will be saying u refuse to pay tax in lagos becuase you are in federal govt terrotory.
one day federal govt is your best friend, next day it's your enemy. u r very confused and irresponsible.

wonder why u can't make a post without inserting the word "lagos" in it. when the thread is about canada. grin
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Qc1(m): 10:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
pDude: Watching this, tears welled in my eyes. cry

Nigeria is really cursed, within and without.

Like I said, as soon as I can I am burning that green passport as soon as I am able to.

I did that to my green passport once. I regret that decision because they won't issue me a visa in my blue passport when I need to travel to naija.

To them, I'm not a naija, even though my blue passport clearly stated that I was born in Lagos and my name is typical Yoruba, not to forget I was speaking with Ikorodu language.

The experience was very pathetic.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by 99cent: 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Siga: This is so embarrassing and sad.... When will things change?

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2402356609/

sooo sad. my eyes welled up for the woman.
Who knows, those embassy workers probably aren't getting paid regular monthly salaries.

reminds me of secondary school in Naija where the teachers barely get paid so they come to school and sit around to talk and sell clothes and accessories amongst each other rather than teach class. When they do come to class they complain about how they are teaching out of pity and they are not being paid to do so. even there are those we pray that they never show up because all they do is bring their anger and frustration to the classroom. were they corrupt? should I blame them? I don't know. but the situation clearly is messed up. grin

the police officers taking bribes in d street, chances also are that they can barely afford to feed their family. Otherwise, then definitely they are the fiend of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Richy4(m): 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
Based on my experience and what i read about Nigerian Embassy in other countries,I think Australia got the best Nigeria Embassy.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by santafe(m): 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2013
dafnna: You guys are not telling the whole truth.

Hello,
How did you go about it. I live in Calgary and my Passport and my wife's and that of my daughter will expire by May next year. Just want to start preparing on time. Thanks

Santa Fe
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2013
A-town:

The only shame is expecting world class service simply because "it" is in the US. Why were you surprised? Is the nigerian embassy staffed by americans? Why do we like deceiving ourselves. Simply because the embassy is in the US, you expect magic. THe nigerian embassy represents NIGERIA in the US. If the current situation in NIGERIA is the way it is, please tell me why you are expecting MIRACLES from the embassy. Would i be wrong if i said they are actually PERFORMING WELL.. :

You know there is a big difference BTW trying to be funny and just plain $tupid....I and every persons whose had similar or even worse experiences at the embassy, do expect some type of professionalism from the so-called employees at the embassy, whether in Nigeria or overseas....You asked why was I expecting a MIRACLE?. I wasn't expecting a miracle,i was just disappointed by the lack of coordination and cooperation by the employees.May i suggest you read my comments again?, because you sound ignorant.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Onyeoma3: 11:46pm On Aug 23, 2013
99cent:

dumb post.
The OP is complaining about incompetent igbo embassy workers. u r typing rubbish. read before typing.
igbos make up the highest number of federal govt employees in nigeria afterall. the incompetency is glaring.

tomorrow u will be saying u refuse to pay tax in lagos becuase you are in federal govt terrotory.
one day federal govt is your best friend, next day it's your enemy. u r very confused and irresponsible.

wonder why u can't make a post without inserting the word "lagos" in it. when the thread is about canada. grin

In as much as his post is irrelevant to the topic being discussed, the best you would have done is to ignore his post as every other person did cos you sounded tribalistic as well...you sounded no better than he did.

"The OP never mentioned anything about incompetent IGBO embassy workers".

Also,what proof do you have to show that Igbos make up the highest number of Fed Govt employees in Nigeria?? I doubt...
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ogaju007(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2013
whats wrong with you people and tribalism? This is a big shame and shows how much a country values it's citizens.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2013
This is bollocks!!! That Oluwakemiola is a fraud she cant even call her name.. see how old she is mehn...

They have alway wanted Nigeria to contract her passport production abroad...

I was there in April but couldn't get my passport due to cyber issues but the woman assured us that if we come back, we are sure to get it.

I was there 3 weeks ago, and I got my passport same day.. I'm in Nigeria now sef.. I needed that passport to travel...

Those ppl whining are frauds trust me. The embassy actually functioned well. The Igbo woman there is a mother and she made sure all students get their passports on time so they can renew their visas etc.. the woman has tried mehn.. The embassy has changed and is more efficient since that woman started working there.

The problem is Nigerians who want sharp sharp jobs couldn't get it..

Simply pu, at home, the govt is the problem, abroad, the citizens are...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ogaju007(m): 12:09am On Aug 24, 2013
0lumide: This is bollocks!!! That Oluwakemiola is a fraud she cant even call her name.. see how old she is mehn...

They have alway wanted Nigeria to contract her passport production abroad...

Simply pu, at home, the govt is the problem, abroad, the citizens are...

If the people are making false accusation, will the tv channel be doing the same as well. i think you need to pay more attention to detail. If the embassy functioned well, they would have notified them of their inability to honour the appointment. imagine your bank not opened for business on a monday when u need it most and you have travelled from afar...
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by ocheejemb: 12:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Qc-1:

I did that to my green passport once. I regret that decision because they won't issue me a visa in my blue passport when I need to travel to naija.

To them, I'm not a naija, even though my blue passport clearly stated that I was born in Lagos and my name is typical Yoruba, not to forget I was speaking with Ikorodu language.

The experience was very pathetic.

Well you did burn your passport and effectively renounce your citizenship
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Freddieyankee(m): 12:47am On Aug 24, 2013
My passport is still at the embassy in New York after 2 months of trying to renew it... When you call they give you an attitude and tell you they are waiting for lamination machine.... I had to miss my vacation trip to Aruba and ended up losing 350 dollars for flight cancellation and 200 for hotel cancellation thanx to our wonderful and honorable embassy
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by tellwisdom: 1:12am On Aug 24, 2013
Nigerians frustrated in Canada??....Why??..No food?? sad
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Goldenboy007(m): 1:35am On Aug 24, 2013
A-town:

I think the main issue is why do we Nigerians expect excellent service when we know we don't deserve it.
Our orientation is the problem. We do not like to do things the right way, yet we expect that when other Nigerians are in "positions of trust" that they will suddenly "forget" they are Nigerians and start behaving well.

Until we change our attitude nothing will change. If you as a Nigerian keep giving bribe, there will always be "bribe giver and takers"
If as a Nigerian, you keep rewarding incompetence, you will keep receiving incompetent service
Do you really expect people who don't give a damn about their duties to suddenly "change" because they are in another country? Especially when they have to render service to the same type of Nigerians who do the exact same thing they do?

If they would do the same thing in Nigeria, then you expecting them to change in another country is wishful thinking.
If we want anything to change, it has to start from Nigeria. If people are treated the same way in Nigeria, why do you expect it to change. Because they are in Canada?

Those words above are golden,beautifully said and food for thought !!! 99% of us complain about the same attitude we would have if we happen to be in that same position. If there is anything like redemption for Nigeria then it is far from sight, our problem is not leadership it's US because these leaders are picked from amongst ourselves!!! Except our value system changes no spiritual miracle would make Nigeria progress!!!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by picklejuice(m): 2:02am On Aug 24, 2013
I almost cried blood when I went to the embassy at Ottawa from Saskatoon to renew my passport and they said their machine wasn't working. Despite the fact that I called a day b4 leaving to confirm my appointment. Their machine had been down for 4 days and they didn't think it would be reasonable to tell me until I got on the plane and went there.

I paid $850 flight ticket plus $135 hotel plus about $70 taxi, all that money went to waste.

I also had to apply for study and work permit twice in a space of 5 months due to not getting my passport initially. One of those applications cost abt $300.

I finally got my passport this year in march.

Those people are useless in that office. My friend hasn't gotten his passport in like 4 yrs since he applied cos they misplaced his passport and wouldn't give him a new one because apparently his finger prints were already on the old one.

They should shut down that embassy!
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by amnestylaw1(m): 2:26am On Aug 24, 2013
The embassy at Vienna is same...
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Qc1(m): 3:25am On Aug 24, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Well you did burn your passport and effectively renounce your citizenship

Please don't tell me that the same thought never crossed your mind with this alarming rate of frustration you get from the Nigerian embassy.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by Funjosh(m): 3:48am On Aug 24, 2013
Fazhy: At a point in life if care is not taken, abnormal things begin to appear normal.

na today, it is already happening.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by livin: 4:11am On Aug 24, 2013
The Nigerian embassy in New York is definitely one of the best in the world in terms of efficiency. The are super organized and they actually listen to you, ask if you have any questions and you get your passport the same day. actually in less than 3 hours. The lady running that embassy is amazing. one of the times/places where you are proud to be Nigerian.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by joyli: 4:13am On Aug 24, 2013
I pity ma sef oo, mine will be due in November oo. grin cheesy
The funny thing abt Nigerian embassy in Newyork is that, the outside is America n inside na proper naija! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by joyli: 4:14am On Aug 24, 2013
livin: The Nigerian embassy in New York is definitely one of the best in the world in terms of efficiency. The are super organized and they actually listen to you, ask if you have any questions and you get your passport the same day. actually in less than 3 hours. The lady running that embassy is amazing. one of the times/places where you are proud to be Nigerian.

Are u sure of what u are saying? Cos am scared already.
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by livin: 4:24am On Aug 24, 2013
santa fe:
Hello,
How did you go about it. I live in Calgary and my Passport and my wife's and that of my daughter will expire by May next year. Just want to start preparing on time. Thanks

Santa Fe

If you can go to NY, do. I went there from Calgary and I got my passport renewed , hassle free, in 3 hours
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by livin: 4:26am On Aug 24, 2013
joyli:

Are u sure of what u are saying? Cos am scared already.

Yes I was told that and I didn't believe it too. But I just renewed mine 2 months ago. I went there from Calgary and it costs almost the same as going to Ottawa
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by lepasharon(f): 5:08am On Aug 24, 2013
pickle_juice: I almost cried blood when I went to the embassy at Ottawa from Saskatoon to renew my passport and they said their machine wasn't working. Despite the fact that I called a day b4 leaving to confirm my appointment. Their machine had been down for 4 days and they didn't think it would be reasonable to tell me until I got on the plane and went there.

I paid $850 flight ticket plus $135 hotel plus about $70 taxi, all that money went to waste.

I also had to apply for study and work permit twice in a space of 5 months due to not getting my passport initially. One of those applications cost abt $300.

I finally got my passport this year in march.

Those people are useless in that office. My friend hasn't gotten his passport in like 4 yrs since he applied cos they misplaced his passport and wouldn't give him a new one because apparently his finger prints were already on the old one.

They should shut down that embassy!

Oga o! sad
Re: Nigerians Frustrated At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada by lepasharon(f): 5:09am On Aug 24, 2013
Almost similar happenings in london undecided sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Injured In Hit And Run Accident In Lekki (Graphic Photos) / A Fallen Container At Berger Bus-stop Caused This Long Traffic Holdup Today / Ongoing Awka Millennium City Full Coverage (video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.