Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,338 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) - Literature (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) (321631 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by adegwurulez(m): 1:47am On Nov 07, 2013
1:47am and am still on nairaland.

only one writer can do this to me
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ministerblessed: 7:25am On Nov 07, 2013
Seriously kay,where r u?
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by BestBabe1: 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kay thanks for having the interest of your readers/fans at Heart. you're one of a kind!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by MzLakore(f): 4:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
Kay....wen is ur next update
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Xclusvibebay: 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
Runs into thread to see if kay as deliver.....oh no kay is nt around....
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello my loves

Miss me?
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by rossyV226(f): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Yes of course!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
There were a few agents in the room in strategic positions and a handful outside the building. Sophia wore a gold necklace with a golden Versace head pendant. It was not just a pendant. It was a tiny but powerful indoor camera. There were five agents in a black ford van six buildings away from the Galleria, working the phones and watching every single surveillance footage within a kilometer radius of the vicinity. Ope was in the van and he was responsible for Sophia’s safety. He had access to the tiny powerful camera embedded within her necklace.

“A lovely couple, aren’t they?” Ope said

The golden studs that Sophia had in her ear holes were not just earrings. They were audio receptors to listen in on whatever information Ope and other agents had for her.

“Ope. You really want to look for trouble don’t you?” Sophia replied, walking towards the cinema entrance to join the already long queue of waiting people. She spoke very subtly, barely opening her lips. Nobody noticed anything.

“Pardon me ma’am. It was just a harmless observation.” Ope replied.

Sophia cleared her throat, making soft grunting sounds. Ope understood what she wanted.

“It’s a code green. Targets are visible and the weather is good enough to tango. We are keeping close watch on the two lovebirds. If we get a point of entry, we will pass the information to you at once.” Ope said.

“Okay. Good. What can you see from CAM 2?” Sophia said again, very quietly covering her lips with her left palm

CAM 2 was the surveillance camera attached to the door allowing entry into the viewing room.

“All clear. Sean has been whispering into Eva’s ears too often. I’m thinking they may be scheming something. Be careful Agent S.” Ope said.

Sophia did not reply.

She reached into her pretty diamond studded purse and took out a small lipstick. It had a button attached to it. It was not a lipstick but an ultra sound disrupter. When activated, it sends very high pitched frequencies through the radio waves, disrupting any kind of signal for the 50 meters. She had brought the ultra sound disrupter just so that she could ascertain if Sean was having help from outside. She had earlier warned all agents working with her that when Ope gave the sign, they should all deactivate their ear buds so that they do not get affected by the disrupted signal.

Sophia brought the lipstick to her chest level so that Ope could have a good view. She held it there for three seconds. It was more than enough time for Ope to warn the others. As the queue began to move slowly she pressed the button.

Immediately Sophia pressed the button, Sean held his head in his hands. He was in excruciating pain. Eva tried asking him what the problem was but Sean was in too much pain and unable to reply. He tried to control the pain, but it was sharp and tore through his head. The device in his ear was delivering a very high pitched sound and only he could hear it. The people behind him wondered what was going on. Eva tried desperately to talk to him but he would not reply. Still in pain, he put his left forefinger into his left ear and pulled out the tiny round device. He felt relieved. He held the tiny device in his hands as they entered the very dark viewing room.

“I think it’s faulty. It almost turned me deaf.” Sean said to Eva, handing the device to her.

Eva collected the device from him, keeping it in a small area of her handbag. As they climbed the stairs in the viewing room and walked through the row of seats, Sean looked round and backwards. The room was dark but he was hoping that he could pick out a familiar face. He could not.

Sophia smiled. She had witnessed the small drama. Her instincts had been right after all. Sean and Eva were not working alone.

The Colonel opened a plastic bottle of Coke and drank the contents up till half. He had lost contact with Sean a few minutes back. At first he almost panicked. But when the transponder came on again, he understood what had happened. Someone had used a Sound Disrupter. Before the connection went off, there was a brief static. He had heard Sean’s barely audible groan before the connection came back on. He had tried to re-establish contact, calling Sean’s name several times to no avail. Some one knew that Sean was not alone. The Colonel knew that if he decided to go in, the whole operation would be jeopardized. That was exactly what they wanted him to do. Draw him out of obscurity and nail him. Sean was going to have to find a way out of this one on his own. Deep inside him, The Colonel had no doubts whatsoever of what of Sean was capable of.

He sipped his coke and prayed that all would go well.

Ambrose was sitting in a chair inside a large and beautifully furnished office. He was laid back and relaxed, his back resting on the swivel chair and his legs crossed on the desk. He had his hands behind his head as he listened to the soft jazz that played from his very old Ipod Unlimited. The office formerly belonged to Tawo. Upon his recovery Ambrose had been instructed to take control of the Operations of BeeHive. The current objective was to isolate The Colonel. Ambrose was also monitoring the Galleria Operation, serving as a back end last resort if things got out of hand.

“Incoming message from BeeHive Agent Ambrose.” An electronic voice said from the 42 inch computer screen on the wall in front of him.

“Let’s hear it Iris.” Ambrose replied.

“The Colonel left target coordinates eighteen hours ago. He was spotted in a black Mazda Mpv Le with unregistered plates. Sean and Eva were in the same car.” Iris finished.

Ambrose jerked from his chair and got up immediately. He pressed a button on his table.

“Tell me you have more than that.” Ambrose said.

The button was a direct connection to BeeHive working in the floor below him.

“Actually we do.” Someone replied.

“Is that Agent Nedu?” Ambrose asked.

“Reporting sir. After we sent that mail, we tracked the car carefully, noting all landmarks that it had passed through. It stopped S70W degrees and has not moved beyond that for fifteen minutes now. We tracked the coordinates and it is just half a kilometer before the Galleria. The images are being transferred to your screen as we speak” Nedu replied.

Ambrose turned and faced the huge monitor, hung on the wall. The satellite image of a map on the computer zoomed in on a street. It automatically got out the image of the car and its surrounding.

“Nedu, deploy the micro sensors and give me an automatic scan of the whole car. Fingerprints, hair samples, saliva, fart, anything! I need to know who and who were in that car. Get me the footages from the nearby CAMs. Streamline them and pick out any relevant information that may be of use to us. I want that report immediately. I’m just got a cup of warm coffee from the mug. I’d better get that report before this coffee gets cold.” Ambrose threatened.

“Roger that sir.” Nedu said and went off the line.

Ambrose opened the drawer to his desk and took out a long white ear piece. It had a single cable that connected his ears and his lips. He pressed a button on it and waited as it rang in his ears.

“Ambrose. Any updates?” Ope said as Ambrose listened in through his earpiece.

Ambrose was pacing the room now, one hand on his hip while the other swiped an ipad.

“The Colonel is near you. We spotted his transport not too far from you. Bee Hive is currently looking for additional info. Be on the alert.” Ambrose warned.

“Copy that Ambrose. I will keep a watchful eye on proceedings although I think Agent S has an idea already. She has frozen the communication between Sean and The Colonel by activating the Ultra Sound Disrupter. Sean was wired and he fell out. I don’t know what she has planned and I haven’t been able to talk to her. I guess she wants no interference whatsoever.” Ope replied.

“So we wait?” Ambrose asked

“No. Nobody waits. Just keep a tab on BeeHive. Be our eyes out here. We have five Cams around this 1kilometere radius. You can hack into them and control the survelliance system. Have Bee Hive maintain a constant trace, looking for matches between the exhibits they have and the available frames the surveillance would produce. If the Colonel makes a move you should be able to see it before I do. Then we can counter.” Ope advised.

“Alright then soldier. Over and Out.” Ambrose replied and the line went dead.

As Ambrose sat back in his swivel chair, the door to his office opened.

“Hello Ambrose. Thank you for holding forte. I will take it from here.”

It was the General.

4 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by beckytunde(f): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
ghen ghen
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by rajsol(m): 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
nice 1 dre bro
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ghen ghen

Nice one Kay.. Didn't see this coming
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Belbest(m): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Finally finally we have an update from our oniy kmj all the boss
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by micholalo(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
I love this. Wao! This one na action o!

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ministerblessed: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
I don wait sotey I no wan read d update again but I no fit,d tin just too sweet. Mr kay dnt repeat dis tin again.....if not,I go show u say I b colonel hehehehehehehehe. THUMBS UP SIR

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Wase20019: 9:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
keep up the good work kay
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kingphilip(m): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
Na dis one dem de call last battle hope colonel team wins
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by janeso(f): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ur a genius..keep it up
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ninja4life(m): 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hehe enjoying dis action movie.waiting patiently for d next episode.nive work by kayemjay.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
this general get swag abeg...l0ls..lawd have marci

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by may01(f): 11:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Nice...Kay,its not fair.U know what I'm talking about
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Sexitee03(f): 11:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
Oh baby! Even though I know you are a genius you never fail to make my heart beat faster! Well done kiss
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by stefikal(f): 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Thumbs up...am so feeling d colonel right now...
#TeamColonel
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by felipemadero(m): 1:33am On Nov 08, 2013
Hmmmm...tnks Mr Kay**Blushn** cheesy
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Xclusvibebay: 4:11am On Nov 08, 2013
Thumbs up man u did it again.....kill d vipers
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Xclusvibebay: 4:12am On Nov 08, 2013
Thumbs up man u did it again.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Kessleek(m): 9:09am On Nov 08, 2013
This is what we call the battle that leads to the last fight...
Nice one kay... U get onions....
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2013
Morning guys.

Thanks a lot for the love. You guys are the 'bestest' fans any writer could pray to have.

Where's that Monachy sef? Lol.

Two more updates and this story ends. I am planning to update today and the final update on Sunday. They are going to be very long updates. Please pray that everything goes well for me so I can update. I have no idea what is going to happen right now, cos my head is blank. But you know I always deliver.

I intend for these final updates to be mind blowing. I want to put my best in it. I want you to feel the story, feel the passion, feel the goose pimples, feel the emotion, feel the tears (some unexpected people will die) and at the end of the day, have you guys wishing it never had to end.

If I do not update at the said times, please rest assured that I am still typing and will definitely update as soon as I am done.

WELCOME TO THE FINAL EPISODES OF ....

[size=17pt] AN EVENING WITH EVA [/size]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by stefikal(f): 9:36am On Nov 08, 2013
kayemjay: I intend for these final updates to be mind blowing. I want to put my best in it. I want you to feel the story, feel the passion, feel the goose pimples, feel the emotion, feel the tears (some unexpected people will die) and at the end of the day, have you guys wishing it never had to end.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

crying 4 dose who are going 2 b 'Kpaied'... Especially ...#LipsSealed

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kingobozy: 9:45am On Nov 08, 2013
Ohboy!!! E go soon end oooh **shivers in fear nd anxiety**.. I jst hope sean is not goin 2 be in a body bag by d end of d day.. Nd i predict dt d colonel nd general are goin2 have d final face-off*karate style..i'e mean no guns jst physical combact hehehehe**
Am xo salivation 4 d final 2 updates..
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Therock5555(m): 11:26am On Nov 08, 2013
#rubs his palms in anticipation for last fight. Actor vs boss#

oga Kay abeg find me one babe to dey chill with while i wait for final showdown in little tokyogrin

any babe interested?? I bring kunu and ice fish ooogringrin
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Madawaki01(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2013
Chai!!!awaiting the final fight.,#team_colonel grin
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 08, 2013
Omo. Its really been a while o. No b small waka. Reading through page 20 to 62 in one morning *i'm really sweating*

For those who don't know me , je'mapelle Bodashee, the self appointed and widely accepted Chief whip on this thread, and ADC to to our Oga Kay.

Beesqueezy, Sexitee and oga Rock555. I sight una jare. How have you all been. Pls damsels don't forget our december ish o. Keep reminding me pls.

Fans of the story. Una weldon. Madawaki, yettocome, vivvy, rapmike, and many others. Thanks for your dedication and support.

I feel so bad that I'm resuming when the thread is about to end, but in the meantime pls let's all maintain decorum and be one big happy family. God bless you all. Chao.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (78) (Reply)

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.