Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (558878 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JonesK: 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
Oh, and I'm not trying to convert you. I'm not even Christian. And as you know, Uniben can be a very annoying school for non-Christians. I just want to pick your brains.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by vickyO(f): 8:53pm On Jan 01, 2014
Ishilove:
He was banned by Seun for using a 'troll name'. Personally, I don't give a little pinkie if he comes back. angry

I know you're mad at him but you've got to let it go........ wink

Rational mind<don't deactivate your account> just don't subscribe for internet.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2014
rationalmind:

Hehehe, in that case, they shouldn't had given me admission at all. I would had appreciated that. grin

Wetin be animal nutrition? So so dead courses na in full the school.

Plant management and toxicology

Crop science

Soil science

yeah...Cuz who needs to eat right? undecided

What do we need the bolded for? Doesn't the food we eat just magically appear at the market? undecided

smh

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by vickyO(f): 9:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
texanomaly:

yeah...Cuz who needs to eat right? undecided

What do we need the bolded for? Doesn't the food we eat just magically appear at the market? undecided

smh

The problem is courses like that aren't appreciated in Nigeria.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2014
vickyO:

The problem is courses like that aren't appreciated in Nigeria.

hmmm...Nigerians don't like to eat? undecided
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by vickyO(f): 9:15pm On Jan 01, 2014
texanomaly:

We eat....
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 01, 2014
vickyO:

I know you're mad at him but you've got to let it go........ wink

Rational mind<don't deactivate your account> just don't subscribe for internet.

Yea, m thinking of that. My Bis is expiring on the 22nd of this month I think so there's no way I won't have access to the internet.

I should have enough self control not to visit. If I can, no need to deactivate. If I can't, I might just have to de-activate.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
texanomaly:

ma'am. When a Nigerian chooses a course, he does not just examine his interests, he examines the money involved, how he can make a living in the future, future job prospects, etc. Unfortunately, nigeria does not have enough job oppourtunities for the graduates of courses like that, even more frustrating is the fact that nigerians are primarily interested in oil money, they want It large, most people are greedy

I always try to tell people that they can start on their own and make names for themselves and oppourtunities for others if they stick to what they do best, but unfortunately they do not really listen, and I seem hypocritical since I myself am a medical student.

Go to any highschool in nigeria and see over 1/2 of the graduating students vying for medicine, and the remaining going for engineering and pharmacy etc. No "minor courses" are chosen. The only reason people actually study the minor courses are because they are forced to do so after languishing at home because they are denied the course of their choice.(Take rationalmind for example)

People need to learn that they can make a difference for themselves if they work hard and trust God (volumes).

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2014
texanomaly:

yeah...Cuz who needs to eat right?undecided

smh

Lol, no worry ehn. Just stay your texas dey flex. you might just do a little study on unemployment rate in nigeria.

People who studied good professional courses are yet to get Jobs, you are talking of soil and crop science.

You might want to talk of being independent. That might depend on capital, business sense (which not everyone has) and a whole lot of things.

And you also talked about who needs to eat.

Don't worry about that, we will always have farmers who provide us with what to eat. What do crop and soil scientists in the nation contribute to what we eat? NOTHING

They are in the banks working as cashiers.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: ma'am. When a Nigerian chooses a course, he does not just examine his interests, he examines the money involved, how he can make a living in the future, future job prospects, etc. Unfortunately, nigeria does not have enough job oppourtunities for the graduates of courses like that, even more frustrating is the fact that nigerians are primarily interested in oil money, they want It large, most people are greedy

I always try to tell people that they can start on their own and make names for themselves and oppourtunities for others if they stick to what they do best, but unfortunately they do not really listen, and I seem hypocritical since I myself am a medical student.

Go to any highschool in nigeria and see over 1/2 of the graduating students vying for medicine, and the remaining going for engineering and pharmacy etc. No "minor courses" are chosen. The only reason people actually study the minor courses are because they are forced to do so after languishing at home because they are denied the course of their choice.(Take rationalmind for example)

People need to learn that they can make a difference for themselves if they work hard and trust God (volumes).

For the first time on nairaland, I agree with you 99 percent. Just that part you talked about God didn't make it 100%grin

This is brilliant and astute

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, no worry ehn. Just stay your texas dey flex. you might just do a little study on unemployment rate in nigeria.

People who studied good professional courses are yet to get Jobs, you are talking of soil and crop science.

You might want to talk of being independent. That might depend on capital, business sense (which not everyone has) and a whole lot of things.

Don't worry about that, we will always have farmers who provide us with what to eat. What do crop and soil scientists in the nation contribute to what we eat? NOTHING

lol. Nigeria is still the same. Nigerians are still the same. Whether they're religious or irreligious.

This is the thinking of a typical nigerian. You gotta think outside the box mehn.

The reason we don't have enough local food today in their different strengths and varieties is because the crop scientists are not so large and are not doing their work well. Research has been abandoned. Go to the U.S, and see enough cheap food there in different varieties, all locally available.

I understand your point and position. I understand this country is unfavourable, I am a Nigerian meself, but you gotta get up and think outside the box for petes sake.
Crop science might just be one of the best things to read these days. Infact, I have determined to invest in agriculture in the future. And when the crop scientist will do his research and give me more tolerant and productive species of crop, I will only be more blessed.

Remember, with God, nothing is impossible. grin

Move against the storm, in the end, your victory will taste better.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2014
I'm speaking generally rationalmind. Not directly to you abeg. Before you begin to dey attack me now.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: lol. Nigeria is still the same. Nigerians are still the same. Whether they're religious or irreligious.

This is the thinking of a typical nigerian. You gotta think outside the box mehn.

The reason we don't have enough local food today in their different strengths and varieties is because the crop scientists are not so large and are not doing their work well. Research has been abandoned. Go to the U.S, and see enough cheap food there in different varieties, all locally available.

I understand your point and position. I understand this country is unfavourable, I am a Nigerian meself, but you gotta get up and think outside the box for petes sake.
Crop science might just be one of the best things to read these days. Infact, I have determined to invest in agriculture in the future. And when the crop scientist will do his research and give me more tolerant and productive species of crop, I will only be more blessed.

Remember, with God, nothing is impossible. grin

Move against the storm, in the end, your victory will taste better.

grin grin I hear you
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
Joshthefirst: I'm speaking generally rationalmind. Not directly to you abeg. Before you begin to dey attack me now.

Lol, i don't argue or attack unnecessarily. You raised good points and there's nothing to argue about

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2014
rationalmind:

Are you serious about the bolded? You need to do a little research before you make such a statement. You fall my hand here RM. That very field will become more and more important. Innovations in these areas are now feeding us and will take on an even bigger roll as the world population increases. This is a topic that should be of the utmost importance in Nigeria given projected population growth.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2014
texanomaly:

Are you serious about the bolded? You need to do a little research before you make such a statement. You fall my hand here RM. That very field will become more and more important. Innovations in these areas are now feeding us and will take on an even bigger roll as the world population increases. This is a topic that should be of the utmost importance in Nigeria given projected population growth.

Lol, if you look at the part you made bold on my post very well, I actually said what do not what will.

I hope you spot the difference. That is, what are they presently contributing not what will they contribute if properly harnessed.

Remember I made that statement in reference to what you said about who will provide what to eat. I wanted to show you those people aren't the ones providing what we eat. tongue tongue

They are counting money in banks
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by vickyO(f): 11:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
rationalmind:

Yea, m thinking of that. My Bis is expiring on the 22nd of this month I think so there's no way I won't have access to the internet.

I should have enough self control not to visit. If I can, no need to deactivate. If I can't, I might just have to de-activate.

OK
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 02, 2014
JonesK:
You're in engineering in Uniben? I would very much like to meet you then. I'm in computer science. I would like to have a discussion with you when we have resumed.

Yea, I'm in engineering. No probs
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by richardenujeke: 2:26pm On Jan 02, 2014
Oh my God like seriously are u ppl kiding me who crated this forum shocked
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 2:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
richardenujeke: Oh my God like seriously are u ppl kiding me who crated this forum shocked
Oluwaseun Osewa.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 7:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, if you look at the part you made bold on my post very well, I actually said what do not what will.

I hope you spot the difference. That is, what are they presently contributing not what will they contribute if properly harnessed.

Remember I made that statement in reference to what you said about who will provide what to eat. I wanted to show you those people aren't the ones providing what we eat. tongue tongue

They are counting money in banks

This is my original post. See the bolded. I hope you can see, you do err. I stated now and in the future.

texanomaly:

Soil and Crop Science, the study of field crops and soils, is the foundation science underlying the production and management of food, feed, and fiber crops to meet human needs and to protect the environment. The work these scientists do is of great importance worldwide due to the rapidly increasing population, the demand on land for food supplies, and the demand for environmental quality to enhance human comfort and well-being. Special emphasis is placed on improved production efficiency and the conservation of soil, chemicals, energy, and water. The curriculum offers broad-based coverage of the basic natural and social sciences, communication skills and opportunity to explore interests and leadership potential. Six concentrations allow for specialization in the major – agronomic production management; applied information technology; environmental soil science; international soil and crops; plant biotechnology, genetics, and breeding; and soil resources and conservation. However, students do not have to choose a concentration but are given the flexibility to tailor the curriculum to their individual interests. This provides opportunities for students to have a second major in a related discipline.
Undergraduate Concentrations.

This is what they are presently contributing when properly harnessed. I was correct in my post. I hope you spot where you erred.

&%#@$?!! Aarrrrrrrrgh…stup.id Antispambot.

I had several links to jobs in Nigeria directly relating to Soil and Crop Science. There were 6 links for Nigerian jobs. Each link was advertising several different jobs in Nigeria . I was even going to throw in a link from the US. I also found several from other countries. I guess they were considered spam. I hope you get my point. The jobs are there. It is an opportunity to make a difference in your community, in your state, in your country, and in the world. These scientist are contributing now in Nigeria, as well as for future generations. Google it. (Soil and Crop Science jobs in Nigeria)

2 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2014
^^^6 jobs online for a soil scientists in a country with how many graduates in the course ? Easily in 10's of thousand, if not much more. I think you are yet to appreciate that the Nigerian govt. doesn't value research (How can it ? It overvalues pay of top govt. workers_esp Senators_and underperfoms woefully because it foesn't value good governance). We are talking about a govt. that had to be fought tooth and nail while students like my sis. were at home (for 5 months +) just to provide funding for universities which are deficient in infrastructure. Take a basic anatomy course like physiology being kept alive only by the tenacity of its professors as my sis. details. Research jobs for physiologists ? Next to nil (and I am being considerate). In fact, few physiology stdts in Nigeria actually intended to sit the corse they were forced otherwise like my sis (who wanted to do medicine). Can you imagine med. students that have never worked with cadavers ? In fact, the teaching of physiology to med. stdts is woeful, for this reason a mate of my sister's is studying physiology to understand the body b4 going to medicine. At this point, I think you should realize the most basic need for Nigerians is good governance, after that the rest (including a good research tradition along lines of modern science, and use of it) will follow.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 7:51am On Jan 04, 2014
Uyi Iredia: ^^^6 jobs online for a soil scientists in a country with how many graduates in the course ? Easily in 10's of thousand, if not much more. I think you are yet to appreciate that the Nigerian govt. doesn't value research (How can it ? It overvalues pay of top govt. workers_esp Senators_and underperfoms woefully because it foesn't value good governance). We are talking about a govt. that had to be fought tooth and nail while students like my sis. were at home (for 5 months +) just to provide funding for universities which are deficient in infrastructure. Take a basic anatomy course like physiology being kept alive only by the tenacity of its professors as my sis. details. Research jobs for physiologists ? Next to nil (and I am being considerate). In fact, few physiology stdts in Nigeria actually intended to sit the corse they were forced otherwise like my sis (who wanted to do medicine). Can you imagine med. students that have never worked with cadavers ? In fact, the teaching of physiology to med. stdts is woeful, for this reason a mate of my sister's is studying physiology to understand the body b4 going to medicine. At this point, I think you should realize the most basic need for Nigerians is good governance, after that the rest (including a good research tradition along lines of modern science, and use of it) will follow.

Hold up there Iredia….I was simply addressing Rationalmind's post. It had nothing at all to do with all this. While I agree governance is a grave issue, it is not the issue at hand. I appreciate your passion. I also understand your anger, but please do not direct it toward me. Stick it were it is pertinent. That is not in regard to this particular post. Thank you Sir!

Btw…it was 6 websites with multiple jobs on each site.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2014
texanomaly:

Hold up there Iredia….I was simply addressing Rationalmind's post. It had nothing at all to do with all this. While I agree governance is a grave issue, it is not the issue at hand. I appreciate your passion. I also understand your anger, but please do not direct it toward me. Stick it were it is pertinent. That is not in regard to this particular post. Thank you Sir!

Btw…it was 6 websites with multiple jobs on each site.

No ! I am not holding up. What I wrote there was to correct your impression that having soil and crop scientists are vital_not anger undecided I should have been more direct. They aren't at the moment. In fact, I did a search and I'm quite sure you may be mistaken. Post the links to the site lemme see.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Uyi where did you manage to even see those 6 jobs? grin
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 05, 2014
Chrisbenogor: Uyi where did you manage to even see those 6 jobs? grin

grin grin when tex said she saw some sites with jobs relating to soil and crop science, I was wondering myself where she saw it
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 2:51am On Jan 05, 2014
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 3:48am On Jan 05, 2014
I wonder what tex wrote that got hidden. Quite unlike her.

Chrisbenogor: Uyi where did you manage to even see those 6 jobs? grin

I searched on Google. Some results are

http://www./category/research/research-jobs-in-nigeria

http://www.joblistnigeria.com/administrator-needed-by-a-farm-in-nigeria.html
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 5:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Uyi Iredia: I wonder what tex wrote that got hidden. Quite unlike her.

I searched on Google. Some results are

http://www./category/research/research-jobs-in-nigeria

http://www.joblistnigeria.com/administrator-needed-by-a-farm-in-nigeria.html

It was antispambot that his the posts. It must have been the advertisements or something. I sent an email to Mynd. He fixed it.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 6:01am On Jan 05, 2014
Hi PAGAN
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 05, 2014
texanomaly: Here are the ones I found. I will continue looking. I am on my way to work.

Hi tex, good morning/afternoon/night.cheesy

It appears you didn't go through the links you supplied. Now, let's take them one after the other.

texanomaly: http://joblistnigeria.com/category/agriculture-jobs-in-nigeria

This isn't a job per say. Its a 6 month internship programme though paid. After the internship, which is just some form of training, the graduate is back on the street looking for Jobs.

texanomaly: http://www./job/270137/assistant-lecturer-department-of-crop-production-and-soil-science-in-oyo/

This was returning an error message.

texanomaly: http://jobs.nigeriang.com/education-and-training-jobs-in-nigeria/senior-lecturer-lecturer-lecturer-ii-graduate-assistant-department-of-agronomy-department-of-soil-science-and-meteorology-at-micheal-okpara-university-of-agriculture-umudike/

The requirement for this is a minimum of a PHD. You know what that means for the graduate, don't you?

texanomaly: http://www.careerjet.co.za/soil-jobs.html

This is a job vacancy in south africa not naija

texanomaly: http://www.jobrib.com/job/25220/project-leader-senior-soil-scientist-job-at-iita-nigeria/

Apart from the fact that this is a vacancy by a non-profit organization, they are looking to apply just one soil scientist who has a minimum of a PHD.

texanomaly: http://www./category/agriculture/agriculture-jobs-in-nigeria

Returned an error message as well.

Dear tex, all the above links even confirmed all we've been saying. Go to the university to study soil or crop science in Nigeria and you may not find the labour market funny after graduating most especially when you are that average nigerian who has no one to help with "long leg" and you naturally don't have the drive, zeal, and capital to establish a business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.