Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (555183 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:37am On Jan 05, 2014
hey Texanomaly.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 7:41am On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:
hey Texanomaly.
Good morning. How was your night?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2014
texanomaly:
Good morning. How was your night?

Fine sha. Didnt sleep much though.

how was yours?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Fine sha. Didnt sleep much though.

how was yours?
Sorry you didn't sleep. Maybe you can take a nap today.

Sleep has not found me. It is 1:25am here.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:29am On Jan 05, 2014
texanomaly:
Sorry you didn't sleep. Maybe you can take a nap today.

Sleep has not found me. It is 1:25am here.

hmm I see. .
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Hi tex, check my response. Its the last post on page 49. It was initially hidden and I was banned by the spambot but mynd helped reveal it and unbanned me.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:

Lol, that dead school with their dead courses?

I was given admission there in 2007 but didn't honour it. I chose electrical engineering and was given animal nutrition. Imagine!!!. That is how bad the school is. I would even had preferred if I wasn't given admission at all.

Nothing wrong with Animal nutrition.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 05, 2014
vickyO:

The problem is courses like that aren't appreciated in Nigeria.

How so?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 05, 2014
Joshthefirst: ma'am. When a Nigerian chooses a course, he does not just examine his interests, he examines the money involved, how he can make a living in the future, future job prospects, etc.

That pretty much sums up what the average human being thinks about before going for further studies. It is not peculiar to Nigeria. Despite the average case, there are individuals who go for courses because of the love they have for some specific field of study. Some Nigerians are not left out in this.

Joshthefirst:
Unfortunately, nigeria does not have enough job oppourtunities for the graduates of courses like that, even more frustrating is the fact that nigerians are primarily interested in oil money, they want It large, most people are greedy

It is part of human nature to be greedy. Greed can be found everywhere. Interest for making it big is not necessarily a bad thing. Matter of factly, I would find it extremely odd if there is a human being who is not drawn to wealth, irrespective of the sector where the money is coming from.

The ish with Nigeria is not greed, selfishness or a desire to make it big. The problem lies in the fact that we do not let our selfish motive lead us to harness our creative capabilities for the most part. And cases where some persons have tried to harness this ability the socio-political and economic environment has been very unfriendly for these folks. Especially those who venture into small and medium scale businesses.

@Bold: Job opportunities abound in Nigeria....both in the private and public sector. The only problem we have is that a lot of folks prefer to concentrate on paid employment instead of establishing themselves in business. Though this trend is gradually changing.

Joshthefirst:
I always try to tell people that they can start on their own and make names for themselves and oppourtunities for others if they stick to what they do best, but unfortunately they do not really listen, and I seem hypocritical since I myself am a medical student.

True for the most part.

Joshthefirst:
Go to any highschool in nigeria and see over 1/2 of the graduating students vying for medicine, and the remaining going for engineering and pharmacy etc. No "minor courses" are chosen. The only reason people actually study the minor courses are because they are forced to do so after languishing at home because they are denied the course of their choice.(Take rationalmind for example)

What makes a course 'minor'?

Joshthefirst:
People need to learn that they can make a difference for themselves if they work hard and trust God (volumes).

True!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 05, 2014
striktlymi:

Nothing wrong with Animal nutrition.

From electrical engineering?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:

From electrical engineering?

Yes!

Different and unique courses. Important in their own ways.

From any course I must add.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
striktlymi:

Yes!

Different and unique courses. Important in their own ways.

From any course I must add.

I agree each course is unique in its own way. I'm just saying, from the present state of the economy, some courses are better not studied except of course you have plans to be independent.

And I don't think its sensible giving someone who chose electrical engineering animal nutrition.

Someone who is good in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and bad in Biology and Agric at secondary school level may not find it funny when given animal nutrition (a course based on subjects he always underperformed in) when he chose electrical engineering (a course based on subjects he excelled in)

In my opinion, even when people can't gain admission to their preferred course, they should be given courses similar to the one chosen.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2014
What Uyi said about medicine is false.

@striktly: nothing makes a course "minor". I was just portraying nigerian's attitudes to those kind of courses.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:

I agree each course is unique in its own way. I'm just saying, from the present state of the economy, some courses are better not studied except of course you have plans to be independent.

I agree to a large extent but the reality on ground in present day Nigeria is that an individual's first course of study has little advantage in the grand scheme of things. Employment for entry level grads are basically decided by a number of factors, top on the list would be the individual's ability to 'beat' the competition, consistently. This must start from the individual's school days.

A high graduating CGPA is the starting point, followed by the individual's ability to come up tops at aptitude tests and interviews. Though there are other factors that may come into play here, but generally speaking, these should suffice when one has no 'godfather' to push him/her up the ladder.

rationalmind:
And I don't think its sensible giving someone who chose electrical engineering animal nutrition.

I don't think it makes much sense from the individual's point of view, but considering the way things are in Nigeria, it makes a whole world of sense for an individual to grab what he/she can and be the best in that field. As long as the individual develops his/her ability to get ahead of the competition.

rationalmind:
Someone who is good in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and bad in Biology and Agric at secondary school level may not find it funny when given animal nutrition (a course based on subjects he always underperformed in) when he chose electrical engineering (a course based on subjects he excelled in)

Agreed with a but...

The ability for an individual to diversify when it is necessary may just be the difference between him and that well paying job. Employers are not really seeking for folks who are 'straight jackets'. They want peeps who can go the distance, sought of. An ability to dabble into different things is very key.

rationalmind:
In my opinion, even when people can't gain admission to their preferred course, they should be given courses similar to the one chosen.

I agree but still, in most cases we have a situation where the number of students are more than the available slots. When demand outweighs supply, you definitely know the result.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
Joshthefirst:
@striktly: nothing makes a course "minor". I was just portraying nigerian's attitudes to those kind of courses.

Oh, okay!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 7:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
Joshthefirst: What Uyi said about medicine is false.

Big lie ! What I said is true. The one of cadavers is quite outmoded, and it isn't as widespread as is suggested. But the exclamation is very true. It was decades back in the era of ghost students with fake degrees. That has abated. However some are already in the system. The one of physiology is
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
striktlymi:

I agree to a large extent but the reality on ground in present day Nigeria is that an individual's first course of study has little advantage in the grand scheme of things. Employment for entry level grads are basically decided by a number of factors, top on the list would be the individual's ability to 'beat' the competition, consistently. This must start from the individual's school days.

A high graduating CGPA is the starting point, followed by the individual's ability to come up tops at aptitude tests and interviews. Though there are other factors that may come into play here, but generally speaking, these should suffice when one has no 'godfather' to push him/her up the ladder.

I agree to a large extent but I hope you do realise an individual's course of study has more than a little say on the grand scheme of things as you said.

You did mention something about aptitude tests, I hope you do realise some courses helps develop the IQ more than other courses which may turn out to be an advantage for those who study those IQ developing courses.

If for example you take a set of engineering students and another set of soil science students unaware and give them a psychometric test, chances that the engineering students, (due to the nature of their courses) will perform better are higher.

That implies that, what one studies in school has more than a little influence on the grand scheme of things after graduation.

It might be argued that the soil science students may also develop himself by treating lots of IQ based tests prior to graduation but I hope you realise how difficult that will be for the average student.

strictlymi: I don't think it makes much sense from the individual's point of view, but considering the way things are in Nigeria, it makes a whole world of sense for an individual to grab what he/she can and be the best in that field. As long as the individual develops his/her ability to get ahead of the competition.

Agreed with a but...

The ability for an individual to diversify when it is necessary may just be the difference between him and that well paying job. Employers are not really seeking for folks who are 'straight jackets'. They want peeps who can go the distance, sought of. An ability to dabble into different things is very key.

well said, agreed

strictlymi: I agree but still, in most cases we have a situation where the number of students are more than the available slots. When demand outweighs supply, you definitely know the result.

lol, in that case I would rather prefer "not admitted" to "admitted to study animal nutrition" when I chose electrical engineering
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Joshthefirst(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
Uyi Iredia:

Big lie ! What I said is true. The one of cadavers is quite outmoded, and it isn't as widespread as is suggested. But the exclamation is very true. It was decades back in the era of ghost students with fake degrees. That has abated. However some are already in the system. The one of physiology is
okay. I admit the other pure medical sciences are neglected mostly. Especially in research.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
rationalmind:

I agree to a large extent but I hope you do realise an individual's course of study has more than a little say on the grand scheme of things as you said.

You did mention something about aptitude tests, I hope you do realise some courses helps develop the IQ more than other courses which may turn out to be an advantage for those who study those IQ developing courses.

If for example you take a set of engineering students and another set of soil science students unaware and give them a psychometric test, chances that the engineering students, (due to the nature of their courses) will perform better are higher.

That implies that, what one studies in school has more than a little influence on the grand scheme of things after graduation.

It might be argued that the soil science students may also develop himself by treating lots of IQ based tests prior to graduation but I hope you realise how difficult that will be for the average student.

well said, agreed

lol, in that case I would rather prefer "not admitted" to "admitted to study animal nutrition" when I chose electrical engineering

I agree with the points you raised especially the bit on the test. A good reason for one to develop him/herself, despite the cause of study.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 10:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
Dohohohohoho

Oh manure!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LifeQuest(m): 11:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hi guys...I am telling my story here...read and be blessed

https://www.nairaland.com/1565401/heart-pastor
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:18am On Jan 06, 2014
LifeQuest: Hi guys...I am telling my story here...read and be blessed

https://www.nairaland.com/1565401/heart-pastor

are you st.upid?

Cant you see this is a Non-christian chatbox?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 12:46am On Jan 06, 2014
rationalmind:

Hi tex, good morning/afternoon/night.cheesy

It appears you didn't go through the links you supplied. Now, let's take them one after the other.

Yeah Mynd told me.

rationalmind:
This isn't a job per say. Its a 6 month internship programme though paid. After the internship, which is just some form of training, the graduate is back on the street looking for Jobs.

Hey six months of employment is better than no employment. At the end you not only had a job for six months, you gained more training and experience. Unfortunately, you are right. This field is more appreciated in better economically developed countries.

rationalmind:
This was returning an error message.

The requirement for this is a minimum of a PHD. You know what that means for the graduate, don't you?

This is a job vacancy in south africa not naija

Apart from the fact that this is a vacancy by a non-profit organization, they are looking to apply just one soil scientist who has a minimum of a PHD.

Returned an error message as well.

Ok

rationalmind:
Dear tex, all the above links even confirmed all we've been saying. Go to the university to study soil or crop science in Nigeria and you may not find the labour market funny after graduating most especially when you are that average nigerian who has no one to help with "long leg" and you naturally don't have the drive, zeal, and capital to establish a business.

You are right. It is a shame government officials are so busy robbing the people. That money could be used to create subsidies for careers in this field. As I said this field is becoming increasingly important in Nigeria. Especially if population estimates for The future are correct. Nigeria has so much potential that is being stolen away by the corruption and selfishness of your leaders. Smh

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by chanseroo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
SANCTIFY BY THE TRUTH.POWER TABERNACLE TEACHES THE SECRET OF QABALA MAGIC.JOIN US
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Heathen(m): 4:46pm On Jan 07, 2014
Just seen a thread where someone claimed Constantine, Shakespear and King James were Black.
My lungs
I CAN'T BREATHE
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Heathen: Just seen a thread where someone claimed Constantine, Shakespear and King James were Black.
My lungs
I CAN'T BREATHE
That must be Obadiah777's thread grin

I miss that looney fella cry
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ishilove:
That must be Obadiah777's thread grin

I miss that looney fella cry

me too... cry
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Heathen: Just seen a thread where someone claimed Constantine, Shakespear and King James were Black.
My lungs
I CAN'T BREATHE

This must be n the Culture section by that annoying afro-centrist (i 4got his name)

remember arguing against his su.pidity so many times.

the guy really angried me with his mental claims.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

This must be n the Culture section by that annoying afro-centrist (i 4got his name)

remember arguing against his su.pidity so many times.

the guy really angried me with his mental claims.

Is it MEILYN?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
texanomaly:

Is it MEILYN?

no this creature was active before you guyz joined here.

I found him. His name is jantavanta .

Have fun grin : https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 5:45pm On Jan 07, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

no this creature was active before you guyz joined here.

I found him. His name is jantavanta .

Have fun grin : https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe

Lol. Here is another.

https://www.nairaland.com/1582577/salutations-all-israel-nairaland-come/3#20734975

I believe there are more. It's an all out invasion.... cheesy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Heathen(m): 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2014
texanomaly:
Is it MEILYN?
That's him.
What's more astonishing is the number of likes his conspiracy-fused posts garner.

His posts are killing me, can't stop laughing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.