Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert (39677 Views)

8 Signs You're His Side Chick But Not His Girlfriend / Seven Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy Or Introvert Girl / Reasons Why You Should Date A Shy And Introvert Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bimpss(f): 5:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
I've always been a proud introvert, I never really understood why people think they need to be surrounded with crowds of friends in order to survive.

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Akinsnaira: 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
All d points re 4ckin true, i beliv OP is one of us to av known all these, coz i'm a proud introvert, wich is of a gr8 advantage to me. Most of d great people in d world re introverts coz dey av more time to look inwards to demselves and to unleash their potentials, most extroverts are naturally lousy n saucy, 'quote me'
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by LausDeo(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
slap1: Haha. Abi? Ok na.
lol
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by fujirice: 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Choi! OP o! U don describe me finish na wetin I do you na? Now everybody will be looking at me as if....
Sometimes I get scared why I act snubbish. Now I know more, introvert things
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
I interact well with my friends and family (when I'm confortable with u sha)..... But I am all of those things u say am I an introvert
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
yepaa...i have been summarized
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
OMG so all this while I've been extrovert Witout knowing it.everything there is not me.
only suffices to say that a blog site or forum is a perfect safe haven for introverts...add that...No. 11
Damn....if this is true, then am a typical introvert......
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by johnbush(m): 5:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
guys, you ever notice how extroverts tell you the same gist over and over again plus they act like it's the first time each time? That crap just bores me silly!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Tomoarika(m): 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
johnbush: guys, you ever notice how extroverts tell you the same gist over and over again plus they act like it's the first time each time? That crap just bores me silly!!!
Yeah. Very annoying I tell you.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by cdoffx(m): 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.
you're just describing me. I so much hate being visited i prefer visiting you instead. All thru my stay in d Uni i can say out of about 75 of us in my dept i've only one person i'm close to, a female which makes others think something is going on between us whereas there's nothing.. A guy walked up to me when we're about rounding off the final session in school and said i never knew we're in d same dept up until last session. I just smiled in return and said yes we're. Another said to me one day "you're the most gentle guy in this dept"
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Omokaro2acca: 6:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
ganase2: In this age and time, being an introvert does not seem to be what anyone easily admits to....readily, everyone is trying to prove they have the requisite social skills of an extrovert.

Between, here are funny but real reasons why you just might be an introvert...do read on!

1. You think before you talk and check before you chat
Sort of the right thing to do huh?...You have a consistently running internal monologue that screens every word before it drops from your mouth. Not a fast speaker there...You screen your chats too severally, before you send them...lol.

2. You go to parties -– but not to meet people.
Nooo...you may not necessarily be hanging out alone...but meeting new people is rarely the goal of attending a party. You simply get in your safe harbour- looking out for your friends and hanging out with them.

3. Great speaker, fearful mingler
You may not be shy...infact, you can give a great speech in front of 500 people but mingling with them one-on-one afterwards is a huge problem.

4. You hate idle chatter
You can be in a room with room mates with them discussing on a topic without necessarily making a contribution...you hate small talk not because you hate people but because they seem meaningless to you.

5. You are self conscious
Since you are not doing most of the talking, you are doing most of the observing and hence, assume that everyone is observing you in the same way...judging the way you speak, your accent etc....whereas, they might not necessarily be doing so,

6. You like extreme sitting positions
When you have to sit at a bench, you don't sit in the middle because you don't like being surrounded by people on all sides. In church, you prefer the extreme rows of seats to the middle ones.

7. You dread audience participation
You prefer a talk or a lecture to a discussion or interaction. If you must be involved in the latter, you must have been informed earlier so that you can "compose yourself".

8. You've been accused severally of not keeping in touch
The funny part is that you cannot fathom why someone who called you three days back would call you and say something like; "You have forgotten me abi..."and you're like, "Are we supposed to be talking everyday"?....you also do not like midnight, except its utterly the last resort. For you, it's too much time to waste on "nonsense talk".
You screen all your calls and you may not pick up your phone even from people you like only to call them back as soon as you’re mentally prepared and have gathered the energy for the conversation.

9. You're a Writer
...a good one at that. Or sometimes, a poet. You prefer to put your ideas in writing than to speak them because the former gives you the opportunity to perfectly choose your words and structure your thoughts.

10. Friends made you and not the other way round
Check out the list of your closest and distant friends and you'd realize that they made more efforts at being your friend than you did at the initial stage before you settled into the friendship.

If you can boast of some of these qualities, then check again...against your initial judgement, you just might be an introvert!

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/08/funny-introvert-signs.html

twitter @tutubranch
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by UIA04(f): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
Henry praise: Is being an introvert a sin? Must introverts strife to be extroverts

be yourself
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by overboard(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Well,in my case,I was more of an extrovert when I was much younger but as I grew older,I became an introvert and I like it that way. Nobody comes to my house to visit anyhow and if you must see me,you must call to say you're coming. You can be at my gate and knock all day and I won't answer you if I'm not expecting you. When you're tired,you'd go to your house. I hardly visit people and I love having my space. Moreover,I love being indoors and it hardly bores me. So long as I have internet access 24/7,I'm ok. I'd just spend my time reading stuffs online.

Ah so me! God forgive me but everything OP listed jumped right at me & when I sighed my wife came to read what caused it and was like, this is just you!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by overboard(m): 6:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: Depression? Lolz. You're definitely talking about someone else. My mental faculty is at a very stable and high level. I spend my time indoors reading online,brainstorming,solving problems and developing new ideas and concepts for new projects/inventions. My staying indoors to think and put my brain to work,led me to creating an electronic/mobile hospital,a security system that repels intruders and alerts police authorities of a possible robbery attempt,security system that detects movement of explosives,etc. Unfortunately,these ideas are capital intensive and are not easy to develop. Not all introverts are timid and suffer from low self esteem/depression. Some are geniuses in the making and need absolute tranquility to bring out the best of their creative skills. I'm in that category. I don't like noise or being around noisy people. I love quiet and serene environments. I once showed someone my crib and he was shocked. He said he's been passing that house but has never seen someone coming out from it. He had the believe the occupants were outside the country. Depression,athritis? Not at all. I could talk to you in public and you'd never know I'm an introvert. Do not confuse being an introvert with mental/psycological suffering and depression.

Dude, you are killing me. Seems Im the one typing.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bimpss(f): 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
This use to be me when I was younger.. grin grin grin grin

[size=15pt]MOM: Go outside and play.

Me:
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by JOYCEOUS(f): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
Now everyone is çlaiming to be an introvert.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by miitcash(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
why its only introverts that comments here
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bonchila(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wao so ganase u r observing me all dz while. No wahala. I love my life as an introvert. Like if u are an introvert. #TEAM INTROVERT#
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Tomoarika(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
I agree with all of the listed points except no 3. I tend to be better speaking with individuals than with addressing a group of people. Infact I still suffer from stage fright! Love being online on social networks, read a lot, am a good writer, rarely make calls etc.
I've always known dat I'm an introvert. Funny thing is that my job requires me to be outgoing and it bores me a lot cause it's more abt talking than actually thinking. And yes introverts tend to be more intelligent than extroverts (not always tho)
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by NLprincess(f): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
u just described me, in a crowd of 100, i may only move along with 5 persons and i enjoy being alone. I talk when spoken to and most times get uncomfortable when i m in the midst of people. Until u move closer to me, u will never know i'm a talkative. It amazes my mum i m like this now cos as a young child, i was a rascal, a tomboy, i climbed trees and made trouble. I guess you are my twin brother, lol.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Bimpss(f): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
JOYCEOUS: Now everyone is çlaiming to be an introvert.

It's not something you "claim", you just are. Real Introverts know themselves. undecided
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Kaydem(m): 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
that almost describe me whole!!!...love it dat way!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Any other INTPs here?
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by imotondo(m): 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2013

100% me. Especially when people just visits without informing me they are coming/surprises, you'll knock till you get tired even if you somehow manoeuvred @ the gates lol. You'll be hearing the music am playing. Another one that annoys me most is when friends will be like; u'd never called or visited or went to partied with us, i'll be like; did i ask you to call in the first place. I pity em sometimes though.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by eleojo23: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
gmyguy: yepaa...i have been summarized
! OP!
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is SOOOOO me
That's who I be
1,5,8,10 on point! B-)
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by orlarbissy(f): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
coolSame with me
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
Black Human: I suspect that most people you see often on interractive internet forums like nairaland. are introverts. they take succour in platforms like nairaland where they can pour out their minds without being seen physically.

Most? I can't really say.

I'll say 50%.
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
ijinlove20: I think am a victim here but @op is being an introvert a sin? Cos am one and I love it that way.. undecided

No be sin o. The key is balance.

Being an introvert has its disadvantages. Ditto to being an extrovert.

Most introvert lack social skills and are very shy.

Lacking social skills negatively affects your relationship with people (platonic, romantic, etc.)

Being very shy can also affect you negatively; if you allow shyness dictate what you should do, it can affect your ability to become a good salesman (business) and going for who you want (relationship).

Back to your question, it's not a sin. Just strike a balance. I'm trying, too. smiley
Re: 10 Funny Signs You're An Introvert by MicSmith: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
In conclusion!!! There's nothing wrong with being an introvert or an extrovert buh being an extremist is baddddddd on all levels. I believe that one has to be able to adapt most situations to have a maximum chance of success in all areas of life. If you an objective person, you would admit that most things have advantages and disadvantages. Knowing this, we should try to strike a balance. Know when to be alone and when to mingle. The most important thing is to be happy!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Destroys Her Boyfriend’s Properties Over Suspected Infidelity (Photos) / What Is The Minimum You Should Earn In A Month To Consider Marriage / My Boyfriend Is So Annoying!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.