Stats: 3,154,054 members, 7,821,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (104986 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
@ng am glad you are back,thank God it helped,your ms is back to normal,congratulations darlyn,so y r u unhappy?y is dh suggestin a surgry?send me a mail please lets talk,pls cheer up,one step has being corrected,the other surely will be corrected too.through Gods mercy and grace.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 10:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Diva&Netprofit,thanks so much.I had already bought the hot water bottle as described by honiepie.The next thing is for me to start the process.[Pls,wish me luck]

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:56pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hello all,hope we're all enjoying the Eid holidays.
@Ngchuks,its good news that you're getting positive effects from BSM use. I'l advise that you have patience and stay on it for longer. One thing about natural treatments is longer periods of action.yes it takes longer than conventional treatments,but the effects are more longer-lasting.It also gets to the root-cause of the problem . This makes re-occurence minimal as opposed to conventional methods.
@Lore&temi, wishing you the very BEST in your castor oil therapy!

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by kike100: 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
Api buff day honeypie darl....
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
@all

I had to send this msg after reading about clomid, please no-one should be taking clomid without a Doctor's prescription its not right.
It's a prescriptive drug for a reason - abeg self medication is not safe
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by union123(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2013
pls i will like to know the treatment for pneumonia
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
Hi all, just wondering whr una dey.
@ Hopeful 3 , netprofits, Ngchuks, lore & temi,@Pretty , Goke7, kike100, raining day, Venuss .I greet u all.Hope u all doing good.
My cocodiva waiting for more health tips pls.
Honiepie , I sent u a mail hope u get it and thanks for being evrything.

@Union 123, this is pregnancy trend and I dnt knw d treatment for pneumonia. U can still search oda trend on nairaland. Best of luck.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pls can I detox during af using shake-off.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
Good day all. Where has everyone gone o!
cheesy guess we're all busy. Hope we're good.
@salsera, you're right. Clomid shouldn't be taken indiscriminately.you need to be properly monitored by scan when on clomid lest you end up with ovarian cysts due to incomplete ovulation. Same goes for soy isoflavones. I wonder why clomid is sold over the counter!
@union123, your question will derail the thread pls. You could pm me for response.thanks
@yummyk, how are you? Hope you've started the process for your dh.pls don't detox while on AF.it'l increase the intensity of your symptoms.more cramps,flow,fatigue etc. AF itself is a form of detox for the uterus ,so you don't want to add more stress to the body at the same time.you can start after AF. Just continue with your veggies and drink lots of water while on AF.
Hopeful,venuss,netproffit,rainyday, hope we're all good?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2013
Pls what is af?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by chifruitful(f): 5:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
@luvlystar..af means aunty flow aka m.en.ses.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
I just stumbled on this thread and am really loving it. I am ttc for almost a year with no result. My last scan shows a retroverted uterus(doctor said its normal),no cyst, no fibroid. But my period is irregular,sometime late with about 2wks with serious cramps.
I find it difficult to track my ovulation. Pls i need your help.
God bless u all.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by fift: 12:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Hi everyone,
Here is my story please help if you can.
I was on the pill cerazette for d first few months of marriage, I came off it after like 8 months when i was bleeding for like 3 weeks. I had an ultrasound scan and was told i had a cyst and some subserrosal fibroids with biggest measuring 50mm. I stopped the pill and bleeding stopped too. Had another scan a few weeks later and the cyst was gone. I have been trying to conceive since then but nothing is happening. I have had the usual diagnostic tests, my tubes are fine, hubby's semen is ok and blood tests twice in one month showed i am ovulating ok but still nothing is happening.
My period is still very regular, very heavy and full of clots tho. I've just been prescribed Tranexamic to use at the start of my period and stop when it ends. Apparently it will thin the blood and if combined with analgesia will help will the pain.

IVF is not an option as its too expensive, Can i try clomid, or will it do more harm than good. Should I go and run the test again?

I'd appreciate all the advice i can get.

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 19, 2013
Hello everyone, hope we are all good grin. Sorry for the long absence. I will be travelling for a short while soon and I've been preparing for my trip.

@ Onose01, you can buy ovulation test kit to track your ovulation, you can easily get predicte or digital clearblue test kit here in Nigeria. I prefer the clearblue fertility monitor and ovacue monitor. I use the two combo together. You can start with a fertility cleanse, kindly read back some few pages, you will get lots of info. You can also visit the 30 day fertility diet challenge thread. Best of luck.

@ fift, why don't you try a fertility/ body cleanse for a start. I believe others will come in and give u some advice. I have never heard of the drugs u have taken. Pls don't use clomid without a prescription and ur gynae's monitoring.

@all..have a lovely weekend!!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello all,
@hopeful,glad you dropped by.All the best with prep.for your trip
@Onose01 and @fift,you're both welcome.
@Onose01,since you don't have cyst nor fibroid,the cramps sounds like the product of an hormonal imbalance.vitex will do you a lot of good.it'l regularise your period by balancing your hormones thereby reducing your pain.Do you normally have EWCM? If you do,its an indication of ovulation.But if you don't ,its better you get an ovulation prediction kit,just as @hopeful said.Also, Evening primrose oil will do you a lot of good.it reduces inflammation,so it'l reduce your pain and give you a good supply of EWCM.it also contains vitamin E for fertility. Relax and don't stress over it. Lots of Fertility wishes to you !
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Useful info for pcos.

OMEGA-3 COMBATS PCOS SYMPTOMS 

New research shows that women with PCOS who were given omega-3 oil supplements had a reduction in their male hormone levels. One of the main problems of polycystic ovary syndrome is that it raises levels of male hormones. In the latest study, the women who had the best success at lowering those levels were females with the highest concentrations of omega-3 fats in comparison with omega-6 fats. Most people consume too many omega-6 fats, which are abundant in our food supply, mainly from vegetable oils and foods containing vegetable oils. The new study is one of several to show that if you can increase your consumption of omega-3 oils and decrease your omega-6 oils, you can improve your hormonal balance and diminish symptoms of PCOS. The best source of omega-3s are fish, as well as fish or krill oil capsules. Flax oil is an omega-3 oil but is not as effective because an extra metabolic step is required after you consume it. This extra metabolic step is often inefficient. Omega-3s can also help you to solve another vexing problem, namely fatty liver degeneration. As many as one of every two women with PCOS may have fatty liver disease, which causes all sorts of health problems, including increased insulin resistance. Royal Perth Hospital in Australia has recently reported that omega-3 fish oil supplementation reduced liver fat in women who had PCOS. Some were given 4 grams of fish oil daily for 8 weeks while others were given a placebo. The women taking the fish oil had significant reductions in liver fat, which was confirmed by magnetic resonance imaging. They also had a reduction in their blood fats (triglycerides) and blood pressure. Omega-3s have also been shown to relieve depression, which is a common attribute of PCOS. Low omega-3 levels have been associated with depression. When you add it all up, increasing your intake of omega-3 fats is a highly recommended step. The most concentrated and convenient source of omega-3s is fish oil. As well as increasing your omega-3s, you will want to reduce your consumption of omega-6 oils. For more information on PCOS, go to the world's largest and most complete website for women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. If you're ready to take the next step, you can talk to your doctor about taking a high-grade supplement or benefitting from foods rich in omega 3's. Whatever you do, note how it improves your symptoms or overall health and share with our community. :-)
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2013
@Fift, it's likely the fibroid is the culprit here for the heavy periods and clots. I'l advise you have a fertility cleanse.if you can afford it.check up "fertility cleanse kit".If you can't afford to do that,then you can have a colon cleanse using any good cleanse around at any reputable pharmacy. Follow it up with ACV(with mother) and BSM . You can also get DIM ,its good for estrogen metabolism.
Please don't use clomid now.it contains estrogen,and estrogen has been implicated in the growth of fibroids .BCPs also contain estrogen.they may have helped the fibroid grow in your case.clomid will only feed your fibroid.ensure you get the fibroid under control first because its still at a good place now.if it gets bigger,it'l become more difficult to deal with and will make you anaemic due to heavy periods.besides,you don't need clomid since you ovulate on your own.
I don't know how long you've been trying for,as you mentioned IVF. But since you ovulate,your tubes are fine, why not consider IUI using a natural cycle. That will be beneficial to you and cost you less and will also not flare your fibroids up. But ,start with these steps first to put the fibroids in check before conception as some fibroids prevent implantation. Try and incorporate fruits and veggies into your daily meals now.Lots of fertility wishes to you
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
Thanks a million @Hopeful3 and Cocodiva. I really appreciate ur effort on this thread. I read about evening primrose nd vitex 2days ago and immediately went in such of them. I got evening primrose but couldnt get vitex. The pharmacist showed me total woman but i felt he is trying 2 market it. Pls can some one tell me the price of vitex? I need to know d price range as i go in search of it.
P.S.
I experienced a lot of pregnancy symptoms during last cycle coupled with 2wks late AF. I really thought i was preggy. My hubby ws happy too but i was really disappointed and frustrated when AF started with heavy flow and lots of pain.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by fift: 11:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
Coco diva: @Fift, it's likely the fibroid is the culprit here for the heavy periods and clots. I'l advise you have a fertility cleanse.if you can afford it.check up "fertility cleanse kit".If you can't afford to do that,then you can have a colon cleanse using any good cleanse around at any reputable pharmacy. Follow it up with ACV(with mother) and BSM . You can also get DIM ,its good for estrogen metabolism.
Please don't use clomid now.it contains estrogen,and estrogen has been implicated in the growth of fibroids .BCPs also contain estrogen.they may have helped the fibroid grow in your case.clomid will only feed your fibroid.ensure you get the fibroid under control first because its still at a good place now.if it gets bigger,it'l become more difficult to deal with and will make you anaemic due to heavy periods.besides,you don't need clomid since you ovulate on your own.
I don't know how long you've been trying for,as you mentioned IVF. But since you ovulate,your tubes are fine, why not consider IUI using a natural cycle. That will be beneficial to you and cost you less and will also not flare your fibroids up. But ,start with these steps first to put the fibroids in check before conception as some fibroids prevent implantation. Try and incorporate fruits and veggies into your daily meals now.Lots of fertility wishes to you

Thanks Coco Diva,
I got off the pill last year March, started trying intensely from August. I searched for Fertility Cleanse Kit, I noticed its an American Product, is it available in England? or any other version of it please.
Also please pardon my naivety on this I have no clue what those abbreviations are, ACV, BSM, DIM and BCP neither do i know of any colon cleanse.
About keeping fibroids under control, they won't scan me again, under the guise of it unlikely they are growing, should I be pushing for a scan or how else can I monitor it please?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2013
ACV - Apple cider vinegar with mother. D pix is on this link- https://www.nairaland.com/1415372/alternative-methods-ttc/2#18204628.

BCP - birth control pills ( Not so sure)

BSM - black strap mollases ( the pix of the one I have is below)

DIM - Di-indolylmethane (spellling ?), you can also get DIM from cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels spouts( )

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 20, 2013
Good morning every one, @ all, please I came across the information below from this site:- www.nativeanswer.com, has anyone heard of it?

Woman Infertility Remedy

INGREDIENTS: bark of kola nut, water.
PREPARATION: Peal and boil the bark of native kola nut tree with water. As far as you don’t have infection, you will be pregnant after this treatment.
DOSAGE: Take half glass 2 times daily for 7 days.

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 8:29am On Oct 20, 2013
Hi everyone!

Fift, I can see you are from UK. I don't know if you have Zita west's book. She talked about cleansing. I'll try to dig the book out but it's rather intense. I think its nil by mouth for 7 days except water so pretty much intense. I looked up Trevor as well and it's an American product. I'll post later with the full details.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by finecheek12: 8:41am On Oct 20, 2013
Beauriful mothers to be am new on this thread plz where can I get ACV n BSM in the US? Cos ve not been able to get then in the regular store or can I get them online? Plz help me with the website or the store. Thank u.

@honeypie asked for ur email addy on TTC thread buh didnot get ur response
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2013
@ fine cheek, it's on amazon.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by wnt2bepreggie: 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2013
good day and happy sunday,this is an encouraging thread,keep up the good work.

Pls is virgin oil and extra virgin oil the same thing?

@finecheek here is honiepies mail addy brandyaaokorie@gmail.com,she has put it up severally.good luck.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hello all,
@onose01, the price for vitex ranges between 4500-5000 naira.you can get it at healthplus or any other pharmacy that stocks herbal poducts. Don't worry too much,it'l happen very soon,just have the faith.
@hopeful,you're on point with the abreviations.I haven't heard of that kolanut thing.but it has to be the tree bark .I haven't even seen the tree before.I'l check it up and read up about it. Where did you get your BSM from?what's the capacity of that jar?
@fift,You can order that product online,but if you don't,then there is "body cleanse kit"its available in the UK,though pricey.but you can order just the colon or liver (or both) cleanse instead of the whole kit.DIM is available as a supplement. There's one I use,DIM plus from nature's way.very good.you have no idea how much estrogen darkens your skin! Thought you're in Nigeria,here you can just walk into a clinic and have a scan done. I don't know how it works in the UK. Just ensure you adopt better diet and lifestyle changes
@finecheek, you're welcome
@beetle, you've been MIA, I've missed you o
@want2bepreggie, welcome.They are different. Extravirgin olive oil is better and retains more nutrients hence more beneficial.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by dimusky: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hello All,
New on this thread.please where can i get the BSM in Lagos.Thankfully Sis.Hopeful has put up a picture so at least i know what it looks like but please how do i lay my hands on it?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2013
I got the number of peter and Henrietta from NL. They delivered the items to my house. I got ACV from them but it was ostlers brand and it was N5k. But I heard bragg is better and cheaper. The bsm is 740g and I bought 3 for N14,500.

https://www.nairaland.com/582923/organic-apple-cider-vinegar-mother#7501394

peter45: WE SELL ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH MOTHER ,AND WE EQUALLY SELL ORGANIC BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES.IF YOU NEED YOU CALL +2348066459862 OR 08029755959.WE IMPORT IT AND WE CAN SUPPLY ANY ONE IN GHANA,BENIN,CAMEROUN.
OUR ORGANIC APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH MOTHER IS USED FOR ACID REFLUX,ARTHRITIS,KIDNEY STONES E.T.C.IT HAS THE MOTHER WHICH MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM ORDINARY VINEGAR YOU SEE IN THE STORES WHICH ARE JUST FLAVOURED OR PASTEURIZED OUR OWN ACV IS UNPASTEURISED.
WE HAVE ORGANIC MOLASSES TOO.SO CALL IMMEDIATELY AND ORDER
PETER OBIDIKE
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Super hug to u @ Cocodiva. U r a darling. One more thing pls. I noticed today that am having bloody discharge. Dont know what could be an explanation to that. Hubby was so worried when i told him. Any useful info will be appreciated.
Pls with vitex do i need a detox?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 6:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hello all,
Thanks hopeful,but that ACV is really expensive.what's the volume? Got mine 473mls ,GNC brand for 2400 and I even thought it was pricey!
@Onose01, what CD (cycle day) are you? Whats the quantity of the discharge?Bloody discharge could be caused by a number of factors.ranging from infections,to ovulation, pregnancy,tear along the vaginal wall etc. If you're not around your ovulation,you'l probably need to have a swab test done to test for infection. You can cleanse if you wish.you can do a simple half lemon in a glass of warm water every morning or use ACV(with mother). A tbs of acv in water everyday.
Just try not to worry too much. (((Hugs)))
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 7:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
Cocodiva, how are u my sister? Long time. You just vanished from our other thread.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by kike100: 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Gd evening sis in the house,

Please for those who have or are taking Trevo, please did the Colour of your pee change? Abeg mine is very yellow and am a bit worried.

Help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66