Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (104965 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Good morning all.
@ lore & Temi. i got forever living products & d prices are : bee pollen-N1,980 , royal jelly -N4,300 ,bee propollis - N4,500. hope this help.

@ onose yea, mustard seed , olive oil & honey is a good home remedy 4 fibrod. for kidney infection -use 1 glass of 1005 cranberry juice + 1 glass v8 juice + 1 lavequin 500mg and take dis 4 7 days( got it from Dr Goggle) . Anoda home remedy that i knw for kidney infection is cranbery pill with ACV daily also d per should avoid coffee and sugar.

@ Enkaay , u are welcome on board.

@ Cocodiva ure doing a wonderful job here and @ all God bless u all for being yr sis keeper.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 12:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Good morning all,

I am new to Nairaland although i have been a silent follower on the TTC and ART forums for almost 2 years now. I have been battling with secondary infertility for almost 7 years. I had a miscarriage after a Clomid therapy (over 3 months) and no pregnancy since then. I have also had hysteroscopy this year and asked to try naturally for some months, and thereafter probably IVF. I have always had issues with AF and ovulation, so PCOS was diagnosed but then, my hormonal profile did not really fit into that range

For now, I just want to keep my body 'clean' and try naturally till end of the year. I appreciate all the good work done by everyone on this forum and may God bless you all. You have been blessings to me and my family and may God reward you and meet you at your point of need.

As per bee pollen, here is the one I have been using for about 2 months now: http://www.apitherapywellbeing.co.uk/wellbeing-range/apimist-and-apimist-plus/product/apimist-plus-pollen. I learnt about it on the UK fertility forum (fertilityfriends). I asked someone to bring it from the UK for me. It is a mixture of of fresh Royal Jelly, Propolis, and Pollen, in a base of pure honey and I take a teaspoon daily. I don't know if it has done anything yet but I just wanted to mention it, and that it got good reviews. I don't know if they ship to Nigeria also.

Sorry for my long post....do have a good weekend.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2013
yummyk: Good morning all.
@ lore & Temi. i got forever living products & d prices are : bee pollen-N1,980 , royal jelly -N4,300 ,bee propollis - N4,500. hope this help.

@ onose yea, mustard seed , olive oil & honey is a good home remedy 4 fibrod. for kidney infection -use 1 glass of 1005 cranberry juice + 1 glass v8 juice + 1 lavequin 500mg and take dis 4 7 days( got it from Dr Goggle) . Anoda home remedy that i knw for kidney infection is cranbery pill with ACV daily also d per should avoid coffee and sugar.

@ Enkaay , u are welcome on board.

@ Cocodiva ure doing a wonderful job here and @ all God bless u all for being yr sis keeper.

Thanks Yummyk. I will go 4 cranberry now bt dont knw how to get acv and price.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
@ Ofa, that was the exact one I took but had to stop cos of my immunes. It's so yummy! Post your hormonal profile here and we might be able to help. But of you have issues shouldn't you b taking something to regulate your hormones? Metformin for PCOS?? Hope that helps.

What of the ACV everyone is swearing by. Have u tried that?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2013
@yummyk, Thanks so much.

@Onose,I bought my ACV at Shoprite in Lekki. [#2260]
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
@onose if ure not in Lagos, u can order ur ACV frn konga.com
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by twingirls: 12:16am On Oct 26, 2013
Cocodiva, ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ work! Ĵüڪ† discovering dis thread.

Iv been battling wt secondary infertility ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ a year a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ half now, dh refuse to do or try anything apart from healthy living a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ natural therapy, I'm not even allowed to go ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ fertility test, however i did dis computer test, wh says  av too much fat I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my liver, low zinc, low vit e a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ low calcium. iv detoxed wt shake off a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ on a weightloss a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fertility diet, acv, lemon water, zinc, vit e, vitd3. Dh is also taking dem wt me wt lots of veggies. Hope I'm on track cos i ovulate normally a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ period is very regular. the̶̲̥̅̊ only but is dh maintain he's not interested I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fertility treatment.

Sabi sabi mamas, any advise?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Good morning sisters,

@Beetle, yes it's so so yummy. Sorry about the immune issues though. Below is my hormonal profile (Pls forgive me if I am derailing the thread sisters):
AMH=3.23ng/ml, FSH 8.0 IU/L, LH 5.2 IU/L, Dheas 3.20. My TVS showed a retroverted uterus, slightly deviated to the right, the right ovary measured 31.5mm while the left measured 22.9mm. This was done last year at The Bridge and their recommendation was IVF. I wasn't convinced. When I visited the UK, I visited Zita West clinic but didn't go through all the tests again (still valid); just did a review of the tests with the doctors and the result was also IVF.

Yes, I have taken Pregnitude on and off and some metformin too. My clearblue monitor shows that I am ovulating on and off and after bd, but no preg. My husband's panel is good though. I am on CD3 now after 53 days cycle shocked and I am seeing the doc on CD 21 for some tests and thereafter probably start with metformin again. But I want to go the natural way for help. I am starting the ACV after my detox also as prescribed. I am trying to choose between the natural-fertility-info fertility cleanse and the biotanical health one for the detox (I can get them next week). Please which one is better considering I have started AF?

Mamas, please any advise?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by earthrealm(m): 9:16am On Oct 26, 2013
THE COMPUTER THING IS FAKE...the issue has been thrashed so many times in the ttc thread...flee from those peeps...they r fraudsters

twingirls: Cocodiva, ‎∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇G∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇O∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙∙̣̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̣̣̇̇̇D∙̣̣̣̇̇̇∙̣̣̇̇∙̣̇∙ work! Ĵüڪ† discovering dis thread.

Iv been battling wt secondary infertility ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ a year a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ half now, dh refuse to do or try anything apart from healthy living a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ natural therapy, I'm not even allowed to go ‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ fertility test, however i did dis computer test, wh says  av too much fat I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ my liver, low zinc, low vit e a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ low calcium. iv detoxed wt shake off a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ on a weightloss a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fertility diet, acv, lemon water, zinc, vit e, vitd3. Dh is also taking dem wt me wt lots of veggies. Hope I'm on track cos i ovulate normally a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ period is very regular. the̶̲̥̅̊ only but is dh maintain he's not interested I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ fertility treatment.

Sabi sabi mamas, any advise?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 9:21am On Oct 26, 2013
double post
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 9:22am On Oct 26, 2013
@yummy,venus,hopeful3,beetle,ofatruth,diva great job,@twinnie u r welkom.

Of a truth,what exactly are yu considering?ivf or natural?it will help wit decision tollin that line.

@diva weldon mama,how are u taggin along,haha the thread is getting hotter,who brought d fire in here?even hopeful3 don turn doctor,hehe weldon sis,how did d trip go?bring us goodies ooh.

@lore kedu nke n'eme,hope u r blending God,the lord is with you.

@venus......d,ask me wat i said.lots of lov dear.

@kike how are you?

The bottom line of all these is God grant us all our bfp,and he will surely visit us all to his glory alone in jesus name,amen
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 9:37am On Oct 26, 2013
@Honeypie, I am taking the natural line now. I want to detox, do the ACV therapy and take it from there. Thanks for your usual assistance.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hi all ,
@honiepie its natural im going 4 nw by God's grace.im on day 5 of my shake up detox and evrythinis on course bt I notice my urine is kind of yellowish 2day, hope is nothing to worry abt?
Will start d acv - bsm after detox as u prescribed
Pls let me knw wht's next after dat.
@all im believing God 4 as many dat wnt it naturally dat He will do it 4 us in a wonderful way and all our expectations shall nt be cut short.pls have a wonderful weekend.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2013
Good day all,hope we're enjoying the weekend
@enkaay,I don't think its something to be worried about. I'm presently on acv and having some of those symptoms.seems it's the effect of what you're taking and the body adjusting and trying to do its thing !
@twingirls,you're on the right track with the dietary and lifestyle changes you're making.its just good to monitor the body by having tests from time to time.these dh! Its only God that can guide one on how to handle them.they can be so uptight in their decisions.just try to keep mentioning it especially when he's in the clouds with you(know what I mean wink
@ofatruth,its good you're going the natural route.That'l put your body in a good place. If you want to do the fertility cleanse in this cycle,(which is an awesome plan), you have to place your order quickly.because it should start few days after AF.the one from NFS is structured with dates from the beginning of your cycle.both are good.Biotanical is more comprehensive(with colon and kidney cleanse) and hence more pricey.happy cleansing!
@all,enjoy!!!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 3:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ Oga truth, you met the one and only Dr Ndukwe that everyone's talking about. He's quite good on the immunes front and quite successful as well, just moved down to London from Nottingham. I'm quite shocked you're taking shakes, cos I know ZW has nutritionist et all in her clinic. And I know quite well she puts u on her vitamin regime. Did you get Zita West's book. She talked about doing 7- 10 day detox. I'm rooting for Metformin for you. Ratio of LH and FSH must be 1:1 to have PCOS tho. It's well o my sis.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
Thanks a lot Coco diva. Now my mind is at rest.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 7:03am On Oct 27, 2013
@coco, thanks a lot for the comparison. It was helpful.

@Beetle, yes, it was Dr. George Ndukwe. He moved from CARE Notthingham. I wanted to book an appointment with the nutritionist but I thought it was going to be oyinbo food so I declined. I have ZW book Fertility and Conception. I don't think I can strictly follow the detox plan that's why the shake off or detox kit is easier for me. Thanks for your advise on metformin.

@honeypie, thank you.

@all, have a wonderful Sunday and blessed week.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Hello everyone,

For biotanical herbs, the detox process for me then was a bit stressful. I didn't complete it. But for those who don't want to order directly from their website, this is the contact of their agent

How do I order your products from Nigeria?
You can use your Visa, MasterCard or Paypal account to pay for our products, but if you do not have a card, you can order direct from our authorized agent in Nigeria, who you can contact at:

Dollyhams Health

3rd Floor, 93 Allen Avenue,
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria

Office Tel: 234-1-9504888
Mobile: 234-803-3714388

Email: dollyhams@yahoo.com

@
Honiepie24: even hopeful3 don turn doctor,hehe weldon sis,how did d trip go?bring us goodies ooh.
This got me laughing....guess u and cocodiva are good teachers!! grin

@ all enjoy ur day.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Beetle: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2013
@ ofagirl, next time you take advantage of everything. The nutritionist would have ran a test and told u what vitamins you were lacking. No it's not about oyibo food it's about getting a tailored tx which at the end of the day would be beneficial to yourself. No fertility clinics have a in house nutritionist in UK. Zita west has that cos she's a nutritionist who has just branched into Fertility tx. Anyway sha, all the best but pls have a dr check out ur results b4 embarking into Metformin tx. I'm not a Dr o just a TTC lady who has gone through the mills.

Ladies, u all have a good Sunday!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
Hello all,
@hopeful,what made the biotanical detox stressful?was it the quantity of pills or what? On the other hand,the cleanse from NFS was pleasant for me.mostly teas and some pills.the women's best friend was very effective for infection.
And yes ,you're a good teacher.your posts have been very educative and helpful.
@all, have a nice day!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
My dear Cocodiva, there is nothing I have not tried. I used the detox from biotanical herbs in 2009, I can't remember the whole process and other details, but u have to get grapefruits or lemon, olive oil and some other things ( I can't really remember) and I was working in a commercial bank then. It wasn't easy preparing the mixture in the mornings b4 leaving for work. For me it was just stressful.

Let me give an update on my cleanse last month. I used edmark shakeoff for 3 days after af. I took Trevor, acv + bsm. The week I was expecting af, I took liver flushing tea,capsule and milk thistle seed extract (all from NFS)...I have irregular cycles but this cycle I ended up with a 30 day cycle. This month, I had a clot free, painless and normal red af. Which for me was a great improvement. Though I am still battling with my infection, I will bring out my 'women's best friend' capsules from NFS (@ Cocodiva just reminded me. I forgot totally shocked..thanks a lot) kiss
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Sentempest(f): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
pretty mums where can i buy flaxseed oil,ground flaxseed,acv,trevo,baby and me in calabar. thks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
Happy Sunday all
@sen tempest , whr a u in Calabar?
im in Calabar & can get Trevo N12k) & acv 4 u .
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
http://naturalnigerian.com/ahia-natural-nigerian-marketplace/

@tempest check d above for yr flaxseed but 4 baby & me its US product and I dnt think is in Nigeria market yet. May be u should order it tru 3rd party.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by chimdalu58: 9:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
@hopeful3 thats nice,congrats dear,whats your sleep like?honestly my hype after the detox is i stopped snoring,hehe,it wasnt so bad but it was embarrassing,and a topic for teasing,offcourse dh who else?

@coco diva high five sis,nice thread.abeg am searchin 4 where i could get pure extra vigin olive oil.any advice?

@sen tempest good luck dear.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by kike100: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2013
My sistas and bros, as we trust God and medicine as we TTC, its important we also pray and secure their lives even before they arrive. I came across this brief message which I enjoin us to open, listen, pray and be blessed. I haven't stopped listening over and over since I got it oo.
Sorry if I digressed the thread.

http://www.funkefelixadejumo.org/web/do-you-already-have-a-child-children-are-you-a-mother/
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 4:38am On Oct 29, 2013
Good morning all,
Yummk thanks for the link. I learnt a lot from the it.

@chimdalu58, well..there was no change in my sleep pattern, I find it difficult sleeping for 8 hrs...guess I am just a workaholic!!!

@kike100, thanks for the link. I have book marked the site.

My dear sisters, very soon we will announce our bfps. Meanwhile, for our guidance, let's download a free copy of How To Avoid A Miscarriage.
11 Simple Evidence-Based Tips
100% Free. 

http://miscarriage-prevention.com/free-report/
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by kingsdaughter: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2013
yummyk:

Yes , im nt in Lagos im in Port Harcourt. Pls is the any1 that knw whr I can get it in Ph? Does any1 knw abt Navital Maca Powder.

So I found where u can get Maca in Ph. its Rafar Pharmacy. their address is on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RafarPharmacy I was really overwhelmed when i visited there over the weekend. I got vitex and wellman conception there. They have Maca, flaxseed oil, bee propolis coconut oil and all sorts of supplements I have been hearing about lately. the shop is off ada george just very close to agip another one is at the airport but i dont know if they sell all those supplements there. You can call the numbers on their fb page .
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hello all,
Hope we're all doing fine.
@kike100,thanks for the link
@hopeful,you're welcome dear.and thanks for the link
@chimdalu,thanks.you can get the olive oil at any good supermarket or pharmacy.just ensure it has "extra virgin olive oil" written on it and also "cold pressed". I don't know your location,but in lagos,you can get it at shoprite or game store.
@king's daughter,thanks for the hint. You've provided good info for people in that location.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lore&Temi:
@yummyk, Thanks so much.

Thank u @ Lore&Temi. I asked dh to get it for me. Maybe i hv 2 check shoprite @ ikeja first.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 7:10pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lore&Temi:
@yummyk, Thanks so much.

Thank u @ Lore&Temi. I‘ll ask dh to get it for me. Maybe i hv 2 check shoprite @ ikeja first.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by finecheek12: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2013
@@@honiepie i replied ur mail on sunday abeg check ur sppams guess d thin enter dir again, plz awaiting ur response

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.