Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,429 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? (3577 Views)

You Won't Believe What This Lady Gave Her Boyfriend As A Gift (photo) / Gobe!!! Lady Caught Her Friend With Her Boyfriend (pics) / And Another Beautiful, Young Lady Proposes To Her Boyfriend (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by jmoore(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
jay bee:
Why u wan know?
so that the op can tell her the search is over.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by vxtr(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2013
D guy is not going to marry her, the gurl in question shud use her brain and not her feelings. The guy is just enjoying the free sex and all that. Tell ur friend to wise up and face reality. She will definitely meeet a man of her dreams if she can pull herself together and move on.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by DExplorer1: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
dBard:

..but he's not making her part of his plans or at least privy t dem is wat is significant here.
I personally tink d bf is not sure about d lady in question hence d cold feet else, wit all d pressure, he could ve as well put her mind@ ease wit at most a 'promise ring' grin.
@o.p..ur frnd needs t focus on herself n make herself an Asset again. If he saw her as one, he would do his Best neva t lose her..
My opinion tho..
Hmmm, I won't say he's not making her part of his plans but i'd say he's not communicating his plans to her. I think some guys believe they 'have' a girl for keeps and that's all that matters. Some dudes just wanna work it out and deliver the results right at the face of the lady. . .guys with different orientation, you know.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Dubemkelly(m): 9:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
U must not be used as a se.x tool n @d end of d day,u get rode on like a horse n dumped like a trash, its absolutely space consuming been in a r/ship dat aint anyfin close 2 being defined...Sister, I advise u move on, try mingle wit oda serz guys just on d frndship platform,d compatible one wud get attracted n wud pop d qxn ...Don't waste ur time gettin stuck in a r/ship dat is futureless. Naturally, @30,a gurl shud b in a serz r/ship leading 2 sth blissful via marriage or evn married tho sum circumstncs cud delay it.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
If na the guy wan marry now, dem go say e dey put the babe under undue pressure. But if the gyal wan marry by force, men full outside wey dey find desperado. The choice is hers, as we won't be there to form marriage counsellor, we don settle our own personal matter finish.
A word is enough for a fool, because he cannot understand plenty.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:46am On Aug 29, 2013
I read some peoples comment and i wonder why i guy who can keep a girl for 4years and remain faithful to her will not want to marry her. Though the girl in question didn't give us details abt d guy in question so i could only assume d reason for him not being ready could simply be finance. Larger amt of single guys would want to get married but d finance has really been an issue, No young guy wants to get married and start telling stories to d wife and children...Money is d key to marriage...U must have a fat acct before u can even open ur mouth to tell ur family ur ready for marriage. I can only put myself in d guys shoes cus am a man..He needs a good job, not too fat bank acct, but atleast abv 2Million for marriage expenses, a car and a house (rented apartment) not too bad. So without dis things, its difficult for d guy to ever think marriage for now when he still have time on him. Am sorry, d girl jst have to realise dis guy loves him, but d problem is CASH, so if she has to quit, she can quit, but is totally not d guys fault, Its economy situation of this country. My opinion though.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2013
In my humble opinion, this is a no brainer. Dude aint got you in his plans for the future. There are many broke couples who are married.

It is when you get married that people say you have settled down, not before.I've met, heard and read of many couples who had little or nothing when they got married and they are extremely wealthy today and vice versa.a real mature man will not marry because he 'has settled down',but because he has met the woman he can settle down with and build his future! Girl, bobo yen o ni e fe!

Pls, be assured,age is a factor! Don't be surprised if this punk turns around and tells you you're too old for him to marry, because he wants many children. Age aint on your side o,carry your two legs and run from this time waster!

God will provide oko alalubarika for you, work on being the best wife for such a man... Shalom

2 Likes

Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by emmadiva(f): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2013
evryone is advising you to breakup with ur finance/boyfriend..i know it wont easy leacing him just like that i suggest u dont put ur egg in one basket,just cheat on the guy....then choose the one that is better
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by lolaluv1(f): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2013
sunnydayasaba: I read some peoples comment and i wonder why i guy who can keep a girl for 4years and remain faithful to her will not want to marry her. Though the girl in question didn't give us details abt d guy in question so i could only assume d reason for him not being ready could simply be finance. Larger amt of single guys would want to get married but d finance has really been an issue, No young guy wants to get married and start telling stories to d wife and children...Money is d key to marriage...U must have a fat acct before u can even open ur mouth to tell ur family ur ready for marriage. I can only put myself in d guys shoes cus am a man..He needs a good job, not too fat bank acct, but atleast abv 2Million for marriage expenses, a car and a house (rented apartment) not too bad. So without dis things, its difficult for d guy to ever think marriage for now when he still have time on him. Am sorry, d girl jst have to realise dis guy loves him, but d problem is CASH, so if she has to quit, she can quit, but is totally not d guys fault, Its economy situation of this country. My opinion though.

It's a no-brainer why some girls don't date broke dudes. When he knew that this was the deal then why did he ask her out in the first place? And lead her on for 4 good years?

She must be a good girl willing to believe in a guy's dreams. A streetwise girl would definitely not be caught in this sort of nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by repogirl(f): 8:32am On Aug 29, 2013
emmadiva: evryone is advising you to breakup with ur finance/boyfriend..i know it wont easy leacing him just like that i suggest u dont put ur egg in one basket,just cheat on the guy....then choose the one that is better

girl, u r so on point, gone are d days when girls were forming faithful and true. You should never get urself out of the dating pool until u have been proposed to. Its not cheating o, its having options grin.

never put ur eggs in a basket when there are so many other correct baskets out there.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by emmadiva(f): 8:38am On Aug 29, 2013
repogirl:

girl, u r so on point, gone are d days when girls were forming faithful and true. You should never get urself out of the dating pool until u have been proposed to. Its not cheating o, its having options grin.

never put ur eggs in a basket when there are so many other correct baskets out there.
yeah thank u for agreeing with me
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 29, 2013
Lol. I hope all those over boys out there can see with their own eyes? Trust a woman at your own peril. The other day, Richfella exposed some open
secrets, now's the time to act on them.
Always remember that women only engage in activities that favour their interests or have the potential to. And they have absolutely no qualms let you loose if they're tored with you.
Now take the girl in the OP for instance, note that if she'd seen someone 'better' or more established and ready for marriage, she'd be gone in a heartbeat, it happens all the time. How many tomes have we heard cases of girls breaking up with their supposed boyfriends and getting married two weeks later?
My point? Do what you want to do and what you have to do without remorse, you can't please everybody and certainly don't go out of your way to please an unappreciative woman. If any woman's unhappy, she can bounce.

For further reading see:
https://www.nairaland.com/1409603/what-it-really-means-man
And
https://www.nairaland.com/396243/how-maintain-control-woman.

Young men, it would be wise to check those sources. Don't let a woman be your downfall.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by sunnyt1(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2013
repogirl:

I have bin waiting for someone to come up wit this, so finally, here u are.

The major reason for infidelity (and lack of peace, success, harmony) in marriages is this tin u jst mentioned.

Most of us act this "dnt put all ur eggs in one basket" script while still single wit d mindset that if A dos not wok B or C wud. And we tink we can stop it wen we finally settle down, bt do people stop it? You will understand wat i mean if u look around you, married people are so involved in extra-marital affiars that its now a norm.

Bottom line is, when it comes to the choice of who to marry, u cant do it on ur own, u cant depend on ur intelligence, u need GOD. The fact that u are considering more than one person (many options) means GOD is not in it. You are meant to prayerfully go to GOD to give you the bone of ur bone and the flesh of ur flesh.

Trust in the LORD wit all ur heart, lean not on ur own understanding.

1 Like

Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2013
Please, this is not an issue of putting eggs in different baskets. If you see it so, you might as well be issued debentures on such investments. You can distribute your 'eggs' in a dozen baskets and none of them would come to fruition. It even comes across as a disadvantage if/when it is suspected or discovered that you are dating another person concurrently. It will not hasten 'events', it will put a clog in the wheel sooner rather than later.

Do you even know how tiring it is to divide yourself between 2 people? Let alone 3 or 4? You'll probably run mad. You can ask mothers who have children how they cope with 2 or 3 kids making demands at the same time. One man is enough problem biko. The girl should not deviate from her one man - one woman principle, it is a virtue, not foolishness.

3 Likes

Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=lola.luv]

It's a no-brainer why some girls don't date broke dudes. When he knew that this was the deal then why did he ask her out in the first place? And lead her on for 4 good years?

She must be a good girl willing to believe in a guy's dreams. A streetwise girl would definitely not be caught in this sort of nonsense.

Well, i dnt really knw d dude, but i can only speak on his behalf as a man too, He must really be a nice guy too to stick arnd wit the girl too, No girl is ready to stick arnd with a guy who has nothing to offer, 4yrs is a long yr for d guy too to throw away..Yes he might be a broke guy, but am sure he's doing something right dats why even d girl wants marriage frm him. My advice for d girl, Just put him in prayer and believe, Talk with him and find out wat he needs to make marriage possible, The unemployment situation or poor pay has really contributed to guys avoiding marriage. But starting a new relationship those not still guarantee u marriage..think abt it.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by repogirl(f): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hehehe, fluid 20, u say dividing ursef btw two people is tiring? U need tutorials.

and the poster who said distributing ones eggs leads to infidelity after marriage is wrong.

Infidelity is a personal thing, even people who are faithful prior to marriage can become unfaithful after marriage.

girls, distribute those eggs abeg.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
repogirl: Hehehe, fluid 20, u say dividing ursef btw two people is tiring? U need tutorials.

and the poster who said distributing ones eggs leads to infidelity after marriage is wrong.

Infidelity is a personal thing, even people who are faithful prior to marriage can become unfaithful after marriage.

how do you like your eggs, fried or boil or drilled and grilled...i got all the recipe grin
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by repogirl(f): 6:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
rigormortis:

how do you like your eggs, fried or boil or drilled and grilled...i got all the recipe grin

hahaha, my eggs have been taken, sowie. I'm married.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by dBard: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
repogirl: Hehehe, fluid 20, u say dividing ursef btw two people is tiring? U need tutorials.

its obvious a lot of u lack understanding. if u Cannot Commit in a relationship den u have No Bizness dating..cos as d oda poster said u will not commit in marraige. U cannot give wat u dont ve.
It might look like foolishness t u, but that aspect of d frnds character I do admire.
Go on dividing ur attention, carry on distributing ur eggs..hope u will ve hands enuff t carry them.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
repogirl, was that your modus operandi before you got married? Are you a retired distributor?

If you ever have daughters, would you lead them down the same path?

I am completely gobsmacked!
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by repogirl(f): 9:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
A word is enough for the wise, until you get someone who wants to put a ring on it, keep searching.

As for my daughters, whatever they choose to do, na Dem sabi, as for me, this is my own.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Boll2010: 7:43am On Aug 30, 2013
^^^ what apened to parental guide my sister
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by dBard: 9:26am On Aug 30, 2013
Boll2010: ^^^ what apened to parental guide my sister

Do u expect the apple to fall far from d tree??
Well, she's living wit her decision, her life sha..
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by repogirl(f): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
dBard:

I will guide my kids to weigh their options and try to make wise decisions and take responsibility for their mistakes. when they are old enough to make their decisions, I won't influence it.

my parents did their best and left me to mine and I can say I turned out quite well, thanks to God.

don't come here forming holier than thou, y'all have your secrets and y'all are far from perfect so please quit pointing fingers.
most of u do not practice what you preach.
you'll lead a chick on for years then dump her and go marry one ten years younger than her.

I have talked my own, given my twwo cents, so u shld speak yours instead of making me who is already happily married with kids the centre of discussion.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Boll2010: 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2013
dBard:

u meant to guide dem nt makn final decision
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by dBard: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
repogirl:
I will guide my kids to weigh their options and try to make wise decisions and take responsibility for their mistakes. when they are old enough to make their decisions, I won't influence it.

my parents did their best and left me to mine and I can say I turned out quite well, thanks to God.

don't come here forming holier than thou, y'all have your secrets and y'all are far from perfect so please quit pointing fingers.
most of u do not practice what you preach.
you'll lead a chick on for years then dump her and go marry one ten years younger than her.

I have talked my own, given my twwo cents, so u shld speak yours instead of making me who is already happily married with kids the centre of discussion.

First of all, it is Not compulsory f every relationship to end in marraige. the basis for relationship is companionship..d period of dating is to see how compatible both parties are n if they are n are willing they can choose t make it more permanent hence marraige.
I cannot n Do Not get into a relationship wit someone n den keep 2/3 by d side, just in case. It simply shows am not ready t be in a committed relationship n shows a level of selfishness which shouldn't exist in relationships. u r dividing ur attention btw multiple prospects, how do u now sincerely choose/ wat now becomes d basis of settling??
Like I said before, it was ur choice, ur way..Thank God u said its working f u, but its an advice I will Never give t any of my loved ones, simply cos it has a high potential f disaster than any.
One who didnt give 100% during dating, how do u expect the same t give a 100% in marraige I wouldnt bet on it.
In that alone,d o.ps frnd has my Respect..f wateva it is worth.
Re: She Will Be 30 Soon, But Her Boyfriend Seems Ready Not. What Should She Do? by Exponental(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
As long as he has a place of his own, the wedding does not necessarily have to be ceremonous. They can go to court with few family members. That's all!
Traditional and any other marriage ceremonies can be done later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Give This Kissing Pattern A Name [pics / My Girlfriend Did Not Pick My Call / Will You Kiss A Frog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.