Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? (12682 Views)

Is MouthAction Okay In Christian Marriage? / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Any Difference Btw The Roman Catholic Church And The Today Protestant Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by anibi9674: 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Man u thou r inexcuseable. Man has no right 2 commit murder, simqle
Chrisbenogor:

The question my brother is the definition of Human being. Thats why I talked about where to draw the line.

PS,
This would flow a lot better if you answered my questions as well
I repeat
If a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was Molested by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by gr8man: 6:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nigerian husbands, you see your life?! The truth about Nigerian husbands busted:
www.nairaland.com/1414969/awkward-truth-naija-husbands
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by cold(m): 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
These pro lifers are at it again with their 'no abortion under any circumstance' argument. This is so tiring. Even Ireland,a country whose anti abortion laws are heavily embedded in Catholicism have had to bend over backwards and change their legislation to accomodate abortion in severe cases where the mother's life is in danger. This is only after Sativa Happalava died as a result of doctors refusing an abortion even when it was clear her life was in danger. I'm sure you pro lifers would say it is ok to let her die rather than administer a D & C. Pathetic
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Theeni: 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
What you people fail to realise in your ignorance are the rules catering for an abortion. There are medical cases that would warrant termination of the pregnancy,for example,if a woman has an ectopic pregnancy(outside the womb) that is continually growing and would likely kill her if it gets beyond a certain size and ruptures at that stage(ask a doctor around you regarding that). Now tell me,if it was your beloved wife/sister/mother and a doctor breaks the news to you that this pregnancy is going to kill your loved one if not ended soon,would you or would you not betray your religious doctrine? Reminds me of a certain jehovah witness mum that was watching her soon die and eventually agreed to blood transfusion

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dmcdad: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Bros,
This is very simple common sense, aside from the fact that none of the crowd calling it murder bother to check if these babies have been thrown into canals or abandoned in motherless babies homes or even sold.

Lemme ask you then if a pregnancy would kill a woman, would you allow her carry it till the end still?
Do you think it is morally right to ask a woman who was raped by an armed robber to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
And you think terminating it is a better option? Wrong ideology bruv...
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Noneroone(m): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
The Anglican church does not support it either. The question should be whose faithfuls engage in abortion most and i guess catholics. Though they pretend a lot.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dmcdad: 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Pygru: Anyhow you look am, Abortion na murder.
And you will also be thwarting God's plan.
Genesis Chapter 25
20 And Isaac was forty years old when he took Rebekah to wife, the daughter of Bethuel the Syrian of Padanaram, the sister to Laban the Syrian.
21 And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she [was] barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
22 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If [it be] so, why [am] I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD.
23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations [are] in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and [the one] people shall be stronger than [the other] people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

^You seeeee. She never born and bible don already call am children!!
Luke 1:44
King James Bible
For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
God bless you bruv...
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dmcdad: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Are we gonna argue over this? What is wrong is wrong and what is right is right... Nothing changes them. Let's leave spirituality apart first, abortion is totally WRONG!!! Please do not be deceived into believing anything contrary to this. It is strongly against good morals. Not to mention ethics and spirituality. Whether you argue for or against, the fact remains that abortion is very wrong in the sight of God.

I believe anyone with a very sound moral would be against abortion, not to mention high spirituality.

Abeg make we leave story for tortoise jare...

Like the op said, we wanna know from non-Catholics.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by luggy(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
all this poeple that support abortion., do you think, you will be speaking write now, if you were aborted., when you was in your mothers womb.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by salt1: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
If you can read and contribute to this thread, go and thank your Mom for not aborting you.
Life is sacred and it begins at conception not at birth.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by seyi360(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
italo: I think most non-Catholic "churches" just like to avoid the topic because they are not strong-willed enough to stand for truth.

If they preached against vices like abortion and internet fraud regularly, most pentecostal "churches" would be empty in Nigeria.

by what parameter(s) did u arrive at your biased,hypocritical and inbalanced assessment of Pentecostal churches in Nigeria?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
abortion is not okay whether in protestant church or anywhere in the world. It is simply bad. No other name for it!
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by slyk2(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
When topics are thrown to the public domain, a lot of people contribute without knowing the angle of debate.
How many of us have taken time to read the content of the bill signed into law by the Imo state governor?
The said law never made it a free for all affair.
And i dont think the governor desires unborn children to be deprived of living.

He made the provision for a select group of people.
sincerely speaking, no one will allow any of his relative to carry a pregnancy that will lead her to the grave.
Also, pregnancies of incest/taboo,rape et al are also offered the right to terminate such.

Today we all are championing stop the abortion slogan, but we will accent to killing an armed robber or kidnapper -- murder na murder.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
My friend, I have visited pentecostal churches and most of the preaching is on prosperity and anything that makes the congregation comfortable.

Even if I didnt visit, their sermons are all over the TV all over the world.

Just look at daystar chanel on dstv, 20hrs out of 24 they are talking about how you can give them money to get blessings.

If you think otherwise, tell me just ONE concrete thing that any pentecostal church has done to protect the life of the unborn.

seyi360: by what parameter(s) did u arrive at your biased,hypocritical and inbalanced assessment of Pentecostal churches in Nigeria?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
dallyemmy: . WHAT IF SHE DIES IN THE PROCESS?

The only reason people die from abortions in Nigeria is because it is illegal, therefore properly trained doctors don't do it and women have to resort to using quacks.

When properly performed by competent physicians in a safe environment, abortion is extremely safe. Last year in the UK, there were 185,122 reported abortions and 0 (zero!) deaths. Add the fact that criminalizing it does nothing to prevent desperate young women from getting them and its obvious why anybody who is not a religious fanatic should support legalization regardless of how you feel about the procedure itself.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
How is abortion evil?
The catholic church has till this day refused even accent to the use of proper contraceptives. I have no problem when you guys have an opinion on religious issues, but when common sense says otherwise then there has to be a problem.
Baby factories have been popping up left right and center, this menace has to be curbed and at the root of the matter is giving these young women the chance to terminate it before it becomes a bigger crime.
At least Imo state can become the capital in Nigeria where people travel to have a proper medical termination of their pregnancies.

Have you ever read any church official document on these issues. Sometimes I am taken aback with the way many people just come out to attack catholic church when they have never even enter the church once in their life or when they haven't read even the catechism of the church talkless of other encyclical and other church documents. I am sure if many people here will take time to read full church documents on these social issues, many will keep their mouth shut. It is wrong to argue from an uninformed point of view. Catholic church is not a wishy-washy, anyhow church and every doctrine of the church has official documents detailing why's and whynots. Let those who want to be informed search for the truth. You might end up getting converted.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
tete7000:
Have you ever read any church official document on these issues. Sometimes I am taken aback with the way many people just come out to attack catholic church when they have never even enter the church once in their life or when they haven't read even the catechism of the church talkless of other encyclical and other church documents. I am sure if many people here will take time to read full church documents on these social issues, many will keep their mouth shut. It is wrong to argue from an uninformed point of view. Catholic church is not a wishy-washy, anyhow church and every doctrine of the church has official documents detailing why's and whynots. Let those who want to be informed search for the truth. You might end up getting converted.

Here's a link the vatican's official site where it states clearly that all forms of contraception except the rhythm method (in certain circumstances) are banned.

You are so full of shït. Like Chris Hitchens said, if we gave you an enema, you'd fit into a matchbox.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 8:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03: Abortion is nowhere in the bible.

Yet christians use religious grounds to go against it

Remind me again...what does the bible say about adding/subtracting to the scripture?
Solar scripture is a doctrine invented by the Protestants. The church existed before the bible, the church compiled the bible, bible derived its authority from being part of the church. Take the bible out of church as it has been done in modern era and it become an history book studied and disputed by some professors, scientists and your likes. The church can pontificate on issues whether they appear explicitly in the bible or not and set moral tones for the society. Don't forget what was written in the bible before were written by members of the church and the holy spirit still continue to act within the church leading the church to all truths whether the truths are explicit in the scripture or not.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by chuks824(m): 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2013
Shekson: I am totally I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ support of abortion I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ early weeks of pregnancy. A foetus isn't an human being.
And for God's sake we have had incidences of women giving birth and dropping babies at hospitals and religious institutions cos they couldn't take care of dem.
I saw a family of four kids with their mum after their dad ran away. These kids can't afford to buy ordinary bathing soap. They sleep I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a shop. If their poverty strucken mum had aborted at least two, then the oda two can have the little luxury of living on the available manageable resources. The burden becomes shifted on govt. Public schools are being flooded. Hau much can the govt afford on free quality education on exploding population of these kids?
Government daily preaches family planning. Religious institutions are meant to be preaching this but they don't.
I believe so much in legalizing abortion!!!
anything u think pls dont wish people were not born or aborted. nor matter how smart ur plan may be there will always be poor people and in all u do put God first
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 8:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Evil Brain:

Here's a link the vatican's official site where it states clearly that all forms of contraception except the rhythm method (in certain circumstances) are banned.

You are so full of shït. Like Chris Hitchens said, if we gave you an enema, you'd fit into a matchbox.
Mumu and why not take out the points one by one and dispute them. Oponu, olodo,you think and react upside down. You case is hopeless.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by dollydolly(f): 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
dnawah: What would have happened,if Marry aborted Jesus?ewo! Who 4 save me?God remain bless,thank u Jesus.
. This is saying it exactly d way it is. She got preggy mysteriously few weeks or days b4 her wedding. Yet she didn't abort it. Moral lesson; we should persevere n seek d face of God dat he would turn our downfalls,shortfalls n challenges into blessing.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
tete7000:
Solar scripture is a doctrine invented by the Protestants. The church existed before the bible, the church compiled the bible, bible derived its authority from being part of the church. Take the bible out of church as it has been done in modern era and it become an history book studied and disputed by some professors, scientists and your likes. The church can pontificate on issues whether they appear explicitly in the bible or not and set moral tones for the society. Don't forget what was written in the bible before were written by members of the church and the holy spirit still continue to act within the church leading the church to all truths whether the truths are explicit in the scripture or not.

You are so wrong

1) The church existed before the bible? Wrong.

The scriptures came before the church. Noah didnt go to a church. The church gets its authority from the bible

2) the church sets moral of the society? Wrong.

There are atheists, muslims and pagans in most societies.....what makes you think that your church or religion has any right to dictate its morals to them? Do you think I wilk ever respect ypur Jewish god?
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are so wrong

The scriptures came before the church. Noah didnt go to a church. The church gets its authority from the bible

There are atheists, muslims and pagans in most societies.....what makes you think that your church or religion has any right to dictate its morals to them? Do you think I wilk ever respect ypur Jewish god?
Olodo who compiled and determined which books should be in the bible. Before the church compiled separate books together, do you have anything called the 'bible'. Hope u know there are other books not included in the bible and who said those shouldn't be included - the bible itself I guess? Don't go into what you don't know. Those wrote the bible- Paul, James, john are members of early church. How can what they wrote existed before the church which they were members of. Use logic and stop allolowing your pastors deceived you.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are so wrong

Olodo who compiled and determined which books should be in the bible. Before the church compiled separate books together, do you have anything called the 'bible'. Hope u know there are other books not included in the bible and who said those shouldn't be included - the bible itself I guess? Don't go into what you don't know. Those wrote the bible- Paul, James, john are members of early church. How can what they wrote existed before the church which they were members of. Use logic and stop allolowing your pastors deceived you.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are so wrong

Jesus said of the prophets, john the baptist is the greatest but in the Christian era, he is the least. Try and find out why he said so.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by HARMYMY(f): 9:30pm On Aug 29, 2013
why should abortion be legalized? Is it to encourage prostitution or to prepare for future barred woman? spiritual abortion is a sin''' while physically is a crime'::........
A SIN is anything you do or you want to do that you want it to be hinden or secret and that any time you remember it you have guilty conscience
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by italo: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2013
Well, it is difficult yo know who pretends or not. But one thing we can know for sure is that yhe Catholic Church teaches that abottion is evil. You can gind that much in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

What do these "churches" teach?

Noneroone: The Anglican church does not support it either. The question should be whose faithfuls engage in abortion most and i guess catholics. Though they pretend a lot.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Can you kindly give what your response would be? Because like you said somewhere if at all you say you can terminate the pregnancy because it threatens the womans life then its murder still, if you leave it and the woman dies, still its murder. Whose life is better ?

Make me starve to death, lol ok your analogy is kinda flat but lemme humor you, I would try till my resources are exhausted and then anything that happens after that well that would be sad.

I understand the need to sound politically correct, I know you believe in God and you worship God and I know you believe God sees your inner most thoughts so there is no need for you to save face here. You would ask a girl 13 years old, who was raped viscously by 6 armed robbers to keep a child that would remind her of the trauma?
Lets start with the girl, how would it affect her psychologically. In Nigeria at least what most people do is move her away to a place where she would have less glare from the society still it would be nine months of horror. Even when the child is born I am very sure most of us have pissed our parents to the edge while growing up, you expect this not to be a source of constant emotional and psychological pain to her?
Lets move to the child, when he asks who is father is what fable would you give to him? He would eventually find out that he is son of "armed robbers" and trust little kids who ever get a hint to tease the hell out of the child, yet more psychological trauma........would you even allow your brother marry a woman who already had a child before?
Sighs.......the need to be politically correct.
wow i'm surprised, d devil can really make somtin bad 2b really swit....so wat u r sayin in essence is dat an innocent lyf should be taken because of d sinz of d father abi. If it is so den i bet we wont hear most names in dis world lyk solomon, jehoshaphat e.t.c. It is really bad dat som nigerians r defending abortion....i tink i have to wait 4 d "scriptural" defence of gay marriage also (devil over-wise die)
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by tete7000(m): 9:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Noneroone: The Anglican church does not support it either. The question should be whose faithfuls engage in abortion most and i guess catholics. Though they pretend a lot.
When people like you don't know what to say, you turn the argument upside down. How can what people use their freewill to do invalidate the truth the church teaches? Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by babestell(f): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
The sad truth is that abortion is a controversial issue and in this age of people wanting to hear what pleases them, no sane pastor would spend so much time on a doctrine that may cost him his customers sorry congregation.
All of you talking about saving the mother's life, l hope you understand that it is just in 5% of pregnancies that will really/necessarily lead to this point. A lot of abortions are cosmetic or for family planning. Medical science is very advanced now and there are a lot of success stories of women carrying complicated pregnancies to term. As for the victim of rape or molestation.....very sad story indeed and I would not wish that on anyone, but the fact is that the foetus is a living being and aborting it would be like punishing Peter for the crimes of Paul, the problem is more of a societal one where people blame the victim instead of consoling her.
Adoption in Nigeria is WAR! Its a difficult and demoralising process, if you are not strong you will give up hope. Most motherless homes have a list of coupkes who are online hoping to get a baby, but approval from government is usually slow and unfortunately most people want babies below one year. There is thread on nairaland talking about couples experiences with IVF, I was so touched when I read through the 66 pages, people out there want babies and we are here supporting abortion.
The solution is for everyone to practice what they preach....sexual abstinence.......
Any church that teaches that a foetus is not human or alive until a certain age is a big fraud,

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
Shekson: I am totally I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ support of abortion I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ early weeks of pregnancy. A foetus isn't an human being.
And for God's sake we have had incidences of women giving birth and dropping babies at hospitals and religious institutions cos they couldn't take care of dem.
I saw a family of four kids with their mum after their dad ran away. These kids can't afford to buy ordinary bathing soap. They sleep I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a shop. If their poverty strucken mum had aborted at least two, then the oda two can have the little luxury of living on the available manageable resources. The burden becomes shifted on govt. Public schools are being flooded. Hau much can the govt afford on free quality education on exploding population of these kids?
Government daily preaches family planning. Religious institutions are meant to be preaching this but they don't.
I believe so much in legalizing abortion!!!

really hmmm.....u r saying she should have atleast killed two because u ve 4gotten dat lyf stats in d womb.....btw did d woman nd her husband not d fault, instead of doin family plannin de gave birth to more dan wat de cn take care of nd u tink d only soln is murder abi....guy relax nd reflect on ur wordz o cos as i de see u if u become presidnt u fit legalise kidnappin nd say na job
Re: Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
tete7000:

Scriptures......read my comment....the scriptures not the bible existed before the church.......thy had to exist before they were compiled

By the way, i am not a christian, i am an ex-catholic atheist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Pastor Kumuyi Preached This Morning That Surprised Many. / Coronavirus: Make Sanitary Materials Available At Worship Centres - CAN / How Do You Identify A True Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.