Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five (11706 Views)

The Rise in Organ Disease: How Traffickers Steal Kidneys In Nepal / Pure MADNESS!!!Man Cuts Off Own Organ With Razor Blade In Ijebu-ode, Ogun State. / Man Cuts Off Own Organ With Razor Inijebu-ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by 3ace(m): 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Oju kongba.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by special2: 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Err1 kips sayn d eyes, v U thought of breathing?? Or U intend to use ur eyes wyl U r on life support or probably breathe wif ur mouth for d whole years U wud spend on earth undecided. anyways personally I'd go for ma nose. Jus finkin outsyd d box grin
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by iamdsam: 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
My sight is the most important, essential and peculiar sense organ to me. Life without sight is unimaginable
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Burger01(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
cool
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Pdizzle(m): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Popowaa: I need skin to feel all the good things abt sex,if i see and i cannt feel heavenly feeelings what is the use?
Wit no eyes..u wont even knw if its a monkey fu.ckn u

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by dokunbam(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva: Seeing they say is believing, so i'll rather have an eye and believe grin
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by azeez4islam(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
I thought of this too but what you don't know won't hurt you. When i was in secondary school, a girl could virtually strip in front of me and i wouldn't feel a thing and that's because i didn't know about the thing. So, if you don't know about it then you can't feel it. lol grin
same from ds angle too, tot i was d only view from there.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by sofadj(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
Order of importance
1. Skin sensations: sense of touch is not just for feeling, it is actually protective. Feeling pain makes one aware of danger and thus avoid it, without feeling pain, heat etc one will be exposed to danger without knowing. Why do u think it hus when u sit in one position for long? It is an indication that blood flow to that part is being compromised and u need to adjust to correct this. Few people can live a normal life without the sensation of touch,pain,heat etc
2. Eye : while sight is very important to carry out day to day activities, living does not depend on it. Many pple are currently living without sight
3. Ear : I honestly don't know which shld come first Eye or Ear because effective communication is almost as important as sight however while hearing can be replaced by use of sign language seeing can't.
4.Nose(sense of smell and not breathing) this also has protective functions. Protecting us from dangerous substances
5.Tongue(taste) apart frm enjoyin food, it serves no other function.

However all parts of the body is important(though not equally) no matter how small, even if its just a nail on ur little toe that hurts , your whole body wouldn't feel good.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by SIRKOL(m): 9:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
sholay2011: I was watching a TV broadcast and learnt of a question that was asked from one of the contestants for Miss Philippine, USA which reads: " If you were to have only one functioning sense organ of the five; which one would you want it to be and why?" And the lady began to stutter.

These are the five sense organs: The Skin, The eyes, The ears, The nose and The Tongue. So, if you were in the lady's shoes, what sense organ would it be and why?
need my Tongue for my dearest meal, can't afford to miss tasting d food!!!
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by joeace2020(m): 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2013
$pecial:
Err1 kips sayn d eyes, v U thought of breathing?? Or U intend to use ur eyes wyl U r on life support or probably breathe wif ur mouth for d whole years U wud spend on earth undecided. anyways personally I'd go for ma nose. Jus finkin outsyd d box grin

oga d sensory function of nose is smelling not breathing eeeeeeee... nawaaaa

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by yfo: 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
bright007: the eye is the most important sense organ...
so i choose the eye.

also,i have always thought about if it were possible to make the skin senseless so that i do not feel pain anymore.

used to think that way....until my hand got hold of a naked wire while sleeping (blame my height)...
if not for our nerve senses, na roasting things for sleep be that grin
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Blessmira: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
LMAO...cheesy . This is damn funny...cheesy
All dez sense organs ar very important....
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2013
which kain yeye questions be dis one na?? God dat created us knows we need all five, why asking me 'if'?? it doesn't change anything.
Btw, If you say ur answer is eye now and nature says 'aite its seems this guy is ok with just his eye, and u wake up and see dat na only eye remain for you.?? How u go do ur life. Abeg next question pls?!
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by sholay2011(m): 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
booqee: which kain yeye questions be dis one na?? God dat created us knows we need all five, why asking me 'if'?? it doesn't change anything.
Btw, If you say ur answer is eye now and nature says 'aite its seems this guy is ok with just his eye, and u wake up and see dat na only eye remain for you.?? How u go do ur life. Abeg next question pls?!
Don't take my thread too personally dear. My question is not a sign of end tym. wink

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Having no eyes infers som1 leads u all d tym.
U can breath without ur nose.
Life would be funny without sounds.
Contrary 2 what pple think, u can't talk without ur tongue... But u fit chaw sha.
The skin is important. Without it u can't communicate with ur environment. i.e cold fit kill u; fire fit burn u die, e.t.c. But 4 me, I'd rather go with d eye cos I don't like being a burden 2 som1 else.
And thr's a lot one can miss out on without d eyes. Life's beautiful...
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Upsohigh: 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
I think i need to comment on the versatality of nairaland has it covered all aspects of human endeavours, without exageration, there is nothing you want that relates to needs and issues on human that have not been discussed,relevant or irrelevant but it depend on whose side the topic at a paticular time is is targeted because we have varied interest.only this night i justcheck my sister admission status after i already lost her jamb slip,i could trace her reg number through google by tyingjamb result my user name on nairaland,nairaland itself and before i know it, it displayed the may 3rd request i made to check the result on theplatform that was provided for jamb students and even the score that someone in the forum help me with that on that day.she has been given admission as i confirmed it now,what willit have been without nairaland if i couldnt find the slip. Thanks to you nairaland, you are really great

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Eyes
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by omiobo: 10:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Eyes is every important.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
So many people say eyes, but I'd rather feel the sun on my skin, wind in my hair, and lips of my lover than see all of those things. Touch.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by dmahn(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2013
İ ll rather choose to DİE dan to hav only one sense organ...İmagine Eye without sence of balancin,taste,touch,hearing...İ pity all dis eye chuser o....
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Zikdik(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Does not having a "sense of touch" imply that if one is being beaten, it won't hurt? If that's the case then good riddance...

As for taste, hmmm, i like the taste of my food very much but i think i like my sight more.
The sensation of pain is a negative feedback mechanism,in other words,it helps the body to inhibit its own action by curtailing the amount of damage done to the body by accidental or incidental injury.When you feel pain,you want it to stop abi?Na so the thing be.
Imagine life without the able to feel the smooth,milky skin of my Odunayo! embarassed
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Baddestguyp(m): 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
I think the O.P needs to rename this topic. Im sure he means "if we were to hav only one WORKING sense organ" @op, pls note this n change it. Its confusing sum peeps. Btw i would gladly choose my sight
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Nobody: 11:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
Excelboi: It has to be the nose cos without it you wont even live to use your eyes as you wont be able to breath. It has to be btw the eyes and the nose.
welL u can have your nose and still won't have the sense of smell.they two different things.u can breathe.but the olfactory lobe in the brain responsible for detecting smells will be dead.in which case u have ur nose but can't smell.I think that aptly describes the absence of that sensation
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
y-fo:

used to think that way....until my hand got hold of a naked wire while sleeping (blame my height)...
if not for our nerve senses, na roasting things for sleep be that grin
unclad wire?
Seun no go kill us grin

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by sholay2011(m): 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
Baddestguyp: I think the O.P needs to rename this topic. Im sure he means "if we were to hav only one WORKING sense organ" @op, pls note this n change it. Its confusing sum peeps. Btw i would gladly choose my sight
#Noted
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by prof800(m): 11:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
sholay2011: Waoh! I made frontpage. ..ope o! *Starts dancing to "end time" track* grin grin
*claps*
kpakpa...kpakpakpa...kpa..!
mo ba é yo ooo....

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by prof800(m): 11:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Baddestguyp: I think the O.P needs to rename this topic. Im sure he means "if we were to hav only one WORKING sense organ" @op, pls note this n change it. Its confusing sum peeps.
Yes ooo...
he confuse me die...
cos I first thought of having no skin, that means i'll be all bones...then having no nose na uglyness..
But I later got to know he actually meant having a skin but not working, having a nose but not working e.t.c
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by felipemadero(m): 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
kennosklint: na pennis oo
iti!!!..dat 1 na sense organ undecided
kennosklint: na pennis oo
iti!!!..dat 1 na sense organ
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by UyiIredia(m): 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
omonnakoda: I said "probably" indicating my uncertainty.that is MY VIEW anyway and you are certainly entitled to yours grin. Do you believe you are going to change my opinion. Why are Nigerians so arrogant.
Anyway if you don't have a sense of touch you wont live long cos you wont know when you are injured or when your body parts fall off.That is why lepers lose their fingers. They lose their sense of pain and injure their fingers toes serious without noticing so they won't withdraw when they touch something hot or get burnt and eventually those parts fall off.

One, this can be treated using only visual cues. Two, I know that lepers get around this by using clothes around their exposed parts and by conscientiously checking their bodies for injuries of any sort. Three, a person without touch can even lose his sense of touch in certain areas, particularly his pleasure spot if he touches the wrong organism, or in any possible scenario where touch can't alert him from disaster eg in the sea.
Re: If You Were To Have Only One Sense Organ Of The Five by lyfe(m): 1:17am On Sep 01, 2013
Excelboi: It has to be the nose cos without it you wont even live to use your eyes as you wont be able to breath. It has to be btw the eyes and the nose.

When talking about sense of organ, it means the physical part of our body we use in interpreting either smell, sound, touch, light or colours. Breathing is not sensing, eyes are not for crying. The ultimate function of nose is not really to breathe, at least in not in terms of sensing we can breathe through mouth and ears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Grand Nairaland (beach) Party / See The Full Nude Photos This Benin Girl Posted On Facebook / Lagos Is The Smallest State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.