Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? (39739 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends / Is It Normal For A Male Virgin To Have Wet Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:47pm On Jun 14, 2008
Greetings girls and guys,

I would just like to know, is it normal for a Nigerien men to call their girlfriend 'Mom'?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 14, 2008
lol i was thinking that too cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2008
yeah.my hubby calls me dat  cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:50pm On Jun 14, 2008
Beauteous,

Uhm. . . . Do you feel awkward? Cause its like he is caling his mother and does that mean good or teasing sarcastically?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2008
na its no big deal if they call their girlfriends mom,but i don't like it

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 1:54pm On Jun 14, 2008
its no big deal.

Mom

thats ackward.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2008
gabrywyl:

Beauteous,

Uhm. . . . Do you feel awkward? Cause its like he is caling his mother and does that mean good or teasing sarcastically?

girlfriend,i feel honored 4 him to call me "mum".babes,i love it.it kind of mks me feel safe wit him
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2008
Sometimes I feel that when he calls me mom, its like I have to do his laundry and house chores although he does the laundry and house chores but I just feel like it when he calls me that.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2008
like i said its no big deal,some women even call their lovers/husbands dad but my gawwwd i hate it , what happened to all those sweet names huh wink as for me any man that calls me mum will receive a knock on his head cool

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2008
@ gabr---dnt get u.u feel he wants u to do his laundry when he cals u mom?

wel dnt knw of oda bt when ma hubby calls me mum,
he means alotta wit it nd i alwaz do understand
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2008
jennykadry:

like i said its no big deal,some women even calls their lovers/husbands dad but my gawwwd i hate it , what happened to all those sweet names huh wink as for me any man that calls me mum will receive a knock on his head cool
roflmao jenny u will kill me cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14, 2008
@jennykadry, beauteous, gabr,

So what you ladies are saying is that you don't feel safe whenever your guy calls u mum, or you feel he wants you to do the laundry and chores.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2008
No Beauteous,
Cause in Malaysia, every mothers would do chores and laundry for their sons. Its a natural thing. My boyfriend does not ask me to do anything, its just that when he calls me mom, it reminded me of doing chores.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2008
it sounds weird  lipsrsealed

what do they call their own mothers then? tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2008
I was just wondering when guys calls their girlfriend mom, do they actually meant well? And when they say it, did their girlfriend reminded them of their mom? If so, that would be odd dont you think?
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2008
gabrywyl:

No Beauteous,
Cause in Malaysia, every mothers would do chores and laundry for their sons. Its a natural thing.

Really, thats very very bad.

gabrywyl:

My boyfriend does not ask me to do anything, its just that when he calls me mom, it reminded me of doing chores.

then tell him to stop calling you.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2008
@tngtech

even wtout calling me mum i still do his laundry

all im saying is dat i wont allow my hubby call me mother oh i mean mum,if he tries it,he will receive a kick on his bombom cool
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2008
gabrywyl:

No Beauteous,
Cause in Malaysia, every mothers would do chores and laundry for their sons. Its a natural thing. My boyfriend does not ask me to do anything, its just that when he calls me mom, it reminded me of doing chores.
stop havin dat feelin nd enjoy him cal u dat.frm my view,i think only a man who is serious wit u wil cal u dat.

like i said,my hubby calls me mum nd i love it.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2008
tngtech---may  i knw wats bad in gabr's statment(when she said in malaysia,every mother do house chores nd take care of deir kids)
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2008
beauteous:

stop havin that feelin nd enjoy him cal u that.frm my view,i think only a man who is serious wit u wil cal u that.

like i said,my hubby calls me mum nd i love it.

I now understand. So you are telling me now that you husband (cuz i know you are married) doesn't call you mum.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2008
tngtech,
Well I did and had been telling him to stop but he says that its normal in Nigeria and that he likes calling me that. Come to think of it, I think he should be my mother. . .  undecided He cooks, he cleans, he do laundry, he do house chores. . .  He'll be like the perfect mom.

Jenny,
HAHAHA! grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2008
beauteous:

tngtech---may i knw wats bad in gabr's statment(when she said in malaysia,every mother do house chores nd take care of deir kids)

Yes its wrong for a mother to do house chores for their children that are up to the age of doing it themselves.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2008
tngtech:

I now understand. So you are telling me now that you husband (because i know you are married) doesn't call you mum.

read ma statment well.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2008
gabrywyl:

Come to think of it, I think he should be my mother. . .  undecided He cooks, he cleans, he do laundry, he do house chores. . .  He'll be like the perfect mom.

and what is your duty in the house.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2008
tngtech:

Yes its wrong for a mother to do house chores for their children that are up to the age of doing it themselves.
she did nt say if it includes d grown kids.bsides a child wil alwaz b a child in d sight of deir mum.wats wrong wit mumsi helpin u out wit one tin or d oda at tyms
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by onyinye2(f): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2008
my bf calls me ma
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2008
Yes tngtech,
I agree with you thats why todays generation, most of us are spoilt and cant really do the housork except me  grin My mom is a Tiger and my dad will leave us to rot untill the day we can stand our own feet but the normal average parents here would usually hire a maid to do house chores or usually the mother woul do for the sons and the father would do for the daughters. Thats very normal.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tngtech(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2008
beauteous:

read ma statment well.

sorry, wasnt' really talking to you.

@Jennykadry

So you are telling me now that you husband (because i know you are married) doesn't call you mum.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by uspry1(f): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2008
Not only Nigerian men call their girlfriends "MOM". American men do the same thing calling their gf "MOM".

NO BIG DEAL! NO BIG DEAL! grin

Which mean a single mother with children at age 35-55 that most men would not marry them, instead of using them as gfs as soon as they can dump them for younger childless/never married/single girls to get married.

That is what it is!

I accustomed receiving men call me "mom" because I have children plus single mother plus older than those men in 10 years apart!!!

Good luck!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by beauteous(f): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2008
@ tngtech But u quoted me. cheesy smart my foot!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2008
@Jennykadry

So you are telling me now that you husband (because i know you are married) doesn't call you mum.

na wa for u ooo haba,u no read my reply,i said any man dat calls me mum will receive a kick in his bombom and i wont stop kicking until d ass goes flat,im sure my hubby knows dis so he wouldnt dare call me mum for fear of a flat ass cool
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by mellow(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2008
Women!!!! So hard to please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Refused To Take A Picture With Me / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest RELOADED {nomination & Verification Thread} / Man Set To Wed Fiancee After Wedding Was Delayed 7 Years Ago Over Accident. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.