Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? (39902 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / 10 Things Most Guys Do When Expecting Their Girlfriends / Is It Normal For A Male Virgin To Have Wet Dreams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by jewelking(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2008
i cant even remember the last time i called her by her name, most of the time i call her "IYA" sometimes i say "madam" cos i no want wahala o grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Builder: 3:08am On Jun 19, 2008
Maybe your breast milk reminds him of his mums. especially when sucking it
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by ievbuomw(f): 8:26am On Jun 19, 2008
My dad calls my mom that
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by yinkaoke(f): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2008
hoping to get a new own soon so that I can call her mum
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by yinkaoke(f): 9:12am On Jun 19, 2008
praying to get a new one soon so that I can begin to call her Mummy if that will make her submit
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by ken82(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2008
its no big deal
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Echidime(m): 3:46pm On Jun 19, 2008
There is nothing I won't hear on this forum
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by chy92(f): 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2008
Well, there's actually no big deal with guys calling their gf's mum but i don't like it. It makes me feel kinda old.Like an old woman or smtin even if his mother is a very young and beautiful woman. I think i prefer the normal endearments to 'MOM'. It's sorta strange. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by MyAfriplac: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2008
The only reason for a man to call a girlfriend Mom is if she either reminds him of His Mom or he needs to be taken care of

www.myafriplace.com
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by dodoro(m): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2008
when you call ur gal mom what den do u call ur mother, ? dats old fashion, look for sumtin more sexy, like a nick name or sumtin.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tabakyl: 4:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
it is not proper.
if u want ur mum, go meet ur mum.
y confusing both of us? and moreover it is just too archaic and outdated.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by cuteonyii(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2008
there is nothing wrong about that. If a guy can call her girl friend baby (as if she is his child ) a guy can as well call her girl Mum as if she is his mother. it all depends on feelings.
when i call her mum, it flows from the deepest side of my heart.
and she loves it, kiss
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tabakyl: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2008
its obvious dat one man's meat is indeed another man's poison.
i can never come in terms with the fact of my bf calling me ''mummy'' it sure does;nt make sense to me, even wen it comes from the deepest of the deepest part of his heart.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tabakyl: 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2008
u guys can do better than ''BABY'' and ''MUMMY''. the both of them does'nt make sense either.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by cuteonyii(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2008
it all depends on where your coming from. Name is cultural.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tabakyl: 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
where i'm coming from is that my boyfriend should not call me ''baby or mummy'' if its not my birth given name . there are a thousand and one pet names u can actually call your loved one. You  can be more creative ,unique and realistic with names instead of using a name that passes down from generation to generation.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by stannesi(m): 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2008
Mom ko, ma le' ni
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by DualCore1: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2008
Mom? yayz!! i dont see tht working for me. . .
but hey! if calling her "mom" takes your dearie to the 9th cloud, please "mom" her all the way up!
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by cuteonyii(m): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2008
is just a question of understanding. a guy can call u sweetheart or honey while right inside her you are not all that to him,. what is the need?,
I love my mother so much and i try to equate the love i have for her to my girl. simple.
your guy can call you moon or Jupiter depending on what he feels like.
calling her mom doesn't mean I cant call her any other sweet and romantic names if I want to.
Love has been an old language so mom and baby cant be sidelined as being old when love issue is involved.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by matured(m): 6:16pm On Jun 21, 2008
nice one cuteonyii,
I don't see anything wrong in it.When u call ur girlfriend mum or mama it means he is trying to make u feel special but where there will problem is when he just say it witout showing it.
I prefer calling my girlfriend mum or mama and she appreciates it.its not making her old or making her feel like my mum but making her know i respect and cherish her and that she is special to u just as u appreciate your own mum.
so think about it.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2008
like i said earlier there is nothing wrong with it,but i dont like it,and i'll say it again and again and again dat any man dat calls me mum will receive d hardest knock on his head
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by shens2006(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
hmm are u sure?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 21, 2008
im not sure,but i know im very sure
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by tunstj(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2008
i think it is not right cos itmakes the woman feel old,
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by bastrin(f): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2008
if you call ur girlfriend mom then somehow somewhere u'll start acting like a boy.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 2:16pm On Jun 22, 2008
Thanks guys for your feedback. Well, of course he does not just call me mom. He calls me Baby, Gabry Baby, Angel, My Queen, African Queen, Mam as in Madam, Teddy Bear, Stubby as in Stubborn and etc etc etc. But I think the most is mom espeacially when I gave him an advise or telling him to do something. Guess maybe he is just teasing me I guess but I'm sure when he uses that word, I wil surely call him Grandpa or Old Man.
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by slia(f): 11:55pm On Jun 22, 2008
mom mean respect in africa.call me mom even one a week makes feel that i'm in a good in position of life.baby,sweetheart not bad. Nigerian men it's normal what ur doing,keep on calling them mom.Not big deal as u said cheesy
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by oge4real(f): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2008
I just don't like the sound of that at all! embarassed embarassed
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by alexleo(m): 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2008
Look Babes in the house. When your man calls you mum you shouldnt feel bad. Infact in the real sense of it, that is when you have truly arrived in the man's heart. You know men love their mum so much and cannot give thier mum in exchange for another mother. So when he loves you to an extent of calling you mum, then it means you have come to stay in his heart. And just like he cant exchange his mother for another mother, he cant also exchange you for another woman. There is nothing to feel bad about it pls.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by Gabry(f): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2008
alexleo:

Look Babes in the house. When your man calls you mum you shouldnt feel bad. Infact in the real sense of it, that is when you have truly arrived in the man's heart. You know men love their mum so much and cannot give their mum in exchange for another mother. So when he loves you to an extent of calling you mum, then it means you have come to stay in his heart. And just like he can't exchange his mother for another mother, he can't also exchange you for another woman. There is nothing to feel bad about it please.

Wow! Really? shocked smiley
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by origina9ja(f): 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2008
mom waitin
na mi bi da guy mama
so waitin ma children go call me granmama
lol its just dnt sound right however somw woman likes it
again eewww
Re: Is It Normal For Nigerian Men To Call Their Girlfriends "Mom"? by origina9ja(f): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2008
Maybe your breast milk reminds him of his mums. especially when sucking it

lol dere should be a biit of difference nowww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Should I Worry About Her Size? / Birthday Gift That A Guy Would Really Appreciate / Lady Threatens To Leak Man's Nude Pics Because His Condom Burst During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.