Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Five Apology Languages - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Apology Languages (1124 Views)

20 Body Languages That Mean He’s Into You / My Apology Letter To My Man / An Apology Letter From Men To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Apology Languages by cecegorgeous(f): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
Apology they say is more than words.There will always be offenses and always will apology,if there must be reconciliation.
The languages are
1. Expressing regrets
There are several ways people apologize and also how they understand the apology.In a relationship where there are different individuals and backgrounds,apology will be understood by the dimension of expressing regrets lik'i am sorry'.Even if you buy them a car its only a palliative measure.If there must be reconcilition,study how your partner accept apology.
Acknowledge your wrong doings and give details of how you it has affected the other person like when you sent a message which says the person is just 'a clumsy clumsy form clumsy person'at that moment just say how sorry you are.
If you don't know how to say am sorry watch cartoons and you will see how am sorry just come out of their mouths like it really does matters to them if they don't say it.Your saying 'i am sorry' doesn't dismasculize or disfeminize you,but it is the show of strength.
Many relationships have been in ruins today because none of the partners wants to say'sorry'.
2. Accepting responsibility
To this person saying 'am sorry' its not just enough but rather take responsibility of your actions otherwise your apology will be insincere.Maturity is being responsible.
Nigerua is where it is because most of our leaders comes from irresponsible homes.why go into a relationship when you can't take responsibility.what you don't stop now the arguments,fight,will definitely stop you if you don't take actions.
3. Making restitution
Replace things that were taken away when he or she must have said 'i will make it up to you'.If it is the communication let it commence immediately. For this people apology is understood by actions. There must be works to match up with words.
4. Practical change
This people wants to hear'i will never do it again' before the apology will be accepted. There must be visible signs to show the changes.
5. Requesting forgiveness
There is a difference in saying 'am sorry' and asking 'am i forgiven'. Ask for forgiveness and wait to hear response before you conclude that you are forgiven.
In summary, a proper apology should include:
a. A detailed account of the situation.
b. Acknowledgement of the hurt of damage done.
c. Taking responsibility for the situation.
d. Recognisation of your role which lead to the offense.
e. Make amends and let everything go back to how they have been.
There are power and benefits in apology,start it now.
Re: Five Apology Languages by Adanyebe(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
wtf
Re: Five Apology Languages by pxjosh(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2013
Am sorry
Re: Five Apology Languages by mumumugu(m): 8:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
Copy and paste without paragraphing is a sin
Re: Five Apology Languages by prettycentia(f): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2013
@ op, no offense but as a woman, i think we av advantage over the male folks lyk using ur body language (for instance after a huge fight, after u take ur shower b4 comming out make sure ur dude is in d room bt nt on d bed then come out frm d bathroom wit somtin 'hot' then lay side backing him esp wen ur blessed wit figure 8 n watch how the magic work. He will even 4get dat u owe him an apology but will kip apologizing) u will thank me later wink
Re: Five Apology Languages by cecegorgeous(f): 1:08am On Sep 04, 2013
prettycentia: @ op, no offense but as a woman, i think we av advantage over the male folks lyk using ur body language (for instance after a huge fight, after u take ur shower b4 comming out make sure ur dude is in d room bt nt on d bed then come out frm d bathroom wit somtin 'hot' then lay side backing him esp wen ur blessed wit figure 8 n watch how the magic work. He will even 4get dat u owe him an apology but will kip apologizing) u will thank me later wink
tanx much
Re: Five Apology Languages by davidif: 12:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
prettycentia:
@ op, no offense but as a woman, i think we av advantage over the male folks lyk using ur body language (for instance after a huge fight, after u take ur shower b4 comming out make sure ur dude is in d room bt nt on d bed then come out frm d bathroom wit somtin 'hot' then lay side backing him esp wen ur blessed wit figure 8 n watch how the magic work. He will even 4get dat u owe him an apology but will kip apologizing) u will thank me later wink

You are wrong! Sex is not an apology. Thats just being manipulative on your part. This is probably why some marriages cry face tough times because neither one of the parties is to proud to apologize to the other. They just think that seduction and make up sex would cover it up. Well guess what? Its love that covers peoples faults and transgressions and not physical attraction.

So seduction is not the same as true and genuine love. True love is not proud and it is humble enough to admit when it is wrong and apologizes for it. It takes responsibility instead of deflecting it.
Re: Five Apology Languages by davidif: 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
cecegorgeous:
tanx much

She is wrong you know? Sex is not an apology and it should not be used as a weapon neither should it replace remorse and apology. Thats just being manipulative and this is probably why some marriages face tough times, because both parties are too proud to apologize to the other. They just think that seduction and make up sex would do it and that's just wrong because it doesn't always bring a resolution and it solve the issue properly it just ignores and puts a band aid on it. For there to be true reconciliation both parties have to be able to apologize and come to a resolution and make up sex no matter how enjoyable is not always effective , it's just pushing the problem down the road because both parties are not able to face it head on.

Sorry but seduction is not the same as true and genuine love. True love is humble enough to admit when it is wrong and apologizes for it. It takes responsibility instead of deflecting it.

1 Like

Re: Five Apology Languages by davidif: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2017
Lalasticla, mynd44 and Seun this is a good topic for valentines day.

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Deola Wants To Dump His Gf For 500,000 Thousand Naira / How To Ask A Girl Out / Sexy Dwarf! (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.