Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive (5328 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men So Agressive? / The Reason Why Naija Girls Are Rude! / Hurt Feelings And A Passive Agressive Man Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 10:00am On Jun 16, 2008
I've overheard foreign women here in America claim that Nigerian brothers are very rude and aggressive. The aggression they show in their careers can also be seen in their love lives. These women complain that they hound 'em and persist even when they tell them to back off and they always back off with some form of aggression and utter display of foul behavior.

[b]Ladies: [/b]have you noticed these trends in Nigerian men?

[b]Gents: [/b]Are these women making these stories up or have you also noticed that your fellow brothers can be very rude and aggressive to women?
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by sylvao2000(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2008
Not all 9ja men ok, just like some men the State.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2008
ITS wrong to generalize.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 10:53am On Jun 16, 2008
they use 419 in their love lives as well?
What do you use for your own Mr Loverboy?
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2008
witchcraft
So you use witchcraft on those ashawos you carry about town? Who taught you romance 101? You don't have to go that far to nail an ashawo.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2008
Well since my sisters are evil women I started looking for sister figures in prostitutes, which worked out awesome
Keep it up and I hope you dont get knifed by a transexual someday. Stay of Belgian whores because most of them are male transexuals unless you swing both ways. Do you swing both ways, playa?
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Cayon(f): 2:04am On Jul 02, 2008
@poster

Thanks for the heads up
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by iice(f): 4:29am On Jul 02, 2008
True. I wouldn't say rude but definitely aggressive and dense.
Same can be said about the women
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Uche2nna(m): 4:30am On Jul 02, 2008
@ iice

U dey crase!!!!

Is dat aggressive enuff for U grin
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by iice(f): 4:39am On Jul 02, 2008
Uche grin grin am sure you can do better tongue
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by AnthonyKil(m): 5:51am On Jul 02, 2008
So you ladies should stick to da White Guys grin
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by NegroNtns(m): 7:58am On Jul 03, 2008
RHC,

, and your point is
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by TS3: 8:11am On Jul 03, 2008
when are we gonna quit the issue of generalization? so what if majority are aggressive or rude, does this call for a general labeling of all?
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by francessby(f): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2008
It is better for him to show you what he is than to pretend, so make your choice
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by shuppie(f): 4:19pm On Jul 03, 2008
francessby:

It is better for him to show you what he is than to pretend, so make your choice

exactly,
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by beauteous(f): 4:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
There'z a prob of generalisation hia.
Not all re rude.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2008
beauteous:

There'z a prob of generalisation hia.
Not all re rude.
thankyou jare
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by kokoye(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2008
The reason is that back while growing up in Nigeria, most guys got used to ladies saying 'NO' even though their actions show 'YES'.  

Most naija girls back then would not succumb to sex until they have been roughened up a li'l bit ( just to make it seem like they were forced into it ) even though they really want to do it.

The situation is different here and now , yes mean yes and no means no.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by shuppie(f): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2008
my male family members are not rude nor aggressive, neither is my hubby, wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by ribadulora(f): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2008
@iice

yea definitly TRUE!!
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by shuppie(f): 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2008
iice:

Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Radiant(f): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hotfunmi, I'm not sure why you started this topic undecided You over heard a bunch of women talking about how aggressive and what not Nigerian men are? So? You never knew most Nigerians including men and women are terribly aggressive and ill mannered? We bash ourselves everyday and you think people don't see?

I see this topic as just seeking attention. Absolutely unnecessary.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by CH3COO(m): 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2008
Most of Funmi's topics are a waste, but at least they give us something to vent about.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by SENATORJD(m): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2008
all American fathers are rapist (Oprah Winfrey)
seing such a topic does it make sense at all?
I detest Generalizations
am a Nigerian man,am not rude and not aggresive
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2008
Hotfunmi, I'm not sure why you started this topic Undecided You over heard a bunch of women talking about how aggressive and what not Nigerian men are? So? You never knew most Nigerians including men and women are terribly aggressive and ill mannered? We bash ourselves everyday and you think people don't see?

I see this topic as just seeking attention. Absolutely unnecessary.
If you are ill mannered, that doesn't mean we should all be painted likewise.

Refer to comments below from fellow Nigerians:

By Shuppie,
my male family members are not rude nor aggressive, neither is my hubby,

By Senator JD
I detest Generalizations
am a Nigerian man,am not rude and not aggresive
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2008
Most of Funmi's topics are a waste, but at least they give us something to vent about.
So you vent aimlessly? You need a job.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2008
The reason is that back while growing up in Nigeria, most guys got used to ladies saying 'NO' even though their actions show 'YES'.

Most naija girls back then would not succumb to sex until they have been roughened up a li'l bit ( just to make it seem like they were forced into it Huh) even though they really want to do it.

The situation is different here and now , yes mean yes and no means no.
This makes a lot of sense. What do you then suggest, educate the ones that are culprits the way it woks here? What of those Nigerian men that have stayed here for ages but are yet to drop that persistent culture?

And Nigerian chics nko? Will you persist on a Nigerian chic that passed on your invitation because she's Nigerian even though you don't generally do that?

Personally, I've noticed that most Nigerian chics in the diaspora are very secretive and anal . They easily look down on people especially African Americans because they either have more money or more degrees. They quickly judge them without knowing what they've gone through and i think it's a bad habit most of our our women should work on. It's unacceptable to put people down because you perceive they are on a lower league than yours. Nigerian guys rarely do that except those that has been schooled at their "wifeys follow follow wrapper college" Education is a privilege and not a right.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by noetic(m): 7:42pm On Jul 03, 2008
@ post

I tink rudeness is synonymous to grls especially nigerian grls. . . .very loud n rude
men can b aggressive, but its a rare thing. aggression can also b good, depending on where it is directed to.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Radiant(f): 7:46pm On Jul 03, 2008
RedHotChic:

If you are ill mannered, that doesn't mean we should all be painted likewise.

Refer to comments below from fellow Nigerians:

I didn't say all Nigerians. I said most of them. Your topic is still pointless, anyway.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by RedHotChic(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2008
I didn't say all Nigerians. I said most of them. Your topic is still pointless, anyway.
Then it's pointless for you to hang out here. As you can see above, not everybody believes it's pointless so why are you trying to be egocentric with all those "my willl must be done in Nairaland" attitude? Is your ignore button disabled?
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by Radiant(f): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2008
LOL what bloody ass "my will must be done"? Babe, get your facts straight and hell admit this topic is simply vain.
Re: Nigerian Men Are Rude And Agressive by shuppie(f): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2008
ladies, take it easy ok, grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3)

My Girlfriend Is Nice To Me,i Love Her But Im Beginning To See Us Nt Compatible. / .... / Woman With The Biggest pussy In The World (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.