Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? (22113 Views)

Sending Executable Files Through Gmail / Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Niiade(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2013
Seriously if u aint using gmail, I don't understand what you doing. Yahoomail is way too slow and restrictive.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by saintneo(m): 11:44am On Sep 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
I have used other mails on outlook but not yahoo.
Nevertheless, gmail works on outlook as well as the Microsoft services, etc. the only way to use yahoo on outlook is by upgrading to the paid version of yahoomail which i believe is a no-go-area.

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by DCTrendy(m): 11:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Rolling around with Yahoo mail at this age is like using a nitel land land in 2013!

Gmail is exceptional!

1 Like

Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2013
Google's gmail! For almost 5+years now. It gives the flexibility that I need around the internet. From drive, to gmail, to plus, to map, to books, to apps, to calendar and bunch of other stuff.!

Besides Google pays my school fee, arrange interns and vacations for me, to hell with Yahoo and whoever created it!!!
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by princeonx: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2013
None will stop yahoo yahoo boys from sending you scam mail.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Realdon1(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2013
jerryice: GMAIL OOOOooOOOOOOooOOooOoOo grin
true. Gmail never disapointed me. S d best in every device u use. It gves me joy when im downloading
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by aywhy93(m): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2013
Yahoo sucks..
Gmail rocks...
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 07, 2013
Billyonaire: None. Basically business domain names.
Google handles that for me too!!! Through their Google apps.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by DonaldGenes(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2013
#†ℯå๓ ץåђℴℴ๓åîℓ# Дℓℓ†ђℯฬåץ.cℴ๓
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nedlog(m): 11:59am On Sep 07, 2013
Anuoluwap: Talking of effectiveness, services offered, appearance, layout and other factors. No doubt, they are both good but which one do you prefer?
gmail is nt so completed as yahoomail..,i go for G
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
Youngzedd: Yahoo Bleep£d up my two important accounts.

Gmail is more secure, easy and customization.

Gmail all the way...................

To hell with YAHOO
Wrong. Gmail is not secure. Google scans your private messages and uses the content for targeted ads. They also have Alliance with NSA under the PRISM programme of NSA. The entire Xkeystroke program is maximally used on gmail then yahoo.

Billyonaire uses only business domain names and my only public email is yahoo tied to nairaland. I dont use it for anything else.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail ofcrz... Yahoo is slow, boring, and has log-in problems almost evrrytym..
My ranking:
1) Gmail
2) Outlook.com
3) Hotmail (thtz if uve not switched to outlook)
4) Yahoo PREMIUM (this is were it's never slow)
5) Your organization's email (face it, It's a bit secure)

WORST EMAIL PROVIDERS:
1) AOL (it has ZERO security)
2) Operamail (80% of the time the emails u compose&send goes to the recipient's spam/junk mail)
3) Yahoo Free account.
4) Facebook (never a good idea to use ur Facebook builtin email Addy, too restrictive not enough features for a worthwhile experience)
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by bknight: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail is a covert spy engine undecided
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by NET1(m): 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Do people still use Yahoo?

.NET
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Mustymohd2: 12:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
gmail na babe and edey kakaraka
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Mustymohd2: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
gmail na baba and edey kakaraka
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by kaze4blues(m): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail all the way
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by eddyland: 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
Yahoo in the past, but now Gmail all the way
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by nies4u(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2013
nokia keypad nd samsung keypad are they the same, for me i prefer yahoo it easy to operate due i used both but i think it yahoo all the way
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Delejumi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
I can't beleive it that people are still using yahoo. Gmail is always the best email service.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by jideroland(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
I love Gmail.
I have come to hate yahoo and it led me to delete my account with them even tough I've had it since primary 6.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Olumidzti(m): 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail coz it's easier to use on mobile phone and also offer you basic HTML option on desktop if your service is bad. Yahoo? I don't think so..
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by ignis: 12:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
I prefer Gmail cos its faster and it open on various devices unlike yqhoomail.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Youem: 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail is the best. In fact I don't give it to any useless site but I can give my yahoo mail to anybody.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Willzkid(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
I have not been able to log into yahoomail on my pc for almost a year now....always bringing up one captcha crap
Thank God for Gmail
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by Uchexxy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail all d way
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by UjSizzle(f): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Both of you are saying the same thing. Spams will always come but it now depends how the spam is handled by the Email provider.
Spam goes to the spam folder for both Ymail n Gmail. I guess the difference is what they each consider to be spam undecided.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by spade: 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
@OP, are you serious?

OBVIOUSLY GMail!
Cleaner interface, streamlined style, tight protection.

Unlike YahooMail that easily gets hacked, easily gets bypassed, and targets your mailbox with ENDLESS spam and ads!
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gmail. Yahoo mail is contaminated!
I started with Yahoo mail but now use Gmail often. Why?
* Yahoo no fit help me treat my spam box. Every new message na onto spam, spam & ssperm!
I kom vex tire tilla abandom dem.
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by dimdim001(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Y! Mail is effed up!!! Everytime it keeps telling to re-validate your password (or somthing like that, can't remember the exact words)
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by sylve11: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Eyah! yahoo, is this hw u r gonna r.i.p? sad sad cool
Re: Gmail or Yahoo Mail: Which Do You Prefer? by amAZEing: 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
feature phones, smartphones and desktop, GMAIL is the best..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / See Ways To Prepare For Windows 10 Upgrade / What Laptop Type And Specs Would Be Suitable For This Purpose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.