Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 (63985 Views)

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme / Standard Chartered Bank 2016 International Graduate Programme In Nigeria / Standard Chartered Bank(2015 International Graduate Programme) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crowntoro(f): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric:

Na so oo..they sent a rejection mail to my sis even with her 1st class, msc in finance, scholarship and bla bla upon sey she pass the test.
I heard there's a software that just scans and deletes as many application as possible..An HR personnel friend told me..SO only God know
God will see us tru in our job hunting cos i was also sent a rejection mail despite the fact that i had 2.1
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by biggerboys(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
omo,this is getting serious oh.may God help us all......as I await d review of my application.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 3:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric:

Na so oo..they sent a rejection mail to my sis even with her 1st class, msc in finance, scholarship and bla bla upon sey she pass the test.
I heard there's a software that just scans and deletes as many application as possible..An HR personnel friend told me..SO only God know

please how long was it after your sis did the test and submitted her application that your sister got the rejection mail?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
crustypearl:

please how long was it after your sis did the test and submitted her application that your sister got the rejection mail?

Applied on friday got d rejection mail on sunday morning...it looks like they just randomly deleted..Only God knows
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
crowntoro: God will see us tru in our job hunting cos i was also sent a rejection mail despite the fact that i had 2.1

Only God knws for them..but God would continually see us through in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2013
hmmm. It is well o. we will all make it IJN
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kayce19: 5:44pm On Sep 17, 2013
Julieccentric:

Only God knws for them..but God would continually see us through in Jesus name.
How did you know she pass the test? Getting the link to upload ur cv after d test doesn't equate to passing it. If u pass the test, after uploading ur cv. U shud get the link to the next stag(personality assessment) in few minutes to an hr..
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by biggerboys(m): 6:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
U people should not scare me oh.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2013
For those who are yet to do the test:

Its in 2 parts Abstract and Numerical
Both consist of 8?s each with 4?s to 1?
ie 32?s each, = 64?z in all.

The abstract is timed 2mins for each ? Meaning 30secs per ? And as soon as d 2mins is complete weda u hv answered all d 4?s in d ? Or nt, d system automatically saves n moves to d next 4?s.

The numerical is 3mins for each 4?s ie 45secs for each ?.
D time pattern applies.

When ur done with d test it uploads, n wen u hv network issues u can exit wtout d upload. U can upload ur score wen d network is good, but u hv to use d same system cos ur score has bn saved on dat system.

All d best.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2013
Pls guys what's d age limit for dis job, a friend of mine wud like to apply and he's already 30.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 11:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
kayce19:
How did you know she pass the test? Getting the link to upload ur cv after d test doesn't equate to passing it. If u pass the test, after uploading ur cv. U shud get the link to the next stag(personality assessment) in few minutes to an hr..
Pls does the personality test apply for the HR graduate program? I got a mail saying that my app is still under review, what are the chances?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kayce19: 7:24am On Sep 18, 2013
crustypearl:
Pls does the personality test apply for the HR graduate program? I got a mail saying that my app is still under review, what are the chances?
Well from what av seen so far. Two of my friends that applied for HR receive the same kind of mail that there application is under review, so be hopeful and be praying..
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by FirstPrinciple(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2013
i guess its safe to say that all HR applicants are still under review.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by davide470(m): 9:45am On Sep 18, 2013
hmmm.. My 7th day and i just did the test, under 45 mins, uploaded my CV and filled those other jargons... Waiting patiently for any kind of mail to knw my fate..
Applied for Coverage and Corporate finance, with an engineering degree (Na wa o)
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by ktqueeny: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2013
[quote author=crustypearl]
Pls does the personality test apply for the HR graduate program? I got a mail saying that my app is still under review, what are the chances?[/quote

]crustypearl, wen did u get the mail. was it immediately after you uploaded ur CV??
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2013
Thank you for applying to Nigeria - Consumer
Bank International Graduate Programme with
Standard Chartered.

We regret to inform you that your application
has not been successful on this occasion.
Your details will be kept on file for review
against your programme preferences and
should we require further assessment or
information we will be in touch.

Thank you for your interest in Standard
Chartered and we wish you every success for
the future.

Kind regards
Standard Chartered
Talent Acquisition Team

a friend of mine with first class forward this mail to me after he uploaded his cv and submit his application 2 days later.

if you carefully analyse that message you will discover that his application was pend on the ground understand only by SC recruitment team. not because he fail the test and not because he has 2;2
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2013
kennytidistar: Thank you for applying to Nigeria - Consumer
Standard Chartered.

the future.

Kind regards
Standard Chartered
Talent Acquisition Team

a friend of mine with first class forward this mail to me after he uploaded his cv and submit his application 2 days later.

if you carefully analyse that message you will discover that his application was pend on the ground understand only by SC recruitment team. not because he fail the test and not because he has 2;2
What gives u the impression ur friend passed d test, when u cannot actually confirm d test score and d required cutoff score.
SC Recruitment Team cannot and will not deliberately pend any application, so long ur successful at different stages of the recruitment process, ur sure to be part of SC workforce in time.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
I think davido use to be a musician if I'm not mistaken? and I won't take it as an offence if you don't understand the message above, If you didn't pass the test you will not be allow to continue with your application. this type of test is usually refer to as wonderlic test, this is not because I want to ague with you but this is what I know. wonderlic test never show the result of your test it automatically save it and forward to the sponsored institution. please don't ague this is what I know and use to.

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Plutarch: 1:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
kennytidistar: I think davido use to be a musician if I'm not mistaken? and I won't take it as an offence if you don't understand the message above, If you didn't pass the test you will not be allow to continue with your application. this type of test is usually refer to as wonderlic test, this is not because I want to ague with you but this is what I know. wonderlic test never show the result of your test it automatically save it and forward to the sponsored institution. please don't ague this is what I know and use to.

Chairman,i am not saying that you are wrong but have you heard about anybody in this SCB recruitment who wrote the test but was not allowed to continue with the application? To the best of my knowledge everybody that wrote the test continued with the online application. I strongly believe that those people that were later sent "regret" mail did not meet the cut-off for the test.
You can read the copy of the mail for the online test below again and check the highlighted area properly

Dear ****

Thank you for registering with Standard Chartered.

We have received your application for the position of Nigeria - Coverage & Corporate Finance International Graduate Programme-1300009B.

The first step in the application process is to complete a series of online assessments which will take you approximately one hour to complete. After which you will be asked to upload your resume, provide basic contact information and details on your background and experiences.

Throughout your application with us you can track your progress through View My Submissions via the My Job page by clicking here. You will receive an email shortly with the link to complete your online assessments, if you haven't received this your My Job page has the full history of email communications for your access at any time.

We wish you the best of luck with your application.

Kind regards

Standard Chartered
Talent Acquisition Team
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2013
kennytidistar: I think davido use to be a musician if I'm not mistaken? and I won't take it as an offence if you don't understand the message above, If you didn't pass the test you will not be allow to continue with your application. this type of test is usually refer to as wonderlic test, this is not because I want to ague with you but this is what I know. wonderlic test never show the result of your test it automatically save it and forward to the sponsored institution. please don't ague this is what I know and use to.

Just ignore the confused singer, I did several research before commenting on this thread..and I got to know that ir's after you suceede in the test that a link would be sent to you for further processing.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by bunlizlaw(f): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
crustypearl:
Pls how soon did you get the link for the personality test after uploading your documents?Was it immediately or few days later?Kindly reply
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by emiye(m): 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
David0:
What gives u the impression ur friend passed d test, when u cannot actually confirm d test score and d required cutoff score.
SC Recruitment Team cannot and will not deliberately pend any application, so long ur successful at different stages of the recruitment process, ur sure to be part of SC workforce in time.

You are right, as long as no one knows his/her score and the cut-off score, you can not be sure you passed the test.
Having a first class is not a guarantee that you will meet the required cut-off score.

Nevertheless, after going though your application info, SCB might still reject applications based on other reasons known to them, even when the candidate meets the required cut-off score

1 Like

Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by bunlizlaw(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Julieccentric:

Just ignore the confused singer, I did several research before commenting on this thread..and I got to know that ir's after you suceede in the test that a link would be sent to you for further processing.
Pls is it true that one must use the same system for the test and uploading of documents?I used different systems and I'm yet to get any response after submitting my details 2 days after.Ur kind reponse will be appreciated.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
[quote author=ktqueeny][/quote]
Got the mail 12:25am the next morning o.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by David0(m): 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
emiye:

You are right, as long as no one knows his/her score and the cut-off score, you can not be sure you passed the test.
Having a first class is not a guarantee that you will meet the required cut-off score.

Nevertheless, after going though your application info, SCB might still reject applications based on other reasons known to them, even when the candidate meets the required cut-off score

Ur on point, I personally believe the info provided during cv upload kud be the reason some people were rejected. I hvnt done dat stage though so cant really tell wat is required.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
b4 u do d personality test,dis is part of d mail u get

We have reviewed your application, abstract and numerical aptitude assessment results and are pleased to invite you to complete the online Work Strengths questionnaire, the final online assessment of your application.

so both ur docs nd test scores r taking into cognizance...now can we pls end d quarel?
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by deturla: 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2013
crustypearl:
Got the mail 12:25am the next morning o.

read the guy's comment again, are u sure u v gotten d link for the peronality test>>>>.just asking lipsrsealed
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by kennytidistar(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ashmark: Ve Done The Test and Ve Received Mail That I Can't Go Further With The Application....Cool, but the test hard die....

Yes @ Plutarch . the person above couldn't continue because he f*** the test, what else do you have to say sir/ma.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crowntoro(f): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
kennytidistar: Thank you for applying to Nigeria - Consumer
Standard Chartered.

the future.

Kind regards
Standard Chartered
Talent Acquisition Team

exactly d same mail dey sent to me. May God help us all.
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by blazerMaks: 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
guys please help me fast!!!!
I couldn't do my online before my 5 days elapsed due to a host of reasons. I was planning on doing it on the 5th day being today but I keep getting an error message that I should contact HR or Taleo. what can I do please? angry cry cry cry cry
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by Plutarch: 2:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
kennytidistar:

Yes @ Plutarch . the person above couldn't continue because he f*** the test, what else do you have to say sir/ma.
Bro, i get u now but i will advise that you dont give yourself high blood pressure. Your tone of replying is too .............
Re: Standard Chartered Bank - International Graduate Programme 2013 by crustypearl: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
bunlizlaw: Pls is it true that one must use the same system for the test and uploading of documents?I used different systems and I'm yet to get any response after submitting my details 2 days after.Ur kind reponse will be appreciated.
No o. i did my test in a cybercafe and uploaded my details from my system at work. It doesn't matter o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Vancacies At Fidelity Bank For OND/NCE Holders / Nigeria Identity Management Commission (nimc) Interview & Pay Struct.! / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.