Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) (14275 Views)

Short Nigerian Sci-fi Animation- THE SIM / 2014 MOVIE TRAILERS: List of Top Action, SCI-FI And Superhero Movies / The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
dammyklein: wow! this is a big catch for naija and Nollywood...infact am proud you can come up with something unique and different...i will really love to publicize your work on my blog : www.igist247..com cus am a lover of great people that has so much to offer.
sure go ahead
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by samilo88(m): 8:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Op u too much..may God bless ur effort. We lovers of sci-fi would like to see stuffs like this with more nigerian concept..keep it coming,cant wait for episode 2..
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Shimao(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
Great work here. Greatly impressed. Keep it up.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

I was playing around undecided
Happy birthday! smiley

1 Like

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by kkkossy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pretty impressive. I'm following this topic.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
Geneto I don't know you, I haven't met you, but I'm officially in love with you right now, right here......I love and appreciate intelligent and creative people.

Well done!
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Welldone OP, don't stop the work.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by AbuMikey(m): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
All I can categorically post now is this »» Bro,You and Your crew are 10/10shockedshockedshocked
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Wow! Absolutely splendid

But wait first! U see wetin happen when u no go church on dat early sunday morning? When everybody been dey church, u come go dey smoke! Tobacco for that matter! Dont u know that tobacco smokers are liable to die young? U see how u almost die for dia! Next time no smoke 4 early sunday morning you hia!

2 Likes

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
God bless your efforts, impressive, two thumbs up
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Erukuomoibadan: 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
I'm a cinematographer / editor ,I know what it takes to make it so perfect as it is ...you're going places ...well done and if you need help in any thing I beg contact me ..the company I work with might be interested in this ....
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by turl(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
see what people are coming up with on a zero budget film and some useless directors go dey give us rubbish watch. Thumbs up man. You're pulling the right strings. You'll definitely go far, don't relent at all.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Demallcrazy(m): 8:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
kimakazee: Wow! Absolutely splendid

But wait first! U see wetin happen when u no go church on dat early sunday morning? When everybody been dey church, u come go dey smoke! Tobacco for that matter! Dont u know that tobacco smokers are liable to die young? U see how u almost die for dia! Next time no smoke 4 early sunday morning you hia!
end time iz here my broda undecided

End-Time-Tinz undecided
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
tellwisdom: Bro, i will not watch it sad #bye angry

Crazy moderfucker grin

@op bravo I just don't feel like watching but I believe it's cool.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
Nice job@ OP.. May GOD Strengthen u
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 9:00pm On Sep 08, 2013
kimakazee: Wow! Absolutely splendid

lmao!

1 Like

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by lordhugo(m): 9:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
dmalam: whts dis? uv tried but can do better nw

uploadin cnstructiv critism

...........40% complete

your FADA!!!
which 1 av u done?
leave the man jor
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by mhozzis(m): 9:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
I DIDN'T FINISH WATHCTING IT BEFORE RAN BACK HERE BECAUSE I NEEDED TO COMMENT. THIS IS THE BEST NOLLYWOOD MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN MAYBE BECAUSE I DON'T WATCH IT THAT MUCH. BUT THIS IS GREAT.

I GUESS A PROFESTIONAL CAMERA WAS USED AND D NARRATION WAS SUPERB EDITING INCLUSIVE.

I ENJOYED IT I SWEAR
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 08, 2013
lordhugo:

your FADA!!!
which 1 av u done?
leave the man jor
u can inslt me for ol i care but u dnt hv to bring in "FADA" , anyway tnx......................pls quit drinkin & or smokin!

its nt a bad tin fr d guy to improve more, i cant be here pourin out praises like evry oda person as if wht he hs done is d ultimate! tongue
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
This was definitely a breath of fresh air. You'll go far if you don't get discouraged and keep pushing your talents. If you decide to start taking on investors, you've got one here. Uh-mazing job!
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Kaycee7(m): 9:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Genetos, I'm still reminding you that I'm available whenever you start taking employees.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by afroluciferans: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Splendid!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Wahala90: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
[size=16pt]Rubbish[/size]
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by babarazy: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
Wahala90: [size=16pt]Rubbish[/size]
how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Jordanmusa(m): 9:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
This is some awesome ish man, awesome!
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by raffite: 10:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Wahala90: 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
A man had an accident and was taken to the hospital. He was attended to by caring, beautiful, succulent and curvy female nurses but each time any of the nurses came, he would look at her, up thru down, hiss very loudly and say "rubbish". The doctor was worried about this and asked: "my friend, you have all these well-behaved, beautiful nurses attending to you and all you keep saying is rubbish. What is the problem with them?" The guy replied, "doctor, if to say na you dey marry my wife, you for understand and maybe you for even shout "real rubbish!"

When I said rubbish. The problem is not with this clip but the Nigerian films that I have watched before. Sorry if I offended anyone but permit me to say "Real Rubbish"
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by spinna: 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Wow what a wonderful job this will certainly win in any short film competition.

my humble review/critique:
Nice opening titles, your co. logo hinted at the sci fi nature of the film but the next title was a more goofy font. U could change that to your co logo font,
Good sound like the v.o, barking dogs and the scrunching of the sand as he walked, good changes of angle and there's always something about great movies and cigarrettes ,
but the good stuff, the jam. gravy, cornflakes, chinese and suya is the amazing 3d generated Robot Invaders!(around 1.11) that was the real wow. Their aircraft blast the street into flames destroying cars and buildings. You have a great CG gift my friend

The explosions were a bit too close to him and should have thrown him leaving him dirty and bruised maybe from one side , or he could have taken cover . Color correction was a little off on him (too golden) when the fire was behind him.

Then when you think it;s over an amazing end sequence with some really cool 3d blueprint views of the robots

Of course all criticism is said standing on the shoulders of a giant i.e you.

I would like to meet you some day.

3 Likes

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by ojoawo(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
This is brilliant
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by dammyklein(f): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
genetos:
sure go ahead

do you mind me having your contact for more of your work and business purpose?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Letter To Nollywood / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.