Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) (14274 Views)

Short Nigerian Sci-fi Animation- THE SIM / 2014 MOVIE TRAILERS: List of Top Action, SCI-FI And Superhero Movies / The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by femmefatale: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nice one genetos........Is dat u in dre? Hmm......
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by UyiIredia(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
A well-done, ultra-low budget film. Kudos to the OP.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by naeto2(m): 4:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
I no know wetin some people dey talk oo.. As for me and my house d clip was D.O.P.E!!!!!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by mojeer678: 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
dammyklein: wow! this is a big catch for naija and Nollywood...infact am proud you can come up with something unique and different...i will really love to publicize your work on my blog : www.igist247..com cus am a lover of great people that has so much to offer.

Have you also read this? I believe our people are going places despite the infrastructural decay, bad, visionless & purposeless leadership & corruption unlimited.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/165571963/Hawkers-Sans-Frontieres-Chapter-One-Chapter-Two-and-Chapter-Three
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by dlox147(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
bro u did a great job with this..i'm not an expert but i want to draw your attention to something i noticed, and dont want to do that publicly on this forum...
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
femmefatale: Nice one genetos........Is dat u in dre? Hmm......
Nope that's the actor, am holding the camera
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by victorazy(m): 5:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
genetos:

U designed those aliens and their aircraft with 3DMax or what are the software?.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by femmefatale: 5:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
genetos:
Ok then.....was having an idea but not anymorewink Gud job u did though
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Kolade9(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Boll2010: did u jst get a blackberry? Do u want to mak money wit ur fonts? Do u v to blind pples eye? Are u tired of life? If yes u nid to start takin the sucide class#noOffence grin grin
Rotflmfao grin
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
victorazy:

U designed those aliens and their aircraft with 3DMax or what are the software?.
yea, we used 3ds max for our 3d and after effects for our compositing and color correction and premiere for our editing
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Lenny5000(m): 9:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
genetos: Thanks yall, I spent only [b]200 naira [/b]on the film which was use to buy the pack of cigarette nd lighter

200naira? Meaning if I give you 20k it might even be better than this?.... Anyway I wanna hook up! How do we do this? Are you on Facebook? Please get back ASAP!

By the way Very inspiring work.... Bless
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by iamdsam: 10:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
I wish I can watch
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by VillageBoi(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
victorazy:

Ya it will be very expensive sha but it makes works far far easier.
1. It will save the much time used on designing a particular image, all u need to do is to animate it 3D scanner will convert the image as Hard image to Soft image.
2. It will help you to express urself, create more disaterious movies like "White house down" etc. The machine will be driven round the city, then feed into the computer for animations and charaters "meaning u can detroy the whole Abuja city with computer" is awsome grin.

Using minature 3d sets doesn't make it any easier and as you rightly mentioned is VERY expensive (I also doubt we have people that do such in Naija)... that kinda works against what these guys or what anyone really should be trying to do 'now'.
I'm sure 'Genetos & Co.' are on the right path here... they need to stick to the model they have that works and just get better & better at it.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by genetos(m): 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
thanks guys, you can contact us at info@ficson.com or follow us @ficson_films or like our page at www.facebook.com/FicsonFilms and subscribe to our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ficsonfilms
thanks again we are really honored
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Pattey(m): 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
genetos: thanks guys, you can contact us at info@ficson.com or follow us @ficson_films or like our page at www.facebook.com/FicsonFilms and subscribe to our youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/ficsonfilms
thanks again we are really honored

Kudos bro! Wish you lots of successful projects ahead. . . I hope we get to do some work together in a near future
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by luciangelymail(f): 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2013
my Brother, u try gaaan!!!, jst more improvement, bt to tell u d truth, nollywood editing crew need somebody like you, Genesis. love that,!
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by McZeus(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is what I have been expecting from Naija movies, Do these and you'll see the decease in film importation wink wink wink wink. @genetos, Nice one bro. The guy fear but him no run, na suicide mission o.... You no de expect part two? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Kaycee7(m): 10:12am On Sep 12, 2013
McZeus: This is what I have been expecting from Naija movies, Do these and you'll see the decease in film importation wink wink wink wink. @genetos, Nice one bro. The guy fear but him no run, na suicide mission o.... You no de expect part two? undecided undecided undecided undecided
They actually import films in Naija. Tell them to send some to Enugu.
Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by Demallcrazy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 18, 2013
victorazy:

D pix below was designed wit a SUPER-LOW-BUDGET.
No soft or hardware was even used, jez HUNGERware grin

1 Like

Re: The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) by VillageBoi(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^
Lololol... very funny!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Letter To Nollywood / Kunle Afolayan's Trailer for 'October 1' Movie / Top 10 Real-life Wrestling Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.