Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,621 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President (30163 Views)

Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Which student and which student had the meeting with Faggae which they said they dont want the strike to end? Was i informed before the meeting was held? Does it mean they could take decision now without my approval? When did this happen?

Lmao! See Faggae mouth! E dey like frog own. grin This em mouth alone fit make federal govt follow go strike. grin God really bless naija with clowns. grin. Na ASUU go beg federal govt now make dem call off thier own strike.

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Hmmm.

She laugh me when i enter Polytechnic, i laugh her when she still dey 200level when i dey write my project for HND.. #Shikena grin

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Zane2point4(m): 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why i hate lecturers
•they love female students and therefore show preferential treatment to ladies than the guys.
•many of them are not computer literate,when will they initiate their own blogs or forums online,where they can easily research and make reference to student to visit and study their materials online.
•some take student issues personal especially females,e.g ada why didn't you come to school today or why didn't you visit my house to congratulate me on my wife's safe delivery,or i must recognize your face before i pass you.
•some attend lecture only twice a week simply because they are engaged in another work.
•some fail you simply because you come to lectures with a honda EOD,so out of jealousy they fail you.
•Even as am typing this comments now my course adviser is calling me to send him #1500 recharge card,cos no work no pay.

2 Likes

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by edgideon(m): 12:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
It has tey since it show
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by realteflon(m): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
tobechi20: Click like if you are not in support of aasu
You are on your own guy

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Burger01(m): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
tobechi20: Click like if you are not in support of aasu
See your life! What's aasu Olodo, and you want me to click like on aasu.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by OmichaelO: 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
Now I have to face my work learning squarely!!

Painful part is we've not started exam before the strike started... sad sad

If not I will be lounging big!
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by prospero5(m): 12:18pm On Sep 08, 2013
i think what the lecturers are actually saying is: get the education system better now, then that will make the society best for the future. but my question is: is now the right time to do it in totality?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by zibi2(m): 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2013

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Gpius(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
I DNT REMEMBER VOTING 4 D STRIKE TO CONTINUE....although i knew it won't end soon bt then i have a dream that one day ASUU strike will bcom HISTORY in Naija dats after we all decide to go and study in CHAD,CAMEROUN,NIGER and others...bt first na to go get pikin be d 1st tin :DI DNT REMEMBER VOTING 4 D STRIKE TO CONTINUE....although i knew it won't end soon bt then i have a dream that one day ASUU strike will bcom HISTORY in Naija dats after we all decide to go and study in CHAD,CAMEROUN,NIGER and others...bt first na to go get pikin be d 1st tin

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Ugosample(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
From an objective point of view, i think both parties are not saints. Although fg is to take most of the blame for not being sincere i.e. Implementing an AGREEMENT they REACHED with the union, The lecturers also do not deserve being paid comensurately with their counterparts in the developed world because of their poor attitude to work (not all of them though) most of them don't do proper research (they give excuse that there is little funding, which in the case of my institution is not true, the money they get is squandered) e.t.c. If ASUU promises to improve themselves and by extension, their delivery, then their would be justified, but if it would be business as usual, then they are on their own. My 50 kobo.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by liyalla(m): 12:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
I am a student and I want the strike called off- so whr did U get such assertion Mr ASUU president? angry

2 Likes

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by sage2(m): 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2013
Well, this will only affect this masses. The last time I checked, Nigerian students in private university and those studying outside the country are being giving undue advantage. The masses should open their eyes and fight this conspiracy. Both the Government and ASUU do not mean well. #ETT
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by CooldudeY2J: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
The NFA'S (No future ambitions) are in suport of ASUU strike, for me i want 2 graduate. HMM........ FOR THE VERY 1ST TIME THIS IS GOING TO AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by zebra(m): 12:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
smoosh15: She laugh me when i enter Polytechnic, i laugh her when she still dey 200level when i dey write my project for HND.. #Shikena grin
She will laugh longest when discrimation of HND finally catches up with you in the civil service or private sector. I wish u well sha.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by shawnpepe(f): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
like seriously?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by awodman: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
GOVT HAS NO MONEY TO MEET ASUU DEMANDS??
No Problem, Let's Help Them To End Strike
:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...
Nigerian students have started contributing money to meet ASUU's demand so pls noamount is too small, pls send this to all concerned students who are tired of the strike..... Biko pls lets save our female students 4rm getting pregnant and our male students from becoming robbers.

Pls if u'r ready 2make ur contribution, Visit the nearest FirstBankbank and pay into this acct detail.....
acctname : awodman
acct numba>>>> if u are ready to pay PM me for the acct
numba...
God bless You as you help
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by ITbomb(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
ASUU should remain on strike for as long as possible to chart a new course for the wretched Nigerian tertiary education system .
Ghana suspended academics session for 2 years and fixed their schools and now the budget allocation to education is above 20% while Nigeria is struggling with 8% (mostly for salaries with no plan for infrastructure expansion) and 25% to feed the Senators
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by tydi(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
No longer intrested...I don already burn ma acceptance slip...

Ah fink am OK wit sellin of ma cooked groundnut business

Shekina!!!
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Abeos(m): 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
A thunder can not strike once nd neva strike again, so I don't believe ASUU current is d end of all strikes
As we knw nw ASUU strike sef is stronger than even thunder srike
To knw y? Click LIKE
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by kpozite(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Babiloko: r

you have made a habit of commenting "r" in every thread."
Lol" or "End tym Tyns" would have been better than this.
Tђε̲̣̣̣̥ eariler you seek medical attention tђε̲̣̣̣̥ better Fø̲̣̣я you
ODE

2 Likes

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Hopez456(m): 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
If not for my house rent that is wasting away I wouldn't have bothered. To hell with them all!!!
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Not interested in Nigeria Educational system again. Switching to studying in Foreign school.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by wasak(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
this is my post last month... what have we done to improve our plight beyond internet ranting....

Good morning my fellow
nairalanders.
It is no longer news that ASUU
and the FED GOVT. has concluded
to continue playing hide and seek
game with the future of Nigerian
students. It is not a difficult
decision for the government as
students have also encouraged
this new sport by sitting at home
in silence while our brain cells
remain idle. for how long are we
going to continue this way? For
how long are we going to
continue going to the bush at
night due to the bad condition of
our hostel toilets? For how are we
going to continue sitting on the
floor in lecture rooms? For how
long are we going to continue
reading with torchlights at night?
For how long are we going to
endure smiling in penury?
Nigerian students for how long
are we going to continue
alternatives instead of the main
practical? how much more are
willing to wait for magic news
from NTA every Tuesday night??
Necessity they say is the father of
invention..This is the only
opportunity we have to effect a
desired change . let us say NO to
insincere governance. I'm typing
this with tears in my eyes . I'm
sure posterity will never forgive
the youths of Today if we
continue this way.
Democracy they say is a
government of the people, by the
people and for the people.
Democracy is not a government of
the by the government and for the
government.
Greatest Nigerian students!!!!!
Nigeria is Nigeria because of it's
citizens and not because of the
Government. It's hightime we
stood against this obnoxious
government. It's now or never.
we can organise ourselves in
different states and start a nation
wide protest. It's TIME

http:///15KQiAX

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by berryldilty(f): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
ASUU is a big joke. how can they say that Nigerian students told them to continue with the strike. where did they meet to discuss that? ASUU just tell us that you are fighting for your selfish interest and we will understand not hiding under the guise of university infrastructure. FG has shifted ground in releasing 30bn for lecturers allowance and 100bn for infrastructure. go back to class and teach. you people are also among those killing the education sector in Nigeria. look at the time wasted. the calendar disruption. go back to class and continue negotiations. your grievances against FG shouldn't be meted out on the poor students. FG please try harder with the negotiations. two wrongs cannot make a right. little by little the MoU WILL BE IMPLEMENTED. go back to class.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Tuntheycr7: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Babiloko: r
U again wt ya ' r '
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
bukit05: Just passing by. . .

Keep passing by and never dare stop until ASUU calls off strike. You could be reason why fg is not yielding to ASUU. grin
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by divinegiftmodel: 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
oluwadare26: LOL..

7TH TO COMMENT
AND TO FG & ASUU I SAY,

END

TIME

THINZ
at 26 u are still in pre-nursery . when will u grow

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
zeanslim: its seems END TIME TINZ is d latest trend

Are you a learner? 'END TIME TINS' began when ASUU began on strike. grin
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Lordlexy: 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
If there was an agreement btw both parties in the past, then common sense should prevail on the side of fg to implement it. Which ever way you look at it, assu's agitation for better renumeration and conducive learning environment is on course. Fg may have their doubts about the quality of teaching staff that we have, their mismanagement of students' fees and level of competence, but the mandate is on fg to set up working policy and monitor how the policy work with respect to the funds demanded. But as usually, we have a govt that is more interested in politics than education and students who have resorted to bigotry rather than coming out to state their stands in the whole fracas.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
zicol: Jst passing bye cry

Forward ever and backward never! You might be the Jona that's needed to be removed from d ship btwn FG vs ASUU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deeper Life High School Suspends Solomon Ndidi Over Molestation Of Pupil / Is Jamb Result Out For 2011/2012. / Nigerian Law School Did Not Approve Use Of Hijab But A Hair Cover For Firdaus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.