Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President (30186 Views)

Festus Iyayi Is Dead (Ex-ASUU President) / Message From ASUU President / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by ridwintin: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Dis foolish man fall my hand again.u better used five years.silly leadership.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by oyinkan006: 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
I just don't get it.... Nigerians can embark on a week long nationwide strike becos of fuel subsidy removal, buh cannot go on strike for one day becos of this ASUU-FG bullshit... The same minds that will one day govern this country are out of sch roaming aimlessly abt and There's nothing nigerians can do abt it.... Let Nigerians take the bull by the horn if ASUU and FG fails to reach a concensus..we (Nigerians )put them there, so why shld we be the ones to suffer for their selfish interest... Don't know where this country is heading o.....God help us...

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by HRHAgek(m): 11:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Jaidey-one:

Ignorance is bliss!!!
Here's my comment from another thread

MONGOPARK

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by nestaAK(m): 12:00am On Sep 09, 2013
Continue!!
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by rudian(f): 12:18am On Sep 09, 2013
Leochizzy: pls am enjoying this striking ASUU. ASUU and thunder which one strike pass........,,.........................................(kpooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). ASUU pls am a student and I suggest we countine our strike pls. up up ASUU down down fg; up up ASUU down down fg...singing my church song here.
U be real Goat!

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Dpeacemaker101: 12:25am On Sep 09, 2013
Well, the ASUU president has decided for the students also. It is very bad that students will agree to this statement.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 4:35am On Sep 09, 2013
When a mad man is given a flute; he uses it not to make music but noise. Isa Fagge will soon witness a divided ASUU. He has carried the sacrifice beyond the altar and if he doesn't retrace his step and put his house in order, a "New ASUU" will emerge and that would be the end of ASUU as we know it today.
Their demands are genuine but they have not conducted themselves as a serious people. Besides, what they are asking the FG to do can only be implemented in stages, not once.
Let ASUU go back to school, apply the funds they have judiciously and stop conducting their business like money "doublers" and they will win the support of Nigerian parents and students. They consider us fools, if they think we don't know that the present strike is borne out of envy for the jumbo pay the "illiterate" politicians receive . It is all about their interest and not Nigerian students. The students are just a ladder for ASUU to climb their ambition.

3 Likes

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by obadaye: 4:56am On Sep 09, 2013
gregg2: ASUU "agreements" never finish. As government implements one the next is put on the table again for discussion. These guys are a greedy bunch.

The NANS leadership are just naive if they think implementing this agreement for ASUU will end strike actions. And I bet you, Non academic staff, SSANU, NUT, Polytechnic, Colleges of Education are all waiting on the sidelines so they too can come up with their own agitations. The "No work, No Salary" policy should be put in the constitution.
are u on drugs?.dont b stupid..retrace ur step and tink right.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Damsman10(m): 5:13am On Sep 09, 2013
oyinkan006: I just don't get it.... Nigerians can embark on a week long nationwide strike becos of fuel subsidy removal, buh cannot go on strike for one day becos of this ASUU-FG bullshit... The same minds that will one day govern this country are out of sch roaming aimlessly abt and There's nothing nigerians can do abt it.... Let Nigerians take the bull by the horn if ASUU and FG fails to reach a concensus..we (Nigerians )put them there, so why shld we be the ones to suffer for their selfish interest... Don't know where this country is heading o.....God help us...
thats because everione is going 2 strike 4 deir own profit and for the same reason...NIGERIYA...

1 Like

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by born2boink(m): 5:52am On Sep 09, 2013
ASUU strike should continue till next year because I'm busy making money while the strike last. I was thinking the strike should end 3 weeks ago but I have already given up and used my propose school fees to Bleep ashana. now I need nothing less than 2-3 months to gather another school fees because clubbing and patronising beer parlour wouldn't help fast saving........STRIKE should continue IJN while I enjoy town. At least no fear of exam or lecturer demand
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by chidi2pus(m): 6:53am On Sep 09, 2013
who cares?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by igoro10: 8:08am On Sep 09, 2013
Leochizzy: pls am enjoying this striking ASUU. ASUU and thunder which one strike pass........,,.........................................(kpooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa). ASUU pls am a student and I suggest we countine our strike pls. up up ASUU down down fg; up up ASUU down down fg...singing my church song here.
U must be a bunch of nonsense!
Anyway, visit:www.calebmoney..com 4 more tory.
ASUU/fg , them don belle full. Wetin concern dem?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Fernandinho: 9:53am On Sep 09, 2013
LOL...I wonder where dis ASUU president got his facts from...*sigh* Just vomitting rubbish
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by JohnieWalker(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2013
ASUU continue the strike i with u
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by born2boink(m): 11:14am On Sep 09, 2013
Strike have not even started yet. This is just the beginning, even if we are going to graduate someday,life is not about putting eggs in one basket. Find something to do, learrn barbers, trade , hairdressing or shoe-making but if you can't then joining me in roaming around and fucking love peddlers, one thing I am sure, no matter how I Bleep pussy doing strike,I will surely establish my biz and strike is the greatest opportunity to turn things around. UP strike, UP ASUU, UP FG. I'm getting there......lol.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2013
born2fuck: Strike have not even started yet. This is just the beginning, even if we are going to graduate someday,life is not about putting eggs in one basket. Find something to do, learrn barbers, trade , hairdressing or shoe-making but if you can't then joining me in roaming around and fucking love peddlers, one thing I am sure, no matter how I Bleep pussy doing strike,I will surely establish my biz and strike is the greatest opportunity to turn things around. UP strike, UP ASUU, UP FG. I'm getting there......lol.

Hmmn, what an advice.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by laplace19(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
gregg2: ASUU "agreements" never finish. As government implements one the next is put on the table again for discussion. These guys are a greedy bunch.

The NANS leadership are just naive if they think implementing this agreement for ASUU will end strike actions. And I bet you, Non academic staff, SSANU, NUT, Polytechnic, Colleges of Education are all waiting on the sidelines so they too can come up with their own agitations. The "No work, No Salary" policy should be put in the constitution.

What are you saying?

Why can't FG pay ASUU their earned allowance upon the fact that ASUU had already scaled it down from the actual 127 billion(as calculated for 3 years and 6months) to 87 billion?

Why can't FG implement the UNESCO recommended 26% budgetary allocation for our education?

Think of it,ordinary Ghana,Ivory coast and botswana with smaller Gross Domestic Product(GDP) are funding 31%,20% and 17% of their total budget to their education sector and we are funding our own hundreds of universities with just about 8.5%.

I will be the last person to cast aspersions on ASUU even though their actions are to my own and others detriment.

Soon FG will approve the 600billion for census as said by Festus Odimegwu,

Soon FG will venture on Space Exploration that can cost an outrageous amount of money

Whereas what "makes a nation" (education) is in jeopardy

"Vagabond Government" like the erst-while minister of aviation called it..
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by ebucha: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
De Noble: I am glad there are still people like you that can reason and study situations. You will live long
thank you jare! You will live long too.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by laplace19(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2013

Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Iniwhyt: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2013
johnstar: Na wa o undecided all dis ASUU children self cheesy.... @least person wey first me enter univeristy, ah go first am finish sch grin grin..... TeamPriv8uni cheesy *dancing skelewu*
na wa o. Wat joy do u xactly derive in dat? U think d race is 2 d swift,abi?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Ziggyzito(m): 12:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Are they gonna share the 100 billion with the so called students?
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Pattey(m): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
Jaidey-one:

Ignorance is bliss!!!
Here's my comment from another thread

You claim ASUU is requesting for 87Billion. Are you aware the government has released @least 130 billion since this strike started?

2, That 25% budgetary allocation thing is a hogwash! You kno what, why don't we make it 70% and we all abandon housing etc and live in the classrooms!

Running a country is about priorities, scale of preference, and I disagree with pegging any statutory allocation. Afterall, change is permanent or how do they say it! Therefore, allocations have to evolve with the needs of the society.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by robo247(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
STUDENTS ARE THE ONE BEARING THE BRUNT OF EVERYTHING. THE LECTURERS ARE STILL BEING PAID. FG (POLITICIANS) HAVE NOT STOP RECIEVING THEIR OWN SHARE EITHER. AND I BET U, ASSU PRESIDENT MIGHT NOT HAVE HIS KIDS SCHOOLING IN ANY OF THESE UNIVERSITIES.
ALL I CARE IS THAT THEY SHUD GET THE STUDENTS BACK TO SCHOOL AND STOP THIS CRAP.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by tochman(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Greedy ASUU should not forget that the govt still has to pay other higher institution lecturers in polys, nces, coes...e.t.cs
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Bencochris: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
When Obama stops his proposed MILITARY STRIKE ON SERIAL then ASSU will call of the STRIKE . Shikena
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Pattey(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
ayusco85: I, Ayusco85 from university of jos, i concur. It should go on until it is resolved permanently. #aluta continua, victoria A̶̲̥̅♏ not sure grin
grin

Are you aware your school did not spend 140Million of the money it got frm FG last year? And una sef dey follow join all this hypocritical noise. . . Do you know how many Universities fail to spend the money allocated to them? Even after mis appropriating the one they actual claim to spend.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by udswagz: 8:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hello people, this question & answer website for students
www.thestudybox.com
needs beta testers. If you are a student pls try it out,
ask a question or answer one.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Wittywizard(m): 12:27am On Sep 10, 2013
tobechi20: Click like if you are not in support of aasu
MY GUY... Are u really a student... Please we need u in primary & secondary school thread
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by Pattey(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2013
laplace19:

What are you saying?

Why can't FG pay ASUU their earned allowance upon the fact that ASUU had already scaled it down from the actual 127 billion(as calculated for 3 years and 6months) to 87 billion?

Why can't FG implement the UNESCO recommended 26% budgetary allocation for our education?

Think of it,ordinary Ghana,Ivory coast and botswana with smaller Gross Domestic Product(GDP) are funding 31%,20% and 17% of their total budget to their education sector and we are funding our own hundreds of universities with just about 8.5%.

I will be the last person to cast aspersions on ASUU even though their actions are to my own and others detriment.

Soon FG will approve the 600billion for census as said by Festus Odimegwu,

Soon FG will venture on Space Exploration that can cost an outrageous amount of money

Whereas what "makes a nation" (education) is in jeopardy

"Vagabond Government" like the erst-while minister of aviation called it..

I totally support you jare! Infact, why don't we kukuma budget for anything else, or ok, allocate 70% to education as if it will get the dead brains we call lecturers to actually become productive.

Leave technical courses aside, even in the absolutely theoretical courses, are you aware our lectures are a colossal failure?

There are two things I've mentioned before, Opportunity cost and scale of preference. These are elements factored into what and what a government gives priority.

Education is very important, yes! Infact, with quality education, all our problems will end. But;

1- do we cos of that allocate UNESCO's 26% when our people are hungry? When in 2013 we are still patching pot holes on roads and lamenting on electricity?

2- will giving the eternal philandering block heads we call lecturers more money solve our problem in education?

3- Government should be allowed to prioritize as it deems fit and if for some reason education ends up with 50% in a particular year then so be it!

If you disagree, then you can start by analysing the budget and suggesting who should get a cut.
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by OJ111(m): 6:53am On Jan 03, 2021
Re: Students Dont Want ASUU Strike To End - ASUU President by OJ111(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2021
https://schoolbeginner.com

Enjoy from schoolbeginner.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strange Origin Of 9 Everyday Objects We Use / New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones / Seye Oduyale Bags Medical Degree In U.S. After Applying For 8 Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.